• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia 2 - Game Over & Who won?!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hando, Starshy said he was going to be here to jump on the wagon with the most votes.

I know what you mean Hando, but if someone says something like that, I expect them to be here

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Summoner is that it? anything more? If not then don't mind me hammering

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
umm only thing I have to say on you is the little thing I already mentioned

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I hope that kinda makes up for being a ****. Probably doesn't do much.

I really really don't like voting myself.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So Xiivi is still away and I'll be on for another 15-30 minutes.

anything else?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Ends & Night 1 Begins

Day 1 Vote Count 9:
Cello_Marl: KevinM (
)
Handorin: (0)
Kataefi: Tandora (
)
KEEKEE: (0)
KevinM: (0)
Marc: (0)
§tarshy: Cello_Marl (
)
SummonerAU: §tarshy, KEEKEE, Handorin, SummonerAU, Kataefi (
)
Tandora: Marc (
)
Not Voting: (0)

SummonerAU, Vanilla Villager, has been lynched!

It is now Night 1, please send me all night actions by 11:59AM EST April 10, 2010.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Begins & Night 1 Ends!

Handorin
, Innocent Little Girl has been killed!

Kataefi, Vanilla Villager has been killed!

Deadline has been set for April 18, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 4/6 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 0:
Cello_Marl: (0)
§tarshy: (0)
Tandora: (0)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, KEEKEE, KevinM, Marc, §tarshy, Tandora (
)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
*request to change sides* -_-

Who did you target, Cello? Please don't tell me you killed Kataefi.

I never cleared Summoner 100% because of meta, but I don’t want to lynch someone on Day 1 who was so obvious as scum in a previous game, but seemed completely detached and so willing to die in the next. People don’t change playing styles to that extent unless they’re extremely good! I simply didn’t believe Summoner could have pulled that off. I wish I was online to make more of an attempt to stop this foolishly foolish lynch, but with all the tunnel vision going on I doubt it’d have made much of a difference. I bet none of you did that NSM reread I suggested, so thanks for listening to me. -_-

I hold KEEKEE responsible for Summoner’s death. Blablabla condescending logic… sometimes you should trust your intuition. Seeing your bandwagon through to the end made you skyrocket on my scum list. I still think we should lynch Tandora first, but it’s hard to forget this kind of “mistake”.

KevinM can get modkilled as far as I’m concerned, he’s just not playing the game. I think he quit SWF pretty much, so I think he doesn't care anymore. Starshy is kind of an unknown factor.

Vote: Tandora

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
I never cleared Summoner 100% because of meta, but I don’t want to lynch someone on Day 1 who was so obvious as scum in a previous game, but seemed completely detached and so willing to die in the next.
So you would have brought him to mylo instead?

I bet none of you did that NSM reread I suggested, so thanks for listening to me. -_-
Yeah that is a logical conclusion. Why would anyone decide to reread an entirely different game less than 12 hours before deadline to test your meta theory?

I hold KEEKEE responsible for Summoner’s death. Blablabla condescending logic… sometimes you should trust your intuition. Seeing your bandwagon through to the end made you skyrocket on my scum list. I still think we should lynch Tandora first, but it’s hard to forget this kind of “mistake”.
Don't understand what you're trying to say. Yeah, I guess holding Summoner responsible for his own death wouldn't be very effective. "Trust your intutition"... um we did? We thought Summoner was scum, hence us saying he was our top suspect and trying to get him lynched.

KevinM can get modkilled as far as I’m concerned, he’s just not playing the game. I think he quit SWF pretty much, so I think he doesn't care anymore. Starshy is kind of an unknown factor.

Vote: Tandora
So, uh, I've skyrocketed on your scum list, but Tandora is still scummier, but KevinM should be modkilled (only makes sense to suggest this if you think he's scum, because if he's town that ends the Day)? Marc you know it's mylo right?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
So you would have brought him to mylo instead?
Why would I not bring a Townie to mylo? Lynching someone in a small game just because he's a bad Townie is absurd and if that's a legit reason Cello would have been a much better choice. And why would you bring an inactive like KevinM?

Yeah that is a logical conclusion. Why would anyone decide to reread an entirely different game less than 12 hours before deadline to test your meta theory?
To prevent ****ing up. Very few players are any good at completely changing playing styles, looking at every game on its own only works on paper. I shouldn't even have to suggest something so obvious as a reread in the first place. This is not some crazy idea, I bet you use your prior experience to judge me as well.

Marc you know it's mylo right?
I know and I don't really feel like playing anymore. We are at the mercy of Cello's whims, who should never have used his power so early in the game. Rethinking it I think he might have opted to try and protect Handorin, but that's a rather poor choice considering the risks. One player is inactive (I hope KevinM posts if he's Town and has the sense of honor to get himself modkilled if he isn't), several others are leaning back and yet another has dictated the first bandwagon. Not only that, three out of four people I had pegged down as safe are dead. It's come dangerously close to a gamble for me. I'll see this through, but Day 1 could not have been worse.

Kat's case against Tandora still stands, as does the fact she has been quiet since she got out of the spotlight. After that it's KEEKEE or Starshy for me.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Ok, I've been working on this since the Day started around 2pm. I've had to take breaks from so much ISO and the fact the site was down a few times. Sorry if this is too long.

I think Cello targeted Hando since he was the Innocent Little Girl.

I think the wolves targeted Kataefi because Kataefi was making

arguments against me that others stated as sound and I was targeting

Kataefi as scum. I know when I played wolf in Newbie 3, that was the

type of mentality my partner used on who to nightkill.

Cello - Cleared as CPR since no counterclaim.
KeeKee- I believe is town due to their reaction to my initial silly

posts. They were very clearly "Play or gtfo." Although wolves could

come off this way, I don't think they would have done it in the

aggressive way KeeKee did.

This leaves Kevin, Marc, and Starshy as scum. The good news is we

have a two in three chance of hitting a wolf.

I did an ISO on Kevin and his posts boil down to this:

Post #18 - Hey guys
Post 24 - Vote summoner (townie)
Post 31 - Ok w/ hammer tandora (townie)
Post 39 - Ok with lynching Cello (CPR)
Post 44 - Quite simply since I don't know the player might as well

get her out of the way now thus I don't have to figure out trying to

read her ^_^. (townie)
Post 61 - Fluff post about KeeKee (townie)
Post 87 - Gonna catch up
Post 115 - Fluff
Post 131 - Fluff
Post 137 - Gonna catch up

In the two games I played with Kevin recently he was much more

arrogant about his ability to catch scum. Yet all of his votes have

been against townies so far. He has also just been following the

crowd rather than making his own commentary on who to vote.

A quote from Disney mafia:
So I think what we

all learned from this game is if I ever play again, if I flip town

you should probably just lynch everyone I mention.

Simple as that.
This is more of Kevin's style that I am used to. Post 44 has always

seemed off to me since it doesn't really follow Kevin's style

because he claims to not knowing me despite playing two games with

me at that point.

Reading Marc's posts, my impression is more murky. I want to think

he's town because his posts read to me as rationale, however he has

moments of seeming antitown. Summaries of some of his posts (I did

not include posts involving RL problems or posting problems)
Post 79 - Bandwagoning is bad for town.
Post 82- Town hivemind is bad.
Post 85 - Reason why he didn't like KeeKee's vote.
Post 91 - Observation on playstyles.
Post 100 - Observation of my playstle.
Post 134 - Observation on Cello and Kevin.
Post 141- Responding to KeeKee and Cello.
Post 145 - Likes Kat's case against me.
Post 157- Unvotes Cello, comments on his thoughts on me. This feels

like a very strong town post. Wouldn't scum have stayed on his vote

for Cello with him being at L-1? Also, he's calling out lurkers. Not

sure if I've seen scum do that before.
Post 163- Calls out Cello on his protectiveness of me and his use of

the CPR class.
Post 168 - Undermining Cello more.
Post 176- Calling out lurkers.
Post 212 - This post when I first read it reeked of distanting.

Cello did you kill Kata? I blame KeeKee for killing Summoner. Just

overall unhelpful post. I have been at the point of just modkill

lurkers before as a townie, so I sympathize with that part.

Starshy
Post 6 - Random vote
Post 8 - Asks Cello for RQS
Post 20 - Go for N1 kill
Post 25 - Prods some players, votes summoner
Post 48 - Chat proof of id
Post 84 - Cheek pinch
Post 88 - Didn't forge chat
Post 98 - Disputes Cello's accusation of being only Marshy.
Post 99 - More id dispute
Post 108 - Asking who would compromise on what votes.
Post 160 - FOS Summoner/wagoning
Post 162 - Antimetagaming.
Post 172 - Pushing for Summoner vote/wagon
Post 177 - More Summoner push
Post 181- Anti no lynch

It feels like Starshy spends the first part of Grammys trying to prove that they are Starshy to Cello. Then the second half is pushing for a wagon on Summoner to make the deadline. With no previous play and a hydra, I really cannot tell what to read of this.

I'm incline to slightly meta on this by looking at Cello. In my experience with Cello, he really does meta people he thinks is guilty. However, his record in the games I've played with him is low. He did this in Newbie 3 and Disney that I can think of. Both times he was wrong.

Kevin>Marc>Starshy is my tentative suggestions.

KevinM[/b}

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Kat's case against Tandora still stands, as does the fact she has been quiet since she got out of the spotlight. After that it's KEEKEE or Starshy for me.
I guess I should address this. I've been having some RL problems too. I knew it was becoming a problem when I read a Grammy post and actually burst into tears over it. I pmed Xiivi about it and suggested that I might need to leave the game because I was letting my real life frustrations bleed over into the game which was making it no fun for me. Xiivi suggested that I take a step back and come back when I was calmer.

I took my full 48 hours off to chill and see if I still wanted to be in the game. When I saw it was night phase, I figured I had been lynched in my absence. Imagine my surprise to see Summoner dead. Night phase gave me a few more days to deal with my RL johns.

I would understand if I got lynched at this point. I've not been able to make a good counterargument on the cases against me because I've been so flustered and I have no interest in going back and trying to muck through that mess. I think my major problem is I've been making some mental processes on my own without verbalizing them in game which is getting me into trouble. (Despite early argument against the contrary.) I'm doing my best to be more clear, which is why I made the novel length last post.

The reason I considered Summoner was not that I thought he was scum. I wanted to explore the two players with the most votes. Summoner had been stating with no reasons that Cello was scum over and over. I wanted to see if there was a reason for that claim. However, Kata jumped on my case and I got irritated and just stayed on my current vote rather than actually get any scum hunting done.

@ Marc - Out of the current players, Cello has the most game experience with me. We've played in Newbie 3, Disney, Popcorn, and this game for forum play and countless AIM games. I'm pretty certain he has also read my involvement in at least one more forum game on All is Brawl.

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Why would I not bring a Townie to mylo? Lynching someone in a small game just because he's a bad Townie is absurd and if that's a legit reason Cello would have been a much better choice. And why would you bring an inactive like KevinM?
This doesn't make any sense unless you already knew Summoner was town before he was lynched. All you had to support that idea was some meta based on some other game, which you even acknowledge didn't actually clear him. My point is that if you just wanted to put him on hold until later in the game when were you planning on dealing with it? I submit that deciding mylo or lylo is a good time to lynch him would have been, um, a terrible idea.

I don't like that Kevin lurks but scumminess > inactivity for a lynch. And since you like meta so much, keeping the distracting and scummy player around for WIFOM fun later in the game is exactly what I did with Handorin in Spidey mafia. Dude took plenty of heat off us for the whole game.

To prevent ****ing up.
Way to miss the point. You suggested that people go read an entire game (would you agree that's maybe a little time consuming? I don't think most people read the games they're in) really close to deadline. It was a ridiculous suggestion because no one was going to take a serious look at it that late in the Day, and even if they did they'd be putting stock in a theory based entirely on meta. I think you knew that no one would do it (I mean, you didn't even ask to see if anyone had) and you just want to take townie cred for having suggested it, 'cause boy did you call it.

Thinking the scum are

Marc, KeeKee,

Not quite sure the third.

Only two scum in this game. Glad you're paying attention though.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Unvote

I liked Tandora's last few posts. They don't exactly clear her, but there's not much else to say right now.

This doesn't make any sense unless you already knew Summoner was town before he was lynched. All you had to support that idea was some meta based on some other game, which you even acknowledge didn't actually clear him. My point is that if you just wanted to put him on hold until later in the game when were you planning on dealing with it? I submit that deciding mylo or lylo is a good time to lynch him would have been, um, a terrible idea.
I was really sure of him being Town, sure enough to not lynch him first thing. I didn't exactly expect Day 2 to be this bad in terms of pressure, but I never intended to deal with him at all. I tend to be non-committal at times because I'm just not sure enough yet... so I'm not dwelling on this because it was a good call, I'm dwelling on it because it should have been more obvious to others as well.

While I hold you responsible, you did go a long way into making a case. If you genuinely saw him as scum... I made the same mistake with Cello, except it turned out to be a power role. I suppose Starshy's part concerns me more. Rather than keep you on the defensive about Day 1, what do you suggest we do toDay?

You suggested that people go read an entire game (would you agree that's maybe a little time consuming? I don't think most people read the games they're in) really close to deadline.
They would only have to reread Summoner's posts really. Geez, the game was the same size as this one. =/

vote Marc

I'm shooting Starshy toNight.
*facepalm*

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I just thought about it more in the shower.

With Tandora's recent defense, I want to believe her. I can't lynch her in good conscience now. Cello is confirmed Town, has experience with her and doesn't believe she is the play. Not only that, I'm assuming the Mafia killed Kataefi to incriminate her. It would be simple to lean back and let me take it from there considering my stance on Day 1.

Assuming Tandora is Town, why did KEEKEE go out of his way so much to lynch Summoner? That too makes a whole lot less sense now, although I wouldn't put it beyond them. Maybe the initial expectation was that Tandora would die, with KEEKEE being on a different bandwagon to further pursue on Day 2. He also didn't seem to mind me attacking Tandora again. Hm...

However, Starshy sticks out the most. Tandora's recent post is an accurate representation of what he has done IMO.

Vote: Starshy

Starshy/KEEKEE is what I'm betting on now. If we lynch scum toDay, Cello should take out KevinM at Night because no one can say anything about him for better or for worse. The final Day will be 2 vs 1 in case Kevin is Town.

KEEKEE

Kirby King|Evil Eye
Rather than keep you on the defensive about Day 1, what do you suggest we do toDay?
If we lynch scum toDay, Cello should take out KevinM at Night because no one can say anything about him for better or for worse. The final Day will be 2 vs 1 in case Kevin is Town.
IMO we should lynch you for blatantly directing the CPR doc, among other things. Not voting because that would put you at L-1 which is bad news in mylo.

For the record I haven't really found Tando scummy. The vibe I've gotten from her is that she hasn't been thinking things through (pretty much from the first list of questions she asked). Haven't commented on it because last I spoke to other half he hadn't read Tando's last posts and he's leaned more scum on her than I have.

IMO it's Marc and Starshy/Kevin. Dunno which.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I think we're okay if we have narrowed down the suspects to three people.

Let's say we mislynch a townie. That puts us 3 to 2.
At night phase scum is gonna kill a townie, but CPR is gonna nail one of the scum. That leaves 2-1.
Next day phase we'll know who our scum is and lynch him.
As long as we get scum at either day or night phase, we win.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
IMO we should lynch you for blatantly directing the CPR doc, among other things. Not voting because that would put you at L-1 which is bad news in mylo.
You don't have to respond to every piece of bait I lay out there. =[

On a more serious note, I doubt CPR mindgames with Mafia are gonna be anything less than risky. Dictating Cello's actions might be better than trusting him to do the right thing, considering Night 1. I'd rather have him act as Vigilante with everyone taking a stance and him deciding from there than him trying to protect someone (still assuming that's what he did). This doesn't have to be a persuasion war, but I find it weird you'd have trouble with expressing opinions considering you're all about the endgame (big reason for you to vote Summoner). If his role was just protection I'd agree to just leave him alone and let him play the mindgame, but this is a double-edged sword that has done nothing but backfire so far. It's not like he's gonna listen to me in the first place, so why jump on this so much?

Also, I only have one vote, not three. The danger of a bandwagon is real though, so I guess I appreciate you waiting.

For the record I haven't really found Tando scummy. The vibe I've gotten from her is that she hasn't been thinking things through (pretty much from the first list of questions she asked). Haven't commented on it because last I spoke to other half he hadn't read Tando's last posts and he's leaned more scum on her than I have.
Fair enough, I guess. Not really something we can verify, but that comes with the hydra.

I think we're okay if we have narrowed down the suspects to three people.

Let's say we mislynch a townie. That puts us 3 to 2.
At night phase scum is gonna kill a townie, but CPR is gonna nail one of the scum. That leaves 2-1.
Next day phase we'll know who our scum is and lynch him.
As long as we get scum at either day or night phase, we win.
I think everyone is agreeing to lynching Starshy at the moment, who is still eerily quiet. I want to hear his defense, but if this is the consensus, he has to go.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Guys, we got this!

1)Everyone vote Starshy. Starshy vote for yourself even if you're town.
2)Cello gets a night kill on Marc or KevinM.
3)If we go to day 3, we lynch whoever Cello didn't target.
4)????
5) Profit!

[/b]Vote Starshy

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 18, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 4/6 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 1:
Marc: Cello_Marl (
)
§tarshy: Marc, Tandora (
)
Not Voting: KEEKEE, KevinM, §tarshy (
)

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
sorry, i haven't been able to read the thread today. ive had some serious family issues so i havent been on swf. dunno where marshys been. be back on all cylinders tomorrow

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm fine with this plan

Cello if you read this just follow it out.

Lynch Starshy.

Shoot Keekee.

We then lynch Marc.

Should be the game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Unvote Vote Starshy

I'm shooting Marc, but if he somehow is town, then I'd recommend lynching...KEEKEE over Kevin. It shouldn't get to that point, Tanny, but if it does, good luck. Don't accept "He hasn't talked" as a reasonable argument; force them to knife-fight. And vote for anyone that even remotely suggests you might be scum.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, just in case it matters, I killed Kat.

I did it because of Day 4 of Nothing Special, where he was STILL considering it possible that I was scum after it was shown that it was essentially impossible for me to be scummates with the most obvious scum possible, Summoner, and he was still having doubts when it could only be 2 possible teams; me/Starshy and Summoner/Macman. I killed Kat because the other scum could have manipulated him into giving them the victory with what I consider to be relative ease, even at 5 v 1. Because Tanny would be the lynch toDay instead of Starshy, and because the last Day would have been too terrible to even think about.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Ugh.

I agree to lynching KEEKEE over Kevin, but I hope Cello shoots him instead of me. Maybe he'll have more reason to do so when Starshy flips scum (which I really hope he does).

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Ends & Night 2 Begins!

Day 2 Vote Count 2:
§tarshy: Marc, Tandora, KevinM, Cello_Marl (
)
Not Voting: KEEKEE, §tarshy (
)

§tarshy, She-Wolf, Werewolf has been lynched!

Night 2 Actions are due April 14, 2010 11:59AM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 2 Ends & Day 3 Begins!

Cello_Marl
, CPR Sorcerer has been killed!

Deadline has been set for April 20, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 3/4 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 0:
Not Voting: KEEKEE, KevinM, Marc, Tandora (
)

Top Bottom