• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
armor/health yellows, mr/cdr blues, heath/hregen quints, mres reds (or pen reds if you do some damage)

no surprises here lol

actually you might want movespeed quints on singed and the like

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just played my first ranked game.

I was captain of team which surprised me since..it was my first ranked. Someone asked me to ban trynd, I ban GP and Amumu, akali and Xin get banned on other team.

Our team is my singed, an annie/mord/morgana/ashe vs Trynd/mundo/zil/brand/jax

Two of my teammates are crying about how we are going to lose and trynd is op etc etc before the game even starts, and the annie is telling me to build thornmail first which I just ignore. I'm thinking it's going to be horrible.

They were pretty bad but oh my god was the enemy team worse. We won in 23 minutes because I went 6/0/5 with singed and could pretty much 1v5 the enemy team lmao it was SOOOO much easier than my normal games.

I guess I was just surprised at how much easier it was than normal games.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

I was captain of team which surprised me since..it was my first ranked. Someone asked me to ban trynd, I ban GP and Amumu, akali and Xin get banned on other team.

Two of my teammates are crying about how we are going to lose and trynd is op etc etc before the game even starts, and the annie is telling me to build thornmail first which I just ignore. I'm thinking it's going to be horrible.

They were pretty bad but oh my god was the enemy team worse. We won in 23 minutes because I went 6/0/5 with singed and could pretty much 1v5 the enemy team lmao it was SOOOO much easier than my normal games.

I think you were Captain because it was your first game so your ELO isn't death.

On another note, I played my first Irelia game today and it was pretty fun. I was wondering do I rush sheen or phage first? I remember Chaox saying sheen a while ago but now his guide says phage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just wait till you get the bads on your team.

:phone:
You just need to carry harder.

If you aren't beating your enemy 'laner' soundly then it's either your character isn't the right choice (or if your jungler I guess the comp in general could be 'bad', but you should know more than one jungler anyway) or you're likely not ready to be much higher than you currently are.

It's frustrating to lose games that you felt you were in control of purely because of what you see as people who are 'undeniably terrible'... but... meh, try another one.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Damnit Riot. They gave me IP back for those three champs (and the right IP prices). Now I have to see if I can get them to fix their reversion.

It seems I wore out my luck after that free Warwick skin. This guy might actually check.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Even after Eve nerfs, she's still annoying as hell :|

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Leona rune page (or just an overall good tank runepage) please?
Movement speed quints / Health quints

Magic pen reds

armor yellows

MR/level blues

works for most ap tankys

she is a pure tank but being just a tank with not being a threat is bad :<

IMO

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just wait till you get the bads on your team.

:phone:
My team was as equally horrible as the other team. I feel like if I was on the other team I still would have won easily lol.

They banned xin??

And akali??
Yeah :/.

Damnit Riot. They gave me IP back for those three champs (and the right IP prices). Now I have to see if I can get them to fix their reversion.

It seems I wore out my luck after that free Warwick skin. This guy might actually check.
Lol I figured trying 450 champs wouldn't work.

Have I told you about my first ranked game? If not, I'll have to tell it next time we're skyping :)
Yeah you did and I'm not at all surprised you won anymore lmao.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Leona runes: MPen Marks, Flat Armour Seals, Mres/L Glyphs, HP/5 Quints. Marks as always can be anything (worst runes in the game) but I've tested a variety of different quints and I've had good success with HP/5 Quints. Xp Quints are also really good as her level 3 combo against level 2 enemies hurts quite a bit.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

I hate games like that.

Also;
My Leona page has all that standard stuff Jaz said except I have one MS Quint instead of HPQuint(HP/5 when I stop being lazy and buy more runes).
-DD

Frolossus

Smash Lord
from riot
"Hello Summoner,

I am transferring you to the correct team so we can better assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Game on,"
what do i do now?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
"Annie, the Dark Child (previously 1350 IP) will be permanently reduced to only 450 IP"

I literally JUST bought Annie at 1350 IP a day ago.

Edit: Also, I need some advice. Gonna' start trying to jungle. Amumu or Nunu?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
what CC can't be dodged with a well timed shaco ult?
Don't instant cast cc catch him? Like Ryze's snare?
I play heimer a lot.

15 wins -2 losses with him in solo queue. Only Solo top/ solo mid.

Got 416 cs a few games ago haha.

It's just hard to play him because team mates always whine if I have him selected. I never lose my lane. UNLESS against jax.

Jax is like a hard heimer counter man lol
Heimer's taken crap for not being the best mage out there, but he actually gives a lot of people problems in mid. If he got a ratio buff, or maybe even a lower late-game cooldown on his rockets or grenade then he could be really strong. His biggest weakness I've found so far is to early game ganks, like around the time he hits 5.
^I played trundle as a laner the first month he came out and always felt he was good at it. I think I posted about it before. Funny how junglers have become the go-to champions for the solo lane.

I know people disagreed last time I said this, but still think sona is OP in soloqueue. I tanked my elo a while ago due to poor Internet and horrible American servers. Took a break from ranked as a result. Sona got half my elo back in a massive playthrough yesterday :laugh:. Random disconnect in my team blocked me from the full 10 though.

I've won the majority of my Sona games. That passive is crazy good when used right, and she's just such a strong combination of benefits.

That's how my first games went too. It changes after the third though

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So my team has decided that of all roles I should be solo top. Solo top is the role I play the least, and I don't really have current meta heroes for it. We've had some success with me being Irelia top, but I was wondering what other heroes are good for top.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
rumblerumblerumble

seriously, he is an amazing top solo, few heroes can stand up to him.

q+w combo ensures constant pressure on your opponent, then when they get low enough, blow everything you have on them and instant kill

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Is nid any good? We have a really strong ad carry player, so a hero who can't contribute too much to team fights isn't that bad.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Zac You don't like wqqe? Why max w over q?

Starting vamp scep and going back after small camps?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So earlier in this thread Mogwai mentioned something about how "good" players can carry bad games. I dare someone, I -dare- them, to try to carry some of the **** games I've had to deal with today. How do you win when their akali goes godlike in the first 10 minutes because your fiddle jungler thinks that he can 1v1 akali (who has ignite) in her own creep wave.

I really want to see someone carry that ****.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac You don't like wqqe? Why max w over q?

Starting vamp scep and going back after small camps?
Wtf?

You don't need two points in Q that early. two in W gives you so much tasty armor, lifesteal, and spell vamp.

When did I say max w over q?

If you start vamp scep, you never have to go back.

If i dont counterjungle i go my golems > wraiths > wolves > blue > small camps > red > small camps > get wriggles

if you counterjungle take their double golems > wraiths, or start your wolves, their wraiths, their golems.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
fiddle jungler thinks that he can 1v1 akali (who has ignite) in her own creep wave.

I really want to see someone carry that ****.
I love it when that happens. Its like people really don't understand how snowball champions work.

Also,
I like how often Akali is mentioned these days. Give me more to quote.

-DD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Damnit... apparently the guy I got for customer support actually looked through my purchase history. Tried to pull one over on the guy and failed.

I'll probably try again next season... just to risk not getting banned.

Top Bottom