• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Speaking of Quinn, Ive finally decided about a month ago, after playing Quinn since her release as a secondary/pocket adc, to switch her over to a main. While she is somewhat bad, I just love her Vault and her dueling potential too much so Ive been doing my best to work through her weaknesses. Then again though, bad characters are still at least viable in league.

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
quinn would be godlike if her E made her immune to cc while she was jumping so she doesnt get flipped stunned assblasted and anything else wwhen she gets in melee range of the dude

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wukong mid is so good IMO. Way better than top or jungle. With crystaline flask he has kill potential on like every standard mid laner pre6. Pretty good for carrying games too. I win top lane 80%-90% of the time as Rumble but can never translate it into a win whereas if I win mid as Wu I'll most likely carry the game as melee ADs are obnoxious if they're fed, even if they're casters.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
demoted off a 4v5, love this game sometimes.

the division system still remains the worst change to the game riot has ever made, still waiting on it to be changed back to normal, riot is literally ****ing ********. if anything makes me quit this game its because of the rating system.

I was never frustrated by the old elo system, it's just plain and simple. this system just ****ing breeds frustration and creates tilt that never should have existed. its literally cancer to this game.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I like the divisions, but I hate the promo series. I wish LoL just did what sc2 does and assign divisions and have the promos happen naturally with mmr instead of a silly bo3/bo5 promotional series every step of the way.

Okuser

Smash Ace
the division system was added to the game to appease lower skill players, to give them a sense of accomplishment. so I understand why some people like it, but in reality it is ****ing stupid.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If Mid Wu can keep his mana up he can work mid.
That's why I said you start crystalline flask. Wu's mana costs aren't that bad, and it takes around 2 combos to put a typical mid in combo- ignite range.

Okuser- If it makes you feel any better, I recently had a run where I won 4 out of literally 25-30 games, during which I had a 10 game losing streak. I dropped from B2 to B5. One of those demotions came off an afk, I had about 5 or so afks during that run, none on the other team. I only lost last lane 3 times, only had one game where my jungler camped the lane more than the enemy's (I always got camped because I was usually the only lane winning on my team) and had at least one +5 death feeder in lane probably in 80-90% of those games.

Honestly I just started finding it funny, but I'm normally pretty light-hearted and I also have a pretty dark sense of humour sometimes. I just tried to take lessons from all the games. For example I realised that I don't freeze the lane in front of my tower enough, and that I'm currently not good enough to capitalise on my leads and carry games as Rumble. So now I'm trying to work on stuff like that. The best thing to do when you lose is to try take lessons from it, because even though you may have won lane and gone posititive, there's always something you could have done to give your team a better chance of winning.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
That's why I said you start crystalline flask. Wu's mana costs aren't that bad, and it takes around 2 combos to put a typical mid in combo- ignite range.

Okuser- If it makes you feel any better, I recently had a run where I won 4 out of literally 25-30 games, during which I had a 10 game losing streak. I dropped from B2 to B5. One of those demotions came off an afk, I had about 5 or so afks during that run, none on the other team. I only lost last lane 3 times, only had one game where my jungler camped the lane more than the enemy's (I always got camped because I was usually the only lane winning on my team) and had at least one +5 death feeder in lane probably in 80-90% of those games.

Honestly I just started finding it funny, but I'm normally pretty light-hearted and I also have a pretty dark sense of humour sometimes. I just tried to take lessons from all the games. For example I realised that I don't freeze the lane in front of my tower enough, and that I'm currently not good enough to capitalise on my leads and carry games as Rumble. So now I'm trying to work on stuff like that. The best thing to do when you lose is to try take lessons from it, because even though you may have won lane and gone posititive, there's always something you could have done to give your team a better chance of winning.

in reality there is nothing to learn from troll games in diamond elo (not that I really have anything left to learn about this game) the enemy team will take advantage immediately and there is nothing you can do.

that's literally just your opinion
it's actually not an opinion, there was a measurable increase in toxicity from players indicated by the tribunal after divisions were implemented. it's just common sense that people are more likely to tilt during promo series/ when they are about to be demoted. so would you care to explain how it isn't cancer for the game?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hard to define what troll is when in challenger there is an Irelia who plays mid, jungle karthus is #2, top 20 has a Soraka player who goes top with her.

If you mean legit trolling, why are they not banned?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It doesn't matter what elo you're in, there is always something you can learn because there is always room to improve.

There are two issues I have with the rank system. The first is that is that it's misleading. The problem is that they display your rank rather than your MMR, when MMR is a truer reflection of your ability. The second issue I have is that different games have different weight, so losing or winning a game abritrarily has a greater impact than losing or winning a game two games later. For example, if you're on 50 LP and lose, you simply need to win the next game to be back to where you started. However, if you lose on 0 LP and get demoted, you have to win between 3-5 games to get back to where you were before that one loss. What makes it worse is that fact you can lose due to unfair circumstances such as afks or trolls. It's much worse to have that afk when you're on 0 LP or in a promo, than when you're on 50 LP.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Anything works in solo queue Ryu. One trick ponies who only play one character and is Diamond/challenger better be ****ing good with that character after a couple hundred games lol.

The new system is just toxic, even worse when rito purposely throws trolls and bad players at you when you're on a hotstreak or in your promos to test your true skill. Can you carry this rengar that's gonna feed the team 3 kills before 5 minutes?

Will you be able to win with 4 teammates typing more than they right click? If so, welcome to the next league :^)
If not, u belong where u are and it's definitely ur fault for not gitting gud

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I remember last season I got to my promotion series a whopping 16 times before i finally beat it lmao. It was hella dumb.

And this season so far Ive been stuck in the 60-99 LP range (and yes Ive hit 99 3 times) and havent got a single promotion yet. Ive only played like 30 games though and Ive already had 4 4v5 games and at least 6 hardcore feeders/trolls. Meh.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think people are overselling how many legit trolls are in their games.

Feeders and trolls would happen no matter what system they used.

Failing promos over and over means your MMR is still going up and when you do your chance if promoting while skipping divisions goes up.

I like this system more because I do feel accomplished when I get somewhere.

Player-3

Smash Hero
promo series are kinda silly i feel that the only series should be the gold>plat and plat>diamond bronze>silver etc, none of the b2>b1 ****, idk its just a waste of time

99lp is also gay

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I love how immediately after making that post earlier I go on a 4 win streak which gets me into and through my promo lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i felt like playing rumble today, so i played a bunch of games with him

then i laned against an akali and remembered why i dont like playing rumble

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Dre, do you know how much people are willing to pay for bonafied Bronze 5 accounts?
They want their easy promo matches in plat/diamond.
Well I'm on like 80 something LP in B4 now. One thing I've noticed is that people exaggerate how bad bronze players are. People make out that like 90% are level 10s who leave lane with 10cs and buy mana pots on Trynd. In reality, most laners will end the game with over 200cs, and the junglers will end with over 100. Buffs will be taken as soon as they come up (or close to it), people ward their lanes, and understand that you should push your wave before your roam or back. Objective control isn't stellar, but people will ward and force objectives.

Maybe the standard was a lot lower when most people started playing, but whilst us bronzies aren't obviously great players, we're better than some people make out.

JTB- I've found that Rumble is harder to carry with than a lot of other champs, because he doesn't have pick potential and mobility. His lane match ups don't seem that good anymore either. Who are considered good match ups for him? I know he beats passive laners like Mundo and Malph, but Wukong is the only aggressive top laner (I think he's better mid personally) that I know Rumble soundly beats.

I mean that as a genuine question, I feel like there isn't much I can do against a Renekton or Olaf, or a Riven who actually knows what they're doing. I assume my poor lane mechanics have something to do with it, but they still seem hard.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bronze was really ****ing bad in season 2. Like, the current Bronze players were like Gold players back then. Im sure it was even worse in season 1 but back then my account was like level 5 so yeah.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
^eh not really.

The main problem with Bronze players is that they don't understand lane mechanics (like minion aggro) and usually build completely wrong (example: Darius top lane vs all ap team BETTER BUY FUNFIRE CAPE & THORNMAIL)

They also do not understand what to do in a losing lane, which is why the 0/18 Tryndamere is more common in Bronze than say, Silver or Gold.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB- I've found that Rumble is harder to carry with than a lot of other champs, because he doesn't have pick potential and mobility. His lane match ups don't seem that good anymore either. Who are considered good match ups for him? I know he beats passive laners like Mundo and Malph, but Wukong is the only aggressive top laner (I think he's better mid personally) that I know Rumble soundly beats.

I mean that as a genuine question, I feel like there isn't much I can do against a Renekton or Olaf, or a Riven who actually knows what they're doing. I assume my poor lane mechanics have something to do with it, but they still seem hard.
I play laning phase like I do as nasus, just farm and wait until mid game to wreck **** with his amazing ult. Some matchups you can win if you don't get ****ed up before level 4-5 and you know how to manage your heat/flamespitter harass, but I felt like I was always fighting an uphill battle even if I was ahead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
^eh not really.

The main problem with Bronze players is that they don't understand lane mechanics (like minion aggro) and usually build completely wrong (example: Darius top lane vs all ap team BETTER BUY FUNFIRE CAPE & THORNMAIL)

They also do not understand what to do in a losing lane, which is why the 0/18 Tryndamere is more common in Bronze than say, Silver or Gold.
So you're essentially saying that they aren't that bad, but they are that bad.
Thanks for the clarity. :applejack:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People at lower elos don't know how to win games. They [may] know how to play their character, but they don't grasp important things.
Even at high plats now, the top laner gets camped by enemy jungler while mid, bot and jungle are getting fed and they're raging, and end up trolling/afking because "they didn't do well" or "they aren't getting fed", so they continue to do what they're doing (which is making the gap larger). Players don't understand the phases of the game, the sheer fact that you can still win games if all lanes lose, that the enemy team getting baron when we're not ready to combat it doesn't mean ramboing in and dying. If an enemy team is full of assassins with only a single ranged character (ranged ad), they literally are not meant to be able to win games, but they can because most just don't understand the game at anything above superficial level.

Streaming and whatnot has really ruined player divisions at all elos because you are capable of imitating the step 1-5 of any top player and have similar results, but none of them can adjust, none of them know anything beyond what they've seen. Blah blah blah.

Bronze players are bad because when they actually have an opportunity to win the game, they won't take it. Silver players are bad because when they actually have an opportunity to win the game, they'll focus on a selfish action that doesn't win the game. Gold and up players are bad because when an opportunity comes up to win the game, they don't even know it's there unless they've already seen it done by someone else or are too busy critiquing everyone else's play.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
No Espy, they're not. You're either reminiscing back to your Bronze days when the standard was lower, or you're just really deluded.

Aero's right, Bronzies just don't understand lane mechanics. They don't look out for level 2 all ins, they'll trade in people's creep waves, go for all CS without considering what kind if harrass they'll take for it etc.

It's just stuff like that. Most of them can CS decently and know when to push and whatnot.

Edit- Also what Shaya said. I only get annoyed at being camped if I'm the only lane winning. But yeah, I don't know how to capitalise on my leads except for the classic group mid Strat.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay, so.... they're extremely bad? :applejack:
You two are going around in circles. Stop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom