• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I love how Cho'Gath at least doesnt look like a Happy Meal's toy anymore.

And as a Naut/Sej main in the jungle (I dont main jungle but those 2 are my go to junglers), idk what I think about the 25 damage nerf on Naut's W. I mean, he needs that damage for his second and third round of clears. It doesnt really effect his first clear, especially since, tbh, Riptide is prob the better level 1 clear start with these changes, especially if he has a leash, but also because the shield doesnt last long enough for the damage to matter on the first clear and is basically just for the shield and the auto reset.

Its probably due to the new Cinder item making him clear too fast or something, but unless it speeds him up heavily, nerfing that damage will just make him clear slower and force him to rush it to even just clear at his former speed, meaning he cant Mobi rush for gank power, so tbh this change just makes him too linear and removes his jungling options more than it helps him.

Riptide buff is sweet, and Cinder is awesome for him as well, but even though the shield nerf doesnt fully counteract the buffs from a strength/stats standpoint, I feel like it will remove build path options for Naut and force him to do the same specific build/jungle path every early game, therefore making him predictable and even easier to counter jungle and counter gank than he already is, and due to this, I dont see him being played too much competitively. If they REALLY need to tone down the shield so he cant clear like a madman mid game, then instead of going from 40/55/70/85/100 to 15/30/45/60/75 and nerfing his early clear before he can get Cinder, do something like 35/45/55/65/75; nerf the scaling, not the base (or at least dont nerf the base THAT hard). That will still allow him to clear quickly enough pre Cinder, and give him the option to still be more flexible and reactive build/playstyle wise.

But maybe I dont know what Im talking about and am just talking out my ass, maybe its a bigger buff than I thought and none of this will be a problem, who knows, but idk, just felt like thinking out loud I guess.

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
just bring back HoG and let tank junglers get gold without having to worry about having blazing fast clear speed+ganks.
Takes nostalgia goggles off

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The new item is cool. It's nice to have scaling back.

The Naut changes on the other hand are ********.
You want tanks junglers to be able to clear the jungle slower than ADs/mages while being able to sustain, and with those changes Naut has to choose between having a terrible clear or a terrible sustain until he has cinder stone, AND even by then he'll have to use both W and E to clear which he can't do because they cost too much mana.

Also Z'z if you're using your W to AA reset on your first/second clear you're doing it wrong. You have to activate your W 5 sec before you start attacking the camp to lower its CD. And with AS marks and quints you can clear every camp and have decent sustain with W alone even without the blue buff.

I'll test this out on the PBE when I get home, but right now I'm not convinced at all by those changes, especially by the fact that only Naut should get nerfed while other tanks get buffed (lol@the voli buff rito that doesn't solve any of his problems)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
5 seconds on the CD really doesnt matter, you still get the shield up in time for each camps clear and you get the same amount of shielding in the end, plus auto resetting technically makes it slightly faster AND makes you take slightly less damage since you kill said camps slightly faster. Have tested it btw, resets > early shield, faster clear, less damage, etc. Only time early shield is more effective is when you get a big leash on Gromp so you get a double shield for blue or wolves.

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Cinder upgrades + righteous glory makes Skarner OP now.
Even more so.
I highly doubt he'll become anywhere near top tier, he still is completely and utterly destroyed by a single item and easily kited by almost any half assed marksman. Other tanks can do what he does better, especially with the new jungle item. I can only see him being a bit of a mid game cheese jungler while QSS still is non-existent because late game he turns into a peel bot with a weak stun on his passive.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Then pick a champ with knock ups, literally every new champ has one.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Someone hacked and sold my account, I recovered it and they seem to have gotten me to Gold Elo.

Thanks stranger!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Someone hacked and sold my account, I recovered it and they seem to have gotten me to Gold Elo. Thanks stranger!
It's hilarious because the same exact thing happened to my co-worker who got me into the game.

The sad part is that he insisted on playing ranked only when he previously had quit the game because of the toxicity and flaming he got in ranked. Unfortunately he plummeted the account to bronze before he could get the skin and rewards.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
5 seconds on the CD really doesnt matter, you still get the shield up in time for each camps clear and you get the same amount of shielding in the end, plus auto resetting technically makes it slightly faster AND makes you take slightly less damage since you kill said camps slightly faster. Have tested it btw, resets > early shield, faster clear, less damage, etc. Only time early shield is more effective is when you get a big leash on Gromp so you get a double shield for blue or wolves.
Yeah after testing I agree, my b :chillin:

And after testing the cinderhulk on the pbe it looks like maxing W is still the way to go. You can start W or E it doesn't really matter (unless there's a way to make E hit monsters 3 times then E is better), but maxing E instead of W means you trade your sustain for slighlty faster clears until you get hulk. Once you get the completed item you don't need anything but your W to clear.

Edit : after some more testing if you don't early shield when you get a leash your shield isn't up for the next buff.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
In an AP mid showdown why do people insist on using Ability Power over Magic Resist [Glyphs] ? Do they really think that they can "outplay" a level 6 point & click burst instead of hoping they have enough hp + resist to take it up the ass. If magic pen reds are meta, then having any resist should always be relevant given that penetration is % based and although it does scale in value based on the enemy having more dedication to put into resistance stats, it will never invalidate the effectiveness of the added value that magic resistance brings as a mix statistic in mitigating damage.

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
In an AP mid showdown why do people insist on using Ability Power over Magic Resist [Glyphs] ? Do they really think that they can "outplay" a level 6 point & click burst instead of hoping they have enough hp + resist to take it up the ***.
No, they plan to outscale in damage and avoid damage in general through clever play, for an example LeBlanc won't generally take damage during her combo cause its an instant kill.

I don't agree with it anyway, the normal rune pages vs AP/AD for me is;
VS AD: Hpen reds, armor/lvl yellows, ap/lvl blues and flat ap quints (Scaling armor because 90% of AD Assassins you see in the mid lane aren't dangerous until the point where scaling outscales flat)
VS AP: Hpen reds, flat hp yellows, flat mr blues and flat ap quints
VS Unknown: Hpen reds, scaling armor yellows, flat mr blues and flat ap quints

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
No, they plan to outscale in damage and avoid damage in general through clever play, for an example LeBlanc won't generally take damage during her combo cause its an instant kill. I don't agree with it anyway, the normal rune pages vs AP/AD for me is;
Ability power glyphs are the worst runes to choose in terms of "scaling" since all non-mobile champions gain additional magic resistance per level. Magic resistance scales way better than ability power because you are able to take additional harass while farming which correlates to being able to get more gold and also enables you to stay in lane longer allowing you to accrue more experience faster. I feel ability power only becomes a contested value with magic resistance when factoring in Void Staff or Sorc Shoes, however I feel that magic resistance glyphs are more effective and consistent at enabling you to farm safer and make those purchases sooner.

Clever play is largely limited in early laning phase and laning phase in general when we pretend lanes are a 1 v. 1 confrontation because they largely sum to someone hiding in a bush, burning flash, burning spells, burning ignite, and using some auto attacks to push the enemy towards being finished off by ignite. LeBlanc generally won't take damage, but if she has no MR at six and she's against a champion with a point and click mechanic or an AoE stun that can cover her points then she just has to make one bad play to be bursted down or to be within range of a flash initiation on the part of the enemy laner.

tl;dr I still think that people who play with AP blues against an AP, especially in mid lane are stupid and I get offended when I see it or even win lane against them because I think doing so is the equivalent of being an asshole to the rest of your team.

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Wrong on one thing, all non-mobile champions don't get Magic Resist per level, its based on ranged/melee with some exceptions like Shen and Singed because Visage was too strong on them. For an example look at all the immobile marksmen, the general rule is melee gets MR/lvl and ranged don't.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The concept reminds me of this video where Morello justifies removing DFG from the game and they use this footage as rationale:

"Annie can burn flash, burn ult, burn DFG, and burn Q/W to finish off Lucian alone split pushing. How is this fair?"

Jesus Christ. It wasn't even a Leblanc using her combo in the middle of a teamfight. They used an Annie in an unwarded bush waiting and burning down her full combo on a Lucian who is going out alone in the middle of the woods to justify removing DFG from the game. Maddening.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What voyboy said about it was that early trading in mid was limited early so AP ended up outscaling it in gank support and roams. I guess the implication is that passive farming laners are back in meta?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That and harassing and possibly missing just costs mana and if you hit, you push the lane cause minion aggro. If support/jungler gank, you're more prone to being killed by wanting to make trades.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
"During a scheduled practice with the current top ranked North American team SoloMid, the coaching staff had set up a specific team composition that they wanted to try ahead of their next fixtures. Piglet, thinking that the team composition wasn’t worth practicing, decided to deviate from the plan and locked in Urgot. At first his team thought it was a mistake and were set to redo the champion select phase. However the Korean player refused. Coaching staff intervened and called practice off for the day. When word got out the jungle drums that echo throughout the professional scene started to embellish the story, not that any additional fabrications were required in order to make it clear that the player was unequivocally in the wrong."

Daily Dot

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm a week and a half behind the rest of the world.

ADC Urgot is eternal.

Last edited:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
"During a scheduled practice with the current top ranked North American team SoloMid, the coaching staff had set up a specific team composition that they wanted to try ahead of their next fixtures. Piglet, thinking that the team composition wasn’t worth practicing, decided to deviate from the plan and locked in Urgot. At first his team thought it was a mistake and were set to redo the champion select phase. However the Korean player refused. Coaching staff intervened and called practice off for the day. When word got out the jungle drums that echo throughout the professional scene started to embellish the story, not that any additional fabrications were required in order to make it clear that the player was unequivocally in the wrong."

Daily Dot

http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2015/03/04/lcs-news-piglet-moved-to-starting-roster-for-week-7

Top Bottom