• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming Tournaments (MD/PA)

Twig

Smash Journeyman
The way to get better is for these players to play PROS and get their *** kicked. I spent years doing nothing but losing money before I won anything, and back when I first came into the scene $20 was pretty standard for entry fee. $5 was unheard of.
>_>

Bull****. $10 has almost always been the universal standard, $15 for larger scale ones.

"BACK WHEN I FIRST CAME ONTO THE SCENE" =p.

But $5 will never attract anyone OOS, make it $10....despite me not even going to tournaments and nobody new even knowing who I am. Lol @ Newb getting 4th again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Plank is 110% correct, the only way to get better is to get your *** kicked, so man up and lose, and learn from your mistakes.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I lost to him at Pound 4 pools haha
Also I think Plank was talking about 20 for both singles and doubles

Vist

Smash Champion
omfg krazyknux is actually twig's doppelganger or vice versa. If you both show up to the same event one day, the world might collapse.

and CCX good times

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't have anyone to Smash with, so I kind of didn't feel like stopping once I started playing. lol

Pretty sure my City Escape time is like sub 2:20. I will check in a second.

2:16.70 on Mission 1, but I've never really tried to get a world record. lol I remember seeing people do crazy things like glitching through the wall near the big loop on YouTube.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Do it a week later, imo. 21st is No Johns, so you won't be seeing any Tristate people. Plus, it's the first weekend of school for me, so that's no good either. See if the 28th is good for other people (Tristate, MD/VA). I'd like to make it down to this.

Do it a week later, imo. 21st is No Johns, so you won't be seeing any Tristate people. Plus, it's the first weekend of school for me, so that's no good either. See if the 28th is good for other people (Tristate, MD/VA). I'd like to make it down to this.
21st, I'm at No Johns
28th, I'll be at college

Bones0

Smash Legend
If No Johns is the 21st, I'll probably just go with the 28th.

OMG EPSILON WILL MISS A GRAPHIX TOURNEY! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! @_@

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Maybe we should throw around some dates. Basically anytime after the 21st is good for me lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Guess I'm really not doing anything on the 35th of August ... ~_~
Perhaps we should begin our Shell Shocked monthlies in early September, kick off that school year with some Smash, no?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Guess I'm really not doing anything on the 35th of August ... ~_~
Perhaps we should begin our Shell Shocked monthlies in early September, kick off that school year with some Smash, no?
Plank has a series of *Pound* biweeklies in the works; so far CP is top candidate as a venue. We might not need to host Shell Shocked tournaments if well run tournaments are already being organized on campus, in the *Pound* name, no less (out of state players, much?).

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Shellshocked tournaments were all day. I expect there to be tournaments every weekend in MD/the area around there. I might have tournaments in Morgantown this coming school year, which is real close to MD.

Top Bottom