• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Matt's place, smashfest. But not on Friday anymore. Saturday.

Actually, **** that. This Saturday.

WE'LL HAVE OUR 2ND RANKING BATTLE

That's right guys, short notice and all but we may aswell do something here. So $5 per person and we'll be doing pools into brackets just like last time. I will update you all if I'm going to use the Tier system or not. Toronto, Scarbrough and anything of GTA is invited as long as they don't mind the crowded room. I'm going to make a 2nd topic for this so please confirm yourself there.
You should do non tiered random pools.
For the rankings after just look at who beat who and whatnot.
And for god sakes at least have another panelist or two... seriously.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we should have one big pool, no brackets.

Results would then be accurate to a larger degree.

and lawl, tournament will be Sunday by tomorrow or the day after that. ¶___¶

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I'm gonna make it out to this one this time. and **** that, im gonna do good.

Hmmm, I really like Lanowens idea, then its for sure that everyone plays everyone then the PR's will be much easier to make.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I agree with Landy. To do a ranking battle right it's just 1 gigantic pool with head to heads at the end for people with tied records. That's the way to get the most accurate rankings. I also, like David hate this short notice.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Matt's place, smashfest. But not on Friday anymore. Saturday.

Actually, **** that. This Saturday.

WE'LL HAVE OUR 2ND RANKING BATTLE

That's right guys, short notice and all but we may aswell do something here. So $5 per person and we'll be doing pools into brackets just like last time. I will update you all if I'm going to use the Tier system or not. Toronto, Scarbrough and anything of GTA is invited as long as they don't mind the crowded room. I'm going to make a 2nd topic for this so please confirm yourself there.
****, this sounds awesome. I'll try my best to show.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
who the hell are you.
SonicZeroX. :x

I was at the TransCanada tournament and a bit at the Anime North tournament. I've met and played LoneWolf, Lanowen, I.B., and Europhoria. And I use Marth, Shiek and Falco. >_>

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Wait you met me? I'm sorry, it seems I forget who you were. What do you look like, that might make it easier for me to remember.
I played you in pools at the TransCanada tourney. I also met you at Anime North at the Subway (The sandwich store). I'm the asian kid with the glasses. :p

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
SonicZeroX. :x

I was at the TransCanada tournament and a bit at the Anime North tournament. I've met and played LoneWolf, Lanowen, I.B., and Europhoria. And I use Marth, Shiek and Falco. >_>
How original.

Anyway, if there's not anything happening tomorrow, Imadh and Dzenan can come to my place with a cube/smash. Someone else around my age should be able to come so we can haf 4 people.

I might not be able to come to Matt's @ Sat, and if I will, I'll be late. D:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
How original.

Anyway, if there's not anything happening tomorrow, Imadh and Dzenan can come to my place with a cube/smash. Someone else around my age should be able to come so we can haf 4 people.

I might not be able to come to Matt's @ Sat, and if I will, I'll be late. D:
Well I usually screw around with all of the characters, but I had to choose a main to get good with for the TransCanada tourney so I just went with Marth and a little bit of Sheik and Falco.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Well I usually screw around with all of the characters, but I had to choose a main to get good with for the TransCanada tourney so I just went with Marth and a little bit of Sheik and Falco.
Yeah, I was joking. >____>;

As you can tell from my avie, I play Bowser, so. <__<;

Anywayz, James looks like he can be a year older than me...:p

efex

Smash Cadet
i missed trans canada didnt i ?

also i am selling a FREE gamecube for only 40 dollars !!!
thats right FREE now this gamecube can be yours absolutely FREE for only
40 dollars

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I don't remember that Subway, it was a blur of hunger. Sadly I don't remember you. However, if you see me at the ranking battle on Saturday come poke me and tell me who you are and I should remember. My memory's great like that sometimes.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
You should do non tiered random pools.
For the rankings after just look at who beat who and whatnot.
And for god sakes at least have another panelist or two... seriously.
The Alphamale Bimonthlies have unofficially come together with C3's Bimonthlies. Meaning, in a sense there will be 2 panelists. lol Marco is out of that list if you were wondering.

I think I'll do the giant pools and then from there we'll see if we have time for a bracket round.

Confirm if you are or not coming, please. Andy, if you would like to, keep track of that on the first page.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I, like Jarc, am going to make a trip to T. in late August to play y'all. Can we plan something?
For both Jarc and Phrozn - We could plan something for a Friday/Saturday type of date. But things can come up so it's sorta hard to do anything @ this point.

Andy, since you're more familiar with the two. Would you like to host a small smashfest @ your place? lol since it's usually myself and Imadh and maybe 1 or 2 others that come anyway.

AND I CAN PLAY GGXXAC FOR WIII.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I thinking of starting to host biweeklies, although I'm also under the distinct impression that my house is geographically inconvenient for most of you.

Would anyone be interested in someone hosting a biweekly tournament or has interest more or less died around here?

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Okay. I need a name for my biweekly. So far I'm working with "Master Basting in Three Easy Steps! Meat required."

Umm beyond that I think the first one will be at my house as I would like to start master basting but require a proper venue. Hopefully one with paper towels. I hear smashers are filthy creatures and don't wash after handling meat.

I will want to know where, geographically speaking, a good location would be for a venue. This is directly related to Sauga as I'm not sure who from Sauga would actually attend these, as most of Sauga never bothers to show for anything that isn't thrown roughly 15 minutes driving away from them (exceptions include Adnan and Madnan and Adnamadh, who is really just Adnan now; Imadh's been rejected by the pointy finger of doom).

This also relates to the Scarborough people and NNR people because if you peoples are convenient for all of the above communities or possess land of value that is convenient, then I may want to do these there (with your permission, etc).

If a proper venue cannot be found, I'll just do them at my house and you can all struggle to get here or they may turn into meager smashfests.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Okay. I need a name for my biweekly. So far I'm working with "Master Basting in Three Easy Steps! Meat required."

Umm beyond that I think the first one will be at my house as I would like to start master basting but require a proper venue. Hopefully one with paper towels. I hear smashers are filthy creatures and don't wash after handling meat.

I will want to know where, geographically speaking, a good location would be for a venue. This is directly related to Sauga as I'm not sure who from Sauga would actually attend these, as most of Sauga never bothers to show for anything that isn't thrown roughly 15 minutes driving away from them (exceptions include Adnan and Madnan and Adnamadh, who is really just Adnan now; Imadh's been rejected by the pointy finger of doom).

This also relates to the Scarborough people and NNR people because if you peoples are convenient for all of the above communities or possess land of value that is convenient, then I may want to do these there (with your permission, etc).

If a proper venue cannot be found, I'll just do them at my house and you can all struggle to get here or they may turn into meager smashfests.

Unfortunately, I would have to say Trufax to the sauga part. We're just cool like that.

But really, we do try to come to as many things as possible. So yeah, aswell to those of you coming tomorrow 5363 Richbrough Dr.

:0

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I would have to say Trufax to the sauga part. We're just cool like that.

But really, we do try to come to as many things as possible. So yeah, aswell to those of you coming tomorrow 5363 Richbrough Dr.
Sort of like how we try to come to all your things.

Oh wait.

We make yours.

Honestly, peoples. I'm not judging you on whether or not you can come or not. I realize I'm inconvenient. However, if you cannot come or have no intention of doing so please say so because I don't want to find an alternate venue for you if there's no interest in coming.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Sort of like how we try to come to all your things.

Oh wait.

We make yours.

Honestly, peoples. I'm not judging you on whether or not you can come or not. I realize I'm inconvenient. However, if you cannot come or have no intention of doing so please say so because I don't want to find an alternate venue for you if there's no interest in coming.

lol If it's a tournament, we'll make it. SoS was pretty far out east for us, but we showed up.

Top Bottom