• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming Tournaments (MD/PA)

Zelda/Kirby matchup seems like it would be ridiculously in favor of Zelda, but what do I know? All I know is it would be frustrating getting killed by toes at 50% on Dream Land.
Kirby has a weight of 70, it wouldn't die on DL64 from a toe at 50%. Pichu would.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It's called hyperbole. : |

Who plans on coming over after the tournament? If no one plans on staying the night, I'mma go see Inception. @_@

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Zelda/Kirby matchup seems like it would be ridiculously in favor of Zelda, but what do I know? All I know is it would be frustrating getting killed by toes at 50% on Dream Land.
Nothing frustrating about that. If I get caught by that move period, I deserve to die, since Kirby can just duck it on reaction.

It's called hyperbole. : |

Who plans on coming over after the tournament? If no one plans on staying the night, I'mma go see Inception. @_@
If I bring Edge or ephoenix, I won't be able to. If ephoenix is gay and Edge's parents are gay, I can easily do it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Who are Edge and ephoenix and why haven't they been to a GG yet if they are near you? Is ephoenix = SypherPhoenix?

And everyone who's anyone likes pancakes with syrup.

And I just bought a GameCube w/ memory card and Wavebird off of a 9-year-old for $20 so we'll have one more setup. :D

Who are Edge and ephoenix and why haven't they been to a GG yet if they are near you? Is ephoenix = SypherPhoenix?
Edge is a 19 year old guy who has paranoid over-protective parents and the only place he's allowed to go to that's not his home is my house.

ephoenix is a lying guy who is not SypherPhoenix.

Sypher jokingly asked if I could carpool him to GG4 to mm you in SA2B. I can't tell how serious he is about it. I have this inability to realize when jokes are being said.

Vist

Smash Champion
is this even worth going to/is there going to be more than 15 ppl?
yea there will probably be enough ppl but it's not gonna be worth it for u b/c im winning this **** son omfg im taking all yalls monies yea thats right lol

ephoenix is a lazy nigger that can't wakeup until 4:00pm.
ephoenix is a lying nigger who is not SypherPhoenix.
seriously dude, i don't care if you're joking or not but STFU with that racist ****

Bones0

Smash Legend
Vist will destroy all racists beneath his fist.

(artists depiction of Vist getting pissed)

I'm making this my breakout tournament. I will beat Vist (in at least one game) in tournament! :O

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
zelda ***** all low tiers except pikachu and luigi (if u count luigi, but u shouldnt)

i will MM anyone with my zelda vs their low tier

zelda ***** all low tiers except pikachu and luigi (if u count luigi, but u shouldnt)

i will MM anyone with my zelda vs their low tier
$1? I'm not sure though. I haven't been on the top of my game at all lately. If I know I'm playing well tomorrow, I will play the mm.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Coming, bringing Winston Laijin and Voodoo, 3 TVs, 2 gamecubes, and a partridge in a pear tree ~_~
My controller is pretty beast by the way

CTL17

Smash Lord
Don't forget to give me JCaesar's controller. I'll remind again when I'm there, or if I forget, you remind me; ha.

We all want to see him there, and I'll make sure we end up on opposite sides of the bracket.

Depending on how much money we can raise, we'll bring Shiz and possibly his brothers to APEX2010 in New Jersey.

The tournament is soon, probably 4 weeks from now, and buying a plane ticket would be damaging to their financial situation.

SO! Since I know how to do naaaaaaasteee deals on Kayak.com and how to find good tickets, I will take the job of collecting DONATIONS from Smashers of both Melee and Brawl at WATO11.

Shiz, SpeedN, and SmashMac w/ photographer Amber @ NOOB1

I will be writing and documenting the names of each person who donates, and exactly how much they gave. If for any reason there is not enough money to get Shiz to the tournament, I will quickly give back all donations that were initially given.

I start the fund today, by putting $10 of my own into the fund. Tickets are around $230 round for each person, so we need to make sure everyone puts in at least a few bucks, maybe $5.

If you choose to make a larger donation, I WILL (at some point) grab the microphone at Apex2010, and announce ALL of the names of the people who donated, from least to most.
If you choose to stay anonymous, that is completely understood.

I WANT SHIZ to go as much as anyone, so this fund should at least make some help to the cause.

Come to WATO10 to Donate @ Next Level Lan July 17th and 18th!

Or you can just contact me @ 407-488-0510

let's do this.

I know this guy will.

The infamous YummynBeefy
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279753

If anyone wants to see DaShizWiz at Apex, you will/may need to see this thread.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahaha. ill be here with newb.....

we prob wont get there til like 1:15-1:30. BONES WAIT FOR US PL0X

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm also getting here sometime between 1 and 2 probably, which is later than I figured. I might be too late for doubles, if so someone team with Laijin!

work is gaaaaaaay

Bones0

Smash Legend
Next time I will just have a poll for the entry fees because I honestly can't win with you people. :|

Plank and Vist: Keep me updated about what you guys are doing with texts (443-823-4922. I have no problem delaying for a while because I haven't had any issues finishing on time yet. I'm figuring if the latest I can start doubles is 2, we will probably finish by 4ish at the latest, and that still leaves 4 hours for singles so time-wise we should be fine. If it's easier for everyone, I can do the next one from 12-9 instead of 11-8.

And OMG the P:M vid made me hyped. I want to PLAY SONIC *****! @_@

Bones0

Smash Legend
That was an intentional grammar error. It serves as a metaphor to show that while Project M is not any other Brawl hack, it still has a good amount of work left before it will be on par with Melee's impeccable natural flow.

And idc, I'd rather have people telling me they are unhappy with the entry fee than just deciding not to go. This is only the fourth tournament I've ever hosted, and sixth I've ever been to after all. lol I still have a lot to learn about TOing efficiently. (Like I learned last time it is a hassle to have a single registration sheet for Singles and Doubles. This time I have one for each so if someone isn't sure if they are going to do Singles it's not a big deal. :D)

That was an intentional grammar error. It serves as a metaphor to show that while Project M is not any other Brawl hack, it still has a good amount of work left before it will be on par with Melee's impeccable natural flow.
So poetic.

Make entry fee $5. I'll explain why now (I was busy driving my brother to a bar).

First of all, the $10 entry would probably benefit me the most since I'll have well known players playing on my setup. It just gets more youtube subscribers and with more players out there subscribed, the more I/we can put MD/VA back on everyone's map. Having more top level players from outside our region could also help improve our region when they play us.

However, if the entry fee is lowered to $5, I think we can get more players from our region to play. I think what our community needs right now as a whole is just more new players. New inexperienced players don't want to pay $10 to place tied for dead last. They'd much rather pay only $5 to place dead last.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Just explain why now. >_>

I really think I'll just do a poll because that's the most fair way of deciding, and will get the highest turnout. Unfortunately, the next one won't be until August unless you guys want to do something on Friday or Sunday.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So poetic.

Make entry fee $5. I'll explain why now (I was busy driving my brother to a bar).

First of all, the $10 entry would probably benefit me the most since I'll have well known players playing on my setup. It just gets more youtube subscribers and with more players out there subscribed, the more I/we can put MD/VA back on everyone's map. Having more top level players from outside our region could also help improve our region when they play us.

However, if the entry fee is lowered to $5, I think we can get more players from our region to play. I think what our community needs right now as a whole is just more new players. New inexperienced players don't want to pay $10 to place tied for dead last. They'd much rather pay only $5 to place dead last.
Yeah, but what's it matter if the community is just a bunch of new players playing nobody really experienced or pro?

The way to get better is for these players to play PROS and get their *** kicked. I spent years doing nothing but losing money before I won anything, and back when I first came into the scene $20 was pretty standard for entry fee. $5 was unheard of.

Even MORESO because we have such a lack of tournaments, the ones we do have should be taken seriously. I think any tournament that is only once a month should be $10, the only acceptable $5 tournaments are bi-weeklies.

Oh and not to mention when the venue fee is 3 dollars more than the entry fee, that makes me pretty sour.

I don't really mind what is done, but I think it's for the best interest of the community to have a little bit of higher entry fees. I won singles and teams today and made $55. After entrance+venue fees that is only $38. After gas that is only $25. Now I'm not really in it for the money, but as you can see, that is very likely to discourage OOS players to come, especially when your venue is not in a very central location to most smashers.

/2cents

also, ggs all

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Looking forward to ones in late August and onwards. I really hope I can make a few of these during the school year (and bring along husband, dr. grip, chip, and possibly byped).

I say make the entry $10. If you can bring in more players (and especially if you can lower the venue fee because of that) that's what you should be aiming for. Really, $10 is not that much at all. I think the bigger these get, the more players will be interested in attending and improving.

And Plank's right, I think biweeklies and small tournaments like that get new players involved and improving and those should be $5. Then once-a-month tournies with larger turnouts bring in hype and the drive to improve and perform and a chance to make some money. So whatever price will bring in more players (obviously $10) should be the price to go with.

Speaking of which, there should definitely be some MD biweeklies going on.

Top Bottom