• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Granny, 72, Having A Baby With Her Grandson

BBQTV

Smash Master
incest is pretty cool , cause maybe the /b/aby will /b/ /b/orn with superpowers

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
In defense of their relationship... the arguments used against their relationship are the same as anti-homesexual arguments, i.e it's not natural, it's wrong, it looks sick. So it's just going against what's culturally acceptable.
Yeah, but at least homosexuals aren't part of the same family.

At the same time, it's wrong because it's unusual and unacceptable. I feel extremely sorry for the kid. And why do they just have to announce their little affair to the world? :/
Paralleling with homosexuals again, it's "Gay Pride" to "Incest Pride."

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Basically the "wife" will be the great-grandmother and mother of the baby, while her "husband" is her grandson and will be the baby's father and...

This...is...beyond me.

-Terywj

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Why would the grandson agree with this? Why wouldn't he be going after women his own age? Jesus Christ.

I bet the grandfather is rolling over in his grave.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Its not just the fact that its unusual and disturbing that makes it wrong, but the fact that inbreeding increases the chance for a deformity or disability in her child.

In other words, her child is most likely going to be born with some sort of disability or deformity that will probably cause it to have problems in its life.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
That's disgusting. (I can't stop saing it).

Why are ppl leaving **** like "if she lives that long..."? You can say that about anyone. "My friend Ryan will soon graduate...if he lives long enough w/o an accident..."

Ppl have lived to around 100 b4 ya know.

mzink*

Smash Ace
All I can say is I kinda feel bad that the grandmother won't be alive for most of the kids life. Other than that I can't really judge, at least they are avoiding actual genetic incest by using the surrogate.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, you know, I really don't see the problem with this.

People who love each other want to have a baby and are taking the safe route considering the woman's age. I didn't know that looking down on incest was still so prevalent.
That's cute, but hilariously out of touch. You do realize that most of the UK still doesn't even allow same sex marriage? Same goes for the US. What would make you think incest suddenly became acceptable?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Its not just the fact that its unusual and disturbing that makes it wrong, but the fact that inbreeding increases the chance for a deformity or disability in her child.

In other words, her child is most likely going to be born with some sort of disability or deformity that will probably cause it to have problems in its life.
Quote from article:

Pearl Carter, 72, says she has never been happier after beginning an incestuous relationship with her 26-year-old grandchild Phil Bailey. The pensioner, from Indiana, US, is using her pension to pay a surrogate mother so they can have a child, reports New Zealand's New Idea magazine.

That's cute, but hilariously out of touch. You do realize that most of the UK still doesn't even allow same sex marriage? Same goes for the US. What would make you think incest suddenly became acceptable?
This. People aren't very accepting of stuff like this. Hell, some people still oppose interracial marriage.

TheSlip

Smash Cadet
Just imagine how that kid would be when he grows up.

That's what I always think about when I think incest.

How the hell would you tell your kid about it?
"Your dad had sex with his grandma and had you. You incest love child."

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Just imagine how that kid would be when he grows up.

That's what I always think about when I think incest.

How the hell would you tell your kid about it?
"Your dad had sex with his grandma and had you. You incest love child."
Easiest thing: you don't.

edit: unless you want to get in your son/daughter's pants, then it could be a nice segue.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
Some things in life do not need to be explained.
If there was any rhyme or reason for this crap, it would have been obvious.
****'s ****ed up...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
In defense of their relationship... the arguments used against their relationship are the same as anti-homesexual arguments, i.e it's not natural, it's wrong, it looks sick. So it's just going against what's culturally acceptable.

At the same time, it's wrong because it's unusual and unacceptable. I feel extremely sorry for the kid. And why do they just have to announce their little affair to the world? :/
That would be wrong my friend. People see this as unacceptable not because it is unusual as in the case with homosexuals (ok maybe just a little), but mostly because of all the consequences of having a child. Imagine a child who is mentally ******** or has a clubbed foot because of this relationship. That's selfish and mean in my opinion

global-wolf

Smash Champion
That would be wrong my friend. People see this as unacceptable not because it is unusual as in the case with homosexuals (ok maybe just a little), but mostly because of all the consequences of having a child. Imagine a child who is mentally ******** or has a clubbed foot because of this relationship. That's selfish and mean in my opinion
There isn't a greater chance of some deformity than with any other relationship. Incest only increases the chance of some deformity/mental problem because if the bloodline has a tendency for a problem, then there's a greater chance of that problem happening. In this case the mother is surrogate, not related at all to the dad.

The real problem is still because it's unusual, because the child will grow up being made fun of. People might shun the child or bully him. Plus he's gonna be motherless in no time. So yeah, it is selfish and mean.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah, you know, I really don't see the problem with this.

People who love each other want to have a baby and are taking the safe route considering the woman's age. I didn't know that looking down on incest was still so prevalent.
good god. I'm open minded enough to accept most of the crazy things that happen nowadays.

But this. This is just...wrong in so many ways.
Annnnnd the winner iiiiissss Victra.

I'm gonna go puke and laugh at the same time now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Guys, the child is not BIOLOGICALLY that of the grandmother.
If anything this makes it just as bad. The woman (i think it's safe to assume) has gone through menopause and thus can't get pregnant (which is just as well, increased risk of death for the mother and increased risk of birth defects for the child)

She wouldn't be able to adopt because (aside from the horrendous social stigmata the kid's going to have for most of his life) she's likely not going to be capable of looking after an infant, plus she's nearing the life expectancy rate. The kid could be motherless before he even gets to double digits.

So despite both nature and trained professionals saying it's a bad, horrible idea for the child, they're throwing money at someone to have one for them.

EDIT: And before someone says that "nature and trained professionals say no" could be used for gays having children, that's for completely different (and wrong) reasons.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If anything this makes it just as bad. The woman (i think it's safe to assume) has gone through menopause and thus can't get pregnant (which is just as well, increased risk of death for the mother and increased risk of birth defects for the child)

She wouldn't be able to adopt because (aside from the horrendous social stigmata the kid's going to have for most of his life) she's likely not going to be capable of looking after an infant, plus she's nearing the life expectancy rate. The kid could be motherless before he even gets to double digits.

So despite both nature and trained professionals saying it's a bad, horrible idea for the child, they're throwing money at someone to have one for them.

EDIT: And before someone says that "nature and trained professionals say no" could be used for gays having children, that's for completely different (and wrong) reasons.
Yeah, I wasn't using that as justification or anything.

This is just a terrible situation for the kid to be put in, no matter how he would be brought into the earth.

Some people these days.

Smash Master
It's not the parent's fault that the kid will have it rough.

All of these "society will see it as bad so they're selfish" arguments can be used to prevent interracial couples from having children as well, or hell even people with big ears shouldn't have kids according to this line of reasoning.

It's a bad argument.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Society sees it bad because of all the things that can go wrong with the kid. I don't think this can apply to inerracial couples or people with big ears.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Society sees it bad because of all the things that can go wrong with the kid. I don't think this can apply to inerracial couples or people with big ears.
Agreed.

There are always varying degrees; lumping "big ears" in with "incest" is hardly an accurate portrayal of what's going on.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wrong. Well, not technically.

You've been able to get Civil Unions in the UK for ages, and it has the exact same rights as marriage. Seriously the only difference is what it's called.

Smash Master
I can't find hard data, but I've heard the risk of genetic deformities only goes up 3% for incestuous relationships. (Could someone find some numbers? I already know the basic logic and theory with recessive genes and whatnot.)

Either way, you can always get a test and an abortion if the kid doesn't turn out right, so I still don't see a problem. Also, it's kind of a gray area. Who's to say that hemophilia is a serious problem, but being bad at math isn't?

I'm not convinced that these people are wrong to have a child together.

Edit: what if both the parents had amazing grip or something. Then they're setting the child up for a fantastic future as a jockey or whatever. Would some people still find this relationship objectionable? I think so.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
wow.... and looking at the political spectrum (don't ask, my teacher made us study that), they aren't that far to the right to begin with :p

EDIT: So you're saying that you should kill the kid if he comes out stupid? Have you ever SEEN a video of a fetus while its being aborted? It actually fends for its life in there... that wouldn't be right bro.

Also, being bad at math isn't a problem. If you're bad at math, it just means you have no aptitude with numbers. Take me, I'm horrible at math, but it isn't a problem as if you had a deformity (I have no idea what hemophilia is) and that would mean that the person has an aptitude for something else, like I'm more of an artistic type.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
wow.... and looking at the political spectrum (don't ask, my teacher made us study that), they aren't that far to the right to begin with :p
Nah not really. This is a good country to live in if you're Left.

Someone in the Conservatives went and slagged off our NHS on your Fox Tabloid and he was heavily critisised by everyone. Even David Cameron, his party leader who's up for election right now, critisised him and released big banners saying he wont make cuts to the NHS.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Just because it's different it's critisized.
I think that if this will make them happy, let them do it. It's their decision.

Top Bottom