• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got no respect as a Marth main.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I'm not going to reply to this thread.

Edit: Dangit. Anyways I think Teran should lay off for a while and robot should cool down.

Denzi

Smash Master
W/E.I am truley at a loss as to why you care what we think. This is the internet, there'll always be people that you don't like/agree with. I don't see how you can't just accept that fact.

cman

Smash Ace
Ha. Ha. Ha. Teenage angst. Also, no one has ever once said anything to me for maining marth.

Smackledorf

Smash Rookie
I actually dislike Sheik players the most. I feel like she's the easiest to play. Eugh...Sheik mains. lolprejudice. But I don't judge them. One of my friends was a Sheik main, and still a good friend of mine.

Don't give up on Marth. He owns everyone. Just fourstock them and watch them throw a hissy fit. No Marth johns.

I very much dislike Sheik's as well.

What's wrong with using Marth? He pwns!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i have litterally never seen you insult anybody for any reason other than being a marth main.
What's funny to me is that I just came out of a blog a few spots higher than this one where you make fun of Gimpyfish just because he used to main Bowser...
If you can't take it don't dish it out!

Also, yeah, **** you Marths and your 70-30 advantage or more on every character I play! :mad:

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
I did that because he did to prove the tier list wrong. only reason. he used bowser because he Direct Quote:
"I started to main bowser, because I wanted to prove that bowser doesn't suck."

I tried Marth because I liked him.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He also later said that the only way to be good with a character like Bowser was to admit that that character was not a good character. It was in one of his youtube videos, though I saw it so long ago I can't remember the exact quote offhand.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play Marth though (though I will if/when my Kirby faces you in a tourny...).

EDIT: Also why is one reason better than another to main a character?

Tennet

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish wanted to prove a point that you can be good with whoever, did he whine when people said anything about him? No, he just continued to pwn.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey guys, this just in:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
He also later said that the only way to be good with a character like Bowser was to admit that that character was not a good character. It was in one of his youtube videos, though I saw it so long ago I can't remember the exact quote offhand.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play Marth though (though I will if/when my Kirby faces you in a tourny...).
no he said to accept that your character is not perfect no matter how much you like them and you need to make sure that you know his or her weaknesses and strengths.

if he uses a certain character don't judge him for it. this is directed towards everyone. if he uses Marth then let him use Marth. if you have a problem then honestly just freakin deal with it. if you can't deal with it then go home and waste the rest of your lives crying about it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
no he said to accept that your character is not perfect no matter how much you like them and you need to make sure that you know his or her weaknesses and strengths.

if he uses a certain character don't judge him for it. this is directed towards everyone. if he uses Marth then let him use Marth. if you have a problem then honestly just freakin deal with it. if you can't deal with it then go home and waste the rest of your lives crying about it.
Oops, my bad. I thought he'd said in there that Bowser was a bad character, but as I stated before, I saw that a long time ago and don't really remember it too well, so I'm probably wrong.

As for the second paragraph... wow...
I was joking...
Look at my icon. I play Kirby. Kirby's worst matchup: Marth, hence the comment... (It's not like you can actually stop anyone from playing a certain character anyway.)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You're right, we're obviously "not letting him" even if we are seriously ridiculing him for being a Marth main.

I excuse misinterpretation of things when people are unclear about if they're joking or not, especially since I make the same mistake frequently. When someone says it right out, or makes it obvious, it's not excusable. Teran was joking. Fromundaman was joking too. Settle down, get a sense of humor, and suck it up.

Browny

Smash Hater
probably not required...

But I dont particularly like marth mains. This is not about you furosious so dont take it personally.

Its just that for the first maybe 6 months of brawl, Marth mains have always talked about how godly he is. the matchup threads of old were basically 60:40 vs everyone unless proven otherwise with a few 70:30's as well. When it was apparent that MK, snake, falco, DDD, G&W and even Wario/ROB could be better than Marth, Marth mains would start to have a john about how its not fair. I remember so many posts complaining about MK, snake, G&W safe kill moves, DDD/Falco instant advantage on majority of the cast by pressing Z, and wario/rob being too heavy to have a good recovery. Of course this is just the way I remember it, but it seemd to me that Marth mains thought that it wasnt fair that there are more better characters in brawl. Just because he was god in melee, apparantly it wasnt fair to his mains that he got nerfed. Marth is no more deserving of being a top tier character than ANYONE ELSE.

when people have a whinge about other characters being too good, while thiers is already very good, well that just doesnt sit too well with me. Also remember people im not having a go at marth mains today... its just that was the impression i got when I first joined SWF, and first impressions last

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
I like it when people use a marth or an ike. It's real easy to beat them. but, if there a JIGGLYPUFF, thats hardcore.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm lol'ing so hard right now.

"Teran, seriously, I don't think this is a joke anymore. I think you seriously hate me just because of who I main."

Are you ****ing kidding me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess most Marth mains thinks there the **** so I guess that's why some people don't like you?

D

Deleted member

C'mon it's the Internet! How many intelligent people do you think are here?!

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I hate Marth, but not Marth mains.

Even though I hate him, I can deal with him, so I don't really care.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
You're right, we're obviously "not letting him" even if we are seriously ridiculing him for being a Marth main.

I excuse misinterpretation of things when people are unclear about if they're joking or not, especially since I make the same mistake frequently. When someone says it right out, or makes it obvious, it's not excusable. Teran was joking. Fromundaman was joking too. Settle down, get a sense of humor, and suck it up.
but when i'm joking i'm an idiot? i know everyone was joking i was just acting like the serious guy who ruins the joke. i read their posts and i knew they were joking, you calm down.

Salarara

Smash Rookie
Marth's kinda sex though, so this whole subject is lame.

But seriously, giving up userblogs and Smash World Forums is no big deal, but changing your main for some persons on a forum.. I mean grow a pair already =./

Scott!

Smash Lord
You know what? I'm going to please you arrogant jerks.
I am not using marth anymore. Happy? No more marth for me.
Hey, wait a second, don't go switching your main because some people don't know how awesome he is! Marth is awesome, and no one should keep you from maining him if you want. If he's the one you're best with, then you're hurting yourself by switching.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I insult Marth mains to cover up the fact that I draw Yaoi art of Marth and use it for my fantasies. No lies Robot dude, now stop crying and give me a hug.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
......FR, you truly, truly are.... nah, I'm a Lucario. I'm gonna stay chillllllllll...... but seriously. Why not show us a post of someone's comment towards you? I really don't care whether you use Meta-Knight or Marth. I seriously don't get why you should be so caring about what people say....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Say hello to the newest Toon Link main to hit Smashboards!!
Lets give him a hand folks! *claps*
Toon Link mains take it up the ***!!11!1one!1! :mad::mad::mad:

And they like Shotacon! :mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom