• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Are you guys watching the league stream for Dreamhack?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
missed the melee talk, damnit.

And nah, I'm watching the dota 2 stream! Seriously.
I'm watching both.

The amount of **** going on inbetween games in the League stream is really disheartening. Like that is really ****ing bad. =/

I'm real sad that Absolute Legends lost in the group stages =/

Jazriel

Smash Ace
wow what the **** was M5 THINKING
There was no way they could have won really. Defending is OP and the team comp of CLG was simply better than M5's. Only thing M5 had going for them was Corki ulti but double heal made that irrelevant.

Coney

Smash Master
wow what the **** was M5 THINKING
i mean, what can you really do

they were turtling at the tower...anivia wall and alistar ensures anyone that tries to hit, even corki, is going to get demolished. can't really poke because of double heal from soraka and alistar

was just a really really really really lame strat, maybe they could have split pushed tho

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol. I'm reading conspiracy theories about riot wanting us to watch dreamhack by putting a fail patch on a strange day (sunday, father's day no less)

I just realized I can try out Dota2 again since LoL's down! Phantom Lancer is in the game now, last I heard! :D

edit: I dunno what it is but dota2 turns me off really badly. It looks ugly, feels clunky, has an incredibly unintuitive game and main screen UI, I dunno :/

Kira-

Smash Champion
talking about the korean teams and WE who do stupid picks sometimes

but like, just now, fnatic picked nidalee vs irelia top lane

which is like nids worst possible matchup other than yorick or something

so korea bad picks dont even matter when they play teams as stupid as that
whats ur name on league wann add me

edit: also im not an artist but the chinese art almost always looks 100x better than the american ones

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
lol. I'm reading conspiracy theories about riot wanting us to watch dreamhack by putting a fail patch on a strange day (sunday, father's day no less)

I just realized I can try out Dota2 again since LoL's down! Phantom Lancer is in the game now, last I heard! :D

edit: I dunno what it is but dota2 turns me off really badly. It looks ugly, feels clunky, has an incredibly unintuitive game and main screen UI, I dunno :/
Maybe you just aren't having a great time because you aren't playing with friends? I dunno. I find the game ui great and the mainscreen one makes sense to me(but im biased). If you are talking about the shop just put it in grid mode and life is amazing. If you want someone to play with feel free to add me on steam.

aL | Avril Lavigne

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I'm watching this dreamhack stream and this guy's really making me want to play Lux. He gave up first blood but now he's on this killing spree and his CC, shields, and ult are so useful... his ult is doing obscene damage

Coney

Smash Master
19:58 PST: We have determined that the issues are more complicated than we originally believed and are working to bring the servers back online as fast as we can. We have a full, cross-disciplinary team that is working to resolve the issues and will continue to post updates as they come.
!!!!!

wonder if accounts were permanently lost or something

guess i shouldn't wait any longer tonight

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As someone who uses Annie, Morde, and Yorick, Im LOVING this Micro addition, they shouldve done this a while ago.

voorhese

Smash Master
I personally like the Alt-clicks better anyway. Alt is basically where my thumb sits. And then u just click like normal...this u are going to have to click R then click, then click R again, then click...holding Alt just makes it like moving normal, except u hold alt...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It certainly makes things easier. I used to have a bit of issue controlling Tibbers, but no more. It's nice to have as an option, if I never feel completely comfortable using it.

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
This isn't about fnatic personally, this pro teams in general and how annoying it is to hear randoms saying how said pro team made such an obvious mistake. Pro teams of fnatic's level or beyond aren't gonna make a mistake of failing to consider something like a strongly disadvantaged lane MU, the mistakes they're gonna make are thing like mechanical mistakes, split-second decisions, or believing they have adaquet coping mechanisms for something. Everything in the opposing teamcomps is gonna be reasoned, no pro is just gonna say, pick tryn into malphite just cause her dur.

This is not to say that it might not be a mistake but it doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing.

For example, TSM pretty much picks vlad for dyrus whenever it's open in spite of the fact that he has plenty of bad lane matchups. As best I can analyze, they do this because they're confident that he's gonna contribute more then his opponent because of the nature of his character, but also they don't think the opponent will get too far ahead in lane due to the strong synergy between dyrus and theoddone. I would also think that because most of vlad's counters require substantial commitment, they're generally rather easy to gank.

I mean look at dignitas vs tsm at mlg, akali obviously wins the lane vs. vlad, but due to jungler pressure vlad won the lane.

There's a number of other factors like this, global pressure, how easy the lane is to gank for, which ultimately defines a lot more then whether the lane wins or loses in terms of who actually wins the laning phase even.

Frankly, this is directly out of the mouth of professional players, what I said is a paraphrased quote. Granted it makes sense to me and i've extrapolated on the ideas, but I don't see how you could possibly expect to compete in terms on credibility with actual pro players. Yes it (the original quote, not specifically my paraphrasing) was obviously oversimplified in that it seems to imply that you don't consider lane counters, but it was intended to make a point.

So yea, tell me I'm wrong conceptually and weigh your credibility against mine and I'm open to consider or adopt it. Tell me tsm or dignitas or even the middle tier professional teams like 4not or fnatic are wrong conceptually and weigh your credibility against mine to prove it... that makes no sense. What you should be doing is weighing your credibility against theirs, something which I think you'd obviously lose, unless you yourself are a professional player, in which case you've probably got some worthwhile insight.

you realize the gap between pro players and amateur high elo solo queue players is very small... 5 good solo queue players could play competitive 5s for 2 months and then be "pro"

being a pro doesnt matter. and you still dont know what youre talking about at all. conceptually u are just missing this by a mile AND youre talking about credibility when all it comes down to is that some champs do better than others in lane

and tsm doesnt pick vlad whenever its up, thats 1) stupid and 2) factually wrong. and dyrus pushes his lane for no reason (other than hes lazy) every game, and oddone doesnt have special synergy with him. he goes top or mid if they have the cc to get a kill or he just 4 man dives bot with regi over and over (which is what everyone SHOULD be doing)

@kira/16char k

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
why do you call him safehavn though, that was never even his tag

people dont call you bouncing chest with any frequency

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
*picks J4, goes top*

*try to get first blood, give up first blood*

*get back to lane, jungle gank die again*

*get back to lane, jungle gank die again*

*watch rest of team die, lose morale*

*proceed to put team on back and carry*

*J4 is legendary!*

*Victory!*

Is this how Mogwai feels when he plays?
Because that felt wonderful.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I guess I'm the opposite of john! because I'm on an 11 game ranked win streak jyeah :applejack:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Who else is going to try Dota 2 with me? So far Dphat, PhantomX, Iggy, Dan, Tura, and a few others have tried it with me. I promise you'll have a good time :)

(also we can do drinking game yes)

BUT BIG THING. Did you guys see game 2 of CLG in DH?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Who else is going to try Dota 2 with me? So far Dphat, PhantomX, Iggy, Dan, Tura, and a few others have tried it with me. I promise you'll have a good time :)

yes, I continue to think that picking Kassadin in tournament is shooting yourself in the foot, regardless of the matchup.

Turazrok

Smash Master

I didn't TRY it.

To be fair I began with Dota when I was a wee tyke. I'm just actually learning how to play.

I LIVE Dota with you.

And my chen is the best.

Lessons 80$/hr.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I didn't TRY it.

To be fair I began with Dota when I was a wee tyke. I'm just actually learning how to play.

I LIVE Dota with you.

And my chen is the best.

Lessons 80$/hr.
Weird when I play with you, you are usually dead =/

(jk:<3)

Top Bottom