• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You taking cs, not warding, or going to 93 minutes?

Gotta be at least 1 of the three if you're getting deathcap as a support. You can't be rofl-stomping every game.
Nope none of those happen. I just get fast gold. And I don't even have gold runes. XD

@ Dphat. I am the best Sona. Get outta here.

Sona is still the best support. They had to nerf her 4 times in a row and she's still amazing.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I probably will only feel this way once.

5min in rumble feeds renek two kills then rqs.

I go top leaving my ad bot to 2v1.

We all do a decent job but reneks has snowballed too hard.

Team surrenders and I reach the perfect elo.

GG riot I'm done. :p 1337 elo too stronk

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yea but what's the harm in getting a 3rd gp5 item? Isn't it just more money over time for you?
Unless you're playing Soraka or MAYBE Taric, Kage's doesn't give you anything significant other than the gp5. It takes like 13 minutes for Kage's to break even if you sell it. You will be getting both Philo and HoG first, which means you're buying Kage's at like 10 minutes into the game. So basically, for 13 minutes during mid-game, you have a useless item instead of Aegis, Shurelya's, and wards. And even if you sell Kage's after 13 minutes, you're just breaking even, you're not making a profit.

teemo needs to be buffed
**** you

Falcinho

Smash Ace
You don't go for 3 gold items usually because
- you will be pretty squishy for a while unless you won bot lane hard
- at that time you could go for an oracle + some survivability
- if you get aegis early it benefits your team a lot more than getting it late game
- shurelias is really nice too if you dont need aegis

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Unless you're playing Soraka or MAYBE Taric, Kage's doesn't give you anything significant other than the gp5. It takes like 13 minutes for Kage's to break even if you sell it. You will be getting both Philo and HoG first, which means you're buying Kage's at like 10 minutes into the game. So basically, for 13 minutes during mid-game, you have a useless item instead of Aegis, Shurelya's, and wards. And even if you sell Kage's after 13 minutes, you're just breaking even, you're not making a profit.
Idk it didn't seem like that to me. I always feel like its giving me more money. Idk maybe cause I just always do good. Just waiting for Sona to get buffed backed up again. I guess dominating and being the best support for so long made Riot hate her.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I don't know why you're so upset, John Hamilton. With other people taking Lux you are free to play your best role, AD Carry.

:phone:
Dude my AD carry is legit you see all those triple kills with Vayne??? Get carried jpak

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

**** you
yea, see, your timings are all ****ed up. I feel fed as **** as a support if I have philo + hog by 10 minutes. If I were to have a Kage's too, I'm either KSing at every possible oppurtunity and I've lost my team the game or we're so fed that I could just start working on my trinity force for the lols.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You don't go for 3 gold items usually because
- you will be pretty squishy for a while unless you won bot lane hard
- at that time you could go for an oracle + some survivability
- if you get aegis early it benefits your team a lot more than getting it late game
- shurelias is really nice too if you dont need aegis
I'll try doing just Philo stone and HOG and see how it goes.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Mushrooms are way better than you give them credit for and Teemo's non-reliance on mana makes him much more dominant in lane. Not to mention that blind is super strong too. Kayle loses to gap closers pretty hard, whereas Teemo has a super strong disengage with blind + W.
I'm going to go ahead and say Mushroom is in the top 10 abilities in the game. Innate wards that slow and damage? Wheeeeeeeee.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nope none of those happen. I just get fast gold. And I don't even have gold runes. XD

@ Dphat. I am the best Sona. Get outta here.

Sona is still the best support. They had to nerf her 4 times in a row and she's still amazing.
That is literally impossible unless you have a ridiculous amount of kills/assists. I've run the numbers.

Okuser

Smash Ace
This just in:

there are INCREDIBLY, UNBELIEVABLY bad players that have their elos perpetually sustained at ~2000 by getting carried 50% of games. elo heaven man...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
They gave her E and ult more light...and altered the CD on her E so that it goes on cooldown the moment you put it out, not when it's popped. I think that was it. She probably, at this point, needs a complete rework.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
That is literally impossible unless you have a ridiculous amount of kills/assists. I've run the numbers.
I don't know what you want man. I get Rabadon's just fine with her with those 3 items.

I used to do just the 2 GP5 items but I thought 3 was better. I guess I'll see how 2 works out.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yea, see, your timings are all ****ed up. I feel fed as **** as a support if I have philo + hog by 10 minutes. If I were to have a Kage's too, I'm either KSing at every possible oppurtunity and I've lost my team the game or we're so fed that I could just start working on my trinity force for the lols.
Assume 18 gp10 (no seals). It costs 620 to get Philo stone from Faerie Charm, that's about 6 minutes to get Philo stone ignoring assists. HoG is 825 gold, your income is now 23 gp10, that's about another 6 minutes to get HoG. 12 minutes total, with no assists, gp10 seals, or CS. If your mid and jungle don't ward at all, then it could be quite a bit longer, yeah.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
They gave her E and ult more light...and altered the CD on her E so that it goes on cooldown the moment you put it out, not when it's popped. I think that was it. She probably, at this point, needs a complete rework.
Cooldown was increased by 1 second. She got indirect buffs though with the awesome Morello's and DFG reworks. Chalice is going to be good for her too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any champ can be used and beat people if you are better/get carried

I've seen Scarra go a day of using champs he will never use (like Lux) and win. It was so funny

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
am I the only person who pronounces kage's lucky pick like kage the warrior's name?
I assumed it was pronounced this way until I heard people from Riot say it the proper way.
Still pronounce it like Kage the Warrior though.

john!

Smash Hero
phreak pronounces everything wrong.

or at least, phreak pronouces everything differently from me

including... let me go through the list...
akali
alistar
cassiopeia
cho'gath
dr. mundo
gragas
irelia
janna
mordekaiser
morgana
nasus
nidalee