• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

I.B

Smash Lord
Alright guys, something for everyone to put an input on.

T8.

My understanding was that last year they hosted Smash and it was horrible. Because the place was very 2D/arcade fighting game oriented. But this year they are hosting it @ York U. From what I've been told, as long as a game generates 16 people or more, they'll allow it to be hosted in their list of games. It's worth a try and we could use more smash action. T8 will be 2 weeks after TransCan.

What I'm doing here is just trying to get input and opinions of this, and maybe even some support too. Would you guys give the thumbs up and vote for SSBM?

If you do want to, register to the forums @ www.shoryuken.com and go to Tournament events. And just make a reply for supporting a ssbm tournament.
Thumbs up for this ****.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
You mean the other tourny? Why not? because it's a fraud and there taking money out of the pot. Didn't you read delorted's post? Oh and if that's not what you meant sorry lol. =)

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
XD @ Jarc. MAYBE IT WAS ON PURPOSE! :O

Anyway, Adnan, nothing's going down this Friday anymore, right?

When did you reschedule it to?

PS, we've got to record man. ^__^

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Why is Seasons of Smash on Quebec day (St-Jean, sti)? : (
Otherwise we woulda came, both to the toruney and on Noahs face. Chet, however, would've aimed for Jakes sister.

D: !!!

Well, we'll see you @ TransCan anyway :]]]

As far as T8 goes, I believe Nagata Lock II tried to PM Jake to reach out to him. Did he PM you, mista del? Cuz' he's all pissy about how we rejected him and ****. rofl. So it doesn't look good D:

btw, good **** @ Marco's

"lol marco.. falco. lol"

And yeah we're trying to do something about relocation and keep the date for Friday :].

D

Deleted member

Who is nagata lock? huh? I didn't get any pm...
who did we reject? ?_?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Who is nagata lock? huh? I didn't get any pm...
who did we reject? ?_?
Read this:

We ran into a complication with the Smash community. I left various PM's with people over at Smashboards and left messages on the forums (you can check for my name on there in a search, there's 1 or 2 posts). All of my attempts to reach the community were shunned. DarkDragon and I felt that while we would love to have the Smash community as part of the tournament, it's pretty insulting to make attempts at a co-operative effort and not even get a reply back. As such, we elected not to run Smash at T8.

D

Deleted member

What a fool. I didn't get any PM, and I didn't see or hear of anything remotely as an effort to search for Smash Buzz for T8.

He fails, tell him that

I'm the biggest poster from Toronto with a blue name so if I didn't get a PM then nobody important did

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
What a fool. I didn't get any PM, and I didn't see or hear of anything remotely as an effort to search for Smash Buzz for T8.

He fails, tell him that

I'm the biggest poster from Toronto with a blue name so if I didn't get a PM then nobody important did
Funny thing is, Andy actually gave you as refrence too. lol.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
The ice has parted,
the endings started,
the sky has turned to black.

A killing spree through eternity,
the devil stabs you in the back,
He's grabbing now you must escape somehow,
throwing is his leisure,
don't try to hide he'll make you subside,
as he exchanges pain for pleasure,

Pain for pleasure, he's the hunter you're the game,
Pain for pleasure, Popo is his name!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Big day tomorrow. I'll be up @ 8 tomorrow but I'll be leaving at 9:30 from square to make it to work, so if you guys want to, you guys can come with me and then like.. wait there for like.. iono for the tournament to start.

Sauga guys that are going, call me before 10 please (I would say 11 but sometime before that I'm in the subway to work). Iono how you're getting there, Andy. But if carpool room is available, please take Imadh and Dzenan with you. If possible, and if not I'll still help them anyway.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ok, so there's 95 pages and I don't have time to read them all, so if there's a CHEAP or free tourney coming up soon within the Missasauga or Brampton area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm me or email me aesthetic.x@hotmail.com .
Btw I'm not like...PRO or anything. I cant wavedash or waveshine...I'm not noob though. I'm skilled, I guess you could call me mediocre. So a tourney where I'm not against pros would be nice =) .

D.B

Smash Ace
Ok, so there's 95 pages and I don't have time to read them all, so if there's a CHEAP or free tourney coming up soon within the Missasauga or Brampton area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm me or email me aesthetic.x@hotmail.com .
Btw I'm not like...PRO or anything. I cant wavedash or waveshine...I'm not noob though. I'm skilled, I guess you could call me mediocre. So a tourney where I'm not against pros would be nice =) .
Sorry but I HIGHLY doubt that there's a free tournament or a cheap one, also the chances of pros not comming are slim to none. We do have smash fests every now and then though:ohwell:

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Define this....Smash Fest you speak of.
Is it just when a group of people gather together and smash with eachother for fun instead of competitively?

Nagata Lock II

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention a few days back that the Smash community was interested in joining up with the SRK community at the T8 event on July 13th. Due to what looks to be mis-communication a few months back, that didn't pan out. As such, we left out Smash from the tournament list.

After talking with my directors, we came to the agreement that it's in the best interest of both scenes to try and work something out wherein Smash is an integral part of T8. If the tournament leaders/directors of the Smash scene would be kind enough to send me a PM or even reply to this thread on how we can work together, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin Baisden
T8 Tournament Organizer

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention a few days back that the Smash community was interested in joining up with the SRK community at the T8 event on July 13th. Due to what looks to be mis-communication a few months back, that didn't pan out. As such, we left out Smash from the tournament list.

After talking with my directors, we came to the agreement that it's in the best interest of both scenes to try and work something out wherein Smash is an integral part of T8. If the tournament leaders/directors of the Smash scene would be kind enough to send me a PM or even reply to this thread on how we can work together, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin Baisden
T8 Tournament Organizer
I'm quite pleased that you and the GTASF squad are actually giving Smash a shot for T8 last second. I will do my best to help out but I maybe working this weekend, but expect me to spread the word. I might be working that Saturday and Sunday so unless you hold the smash event on the Friday I can't run it. But I can speak to others to help (Jake? Dan? even you Nate)

Like I said to you on SRK we got smashers that play other games so they might jump into the mix of other games on the side, who knows. I would love to help out in the organization of the tournament as in work out something like a date, time and talk about the setup. That I can do for sure for sure, but if it's run during Saturday or Sunday I might be a no show.

(BTW guys it's @ York U)

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Justin Baisden
T8 Tournament Organizer
I'm not going to be here for T8, but you should 100% definitely do it. I remember T7 was amazing when DA came down. I'm sure you could get a lot of help from many people on how to organize and what not, but trust me, it's an event you should for sure host. I know almost every smasher well enough to know that it's a pretty trust worthy group of people and it would be a good enough turn out.

I don't know what SRK means, but I've heard there are people who don't think Smash is a real fighter, and bringing Smash to those people would help in changing that

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Justin Baisden
T8 Tournament Organizer
Hello Justin,

in reply to your post i would be fully willing and available to coordinate in any way i can to ensure that smash is included at T8. I am fairly reknown in the smash toronto scene and look forward to any help i can put forward.

Use Splash Attack

Smash Cadet
Haha, I might as well post this in the Toronto Area thread, yano

But yeah, I dunno if you guys remember me, I've made it to about 4 or 5 tournies now
My name was: McD
but I decided to leave that name, cause it was just, to related to EVERY sort of McD . . . such as McDonalds...
but yeah, I know go as: USA-> Use Splash Attack
which relates to those good old Pokemon games, where you'd catch a freaking Magikarp, and hate it cause it has one useless move

Along with the fact that, when you get a pokeball in ssbm and Magikarp comes out, you feel the heartbreak.

Good Times

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
lmao, haha, that makes me feel better :p
but yeah, instead of Use Splash Attack... I'll try to make it USA (just for people when they type... cause its to **** long)
yano :)
Don't you use pichu or something?

I thought your name was pronounced "McDonalds" but people told me it was "Mk-Dees".

:( I was heartbroken.

Also, guise, can we haf a smashfest this week? I'm down with any day.

Use Splash Attack

Smash Cadet
Don't you use pichu or something?

I thought your name was pronounced "McDonalds" but people told me it was "Mk-Dees".

:( I was heartbroken.

Also, guise, can we haf a smashfest this week? I'm down with any day.
Yeah, I Main PICHU and MARIO!!!
to amazingly jokes characters :p
and yeah, it was McD as in (Mik-Dee)
and Im not a major fan of McDonalds (lies!)
so I decided to go with "USA"
especialy cause yano I was "Breaking peoples hearts"

Top Bottom