• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm kinda curious about Olaf lately. He got buffed and his winrate increased but it's still kinda low. I've never actually played Olaf (new or old) outside of like a custom game so I don't really know how to play him. How are people successfully building new Olaf? Not pure tank like old Olaf?
Also I tried Shyvana top a bunch of times after her rework, and before it got popular, but it didn't feel particularly strong. She has good waveclear, tower killing, and dueling power (if your opponent is dumb enough to fight you) but I felt gimpy with her in teamfights. Apparently it's become more popular lately, and having success in high elos. I wonder what kinda builds and stuff they're using. I liked trolling with exhaust+barrier, made you stupid hard to dive or kill. Also I have the Ice Drake skin which is pretty sweet so I wanna use it more >:O

Anyone gotten mystery gifts they haven't mentioned yet? I got Woad Ashe, Firefox Ahri, and Dreadknight Nasus. I don't really play any of them except maybe Ashe.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Count/Vandal Vlad, Pharaoh Susan, and Blade Mistress Morgana. Two characters I don't use while I have blood lord vlad a friend gifted me forever ago, but I'll still use the other skins.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm kinda curious about Olaf lately. He got buffed and his winrate increased but it's still kinda low. I've never actually played Olaf (new or old) outside of like a custom game so I don't really know how to play him. How are people successfully building new Olaf? Not pure tank like old Olaf?
Also I tried Shyvana top a bunch of times after her rework, and before it got popular, but it didn't feel particularly strong. She has good waveclear, tower killing, and dueling power (if your opponent is dumb enough to fight you) but I felt gimpy with her in teamfights. Apparently it's become more popular lately, and having success in high elos. I wonder what kinda builds and stuff they're using. I liked trolling with exhaust+barrier, made you stupid hard to dive or kill. Also I have the Ice Drake skin which is pretty sweet so I wanna use it more >:O

Anyone gotten mystery gifts they haven't mentioned yet? I got Woad Ashe, Firefox Ahri, and Dreadknight Nasus. I don't really play any of them except maybe Ashe.
Even when Olaf was at his strongest point he had a very low winrate despite having like an 80% first ban/first pick status at professional play.
He's hard to play. Pretty high skill floor, and a very high skill ceiling.
He's been getting play in the NACL and ALCS since 3.13 went live. I've been seeing most typically 1 damage item + pure tank, but last night Quas stomped pretty hard as pure tank Olaf, but I think that was more a result of him being against a team with four physical damage dealers. At the end of the game he had ~400 armor, virtually unkillable, and at that point he was surviving enough to deal relevant damage regardless of his build. That said, in the other games I've seen from Quas and other players picking Olaf it's been Hydra and whatever tank items were most relevant for the opposing team.
You can play him as a splitpusher, or if your team has hard engage elsewhere you can go anticarry. For splitpushing I've been seeing Sunfire + Hydra. He has insane dueling potential because his steroids are kind of silly. Not even counting the Spirit Visage effect of his W he's getting like 3k worth of stats at max rank. His ult trades 1.2k in defensive stats for 3.2k worth in AD. Over 6k virtual gold in fighting stats... not even taking into account what he can get from his passive + the Spirit Visage effect from W. He's definitely one of those characters that kind of demands you send two champs if you really want to stop him from splitpushing.
If you're going to be scrapping and teamfighting with your team then over Sunfire you definitely go for Randuins.
Spirit Visage is obviously the best MR item for him. Aside from being the best MR item in the game anyways, its synergy with Hydra + his W can get pretty silly. Yesterday I facechecked into a 3v1, my friends on Skype immediately started to curse me out a little for the throw... until I took out two of them. I was at ~15% health and just not going down. I ulted through the first Nasus Wither, but unfortunately it was the second Wither that finally got me :(
Luxury items would be stuff like Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malmortius, etc.
I've been 6 item Olaf in a few of my games since the buffs, and he scales way harder into lategame than old Olaf did. I had E doing over 400 damage when my ult was on, and that's up every couple seconds. Eat your heart out Darius.
The big difference compared to old Olaf though is that old Olaf did a looot more with nothing but pure tank items. It made him a lot less item dependent, and cheaper to build overall. It made old Olaf harder to shut down, which really showed as old Olaf was THE 2v1 champion because he could be behind in gold and still duel your carry until very late game when he finally started to fall off. He doesn't have that same level of early game strength, but he scales very well into the lategame now.

/big wall of text on one of my favorite champs in the game

Player-3

Smash Hero
o my post didnt go through wtf

diana is stll good she just sucks vs alot of popular champions right now like renekton and jakes that can out sustain and beat her **** in at splitpush battles

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Also Zac is still strong as hell... IMO his slingshot alone will always make him better than almost any other tank. No one else can get you to the back line so easily while causing so much disruption, and AoE damage on all his spells + revive for towerdiving are added bonuses.

He doesn't benefit from Tiamat/Hydra like Lee/Jarvan do, but he can split push quite quickly and safely as well, and is very easy to keep alive even in lane.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Super strong gap closer/initiate/disruption is the same reason I feel Jarvan is so strong, that E > Q > R goes ridiculously far and is super fast.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Are we talking about mid or top Diana? I haven't tried her much top, but I feel like mana costs could make her suffer up there.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
JPAK I MET YOU LAST NIGHT LOL

btw guys use tryn if u wanna get freelo

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I have every champ, my mystery gifts were as follows: Longhorn Alistar, Full Machine Viktor, Hextech Sion, Naked Pantheon, Muse Sona.

The ones I gave: Blackfrost Anivia, Sinful Succelence Morgana, Infernal Mordekaiser, Warring Kingdoms J4, Battlecast Urgot.

I totally got gipped.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Next season I aim for Plat.

Played on the PBE a bit.

Executioner support item is the best of them all and bonkers, as Leona I out-farmed our jungler and mid-laner. Granted I was 2/0/9 but still, item gives so much gold every few seconds over the other two. Defiantly the best of the support items.

Kages and Pebble are good too, but man Executioner is defiantly the best of the bunch.

Sarix

Smash Ace
She's a fun and criminally underrated character. People complain about her base damage and ratios but they're pretty on par with other mages, she's just not a full burst mage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man Red, that new TMNT is just painful to watch.

Also, I own most of the champs too, Boofy.
On the plus side, it made me play the champs I got skins for, so I got a better understanding of those characters. :applejack:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I stopped playing Karma after the rework.
She used to be SO much fun for me, but I just can't get into her anymore.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man Red, that new TMNT is just painful to watch.
Nah it's fine.

~

Side note, been seeing people go Bruisers in bot lane as a support like Jarvan and company. Kinda worried with how Executioner being the best of the bunch they are gonna push out all the mage supports.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
cool, did you just start trying or was it lucky timing? i gave up a few days ago, oh well plat 1.
excited for preseason stuff :bee:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I decided to try it yesterday. Took two promos. I had a Tryn in my first promo's 3rd loss intentionally feed a Jax. Told him in all chat to wait by his turret, then Tryn walked into it and dies after Jax autos him.

He does it four more times.
:applejack:

Top Bottom