• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
#Soon

The LCS starts on the 22nd for EU so its gotta be before then at least lol.

Also, Rito gave me Blood Moon Thresh, and considering Thresh is my main support, Im happy with it.

Last edited:

JiNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hydro_jin
Aww yeah! I havent been playing league long, so i didnt think i would get a gift, but I was just rewarded Queen Ashe, one of my mains. Ive only bought 2 costumes so this is pretty epic for me. i also dont have any other ashe costumes. Thx riot

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Aww yeah! I havent been playing league long, so i didnt think i would get a gift, but I was just rewarded Queen Ashe, one of my mains. Ive only bought 2 costumes so this is pretty epic for me. i also dont have any other ashe costumes. Thx riot
It's okay to be into MILFs. I'm happy that you have a cover excuse now.

Annie: Queen Ashe, really? You like your broads in their 40s?
Ashe: No man. Just got the skin as part of the event.

[Next Game]

Annie: Queen Ashe skin again. That saggy ashe.
Ashe: Seriously man, this is the only skin I have of Ashe!
Annie: You're ADC pref and you picked Ashe again.
Ashe: Yeah she is my main ADC pick.
Annie: Dude it's fine if you're into that.
Ashe: No, I'm seriously not! I have two skins on other champs.
Annie: That are not Ashe...
Ashe: Yes!
Annie: And Ashe is one of your mains...
Ashe: Yes! Now you get it!

[Annie has muted Ashe for being in denial.]

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
He taught me how to do bush jukes like a pro, and totally invented how to solo dragon with nidalee a patch or 2 ago

I'll never forget how he helped me carry myself out of silver, Runnans+HP tank jungle TF was my savoir

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm actually getting sick reading these last few posts. :applejack:
I think people are sick of your constant toxicity. I swear every post you make is some unnecessary snarky remark. No one cares if you're sick of people's posts, if you think someone is stupid or if someone is dumb for building a champion in a certain way. Just don't read the thread if the content is that painful for you to see and you have nothing constructive to contribute.

On a more constructive note, why is it that people build RoA on mages like Articuno or Aladdin, but then build stuff like Athenes on other mages like Ziggs or Syndra?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You're the only one, Dre.
:applejack:

I read this thread in hopes that you stop posting. Maybe then I can listen to joe talk about Rengar again in peace.
Also, saying that no one cares, then immediately making a post directing to it is kinda silly. You clearly care.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dre it's all about range. Syndra and Ziggs have a way longer effective range than Malz or bird.
Ziggs can cast his whole spell roation from half the map away and Syndra has a very long range aoe stun to make her burst safe, while Anivia has an unreliably slow stun and her E needs her to be at gap closer range. Same for Malz except he doesn't have any hard CC to stop people when he wants to get close enough to E.

So yeah, Malz and Anivia need to soak a little bit of damage when they want to cast their full burst, especially Malz with his ult.

Speaking of which @ Shaya Shaya how do you get your last hits with E ? Is there a specific technique because I can't last hit with this character, the E proc either goes off too early or I manage to do it on one minion and then the next one is full hp and the E dies on it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Speaking of which @ Shaya Shaya how do you get your last hits with E ? Is there a specific technique because I can't last hit with this character, the E proc either goes off too early or I manage to do it on one minion and then the next one is full hp and the E dies on it.
It feels almost like a random game to game type of thing where the procs of my E will not be cohesive with the rate of minion damage so I miss every last hit. I'm not sure if that's what you mean or if you've even noticed such a thing, but it's annoying nevertheless.
Q melee creeps (or all 6 if you can safely be adjacent to the minion wave) if you have manaz.
Generally you safely AA creeps that aren't getting minion fire (and/or don't have E on them), then E low health creeps and AA at the same time to get the chain going.

Malzahar in lane is about controlling the health of every creep in the wave :D

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
u guys main sonic and diddy

just stop talking

:mad088:
Gotta talk fast.
That's two people who care Dre. You losin' this one boy.

Malzahar also loses to junglers. At least Ziggs and Syndra can get away from a gank. :applejack:

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

How's league been tho, been away for like almost 3 months I think.
Reksai still considered top 5? Why Kalista going BT/Runnan's instead of regular IE shiv route. Did Shaco get his rework yet?

Shaco is good guys I swear. Lucent Shaco and many other NA shaco's still repping him ;;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Kalista's kiting is insane with Runaan's, and Rek is still a *****. :applejack:

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
u guys main sonic and diddy

just stop talking

:mad088:
I main Diddy because I'm a huge DK fanboy. The original DKC is literally my favourite game of all time I only played it for the first time in 2012. Ask Aero. I decided to main Diddy before the game even came out and I play DK on the side (with customs, swaglord pink skin only).

So plz no judgerino

Dre it's all about range. Syndra and Ziggs have a way longer effective range than Malz or bird.
Ziggs can cast his whole spell roation from half the map away and Syndra has a very long range aoe stun to make her burst safe, while Anivia has an unreliably slow stun and her E needs her to be at gap closer range. Same for Malz except he doesn't have any hard CC to stop people when he wants to get close enough to E.

So yeah, Malz and Anivia need to soak a little bit of damage when they want to cast their full burst, especially Malz with his ult.
But I don't get what the tradeoff is for getting the extra tankiness from RoA. If it takes care of your mana needs like an Athenes does, why don't the long range casters just get RoA for the extra tankiness as well. Is the RoA mana signifcanttly worse than the mana regen from Athenes? Or is it the CDR that makes Athenes so appealing? Is it basically just a question of tankiness vs CDR.

Also Shaya how do you teamfight with Malz? Do you just AoE DPS from the backline and ult one of their tanks or do you try burst a carry?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The ROA and Athene's for Anivia is matchup dependent. Not too sure with malz but think he always wants ROA either way.

The idea behind ROA though is usually sustain and if they get it before the 12 minute mark, abuse the decent stats they'll get from it before it even hits midgame, not the health/mana but more of the big AP we get from it assuming u get itaround the 8-11 minute mark.
Though with preseason, think people go morello over athene's most of the time, so wouldn't be surprised if that was chosen for anivia now along with tear over ROA/athene's.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How's league been tho, been away for like almost 3 months I think.
Reksai still considered top 5? Why Kalista going BT/Runnan's instead of regular IE shiv route. Did Shaco get his rework yet?

Shaco is good guys I swear. Lucent Shaco and many other NA shaco's still repping him ;;
Rek is still top 5, she hasnt been nerfed yet (there hasnt been a patch since her release I believe). Kalista has the mobility of the gods with Runaans. No Shaco rework, but Ali visual update with new icons and stuff next patch and apparently the new Trist update is very close to being done, and it involves a new E with the same explosive damage passive, but also interacts with her W in some way now. Also Graves is best ADC.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Graves is probably the next adc to get nerfed.
Kalista has a bugged crit animation (I heard, haven't witnessed it myself because I haven't played her enough yet) and Ruunan helps her clear a whole wave with a single E. Also her passive indirectly scales with aspd, and BT is probably because of how low her range is.

It feels almost like a random game to game type of thing where the procs of my E will not be cohesive with the rate of minion damage so I miss every last hit. I'm not sure if that's what you mean or if you've even noticed such a thing, but it's annoying nevertheless.
That's totally what I was talking about except I have too much bad games compared to the good ones, so thanks for the advice.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive never had a problem last hitting with Malz, but its probably because Im one of those ******s who plays AD Malz.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ive never had a problem last hitting with Malz, but its probably because Im one of those ******s who plays AD Malz.
It's more like you AA + E proc at the same time (to try to get the last hits successfully) and the game will choose not to "honour" it during some games.
Malzahar should be no problem to last hit with, perfect CS on Malzahar is basically a constant thing lest random damage tick timing.

Malzahar team fight is... AoE Q as many people as possible and watch the enemy team lose.
Sometimes a Q on their backline into ulting their tank (so basically stunning an entire team for 2 to 3 seconds).
But it's all relative. You win fights with malzahar because your team should be able to wipe the floor with 2-4 enemies in a 3 second silence. Heck, that's why I'm confident in Malz being able to 2v5 and win.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
didnt know ppl went Ruunans and BT on kalista now, which one does she build first?
Just looked up top Kalista players, checked their game history, found the latest game that had a full build, and screenshotted the build order:

He won and went 12/6/11 and this is a Master Tier game, so yeah.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm sure this has been brought up before but has a definitive answer been given for the age old AD vs apen reds for AD casters?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Shaya how do you build Malz now that BoC has been nerfed?

I'm guessing you rush RoA but I dunno what to get after that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I haven't played at all this season, but between RoA and Rylais, Magic Pen stuff, maybe banshee's veil second item from time to time (if you're ahead, it's going to be significantly harder to beat a malzahar which requires two spells to break his ult, it saves him from being initiated on a lot of the time as well).

Iono, I may still build BoC if I played this season. Would have to test it out. Not in OCE atm to even play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom