• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean maybe this is arranged 5s when people coordinate and stop her from snowballing top

but in every game I've played so far I just win top and push 2 turrets down and after I'm up like 5-0 thats when people decide "man we should stop that" so then top and mid try to fight me and that's a double (assuming ult is up)

I guess I'm just playing her like an assassin while everyone else is playing her like tanky dps. so I could be wrong but for now what I'm doing is definitely working.

not to take anything away from what anyone else said of course.

Edit:I do need a good Top AD Nidalee build though if you guys have it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm wondering how you're even getting past the "winning your lane" thing though.

Like, she does alright in some, but she has a pretty sizeable handful of bad matchups and is super vulnerable to ganks.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh I just play aggressive. people I guess just don't expect me to jump on them level 1 but I do, so unless the jungler comes and ganks like extremely early (like Lee sin Early) then I usually end up taking first blood or blowing both of the other person's summoners and then having the jungle gank when the lane gets reset.

I don't really know matchups yet so I've just gone in the same way on every one I've played against top so far and only really lost to a Pantheon (Still won game) and lost to Darius Lee Sin camp.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What you'd expect from a LoL skin for a female champion. Still, I like it enough to consider buying it (had I money to spend on League).

Turazrok

Smash Master
Have you guys talked about Voyboy yet? Haven't been keeping up too much work to backtrack.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Have you guys talked about Voyboy yet? Haven't been keeping up too much work to backtrack.
I don't think so.

Frankly, I think both he and HS were underachieving, so I think the move makes a lot of sense to drop him and shift HS back to his natural role, but I don't think I've ever seen Loco support so I'm not sure how to feel about it overall.

Leacero

Smash Lord
so this doesn't happen with Q,W,E,R at all?
Once the animation comes out for a spell you can't cancel it unless its a channel-style startup or something. You can buffer spells in some situations as well which allows you to cast it the instant you're available to, but you can't stop them with what you described.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
Once the animation comes out for a spell you can't cancel it unless its a channel-style startup or something. You can buffer spells in some situations as well which allows you to cast it the instant you're available to, but you can't stop them with what you described.
it has happen to me with Ryze's spell flux

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh I just play aggressive. people I guess just don't expect me to jump on them level 1 but I do, so unless the jungler comes and ganks like extremely early (like Lee sin Early) then I usually end up taking first blood or blowing both of the other person's summoners and then having the jungle gank when the lane gets reset.
And what's your skill order? What's her best skill for level 1 fights?
I've always felt like her Q is hella weak, and only useful for catching up to people.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't think so.

Frankly, I think both he and HS were underachieving, so I think the move makes a lot of sense to drop him and shift HS back to his natural role, but I don't think I've ever seen Loco support so I'm not sure how to feel about it overall.
The general opinion seems to be that HS should be the one to step down and just manage, but I understand his unwillingness to.

I've never seen Loco support either but he is a very smart player and a very strong AD carry, so he certainly knows the lane. I expect him to be just fine with that role.

I'm mostly curious about Chauster jungling.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
And what's your skill order? What's her best skill for level 1 fights?
I've always felt like her Q is hella weak, and only useful for catching up to people.
Start W unless you're against like vlad or something then start Q

WQWEWR > R > W > Q > E

I've always started boots pots but you might want to start cloth + 5 against like Darius or Pantheon

biggest thing is don't get baited into using your W and not actually getting a parry. her Q is definitely weak and the only real reason I max it over E is for Cooldowns

Turazrok

Smash Master
Meh I just remember when clg first stopped dominating it was cause hotshot kept afk farming top of something when the meta shifted. Or something I don't really remember lol

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
voyboy looking for a new team, quick kevinm pitch him something that makes him join the dream team

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Chauster has been jungling in solo queue for a WHILE. And same for hotshot top.

Wonder how long they've been planning this
Now that you bring that up, I kind of wonder that myself. But whatever.

I have no doubts that every top player could play any role very effectively in solo queue. (A little practice and they'd be generally fine.) However this trait seems to be a defining weakness of the NA scene. It's understandable due to the money involved in streaming, though.

Obviously this is all speculation since I am not a pro player (so correct me if anyone thinks I'm wrong) but the thing that really defined the asian teams over the NA teams was their coordination and preparation. Toyz's criticism of Scarra is particularly indicative of this, and the proof is in the games that were played.

Anyway my point is that solo queue is no way to determine how something may work out. I'm sure Chauster will be a fine jungler, but it's really more about teamwork and coordination, as well as a well executed strategy. The conflicts between Hotshot top and Saint jungle were pretty well known. I do not know what style of jungle Chauster likes to play or how vocal he is, but I do know that Locodoco is very knowledgeable about the game and that he may also wish to speak up a bit.

One thing that I think could work out really well is that CLG.na is the team outside of asia that is willing to experiment with new ideas. Loco has firsthand experience with asian strategies and can really help the team with coordinated aggression. But for this to work Hotshot can't be Farmshot in top lane and Jiji needs to be more agressive too.

Edit: I can answer this! Kinda...

how much AP does it take before jannas full charge Q 1 shots a creep wave?
It really depends on how much your Q is leveled up and how strong the minions are. You can start to 1-shot the caster minions simply by leveling your Q to 5. At level 4 you can do it with about 80 AP or so. To one-shot the melee minions with a Q at level 5 you need upwards of 200 AP. So once you get your deathcap you should be able to either do it or get really, really close. And I never expect to get the tank minion.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The general opinion seems to be that HS should be the one to step down and just manage, but I understand his unwillingness to.
Honestly, I gotta agree with the consensus, but I think for different reasons then most.

League is really hurting for professional management, this is really what seperates our scene from the asian scene. They developed this because of the popularity of starcraft and now they're applying the same expirience to league.

A player within the team handling the coaching and roster related decisions isn't a great idea, you just lack prospective and objectivity in those sorts of decisions. This isn't something against hotshot personally either, it's just a conflict of interest which you really can't expect somebody to get past.

Plus, coaching is a fulltime job in and of itself, you can't really expect to both be able to take care of coaching responsibilities and manage personal improvement at a top level.

I think this really showed at world, and yes this is just as true of TSM, but moreso of hotshot because he's doing this for 3 teams.

Of course they could step down from the management end, but I don't see these players giving up their financial interest in the company which will result in the same problem.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well I'm glad I bought Skarner. Title should replace Kat with Skarner imo.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Start W unless you're against like vlad or something then start Q

WQWEWR > R > W > Q > E

I've always started boots pots but you might want to start cloth + 5 against like Darius or Pantheon

biggest thing is don't get baited into using your W and not actually getting a parry. her Q is definitely weak and the only real reason I max it over E is for Cooldowns
I prefer to max E over Q on Fiora. Q goes up by 50 total damage per level which is okay, but E gives you more attack speed and movement speed. To put it another way, more 100+ AD autoattacks > low base damage dash.

Besides, the whole point of Q is for Fiora to autoattack more.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Adum I think Hotshot DID step down from most of his management duties and is leaving that end up to his mom.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adum I think Hotshot DID step down from most of his management duties and is leaving that end up to his mom.
Just the financial end, hotshot is still managing the coaching/personnel end.

Even if he did put her in charge of everything coaching/personnel related as well (leaving aside the question of whether she's qualified) she's still his mom which brings up the same issues of independence and lack of prospective that he would have.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
More Fiora stuff

definitely got bodied by Teemo even with 2 jungler ganks I just really couldn't fight him effectively

beat a Warwick yesterday but like...he used ult and ignited too soon. so I just healed it all back with my ult when ignite stopped ticking and won the fight and already being a head in CS pretty much let me snowball those lanes.

this will probably be the last I post about it seeing as I am trying to avoid the Asdioh effect.

Top Bottom