• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
dekar is the (2nd) best league player on this website and he plays stupid **** like soto rengar and somehow wins with that garbage and if somebody who plays with such ****TY ITEMS says a champ is bad the champ is BAD

also u dont outplay a zed ult as adc unless you have qss

you just die or the zed ****s it up lol he doesnt need to hit q to oneshot ur lil patootie
Well Voyboy thinks Fiora is good, and Doublelift said she's secret OP. They're probably better players than him, and have won lanes with unconventional picks so if they think Fiora is good she must be good.

Great logic m8 I r8 8/8

The Zed only '****s it up' if he misses his combo on a target that didn't try juke it at all. If Zed tries to do his combo immediately after landing on them and the target just dashed to the side that's outplaying him, because he mispredicted what the target did.

The fact that you're implaying it's heavily in Zed's favour just makes it more of an outplay when the target outsmarts him by making him mispredict their actions.

Last edited:

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
I love it when nobodies trash talk pro players who've remained in the scene for such a long time. Maybe it's just a bias to downplay anything Dre says. It's funny because his point was sufficient for rebutting P3's point.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Of course he's the worst ADC mars, the earth meta is so far behind even their wood division destroys our challengers.
It's funny how you keep implying that Fiora is only good at low elo, when she used to have a 58% winrate in Diamond. I don't know how you could even put that down to 'meta changes' when you didn't even know what period of time I was talking about. And saying that people didn't gank top as much in this period of time you don't even know is ridiculous seeing as top has been the most ganked/dived lane since I started playing in S3, and probably was before that too.

She's also currently in the top 5 for top lane win rates, at around 53% in Plat-Diamond Korean soloque.

This honestly just reminds me of when you tried to tell me that tank junglers weren't viable in soloque, despite the fact that most of them have won over half their games there, and some have better win rates than meta champions in high elo. Not only that, but Rammus went 2 from 2 in worlds, the latter game being in the final.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I love it when nobodies trash talk pro players who've remained in the scene for such a long time. Maybe it's just a bias to downplay anything Dre says. It's funny because his point was sufficient for rebutting P3's point.
Literally
Who?

Can this thread be locked, it's not even League of Legends general anymore. Just Debaters Hall General 2.
Keyboard warriors UNITE!

Does anyone even play the game seriously anymore outside of fun modes and being under Gold?

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
We lost the thread because we focused on Dre when he's not even the carry. Then we raged at each other resulting in us having no teamwork so Dre was able to all in us and destroy us with his Fiora topic. :c

We should have banned Fiora as a conversation topic.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
They should lock this thread along with the MLP Thread. The Dre virus has already crossed species and could potentially become pandemic.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Trick question. It's dre's alt.
Laughing. And I'm sorry for being bad at this game senpai. One day I'll get out of bronze and make something out of myself. Until then I just want to spam Lich Bane/Nashor's Tooth Soraka/Janna games in Nemesis Draft until the game mode goes away forever.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's funny how you keep implying that Fiora is only good at low elo, when she used to have a 58% winrate in Diamond. I don't know how you could even put that down to 'meta changes' when you didn't even know what period of time I was talking about. And saying that people didn't gank top as much in this period of time you don't even know is ridiculous seeing as top has been the most ganked/dived lane since I started playing in S3, and probably was before that too.

She's also currently in the top 5 for top lane win rates, at around 53% in Plat-Diamond Korean soloque.

This honestly just reminds me of when you tried to tell me that tank junglers weren't viable in soloque, despite the fact that most of them have won over half their games there, and some have better win rates than meta champions in high elo. Not only that, but Rammus went 2 from 2 in worlds, the latter game being in the final.
You know the other insanely aggravating thing about you, that you pretend that meta is irrelevant and if a champ is strong in this meta he should be strong in every other one! Which is why you constantly come back telling us "I knew months ago!!!!!!" Well no sh** sherlock, riot mainly nerfs and power shifts based on what other champions are good and what objectives are most important. If you predict far enough ahead eventually pretty much everything gets good.

I already explained that this is a meta that disadvantages gankable top laners particularly and it seems she has weaker MUs in lane as well. She was great in solo queue in the past.

I didn't say she's bad, but she's slightly above average now, but for entirely different reasons then you claim, because this never was about her being good or bad. Other people debated that. What I was saying was that she wasn't a lategame teamfighter that's weak in lane, she was a splitpusher and lane.

But again, you have no ability to maintain topic or perhaps are doing it on purpose. And you wonder why people get frustrated at you.

The irony is that mostly Dre's posts actually are LoL related but you guys spend so much time *****ing about him.
People get pissed at Dre because he's horrible to talk to, he literally pretends you're making an entirely different point or doesn't legitimately doesn't realize you're making a different point and it makes carrying on a conversation impossible.

What about that Andromeda meta?
Not sure yet, waiting to see them in universes.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
See you talk about how I ignore points, or twist them to suit me, but you flat out avoided responding to the fact that you were straight up wrong about tank junglers not being viable in high elo.

Please explain to me what has changed in the soloq top lane meta to advantage or disadvantage them. Soloq has always been 1v1 with ganks/dives when drag isn't for taking. The only things that changes in soloq are the popular champions.

And no, many things I was right about without any meta changes. It's just that people like you who don't know about anything outside of NA think that if NA picks up something, it's because of a recent meta change.

For example when I was ranting about Rumble just before he got popular at worlds, you tried to say it was a meta change. That was bull, because he had been a popular pick in Korea and China for two seasons before that (more so China).

When I raved about Jax a month before you got big you told me he didn't fit the meta. Nothing changed when he got popular, he had been played in EU and Chall series. He got popular because Zion wrecked with him and started forcing bans. He only stopped getting played when he got nerfed.

We've been over how you were flat out wrong about tank junglers.

When Azir came out, people were bagging him I said he'd be borderline OP. He then became pick/ban and had to get nerfed. People here then tried to deny saying he was bad.

You said Fiora isn't that successful, when she has one of the highest top lane winrates in high elo Korea, and has had for a long time. People here kept calling her a bronze stomper, but went quiet when I mentioned her high elo winrates.

Thing is, if I was wrong all these times about champs, and it was just meta champs, why did I keep predicting the right champs? Why is it that pretty much every champ that I have ever said should be played in the LCS, or would be good in solos, ends up getting played a month or two later, or has a high winrate in high elo soloq? The only one I was wrong about was Gnar. I thought he'd be too unreliable and wasn't good in lane, but apparently I was wrong.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What I said:

People get pissed at Dre because he's horrible to talk to, he literally pretends you're making an entirely different point or doesn't legitimately doesn't realize you're making a different point and it makes carrying on a conversation impossible.
What you said I said:

See you talk about how I ignore points, or twist them to suit me, but you flat out avoided responding to the fact that you were straight up wrong about tank junglers not being viable in high elo.

That's a lie, period. That was not my criticism of you, that had NOTHING to do with what I was talking about, and far from actually being a counterpoint it provides a perfect illustration of why you are so flat out terrible to talk to.

Honestly, I don't get it, why do you misrepresent what people say and respond as if people were talking about entirely different things then they were? Are you just not reading people's posts properly? Or do you have such an obsessive need to be right that when you're wrong you resort to lying about what people say in order to win?

Do you think that people don't notice when you do that? Or is a victory in your mind enough?

I could easily break down the issues with your full post, but that irrelevant because the main point which your post is supporting is dead in the water because you can't very well accuse me of hypocrisy when it wasn't what I said.

Still, I will make a general point, I don't cover all points you make because if i don't edit you can't follow the discussion, as illustrated above.

If you could actually demonstrate a willingness and ability to actually respond to what I'm saying in my posts CONSISTENTLY, then maybe I'd be willing to exchange walls with you, but you can't so I'll cover only what I feel will make the point I need to make as quickly and as efficently as possible.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Edit: original was overly harsh, still you can't expect people would want to talk to you when you misrepresent them so consistently

Last edited:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
this page reminds me when i debated with dre about gay marriage. i wonder if dre is more thought disordered than my psych patients xD

having played a bit more summoner's rift, i like the new changes overall. i think the inhibitor towers need to be a little weaker but otherwise, it's all good. the new meta has also destroyed all viability in my troll top lane picks.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Haha
this page reminds me when i debated with dre about gay marriage. i wonder if dre is more thought disordered than my psych patients xD

having played a bit more summoner's rift, i like the new changes overall. i think the inhibitor towers need to be a little weaker but otherwise, it's all good. the new meta has also destroyed all viability in my troll top lane picks.
Haha, don't be that mean, but ya, still I don't remember him being this difficult to talk to on the evolution discussions, he was merely stubborn, not actively pretending people were saying entirely different things then they were. It's just extremely odd.

Haha what troll picks did you lose?

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
i apologise, wasn't trying to be mean :x

Haha what troll picks did you lose?
It sounds terrible, but I have fun when I know my opponents are miserable and I like to play out of the meta (which contributes to their misery). I played top lane last season: tanky quinn, AD kennen, pure AP teemo, annie + mobi boots.

Annie is still viable, although less OP (simply because it's annie)
Teemo struggles because of how strong turtling is - you can reliably turtle to lategame in much more matches where teemo loses relevance
Quinn + AD kennen - currently popular top laners do well against them

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Don't get why people give supports in nemesis draft, seems like a poor strategy.
People are not accustomed to building AP/AS builds and tend to shoot themselves in the foot by building AP mid-centric builds on support and being limited by cooldowns which open themselves to being wrecked by AP/AS build support champions. AP-mid centric builds have the same similar flaws in securing objectives as Support oriented builds which is having low AS and ouput on AA resulting in wave clearance being a burden and multiple trips on securing the tower.

Because of this ignorance in playing the game outisde of the box, people get dominated in Nemesis Draft because their entire knowledge of itemization is basically what has been featured on a mobafire guide and nothing outside of that has even crossed their mind.

Even on SR, when I'm forced to play mid on rare occasion I usually picked up my point and click Annie and rush an Abyssal Scepter and win out in lane with the +MR, +AP, and -MR it gives to the enemy. I've seen my enemy laners continue to rush their Athene's as if to completely ignore that going down such a path doesn't directly address the issue of having an enemy laner with an early lead Abyssal. That or they build a Zhonya's for temporary invulnerability which again doesn't help them consistently lane or handle harass in lane. Because they are actually a mid-dedicated player, I would presume that the cheapest and quickest way to address me is to go for Sorc Shoes or Void Staff.

Unintentionally I essentially became the equivalent of an AD carry that game and was highly focused. Warwick ended up carrying the game with constant gank pressure and huge roams although it wasn't hard with the enemy team throwing the game repeatedly due to poor decisions across the board. Tristana rushed out her Statikk Shiv when she could have dominated lane by prioritizing AD and using her Q for AS when she wanted to harass me.

I made the mistake in itemizing both a Frozen Heart and a Rod of Ages, when I needed only one to be tanky enough to properly perform my role and should have used the other slot to build a Rabadon's and stack six items with an Elixir for even more damage. I wasn't aware of actually how much DPS I was getting out, when I looked at the post-score report I discovered that I had the highest damage to enemy champions retrospectively realizing that Gragas had gone with a full tank build and Thersh had gone with this hilarious all AS build that basically made him a chain swinging spazz.

Giving the enemy champion essentially all support champions is a horrible idea assuming the enemy team knows what they are doing individually and on a certain level collectively as a whole. However, the fact is that Nemesis Draft is amusing to me is because I can build anything that I believe will win me the game and my teammates won't rage because we're working with champions we supposedly don't know how to properly play in the first place. I essentially had to build Shen with a Ravenous Hydra because my team was playing Death Match in the jungle at all levels instead of farming like rational and sane people.

Had AP support tank runes and masteries up, but sold everything and went pure split push AD. It's either situations like that or ones where you're Janna and starting a wave at your base tower and being completely ignored by the enemy team because of the stipulation that you're Janna and can't do anything when in fact you've gone AP/AS and just split push all the towers in the lane uncontested. That or you build AP/AS on Soraka and have godly dueling potential with equinox, zoning potential with starcall, and turnarounds with utilizing Wish at the worst possible moment for the enemy team.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I had regressed into playing bot games frequently where I ultimately just did what I do in Nemesis Draft like playing Manamune Nami because why the **** would you not do it, it's a bot game. A lot of people have been interested in getting an Advanced Mode on bot games, Nemesis Draft is basically the closest thing to it based on how I treat the game mode.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Last time I tried nemisis draft I got Nunu

so I went top super split push nunu because the quality of play in alt game modes is so **** and they don't know how to ward/rotate properly.

Warmogs/sunfire/banner of command/New portal item thing/CDR boots. Blood boil on promoted minion cheese is still god tier

Its a silly game mode because people kinda really stink and think because its a jank game mode you can still just mess around and win. Like not getting sightstone, or giving the enemy team an actual lanes. Had to solo lane bot as elise vs taric/Ashe and just cried.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Last time I played Nemesis Draft I got Yorick, solo killed the Nautilus in lane, got a double kill when the evelynn tried to gank me, then proceeded to go into teamfights and 1v5.

Why do people even think Yorick is bad lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well if he wants to change the TOS to accomplish that he can, I'm just having trouble seeing a new TOS that won't ruin other functionality of the api and won't eliminate things like in client replays and spectate challengers.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Last time I played Nemesis Draft I got Yorick, solo killed the Nautilus in lane, got a double kill when the evelynn tried to gank me, then proceeded to go into teamfights and 1v5.

Why do people even think Yorick is bad lol.
idk, maybe because people don't play Naut top and Eve jungle ? Also like Softie said people enter this game mode thinking it's an aram or sth.

Top Bottom