• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Care to develop ?

@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush : Twitch is one of those characters I'd want to be good with but always end up feeding uncontrollably instead.
Also am I the only one still using the one crit rune strat ?
PS : it hurts my brain to see all those mana regen items on Kennen lol.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I had a friend spectating me during that match and he asked "how badly does it hurt to build all that mana regen?"
I told him very, but at least stuff like glory or mikeals give cdr mr or health regen from all the items that build into those things.

Twitch is hard to be good with in lane, he loses pretty much to supports only (and I guess caitlyn but lol I honestly haven't seen her in months). Junglers that pay attention to bot lane just makes it worse for him, his lane phase is crap so all you have to do is farm till bork and make plays bot lane if enemy support roaming mid or make a play mid yourself for a kill.
Once teamfights happen your 0/4 score will become 14/6 (lol yes I'm saying my previous game earlier was 0/4 lane phase cause thresh actually landing **** + shaco camping bot whenever we fought)

And I think you are one of the few that does crit chance still, ADC wise they just get IE and Shiv/PD and that's enough crit chance already. You need all the AD you can get, and even taking away one red mark hurts you against tanks in someway. It still irks me when I need to take points off warlord to have spell weaving and 4 points in attack speed.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Jungle Karthus tho.

I also get Magus on Jungle Rumble (obv using the coveted Rumble in the Jungle skin) but Im like the only person in the ****ing world who goes Jungle Rumble ever so yeah.
Fun fact: I played Rumble Jungle quite a bit early on. He is the only jungler I play other than Warwick and Volibear. He's a lot of fun. Main problem I had with him was getting counter-jungled pretty hard by meta junglers. His ganks are a lot of fun though. <3 Equalizer.

Only reason I don't play him more is because I rarely play jungle now, since one of the people I play with almost exclusively plays jungle since his CS is absolutely horrible.

:059:

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Speaking of Twitch hes practically my main, hes also my highest leveled in the new mastery system.

/no one cares

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I keep forgetting about the new champion mastery system. Huh, my top 3 are Thresh, Warwick, and Sona. I'm surprised Caitlyn wasn't in there. I kinda want to play Twitch more, since I like several of his skins. Kingpin Twitch and Pickpocket Twitch look nice.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm what's this new mastery system all about? Something designed to get me readdicted to the game? Will it tell me officially I'm the best Malzahar on Earth or will I still have to derive that from data chugging sources?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Data chugging sources still.
mastery system so far is just up to level 5 and shows that you 1. Play a lot of league and 2. play league a lot with just that one character.

They might expand on more levels in the future (I certainly hope so cause 5 is pitiful and can be done in like 20 wins for level 5, average league player plays like 5 games a day), but at the same time when they do add more levels hope they make the system more deep intricate.... and give us a ****ing bone and allow us to get a free skin for getting our miss fortune up to level 5000

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
mastery system so far is just up to level 5 and shows that you 1. Play a lot of league and 2. play league a lot with just that one character.

They might expand on more levels in the future (I certainly hope so cause 5 is pitiful and can be done in like 20 wins for level 5, average league player plays like 5 games a day), but at the same time when they do add more levels hope they make the system more deep intricate.... and give us a ****ing bone and allow us to get a free skin for getting our miss fortune up to level 5000
The thing that annoys me about the mastery system is that you get scored based on your individual performance.

So they were able to devise a performance formula for mastery points, but not for ranked, where it would genuinely important and make the ranked system a lot more fair than it is.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
mastery system so far is just up to level 5 and shows that you 1. Play a lot of league and 2. play league a lot with just that one character. They might expand on more levels in the future (I certainly hope so cause 5 is pitiful and can be done in like 20 wins for level 5, average league player plays like 5 games a day), but at the same time when they do add more levels hope they make the system more deep intricate.... and give us a ****ing bone and allow us to get a free skin for getting our miss fortune up to level 5000
It's really uncanny the time proximity that Chroma Skins came out either before or after the Mastery System. Implying that Chroma Skins was likely an idea that was originally tied into being a reward for using the Mastery System rather than being another attempt to get RP off users.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The thing that annoys me about the mastery system is that you get scored based on your individual performance.

So they were able to devise a performance formula for mastery points, but not for ranked, where it would genuinely important and make the ranked system a lot more fair than it is.
They already do, that score is just a copy paste from the formula they use to change your MR just with slight tweaks to show a letter instead of an MR change. Also, they give one for every game in the letter ranking system whereas the MR one takes into account like 4-5 games at once, like every 5 games it looks at your last 5 games and changes your MR based on that.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They already do, that score is just a copy paste from the formula they use to change your MR just with slight tweaks to show a letter instead of an MR change. Also, they give one for every game in the letter ranking system whereas the MR one takes into account like 4-5 games at once, like every 5 games it looks at your last 5 games and changes your MR based on that.
Aren't your mastery scores based on things like KDA though

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Diana mid is fun. Vi jung is fun. Jinx and Vayne are fun adcs. Thresh is a super fun supp.

Know what's not fun? Climbing to 30. I ended up taking a break from sheer burn out. Runes have definitely improved the game for me, but the matchmaking for normals is still silly. Plus the quality of most players is... Yeah.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's a damn grind these days for level 30 compared to S1-mid S3
Poor people that join league late or just don't wanna commit as much time as others into League.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Diana mid is fun. Vi jung is fun. Jinx and Vayne are fun adcs. Thresh is a super fun supp. Know what's not fun? Climbing to 30. I ended up taking a break from sheer burn out. Runes have definitely improved the game for me, but the matchmaking for normals is still silly. Plus the quality of most players is... Yeah.
Ranked isn't any better. Nothing stops an idiot from clicking on the Ranked button over clicking the Normal button.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Climbing to 30 sucks. I had to do it twice on two different servers, which doesn't even take into account my level 17 Oceania account. Getting IP to buy champions takes forever. If you don't play one or two games a day, with occasional bursts of several games in one day, it takes about 3 weeks or so to buy a 6300 champion. Just trying to get a good variety of champions to fill each role is a pain, which is why I've ignored buying mid champions for the most part. The only actual mid I own is Katarina.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Climbing to 30 sucks. I had to do it twice on two different servers, which doesn't even take into account my level 17 Oceania account. Getting IP to buy champions takes forever. If you don't play one or two games a day, with occasional bursts of several games in one day, it takes about 3 weeks or so to buy a 6300 champion. Just trying to get a good variety of champions to fill each role is a pain, which is why I've ignored buying mid champions for the most part. The only actual mid I own is Katarina. :059:
All the other 450 IP champions are really good.

Annie support. Ashe ADC. Garen top.

Master Yi/Nunu/Amumu/Warwick jungle.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Most of the 450 champions are also really, really boring and basic to play too. And it's also more of a case of "Here ae champions that are fun to play, and I play this game to have fun, and I'd like to be able to play as them" than a "I just want characters for lanes just for the sake of having characters for lanes."

If I relate it to Brawl, that would kinda be like someone wanting to main Sonic, but there being a requirement that takes at least a month to unlock him, and someone telling that person "That's not a problem. Just play Meta Knight instead. You already have him, and he's fast too, and he's a good character."

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Most of the 450 champions are also really, really boring and basic to play too. And it's also more of a case of "Here ae champions that are fun to play, and I play this game to have fun, and I'd like to be able to play as them" than a "I just want characters for lanes just for the sake of having characters for lanes." If I relate it to Brawl, that would kinda be like someone wanting to main Sonic, but there being a requirement that takes at least a month to unlock him, and someone telling that person "That's not a problem. Just play Meta Knight instead. You already have him, and he's fast too, and he's a good character." :059:
Is Warwick still your favorite jungler?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've been playing a lot of voli jungle. Tbh he's just a poor man's sion or reksai. He's so much fun but those two do all of his jobs better

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Climbing to 30 sucks. I had to do it twice on two different servers, which doesn't even take into account my level 17 Oceania account. Getting IP to buy champions takes forever. If you don't play one or two games a day, with occasional bursts of several games in one day, it takes about 3 weeks or so to buy a 6300 champion. Just trying to get a good variety of champions to fill each role is a pain, which is why I've ignored buying mid champions for the most part. The only actual mid I own is Katarina.

The party ip weekend and two boosts let me get enough ip for most of two rune pages and like 3 6300 champs. It felt nice, lol.

But yeah, the climb to 30 really sucks.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Most of the 450 champions are also really, really boring and basic to play too. And it's also more of a case of "Here ae champions that are fun to play, and I play this game to have fun, and I'd like to be able to play as them" than a "I just want characters for lanes just for the sake of having characters for lanes." If I relate it to Brawl, that would kinda be like someone wanting to main Sonic, but there being a requirement that takes at least a month to unlock him, and someone telling that person "That's not a problem. Just play Meta Knight instead. You already have him, and he's fast too, and he's a good character." :059:
I disagree with this. I find many of the 450 champions to have kits or features that you see in other champions so actually getting very good at all of them in all roles allows you a good starting point on many of the newer champions since IP cost tends to have a strong correlation with champion release date more so than "ease" and difficulty of play. I personally find the cheaper champions to be as fun, if not more so than the more expensive champions especially with many of them getting their kits reworked.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I disagree with this. I find many of the 450 champions to have kits or features that you see in other champions so actually getting very good at all of them in all roles allows you a good starting point on many of the newer champions since IP cost tends to have a strong correlation with champion release date more so than "ease" and difficulty of play. I personally find the cheaper champions to be as fun, if not more so than the more expensive champions especially with many of them getting their kits reworked.
Older champions are more likely to get reworked because their kits are more one-dimensional and Riot is trying to move away from that.

I've been playing a lot of voli jungle. Tbh he's just a poor man's sion or reksai. He's so much fun but those two do all of his jobs better
Not really, they do different things. Voli does way more damage than either of them and is way more snowbally. Sion is just a brickwall and Reksai is more about the map presence. But a 3-0 Voli is way more scary than a 3-0 Rek or Sion.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The party ip weekend and two boosts let me get enough ip for most of two rune pages and like 3 6300 champs. It felt nice, lol.

But yeah, the climb to 30 really sucks.
Problem is I work retail, and work every Sunday, and that weekend I had to work on that Friday and Saturday as well, so I wasn't able to get much at all out of that :/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Buying XP boosters (better to be on per-day rather than per-win) saved me significant amounts of time getting an account to 30. The downside is that I use tier 3 runes on said account mostly because I had less IP at level 30 than a 30 would normally have.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ugg. I want to get my placement games in ranked out of the way, but I've been having some really horrible luck these past few games. Had one where we had a HORRIBLE jungler who wound up going around feeding every lane. Then I wound up in a game with that same jungler again, but to top it off, we had a troll on our team as well. Didn't even matter that I was 7/1/0 as Kog'maw when you have someone feeding a Talon who can then just dive in and one shot me every team fight. I swear I'm going to wind up in bronze because of stuff like this.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Ugg. I want to get my placement games in ranked out of the way, but I've been having some really horrible luck these past few games. Had one where we had a HORRIBLE jungler who wound up going around feeding every lane. Then I wound up in a game with that same jungler again, but to top it off, we had a troll on our team as well. Didn't even matter that I was 7/1/0 as Kog'maw when you have someone feeding a Talon who can then just dive in and one shot me every team fight. I swear I'm going to wind up in bronze because of stuff like this.

It's a pretty unfair system to be honest. Not just because of the fact that your placements are dependent on the ability of at least 40 other people if you don't duo (that's not including your opponents). Not just because of the feeders, afks and trolls. But because those games have so much more weight than any other games, so your overall luck is arbitrarily magnified by whatever luck you get in your provs. So if you're like me and had 7/10 games where you had afks/trolls/feeders, that means your luck was really bad because those games affect so much. I'm punished harder for having those bad games in my provs, rather than say, when I climb a division and have the grace period at 0 LP, or in a promo that I still end up winning.

You can't really say 'just carry through the bad luck'. You'll generally be placed in Silver elo for your provs, so if you're a Bronze-Gold level player, then you shouldn't expected to hard carry through bad luck in the elo that you deserve to be in. That's basically like telling a Diamond player 'if you deserve to be Diamond you should be able to carry 4v5s and games where your lanes have fed 3 kills each in Diamond'.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Older champions are more likely to get reworked because their kits are more one-dimensional and Riot is trying to move away from that.
I know. All the champions and their kits exist within the one dimension that is Runeterra.

Ugg. I want to get my placement games in ranked out of the way, but I've been having some really horrible luck these past few games. Had one where we had a HORRIBLE jungler who wound up going around feeding every lane. Then I wound up in a game with that same jungler again, but to top it off, we had a troll on our team as well. Didn't even matter that I was 7/1/0 as Kog'maw when you have someone feeding a Talon who can then just dive in and one shot me every team fight. I swear I'm going to wind up in bronze because of stuff like this. :059:
You should have dodged when you saw Orianna go top lane against a Sion or you should have picked an ADC that can self-peel for themselves. As Kog'Maw what are you going to do against a Sion + Volibear front line with follow-up from a Sona, Ashe, and Talon? Talon has so much lee way to wreck people in team fights with having a hard engage front line and three follow up stuns.

No one on your team bothered to buy a pink or had oracle despite him getting the most kills on the enemy team (in order to reveal him when he uses his ultimate). No one on your team bothered to buy Mercury Treads instead opting for mobility boots, sorc shoes, and battle greaves. Orianna and Blitz were the only ones who bought armor when the kill potential was all AD i.e. Talon, Sion, and Ashe.

The fact that you were dealing with a bad jungler from last game should have given you even more reason to have dodged the game. You can dodge your first ten promotional games with there likely being some passive -3 LP loss (which is nothing compared to actually losing a game which can be -15 ~ -20 LP) and no change to your match making rating.

You picked Kog'Maw with a really bad comp against an enemy team that had a really solid team fighting comp. The fact that you had the second highest amount of deaths on your team shows that your team couldn't peel for you and opted to run away. Yasuo fed, but someone should have told him to build bruiser so he wouldn't be useless because at that point he's not doing anything for the team with his current build since he obviously can't play to the meta so why bother, have him get tankier so he can last longer with his stupid play.

It's a pretty unfair system to be honest. Not just because of the fact that your placements are dependent on the ability of at least 40 other people if you don't duo (that's not including your opponents). Not just because of the feeders, afks and trolls. But because those games have so much more weight than any other games, so your overall luck is arbitrarily magnified by whatever luck you get in your provs. So if you're like me and had 7/10 games where you had afks/trolls/feeders, that means your luck was really bad because those games affect so much.

I'm punished harder for having those bad games in my provs, rather than say, when I climb a division and have the grace period at 0 LP, or in a promo that I still end up winning. You can't really say 'just carry through the bad luck'. You'll generally be placed in Silver elo for your provs, so if you're a Bronze-Gold level player, then you shouldn't expected to hard carry through bad luck in the elo that you deserve to be in. That's basically like telling a Diamond player 'if you deserve to be Diamond you should be able to carry 4v5s and games where your lanes have fed 3 kills each in Diamond'.
The system is fair because it's a system. It can't discriminate and intentionally put you with feeders. You may be placed with them in a bad spat of games, however everyone has an equal chance of an event like that occurring. It's precisely because those ten games matter the most that you should think about doing things like joining in a duo and by not taking advantage of that you indicate that you are not taking every measure possible in order to win. You play ranked casually, so you ultimately ended up with your main getting a casual rating. If you want to play Zed in mid-lane then you can guarantee a 100% chance of doing so by being the captain of a Team Builder game. Your match history indicates that you binge on ranked games playing several in one sitting, even if you end up losing three games in a row.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I know. All the champions and their kits exist within the one dimension that is Runeterra.

You should have dodged when you saw Orianna go top lane against a Sion or you should have picked an ADC that can self-peel for themselves. As Kog'Maw what are you going to do against a Sion + Volibear front line with follow-up from a Sona, Ashe, and Talon? Talon has so much lee way to wreck people in team fights with having a hard engage front line and three follow up stuns.

No one on your team bothered to buy a pink or had oracle despite him getting the most kills on the enemy team (in order to reveal him when he uses his ultimate). No one on your team bothered to buy Mercury Treads instead opting for mobility boots, sorc shoes, and battle greaves. Orianna and Blitz were the only ones who bought armor when the kill potential was all AD i.e. Talon, Sion, and Ashe.

The fact that you were dealing with a bad jungler from last game should have given you even more reason to have dodged the game. You can dodge your first ten promotional games with there likely being some passive -3 LP loss (which is nothing compared to actually losing a game which can be -15 ~ -20 LP) and no change to your match making rating.

You picked Kog'Maw with a really bad comp against an enemy team that had a really solid team fighting comp. The fact that you had the second highest amount of deaths on your team shows that your team couldn't peel for you and opted to run away. Yasuo fed, but someone should have told him to build bruiser so he wouldn't be useless because at that point he's not doing anything for the team with his current build since he obviously can't play to the meta so why bother, have him get tankier so he can last longer with his stupid play.

The system is fair because it's a system. It can't discriminate and intentionally put you with feeders. You may be placed with them in a bad spat of games, however everyone has an equal chance of an event like that occurring. It's precisely because those ten games matter the most that you should think about doing things like joining in a duo and by not taking advantage of that you indicate that you are not taking every measure possible in order to win. You play ranked casually, so you ultimately ended up with your main getting a casual rating. If you want to play Zed in mid-lane then you can guarantee a 100% chance of doing so by being the captain of a Team Builder game. Your match history indicates that you binge on ranked games playing several in one sitting, even if you end up losing three games in a row.

Actually the game does 'discriminate' by teaming people on winning streaks with people on losing ones.

Team builder on my server is literally like half an hour nowadays.

I did duo for my provs on my Bronze account with a Gold. That's how bad our luck was. To give you an example, we had an ADC afk at level 3 when we were already ahead because the supp accidentally took the kill in a tight fight. Stuff like that happened in 7 of the games.

I also duod with the same Gold on my Silver account and got Silver because our luck was better.

50% probability doesn't matter. When you have an 11 game streak where every single game had hard feeders or AFKs, that's not fair. Just because it has a supposedly low probability of occurring doesn't mean it's fair on the person. It's not like I'll now get 11 games of really strong teams to balance it out.

Corsola

Smash Rookie
I still keep up with the League reddit and videos on youtube but I can't play it anymore because my trackpad is basically broke. I'd play it if I was desperate to with a mouse (even though it'd be a super awkward transition with the position I play in), but I'm still burnt out from playing too. I always duo queue'd with my friend and I stopped when we were silver 1. 2 months later and he's gold 1 92 lp.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I thought dodging counted as a loss.

Also, you're saying that I picked Kog'maw into that team. I was first pick. The only member I saw on the enemy team was Sona, who really didn't give me any trouble in lane at all. Yeah, she harassed well, but I harassed her right back every time she came in to.

As far as the Oriana pick goes, like I said, our Yasuo was a troll. In champ select, he asked for support. He waited until Oriana locked in, and then suddenly went Yasuo and called mid, and refused to budge on that.

You also said "Someone should have told Yasuo to build bruiser." Again, like I said, he was a troll. He refused to communicate with the team, went off on his own a lot, and a lot of times would purposely go into the enemy jungle, find the enemy team, and just stand there and let them kill him. Again, there's really not much you can do to with a game when you have someone who is purposely sabotaging the game.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yo is Rumble mid still legit, haven't played it since early season 3. He seems like he'd benefit a lot from mid because he's a good roamer, has manaless pushing, builds full AP anyway and he doesn't need blue. Only thing I'm concerned about is his laning against range.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I used to play rumble mid a lot, then there was some specific nerf that made it just not worth it, i forgot what happened tbh. Might have been an ult nerf, because I used to love rumble mid for the really strong roams bot lane.

Top Bottom