• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
LOL AL J0 0GUYZ R TEH L00ZARZ RITE NAW LOL CUZ LIEK U R AL LIEK "OMFG WTF BBQ DIS INTARNET R SURIUS BUSINIESS MIRITELOL??!/11?!?!!" BUT IM LIEK "LOL!!1!1!1!!!!111!one!1!" CUZ U R TEH DUMZ0RZR0ZR0ZLOLOLOLOPPOL;P;OLP;LOLOPO;L;OLOOPLPOLPOLPLO;LPLOL

D

Deleted member

Dude you watch DBR? That ****s for nubs man.

Everyone knows DBM is the illest crew around

Specially for edgeguarding ****, mario backthrow to suicide = skeet

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I hail from accross the river from Toronto, and completely failed to realize that people actually do stuff in Canada like play smash! It seems so obvious now, to have overlooked Canada when we hold tournies in Detroit all the time!

To that effect, I would like to invite anyone who is interested in crossing said river to come up to a tourny we are holding on June 23rd in Southfield, MI. at an internet cafe, which is about 30 minutes from the tunnel (traffic allowing). Its 1v1s and 2v2s and starts at 1:00pm.

Heres the official thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105390

Basically the rundown: $15 per person per event, $10 of that goes into the pot, 1st gets 70% and a Planet X shirt, 2nd gets 30%. Please bring U.S. currency to this event.

We typically get turnouts of 20-30 of Michigan's best for our events, and we are expecting an even bigger crowd to take part due to our increased prize pool. I look forwards to seeing you guys soon.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Dude you watch DBR? That ****s for nubs man.

Everyone knows DBM is the illest crew around

Specially for edgeguarding ****, mario backthrow to suicide = skeet
Dbr and Dbm is for noobs.. But still, that mario backthrow to suicide is the best.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I hail from accross the river from Toronto, and completely failed to realize that people actually do stuff in Canada like play smash! It seems so obvious now, to have overlooked Canada when we hold tournies in Detroit all the time!

To that effect, I would like to invite anyone who is interested in crossing said river to come up to a tourny we are holding on June 23rd in Southfield, MI. at an internet cafe, which is about 30 minutes from the tunnel (traffic allowing). Its 1v1s and 2v2s and starts at 1:00pm.

Heres the official thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105390

Basically the rundown: $15 per person per event, $10 of that goes into the pot, 1st gets 70% and a Planet X shirt, 2nd gets 30%. Please bring U.S. currency to this event.

We typically get turnouts of 20-30 of Michigan's best for our events, and we are expecting an even bigger crowd to take part due to our increased prize pool. I look forwards to seeing you guys soon.
Detroit is not near Toronto enough to go to an internet cafe tournament...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
:0!

So yeah, kick *** **** from the sauga boys in Caketown. Keep it up.

I just wanted to write up to Dro here. *ahem* yeah Gamerz is like, ****ed. The no GED thing reaallly ****ed things up for us. If we get caught, possible suspension and all. Maybe we could play @ Jamal's right after school, or something :]

I'm available for Friday to play in sauga, we also need to record some matches :].

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
:0!

So yeah, kick *** **** from the sauga boys in Caketown. Keep it up.

I just wanted to write up to Dro here. *ahem* yeah Gamerz is like, ****ed. The no GED thing reaallly ****ed things up for us. If we get caught, possible suspension and all. Maybe we could play @ Jamal's right after school, or something :]

I'm available for Friday to play in sauga, we also need to record some matches :].

Actually Adnan, I can probably skip 4th period on Friday if I work my *** off to finish this CPT. Then again, I can probably skip the whole day since it's like, the last day of school and all. ;D

Who else is coming?

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Yea this cybr kid says he's gonna come on with a new account (or his Mojo Jojo account) and try and say that he did none of this to go to your tournaments. I'll be able to point out his account (F8AL and Cure also can) he also says he's going to the transcanada tournament. Wow thats gonna be a fun ny tourney when everyone wants to fight him!

C

Cyber

I am framed!

A barrel roll?

Lol tom green 4chan raid FTW
Some jerk at my school has decided it would be funny if he tried to get me hated by everyone in the smashing community by pretending to be me. This is Toxn who is pretending to be Cybr Smash. I have never expressed an interest to him about going any smashing tourny. I hope everyone will realize that this was just some stupid hoax.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Yea nice lie buddy. Made another account? Good Job. Wheres your proof? Theres 4 people against you that all saw you doing it and can account for all of what I said is true.

He's not being framed, he's lieing. Im not cyber smash. It's not a stupid hoax he's lieing. Check the IP's.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
LOL he's watches over my shoulder and Is about to post again. Me,f8al tron and bias (does not post here) ,and cure all against your word. Your lieing and that's all there is too it. Check the IP's. YOu will see "Cyber" and "Cybr Smash" (or cyber, however it is spelt) is registered under the same IP address.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yea nice lie buddy. Made another account? Good Job. Wheres your proof? Theres 4 people against you that all saw you doing it and can account for all of what I said is true.

He's not being framed, he's lieing. Im not cyber smash. It's not a stupid hoax he's lieing.
He does many an excellent point there. I know ToXn pretty well and he wouldn't stoop that low to "frame" someone. :dizzy:

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
I know all I did was give a fair warning too you all. Why whould I give a warning to you guys and then make a fake account? That does not make sense. Hopefully you will all see he's trying to frame me. This is some kid who sits at home all day and has no freinds, trying to get me just because I banned him from my smashfests because of the reasons I told you guys.. You have all seen me and hopefully you have seen that I'm a nice guy and would not do that.

C

Cyber

I am Cyber - we are typing from a school library, so any account he uses here will have the same IP. Also, cyber smash says that he will pown anyone in Warhammer with his 'night elves'. There is no such army. It was a stupid post, and just because you got ur friends to pretend i said this crap doesn't mean its solid proof.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm well let's see? Cure is went to a tournament and so did I. You guys saw us we love playing smash even though I did poorly I never once said anything rude (Like cyber would). Why I risk my reputation in the smash community to frame some immature child? Why would cure who obviously loves the game (we both could not stop talking about the tourney after we left) risk his reputation. Why would F8AL (who loves the forums, and is going to come to a tourney soon) risk his reputation? Wow Just leave go play your warhammer.

And why after you posted that message, does that night elf message has been eddited today. Nice try.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm well let's see? Cure is went to a tournament and so did I. You guys saw us we love playing smash even though I did poorly I never once said anything rude (Like cyber would). Why I risk my reputation in the smash community to frame some immature child? Why would cure who obviously loves the game (we both could not stop talking about the tourney after we left) risk his reputation. Why would F8AL (who loves the forums, and is going to come to a tourney soon) risk his reputation? Wow Just leave go play your warhammer.

And why after you posted that message, does that night elf message has been eddited today. Nice try.
I'd like to took this moment to congraduate Cure on his awesome 7th place finish and ToXn for his pretty good 29th place finish. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see how you guys do in the Seasons tournament!

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
hey can anybody point me towards the canada power rankings? and is there like a ontario power rankings?

Also:

We all use our school IP so he thinks that they will check it see that my account used the same as "cybr smash" because were on the same school network and I will get banned. I talked to a mod and hopefully this will get sorted out.

This is nothing new, he tried to get me cure and another guy all banned of smashwiki. Funny thing is he always leaves f8al out because he thinks f8al is his freind.

D

Deleted member

some thoughts

f8al, you've never been to a tournament yet you're a director

georgetown noobs: you're noobs

stop being dumb and take it to pms or msn

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
A private message from F8AL said:
he said that hes going to make his posts more ''believable" by "strengthening" them.
Only if cybr was lieing would he need too make his post's more believable.

And yes were n00bs delorted compared too you. And f8al ran a tournament at our school if that counts. <.<

I'll stop, but if he comes back saying stuff I will reply.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
some thoughts

f8al, you've never been to a tournament yet you're a director

georgetown noobs: you're noobs

stop being dumb and take it to pms or msn
I've been to a tournament inside my hometown and I've hosted one. I might host another one this summer through. >.>

:ohwell:

D

Deleted member

EVERYONE READ THIS POST CONCERNING THE TOURNAMENT IN MISSISAUGA ON THE 24th
Eydie, creator of the Mississauga Smash Facebook group has deleted several posts of mine exposing their shady business. Try to piece together.

Me said:
Why are you using pot money to pay for your own personal ventures? We'd gladly just bring our own TV's so the pot money remains untampered. I've hosted many many many tournaments and events that have all gone extremely well so I don't know what the **** you're talking about. Why are you paying yourselves for this? It doesn't take 8 people to run a tournament nor does it take 3. That's just bull****.

I'm sorry, your math does not add up here. Even if you bought all the things you were talking about, you're still going to have a lot of money left over.

BTW, you aren't hosting a professional tournament.

But you know what's funny, you fell for my mindgame Eydie.

I earlier posted saying that if 128 people came, that's a 3200 dollar pot, which about 900 of that would go to the Wii, DS, and rental fee. I said that the $2300 approximately left over should go to the pot, but Eydie posted saying it was all being eaten up by things. Things like 12 LCD Tvs they bought, 50 dollars for every tournament director, and other "expenditures"

There aren't going to be 128 people coming to this. There aren't going to be 50 people coming to this.

12 LCD Tv's works out to be about $1440.

Say you get *MAYBE* 40 people to come to this. That's only $1000 bucks pot money. (40 people x 25 dollars) I doubt that many will come. You've already told me you're taking $400 dollars from that to Tournament Directors, and you're going to pay a lot for the room. That leaves absolutely no room for the prizes you're giving, and no way in hell can you pay for the LCDs and furniture you "bought" for this tournament.

You're in the hole big time if your earlier post is correct. Which is why you're lying somewhere.

Don't go to this tournament. Go to Seasons of Smash.

Let's recap:

This tournament:

Bad prizes in comparison to pot
Terrible, noobass rulesets
Shady business going on with the directors
Entering means you're abetting that

Seasons of Smash is the better tournament. Go to that. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102307
There's a lot of money that isn't accounted for. Don't go to the Mississauga tournament if you don't want your money stolen. Please get the word out; boycott that ****.

efex

Smash Cadet
EVERYONE READ THIS POST CONCERNING THE TOURNAMENT IN MISSISAUGA ON THE 24th
Eydie, creator of the Mississauga Smash Facebook group has deleted several posts of mine exposing their shady business. Try to piece together.

There's a lot of money that isn't accounted for. Don't go to the Mississauga tournament if you don't want your money stolen. Please get the word out; boycott that ****.
i love you for your sexy math's(i leanred that **** from barney he made me learns 1+1=3....they bought furniture for smash ??? maby its those couches with the plastic so when your in an intense game you can pee on it and its easy to wash off later because i know how intense smash gets(pretty sure one of them **** themselfs playing the game when they saw a real player" i made a dooky on the couch cause he was haxing my *** with lightning mele"), i am pretty sure there preparing for stuff like that's and they cant afford lcd monitors themselfs so they have to say its for the event"GUYS I NEEDS THE NEW LCD LETS HOLD A SMASH TOURNAMENTS LOLOLOLOLOLOL THEYZ WILL NEVA KNOWZ" LE STUPIDSSE (i have good franch) i like how they want 400 bucks forthemselfs, how about you guys come to my tournament i might be holding soon i take out 50% of cashes to pay for my disco balls and fur coats cause i pimps gotta survive in this world, then i take anthor 25% to buy an kilo of fishscale that leaves you guys exactly 5% of total pots moneys, but then to leave the event you need to put your moneys in my pocket...i mean save deposit boxes. Oh everyone gets a free complementary peice of crack for entering the tournament because you made me riches,i mean successful tournaments !!
ok guyz so sign up nowz insted of that crooked missisauga tournament because i look betterz in a fur coats and all yall is player hata's

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Can't go to the Seasons of Smash, at least i know now. I'm entering a basketball tournament that morning, and then having a graduation party. Maybe next time. =(

D

Deleted member

No no, Seasons of Smash is the legitimate tournament, the playgrounds INC tournament is the scam

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Alright guys, something for everyone to put an input on.

T8.

My understanding was that last year they hosted Smash and it was horrible. Because the place was very 2D/arcade fighting game oriented. But this year they are hosting it @ York U. From what I've been told, as long as a game generates 16 people or more, they'll allow it to be hosted in their list of games. It's worth a try and we could use more smash action. T8 will be 2 weeks after TransCan.

What I'm doing here is just trying to get input and opinions of this, and maybe even some support too. Would you guys give the thumbs up and vote for SSBM?

If you do want to, register to the forums @ www.shoryuken.com and go to Tournament events. And just make a reply for supporting a ssbm tournament.

Top Bottom