• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
lol, i spent most of the time at home playing video games. i downloaded three new super metroid hacks today!

(ryan, you can have them next time you come over...or maybe tomorrow, since i'll have my laptop)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Haha, Kyle got love but I got none! With the exception of Ryan ;D

Wasn't it Mike's birthday yesterday too? Either way, happy birfdayyy to you both~

idea

Smash Master
josh, when was your birthday? haha, i almost forgot my own. my mom asked me if i was gonna be busy tuesday night..."no, why?" "it's your birthday." "...oh yeaahhh"

and mike's is today.

idea

Smash Master
too bad you didn't come today then =P now you have to wait a while.

haha, i stopped playing super metroid impossible. you know that part where you have to grapple across a room on the way to the wrecked ship, and there's a missile upgrade on a pillar in the middle? yeah, you have to get through there without grapple beam or speed booster.

this means you are required to bomb jump diagonally. and i don't want to learn that. it's really hard.

unknown522

Some guy
lol, that's pretty crazy.

I'm playing smash / sf4 with kio and charles. Charles wants me to get good at it so that we an bernard can team.

I've gotten the feel of doing combos, but now I need to apply them in matches and which ones to use, when to use them, etc.

we're currently playing melee though. Then we may play 64 for a bit.

idea

Smash Master
david and i played for a while

and i won, like, 4 matches

that was today =P also fox vs. sheik is much much easier than jiggs vs. sheik, even if you have little tech skill.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
im busy tomorrow

saturday im free though.

also guys, watch the Great Sperm Race, its on discovery channel sunday at 8 i think.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ryan posting:

I'm at sean's house. We recorded matches and weekend combo vid coming soon.

lol roy

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm back in Toronto as of last night. My cell's up and running and I want to chill before Thursday. I'm going to Manhattan. : /

Thursday night -> Sunday Morning.

I missed you ***s so come see me.

idea

Smash Master
bernard, come to york on wednesday. stos is going this week. since you're leaving thursday night you'll still have the rest of thursday to pack.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Switzerland: Geneva (home base of the trip), Zurich

Road trip/passed through/stayed in

Italy: Tuscany, Rome, Venice, Pisa, Bologne

France: Marseilles, Paris

Slovenia: Lukovica, Ljublana, Castle of Bled/Town Bled

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
The important question is: Did you **** any European *****es?

By *****es, I mean smashers, not females. Because actual **** is bad.

*cactus theme song plays as he escapes the battle*

Sanu

Smash Champion
Welcome back! Hope you had an awesome time, gotta tell us about it later.

So yeah, we should all do something... non-yorkish =P

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
The important question is: Did you **** any European *****es?

By *****es, I mean smashers, not females. Because actual **** is bad.

*cactus theme song plays as he escapes the battle*
I was supposed to meet with Aldwyn McCloud...but that flopped. He was the only Italian smasher I had any contact with. Geneva is really strange, and some of their common laws prevented me from meeting/smashing with swiss players. I played a few people in Zurich, but I don't think they were on the boards. France I only passed through for a day in both Marseilles and Paris. Not enough time to meet with anyone.

Welcome back! Hope you had an awesome time, gotta tell us about it later.

So yeah, we should all do something... non-yorkish =P
Thanks. Its good to be back.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You can't use the washroom or shower etc etc at around 10pm. It disturbs neighbors, and can actually get you arrested. Most of the food places close at like 7pm, including order out places like pizza stores. The transit in the neighborhoods stops around 11 EVERYWHERE. My uncle told me that, because Geneva is so close to border of France, he would sometimes drive 15 min to France to pick up groceries. He'd get off work at like 8-9pm, but all the supermarkets and stuff would be closed.

Geneva in general is insanely clean, and the police are tight-***** about that stuff. Everyone, whether they live in a house or apartment or whatever, has their own designated trash can outside their place of residence. I heard some stories of police coming at 2am to peoples' houses with trash in their hands saying "you put this in the wrong can". I'm not sure what the disciplinary actions are in those cases.

Another such case:

my uncle's friend was walking from his bathroom to his bedroom in his boxers after having taken a shower. Some lady in a building across the street saw him through a window and called the police. They came to his house to charge him for "exhibitionism". I'm not sure what happened to him, because I was laughing and forgot to ask. He responded with "well then she should be charged with voyeurism".

A lot of international organizations have their headquarters in Geneva, so its understandable that they'd want to be extra strict about a few things. But theses and a bunch of other strange laws make life stupid there sometimes.

Welcome to Geneva?

(oh yeah. the smashers in Geneva said some neighbors called the police the last time they smashed past 10 because of washroom/other audible disturbances)

Top Bottom