• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia 2 - Game Over & Who won?!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm cool with getting lynched if nobody else is actually scummy to anyone else. It'll avoid time consuming talk tomorrow about if I'm scum.

Starshy, do you normally state when you'll be placing a vote and the conditions of the vote?

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
aye. when theres a deadline looming anyway

cello/marc would you guysve preferred for me to brush off cello and risk letting half the game vote me. the metagaming needed to be nipped in the bud

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Doing homework and such (hey, that's why I hydra'd) so I don't have tons of time but this jumped out:

If I may paraphrase, "I think Cello is town".
Correct.

If I may paraphrase, "I think Cello is suspicious".

You're equivocating again. If you doubt Cello's scum why are you wary of him being protective of anyone? I understand why you'd want more of his perspective but it reads more like you're trying to incriminate him.
No no no. I'm wary of him protecting Tandora because he has no more information on her than anyone else does. I don't follow along with it even if he's confirmed Town.

Cello: Most of your questions aren't relevant anymore, because I've backed off of you entirely. Starshy had more reason to answer you (he just explained again) than you had to question him, so I don't think it was suspicious enough to lynch him over it. You also ignored Kat's and my question about your protectiveness of Tandora, which is a much more pressing issue.

On a more serious note, I think you are a huge waste of a power role. You managed to stand out to the point of almost getting lynched on the first Day, you plan to use your role in a Vigilante way on Night 1, you are likely to kill me (someone you have wrongfully been all over for two games in a row) AND you suggest a "no lynch". I retract any positive statement I might have made about you, you **** Town up more than any Mafia does. I wish you'd just focus on the lynch now and start explaining why Tandora is so Town in your opinion. She most likely will get lynched unless your case is good, so start spilling the beans.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Marc: Do you think I'm trying to convince you that I'm town with my questions? That's stupid. It should be obvious I am town, so why would I be wasting my breath, and why are you trying to make it seem that way? I'm trying to ask questions that show your thoughts, your stances, and your ideas, since you've been having trouble showing them to us on your own.

You'd blown me off before, and now you're doing it again, even though I said I was going to shoot one of you or Starshy. Then, all you do is ***** about how you think I'm a terrible townie. What good will that do? Why are you still wasting time? Don't you have any interest in saving your own skin? Do you think browbeating will stop that?

Kevin, not one word. (Not like that will be hard, with your complete lack of talking)

The early RVS wagon that formed on Tanny. The two clears, myself and Hando, were on it. KEEKEE is clear as far as I'm concerned. Starshy started it in RVS (which was odd to me, considering that he indulged in it just before asking about my "nifty RQS thing"), so he could be either alignment. What would be scum's natural reaction? Well, it's not hammer. That's just stupid. Instead, they would try to dismantle it, calling it disappointing or the like, whether to earn credit with a townie (the wagoned) or to remove the largest number of votes from their ally (since someone might hammer accidentally).

@Summoner: Tandora said that she thinks your play here is different from your scum thoughts/play in Popcorn (well, not in so many words). Regardless, the way it was worded makes me think that you both aren't scummates. How is her play here in your eyes? What has she done that reminds you of how she thought behind the scenes in Popcorn, if anything? I don't really want specifics, just your overall perception of her alignment.

@Tanny: "Cello, will you write one sentence on why we shouldn't think you're scum?" What answer did you expect me to give?

@Summoner and Tanny and Kat: You should all move to Marc with me. Plus, I want to see if Starshy will follow up with his promise.

Also, how about this? Since Marc seems so dead-set on lynching Tanny. We'll lynch Marc now, and if he's town, then I'll shoot Tanny. It's the same as lynching Tanny first anyway, since I'll be shooting Marc toNight.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I didn't really talk to Tandora much about Popcorn behind the scenes.
UnvoteVote: Starshy

#138: Was kinda weird tbh. I haven't seen Tandora say something like that either (then again, I haven't really played much with her so feel free to correct me)
#151: I haven't seen Tandora use this sort of thing as scum before. I know I've used it as scum though ;D

I'm not sure if those are normal things or not. So I guess you could say I'm suspicious of her.

that guy who runs things said:
Note: Whenever someone imposes some artificial deadline for their vote it's a huge scumtell. They are probably scum and should be immediately killed. (Vyse did this is Anime Mafia with his vote on Airgemini & I've seen it elsewhere. Scum love doing this because it's an easy way to vote without having to take consequence for the mislynch.)
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Cello: There's obviously some interest in saving my own life, but I think it'll be rather pointless considering how you didn't see the error of your ways till I was dead in NSM and are practically begging people to vote with you. I don't respond well to coercion (you're abusing your current position to get me to play your silly games) and you seem hellbent on being a terrible player, so we might as well see this through so I can mock you more. You most likely won't make it through the Night either, which is a huge relief for Town. This right here is the exact reason why Vigilante type roles tend to not work well in small games, too much of an impact for a potential idiot. You have succeeded in annoying the **** out of me for two games in a row, by the way.

Number your questions and keep them to the point and I might be bothered to follow along. I really don't know what you want to hear, considering our previous interactions were about why I thought you were scum and that's irrelevant now.

Also, how can you be so sure your shot works if you yourself die? The order of night actions might very well benefit Mafia. I'm not dead-set on lynching Tandora, but she seems like the best choice if your claim is true.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 8, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 7:
Cello_Marl: KevinM (
)
Handorin: (0)
Kataefi: Tandora (
)
KEEKEE: (0)
KevinM: (0)
Marc: Cello_Marl (
)
§tarshy: SummonerAU (
)
SummonerAU: §tarshy, KEEKEE (
)
Tandora: Kataefi, Handorin, Marc (
)
Not Voting: (0)

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Marc for someone who was so annoyed at how aggressive you thought I was being before you really need to chill out. You're either taking this too seriously or deliberately wasting time by antagonizing a clear. Either way you need to boil your points down to what's actually relevant to the game and stop slinging mud--that's something ScumTom did (or said he wanted to do anyway) in BSG with the clear in that game. The clear is clear. Period.

@Everyone: are we really not lynching Summoner? I think I speak for EE when I say he's our top suspect still. I haven't really seen anything since EE's giant post that made me reconsider whether he's town and I absolutely won't want him around in lylo. Seriously think not lynching him is a mistake.

@Hando should be evident from recent history and ^, but (just to explicitly restate it) Summoner is my top suspect. We're not scum because Xiivi assigned us a role that is town aligned.

@Summoner hmm, come to think of it I'm not sure whether I've ever seen Marshy give a hard deadline like that. Where'd Xiivi post that? Starshy, mind linkage?

Last I really have to stress how terrible an idea it is to talk about what CPRDudeMan should or might do tonight. The biggest danger with his role is if mafia anticipates what he's going to do. At minimum use some serious, serious discretion before you talk about it, but I can't think of too many reasons to do so in the first place.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
summoner those arent comparable. just checked and you said "im hammering in an hour if no one objects" in disney pop stars like a week before deadline as opposed to this game where deadline is tomorrow

im gonna be online tomorrow before noon and will place my vote on the biggest wagon. yall should still switch to scummoner

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm not comparing what I did to you.

Would you agree with Xiivi? Why not push my lynch if you think I'm scum instead of saying you'll hop on whatever wagon? Why did you change your mind from midnight to tomorrow? If I was scum, wouldn't I just try to get my buddy to get another wagon going? Who is my buddy in your opinion? (No need to answer the last question)

My perception of the deadline is a little skewed. It's already the 8th and 1:32PM where I am. So it's like... another 18 hours for you until deadline? (Just checked before posting, 11:35pm eastern time so another 12 hours)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Just in case you don't realise, I'm fairly interested in why you didn't vote for the biggest wagon at midnight as you said you would. Was it coincidence that you decided to change to closer to the actual deadline once I quoted what Xiivi said? Why didn't you just place a vote on the biggest wagon now and then see how things are going tomorrow? What are you feelings on Tandora?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
unvote vote Starshy

Sounds good to me. I'm going to bed now. I'll wake up in about 7 hours and check the situation. Then I'll be leaving for work, and won't get back before deadline.

Oh, and Request deadline extension, just in case anyone else thinks that might be a good idea.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Marc for someone who was so annoyed at how aggressive you thought I was being before you really need to chill out. You're either taking this too seriously or deliberately wasting time by antagonizing a clear. Either way you need to boil your points down to what's actually relevant to the game and stop slinging mud--that's something ScumTom did (or said he wanted to do anyway) in BSG with the clear in that game. The clear is clear. Period.
The clear is clear, but that doesn't automatically mean he's making the right decisions and shouldn't be called out on bad play, especially if it involves my head. I feel I've already said what I wanted to say, yet Cello keeps asking me for more (although he seems to have let go for a bit now). I've admittedly had a rough week personally, but I'm not the type who slings mud lightly (not even as a strategy) and I'm just annoyed with the current state of affairs. I think Day 1 might prove to be very useful later on and we might even get scum, but right now we don't have a consensus and in the worst case scenario myself and the CPR Sorcerer are dead toNight. I've calmed down and I acknowledge having been harsh, but my opinion is unchanged.

I think Summoner is playing differently from NSM, where he was scum. That makes me not want to lynch him on Day 1. I encourage people to (re)read NSM as I've been doing and see what they think of him after that. It's possible he completely changed strategies, but meh. Starshy hasn't done much yet and KevinM's lurking is beyond ridiculous. Both of them really can go either way for me and I wouldn't mind a lynch of one of them much. It's just that both can be very valuable when on the right side. Tandora has been very quiet since the focus shifted from her to other people, Kat made a decent case against her and she won't be a big loss either way. So ultimately, I'm satisfied with my vote. I'll try and be online before the deadline hits, but if not, here's to hoping things will work out.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
summoner i dont agree with zv. his reasonings wrong here. what is your idea of pushing a lynch? i didnt change my mind and changed it to tomorrow cuz steel told me hell be able to get online by noon tomorrow. as for your buddy i look for one scum at a time early game. tannys mehiono and im keeping my eyes on the prize. anythings better than a no lynch

i didnt change my vote cuz i still think youre the play today

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm not asking if it's applicable here, I was only curious on how you felt about the idea in general.

What's my idea of pushing a lynch? I had a choice of not saying anything and waiting until deadline or pushing other people. Would you prefer it if I did nothing so you can call me scum some more? Regardless of if I am eventually lynched, isn't it better for people to at least see me say something?

What was your idea of letting people know when and how you would vote come a certain time? How does it benefit town more than scum?

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
I'm completely appalled by how this game managed to fall apart.

Summoner, for starters, is still the best lynch, and I think I did a fine job empirically proving that. Did you guys read it? Because it sure as hell wasn't just an explanation of what a turdburglar's game Summoner played toDay.

Marc, using meta to 100% clear someone from the lynch is dumb up and down. Do you honestly think that someone is going to play the same scum every time? Especially, as you've so eagerly touted, if you "saw through him D1"? Similarity between present behavior and past behavior as scum can be a scumtell. Difference of behavior in the same circumstances is not a towntell. Furthermore, Summoner's "style", if you can call it that, hasn't exactly been all that impressive, considering it attracted immediate attention, and as I showed in my post, is a perfect scum gambit if you can pull it off, because you get to hide behind one opinion for an entire Day. Jesus. You're better than that kind of logic, so what's the deal?

Also I support Marc for his rage at Cello but not for spending like half of his recent posts raging about it and half actually scumhunting. Talk about time that could be better spent.

Then again, Cello wouldn't have claimed if he wasn't at L-1.

And on that note, big FoS at Tando, now. First Tando instaclears Summoner because of his "in your face" attitude (what?) and then she tries to use Summoner as a proxy to lynch Cello. Cello who is now 99% confirmed town. Oh, but of course, she also threatened to vote Summoner. What? Having your cake and eating it too, much?

Kat already pointed out the circular logic inherent in this exchange ad infinitum. It bothered me plenty, but there's no point retreading the same ground that already has been -- a parroter, I am not. But another bothersome point is that Tando puts herself in a position where she can either lynch Cello, whom we can only assume for now is telling the truth, or lynch with what was (and still is) the smartest lynch -- but with a whole bunch of doubt put up in neon signs leading up to it.

Thus, Cello gets lynched and flips town (and the PR of all ****ing things), Tando can wash her hands with a "Hey, Summoner convinced me with ____." Summoner gets lynched and flips town (I really doubt it, but let's pretend), she says "Hey, I gave him every opportunity, it's his own fault!"

Don't like that one bit.

But hey, KEEKEE, then why aren't you switching if you disliked that so much?

Because Summoner has still done literally nothing that convinced me of townieness. Before the big post came raining in, Summoner was playing the usual BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR HUR HUR HUR cards, and still being aggressively useless and saying jack **** of substance.

Afterward Summoner backpedaled and actually started doing stuff. Enough stuff? Not even close. Let's not forget that Summoner's response to the gigantic post was agreeing with "everything except the part where he's scum". That's the best possible way to sweep it under the rug -- and apparently it worked? -- just agree with everything except the part where you're scum. Then you don't have to, you know, rebut it or anything.

Um. Well the entire post was filled with arguments about Summoner being stupid and scummy, so ain't that a hell of a thing to agree with? Here I'll be nice and quote the part where I summed up everything I felt Summoner did up to that point. Remember, he agreed with everything except where he's scum!

KEEKEE said:
0. Summoner literally refuses to answer any question directed at him or make any post resembling something containing substance.

1. Summoner made us wait until the night before deadline day for his "real" post, which was clearly just a bunch of random bisections chopped out of the thread.

2. To these clearly random selections, he affixes a canned response which, far more often than not, didn't even make sense in the context of what it was questioning.

3. Occasional jabs on the level of middle school playground arguing peppered in here and there, intended to pass as actual original thought.

4. What few statements actually make some sense are parroted from various other players.

5. Even giving his poor (to be polite) questioning an A for effort, it also is the kind of stuff you need to ask at the start of a Day. Or game. If at all.

5. (b) And we only managed to rip this fluffy crap out of him by making him our lynch candidate the night before deadline. Wow. Trés protown, oui oui?

6. He managed to say all of that while still dodging questions asked of him earlier.

7. He managed to say all of that while making no actual case.

7. (b) He managed to say all of that while pointing to no suspects or fresh strings of conversation.

8. He managed to, in other words, do the exact same thing he has been doing from the beginning of the game: Dodge questions, tunnel, and be stupid.

*snip*

So, do all those dots connect to a townie? I sure as hell don't think so.

Here's what I really think Summoner did: He tried a gambit of portraying himself as a player of the caliber that he can read any player like a textbook in bifocal print. Think about it. Think about all the time of ours Summoner wasted by doing this, and all the meaty conversation he avoided by posting the same crap over and over again.

He tried to be obtuse, allowing him to hide behind a crap playstyle, and now it has backfired, and he's flailing about, trying to portray it as some grand "master plan". Guess what, Scummoner? If you were actually fishing for reactions, maybe you should have collected them and posted about them before the penultimate night of deadline?

Oh wait.

You didn't point to these reactions which you were supposedly testing for. Not a single one.

Hmm! That doesn't look inconsistent, or like a blatant lie, or anything else! Certainly not an idiot being scum!

So if Summoner agrees to everything except the part where he's scum, he's agreed to blatant lying, deliberately dodging questions, deliberately avoiding conversation, feigning scumhunting, constant parroting, and a million other things that I would find kind of scummy in isolation.

Does that look townie to you? It sure as hell doesn't to me.

What would have happened if we lynched Summoner? Likely, we'd have dead scum, and our power role wouldn't be out on ****ing D1. If he by some ungodly abomination manages to flip town, then he was the worst townie I have ever seen, and I'd be grateful we don't have to worry about him making it to lylo. We'd also have erased a whole lot of WIFOM for D2 -- What does it mean that Summoner is still alive? Blah blah blah blah. Overall we'd probably waste D2 doing what we should have done on D1.

Blargh.

Don't think I'll be on tomorrow, sick johns, but other half should. But I'm really astonished that people instantaneously let go of Summoner like that, and I certainly don't think it's a coincidence that a whole lot of worst case scenario stuff started happening shortly thereafter.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Well, since we're pulling from outside sources...

Kat said:
erm also you'd vote me for bus credit?... that's cheap.
Why did you say "cheap"? I'd originally said what I did jokingly, but you never took it that way.

Another Game said:
25) You are allowed to claim anti-town. However you are not allowed to claim anti-town and that another player is anti-town with you (either explicitly or implicitly). This will result in an automatic loss for your faction.
I can't see Kat complaining to Xiivi about what I said as a townie. I also can't think of any reason why this would have even been thought of as a problem except a townie inadvertently implicating scum by a joke.

Still prefer Starshy lynch toDay, just thought I'd say that while I can.

KEEKEE, please trust Tandora (not necessarily her judgment) even if you don't trust Summoner.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
marshy ill post for u k

What's my idea of pushing a lynch? I had a choice of not saying anything and waiting until deadline or pushing other people. Would you prefer it if I did nothing so you can call me scum some more? Regardless of if I am eventually lynched, isn't it better for people to at least see me say something?
no i wouldn't have preferred that. yes its better for people to at least see u say stuff

What was your idea of letting people know when and how you would vote come a certain time? How does it benefit town more than scum?
The deadline thing was to convey a sense of urgency and let others know im here for a lynch. it benefits town because it increases the chances of avoiding a no lynch

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Doesn't scum get the advantage of knowing exactly how you'll vote and will likely exploit it? Couldn't you have just not even mentioned it and still followed it?

2 hours until deadline, no?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 8:
)
)
Marc: (0)
§tarshy: SummonerAU, Cello_Marl (
)
)
)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It's hard to not want to vote myself when I agree with KEEKEE and don't want to see a no lynch.

I really wouldn't do this normally as anything. I feel like I have something to make up to you guys though.

Vote: Summoner

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Also, would like to see Tandora(hated the post 'give me a good reason to vote cello or I'll vote you') and Starshy(I didn't like the answers he gave me at all, they didn't suit Starshy imo) looked into more. Kataefi should say some more stuff.

Kevin needs to post.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's about 3 over here - that would make it around 10 est time I think. That's quite close to the deadline

Summoner can you give a quick opinion on everyone please! - scumtells, suspicions, anything worth looking into, etc etc...... something additional for us to use if you pop up as town? please be on

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Ask questions, I'll be on until deadline.

I'll look through again quickly, but I already mentioned the things that came straight to mind for me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Let's take a look at the votes:

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 8:
)
)
Marc: (0)
§tarshy: SummonerAU, Cello_Marl (
)
)
)

Unvote
+1

It's hard to not want to vote myself when I agree with KEEKEE and don't want to see a no lynch.

I really wouldn't do this normally as anything. I feel like I have something to make up to you guys though.

+1

= 4 of 5 needed. You can't hammer. You already voted.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's cool summoner, I'll be on for around another hour!

- Truth behind your playstyle - what was your intention? Who were you baiting?, we can look at their reactions.
- Any chance you could elaborate your suspicions?
- Any thoughts on the quieter players? Vocal players? Who are you feeling off with?
- Who should have been the play?

etc etc... I can't think of anymore right now. Just list anything additional you think could be helpful.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Mainly my issue with Starshy is that he tried to immediately say what Xiivi said wasn't applicable here even when he didn't agree with him. Why would he say that it wasn't applicable here when he doesn't agree with Xiivi anyway? why not just pick away at what Xiivi said and give us a reason why it was wrong? Coupled with his also immediate backing down from it once it was brought up. As I sorta mentioned before, even IF Starshy is town, listing a deadline and conditions of where your vote will go helps scum. He also avoided even mentioning that in the last post. He also didn't want to link a buddy to me (fair enough reason though) and the person who had the most votes on at the time he didn't he gave me 'no opinion' on her.

Also, where is Starshy now?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Truth I was just doing some RVS and got too carried away with it. Once I realised it I didn't exactly see a way out that didn't make me look like an idiot either way. As you can see, I decided to 'not even care' about looking like an idiot.

I should have been the play. I was stupid and I was rightly called on it.

if you mean "who do I think is scum"

Starshy > Tandora > You

Handorin

Smash Hero
He was on last night. Do you expect everyone to constantly be on and post when you want? Stuff like this bugs the crap out of me.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
With Tandora:
when she was at L-1 at the very start of the game, she didn't really react to it at all. You say "Of course, random votes and ****" but with her #151 she shows frustration and she isn't at L-1 there (I believe can't check no time etc). Also #138 is pretty silly too me.

Top Bottom