• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

game set

Smash Apprentice
kenvivor on tmo, really hope he win's cause he's the only reason i've bothered to watch. He wasn't even good last match but he's probly just warming up. Anyone wanna bet he four stock's those noobs? 1$

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
stos train me in the ways of link on sat, i've been practicing.

edit: who has pokemon cards? i found a mass stack in my closet and want to play.
sure i'll train you.

today against Bernard i learned a valuable lesson.

dont be greey. so it was my Link vs. Bernads Link and i jumped off to nair and i missed and he got the edge and just rolled. That CAUSED ME THE WHOLE MATCH. I LOST like wow wtf.
so thats one. Also ive been catching myself being greedy like when I was comboing Davids Kirby (this was summer tourney at Bernies) and i really wanted to End it so i Scrah'd and missed and i got gayed. Then theirs Afro_Chris. I went for Ledge hop waveland DJ Dair, so i got the Dair down but he Knee'd me so it traded and i lost te match. Basically dont be greey and dont try to be flashy. Quick/Simple Kills.

Anyways, Link vs. Fox the only way to win is Gimp & Edgeguard.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
You have to go for risky kills vs. Fox otherwise you're screwed>_> It's not like Link can keep up with Fox in terms of kills if they just fight normally.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
You have to go for risky kills vs. Fox otherwise you're screwed>_> It's not like Link can keep up with Fox in terms of kills if they just fight normally.
yeah.

i thought you were coming today.

Mike can you like help me get around Bernard Edgeguarding. its like impossible to escape.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
yeah.

i thought you were coming today.

Mike can you like help me get around Bernard Edgeguarding. its like impossible to escape.
Sick johns, I wanna be well for this weekend so I rested today. Good call too >_> Kinda threw up a bit over the course of the day. Also... Fox has the best edge guarding in the game vs. alot of characters (Link is 1 of them), you're screwed lol.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Sick johns, I wanna be well for this weekend so I rested today. Good call too >_> Kinda threw up a bit over the course of the day. Also... Fox has the best edge guarding in the game vs. alot of characters (Link is 1 of them), you're screwed lol.
ahh thats no johns, its much better to stay home if your sick so you get better faster.

anyways, i'll see you friday and saturday.

ironman match for sure.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
4x cleffa

4x professor oak
3x super energy removal
4x lass
2x item finder
3x maintenance
4x whatever tutors pokemon

some number of gust of wind

a bunch of energies

then add probably 3 squirtles, 2 wartortles, 3 blastoise (or 4x squirtle/blastoise) and 4x pokemon breeder. and some random stally pokemon that draws cards if you get a bad draw. maybe kangaskhan or something.

lass turn 1 with cleffa is pretty much gfg i don't think there's a deck that can recover from losing all their trainers on turn one while the opponent replenishes 7 cards unless you topdeck professor oak or some bull****.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
today was fun =) more people next time. and hopefully it won't be so cold then.
i dont think it was your house.

cause like when i left and began to walk to the bus stop i started to feel cold.

anyway gg man i'll see you at bernies.

and before we enter doubles we need to do loooooooots of doubles.

4Serial

Smash Lord
sure i'll train you.

dont be greey. so it was my Link vs. Bernads Link and i jumped off to nair and i missed and he got the edge and just rolled. That CAUSED ME THE WHOLE MATCH. I LOST like wow wtf.
so thats one. Also ive been catching myself being greedy like when I was comboing Davids Kirby (this was summer tourney at Bernies) and i really wanted to End it so i Scrah'd and missed and i got gayed. Then theirs Afro_Chris. I went for Ledge hop waveland DJ Dair, so i got the Dair down but he Knee'd me so it traded and i lost te match. Basically dont be greey and dont try to be flashy. Quick/Simple Kills.

but link mainers play link for the purpose of being flashy
you're nothing without your flashyness

it's like a magikarp without his splash
not as useful. or sexy

idea

Smash Master
^ and everyone has to do elaborate cheers when they bring pokemon out, and do really long-winded explanations of why pikachu just used quick attack, just like in the show =D

also let's kidnap a nurse and female police officer.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
but link mainers play link for the purpose of being flashy
you're nothing without your flashyness

it's like a magikarp without his splash
not as useful. or sexy
yes but being flashy means having punish time. Using your projetiles into crazy combo makes Link flashy.

"kyle lets go to LCBO"

lmfao

and remember the guy who jwalked twice XD

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i always wondered about that. how does that work? why doesn't ash just always tell his pokemon to not get hit <_<

yes but being flashy means having punish time. Using your projetiles into crazy combo makes Link flashy.

"kyle lets go to LCBO"

lmfao

"next time i'm gonna run you over"

Europhoria

Smash Lord
yeah, i always wondered about that. how does that work? why doesn't ash just always tell his pokemon to not get hit <_<
Cause he's a moron. He uses friggin 1st form starters. I'd be out hunting for a Dragonite, Garchomp and Salamence if I was him not using Squirtle.

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice

"kyle lets go to LCBO"

lmfao

Lmfao on the way back there was a white guy jwalking LOL

Bernard's like "Wow a white guy this time? At least be consistant"

4Serial

Smash Lord
he doesn't let them evolve because when people evolve, they somehow become jerks that won't love him anymore
just look at what happened to charmandar

you can be flashy and not have so much punish time <_< but link is so slow and silly and has landing lag, he'll have punish time even if you aren't flashy lol

on a side note, i'll be yelling out DODGE IT to my Link so he becomes broken

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sure i'll train you.

this.

only be greedy in bad matchups even if you lose you can just matchup john them anyways so lol on them.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Mike: I fell-off edge baired his link and went through his upb.

Then I quit the game and rolled around on Kyle's front lawn for a couple of hours.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i was playing mikey today with peach.

my nairs aren't as fast as xif's yet. but i'm working on it. fc nair --> grab would be so much better on sheik. sigh.

i kept failing nair oos when he'd dair my shield. i need more magical tech skill.

off to training mode lallalalaa

oh **** math test.

****ing ****nut.

Top Bottom