• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
How do y'all feel about the new Loaf? I'm glad he got a real one-point-wonder now from this patch. Idk if I can call him good, but he is as derpy as ever. Considering that I never played Oldlaf, I can't really say much about the overall rework, but I like the new ult and true damage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I prefer the Sivir rework, idk why people were crying about that, though I think she is under tuned she is still a lot more fun to use than before.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How do y'all feel about the new Loaf? I'm glad he got a real one-point-wonder now from this patch. Idk if I can call him good, but he is as derpy as ever. Considering that I never played Oldlaf, I can't really say much about the overall rework, but I like the new ult and true damage.
I think the new Olaf is fun, but undertuned. He's a weak laner and can't do too much until he starts getting items under his belt. He's much too gold starved to really jungle.
The thing that really irks me though is that you almost feel punished for having to build a defensive item on him as your first big ticket buy. It feels like he's tuned with the idea that you are getting some big ticket damage item like Hydra early on, but if you are ever in a situation where you need the defense more, say you are in a tough lane or a 2v1, then you basically resign yourself to just being nothing but a meatshield for the next 20 minutes or whatever. If he gets behind he just stays behind and it doesn't feel like he has much to get himself back in the game.
Like, yeah if the game goes to like 45+ minutes than I think the new Olaf is even deadlier than he was before. Any time before lategame though I think he's just underwhelming. You have to be tanky enough that you can get away with using his ult because otherwise you will just melt when you pop his ult. You also need enough damage to be a threat which used to come naturally from his base damage, but now you need to use his scaling. So he needs more items overall. Maybe he'll be fine in season 4, because there will be more income for junglers that can powerclear like Olaf, and he won't have to deal with his meh laning.
I don't feel anywhere near as strong as old Olaf did early on which is a bummer because he's long been one of my favorites to play.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
New Sivir: ult is good, Q is the same (but the animation felt a bit weird to me at first), E is less risky, but her W was one of my favorite things and I'm not sure I like the change. It's probably good for laning because of INFINITE BOUNCES but I liked having an autoattack reset on a super short cooldown. I imagine this one is actually better because the cooldown is only barely longer, and she gets an AS bonus without her ult, so yay.
But yeah, her ult's really good. I played her in a ranked game earlier today and teamfight/towerkilling power was gg.

tfw just realized Sivir was my 5th most played champ in season 2. I forgot I used to play her that much o_O

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not whining, just trying to prove a point.
I mean, I also got a skin for a character I might never use. But since Nasus is getting a visual update (and sadly voice update too despite previous voice actor dying), might use him since Pharaoh Susan looking like his best skin and Susan is a dumb as fugg jungler.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
^^
The old voice actor passed away a couple years ago, and they confirmed he's getting a new voiceover :\
I'm pretty bummed about it. Like, yeah it would be cool to have Nasus have more lines and some champion interactions with Renekton/whoever else but not if it means changing voices... He has such a gahlike voice right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I really like the current Nasus voice, but I think having him voiced by a deceased person was stopping Riot from adding new voiceovers for other champions. One suggestion I've seen was to have a champion say something when you lock him or her in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm conflicted, but not that conflicted on Nasus VA change.

One one hand, I get to Honor the old Voice actor, seems like Riot wants to honor it as much as they can while changing the VA. But on the other, it can impair growth of updating Nasus.

Which I really want.

His base Model wasn't that appealing to me, though the VA update made me not want Riot Nasus anymore and want Galactic Nasus.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was confused but all this info's on RoG. Good to know!
I got Dreadknight Nasus as a mystery gift and I never play the guy... I might trade skins if someone wants (assuming that's a thing, I've never done it before)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
New Galactic Nasus is kind of exciting. It was my first RP purchase and my favorite of his skins. Maybe it'll be even better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have Galactic Nasus from when I used to play him all the time. I haven't touched him since his skill rework. :applejack:

Top Bottom