• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Coney

Smash Master
if infinites AND SMALL-STEPS are illegal it's like 6-4, maybe 55-45

people still just have outdated opinions on the MU

dk's sooooooooooo stroooooooooooooooooong

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
You're doing it wrong. You either need to dash sooner, grab later, or just shield cancel the whole thing (recommended). If you don't know what that means, dash>shield>grab. Standing grabs have more range than dash grabs (and D3 doesn't tumble across the floor if he misses).

Coney

Smash Master
if you know someone's going to jab you out of a CG and you keep messing up, just fsmash them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbKkp1DjrcM#t=2m10s

oh yes

since peach's is faster she might be able to powershield but that's if she doesn't panic. even if she shields it...lol it's peach, she won't kill you anyway and it'll scare her from doing it anymore

EDIT - didn't see marth there...if a marth is jabbing you out of CG something terrible is going wrong, just shield the jab and grab after. if he's upb'ing, either get the timing down (preferred) or start bthrowing (the non-technical coney way)

Laem

Smash Champion
I usually shield the upb and then fair him
not that thats good or anything but it makes the other guy feel like he got read pretty badly

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no he cannot, hes just not programmed to allow him a slide out of glide tossing either. He cant dacus but he gets a small slide out of a JC usmash tho.

His basic pivot grab tho does have a small slide.

standing grab

pivot grab

Lovecraft

Smash Apprentice
Hi, little new to my Dedede main, and was hoping someone can help me with the Rob matchup. Problem I keep having is I can't seem to get a good grab on him and he's a heavy camper. Should I not worry so much bout CGing and try more Bairs and Dairs? Or should I try to approach?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Good luck with that goal. It takes much more than just that against Olimar. Grabbing is near universal for us when up close.

If I ever give myself the time, I'll give a proper solution later on.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Nah, I'm always MK. Coney said that he's really good vs Olimar so I wanted to know how he fights Olimar.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
hey guys... with DDD. You can basicallyy grab everything you powersheild.. correct?

Also... when DDD is at perfect grab range, other characters are just out of grab range correct? This makes their only options:

1.Attack
2.Spotdodge

Which can all be grabbed... correct?
lol if im incorrect plz correct me. thanks

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
If we shield a poorly spaced G&W turtle... is it best to grab after the 5th hit or the landing hit?
Lost to a G&W last tourney and ended up 7th. I know it's not too bad a matchup for Dedede but I'm more used to playing Marth v G&W and up-Bing when he turtles my shield. Thanks.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DDD/GW is like even. Arguably slightly in GWs favor but eh.

I always just try to shield grab after the last hit or wait to see what they would do as a follow up. Sometimes it puts you in a better position to just wait since the turtle is nearly unpunishable if they space it correctly. You just have to be VERY patient in this MU. That often means resetting the situation.

My question to you guys:

Which style of DDD do you guys relate better to:

Junk: Technical and precise.

Atomsk: Overall balanced and smart.

Coney: Unconventional and free-flowing?

Just curious. I see my DDD being heavilt influenced by Coney's style tbh.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
That's a good question.

I think I'm most influenced by Atomsk's style, because I play patient and wait for openings, with a lot of ground game. However, I have a bit of unconventionality as well, and have been picking up a lot more of that free-flowing style recently for some reason.

I'd say right now it's somewhere between the two. More of a smart, very reactive, and punishment focused mindset.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Smexy D3. I liked Waddle Doo electricity > fsmash in game 3 :3

Is D3 considered a good doubles character? I'm tossing up between Marth and D3... I usually stock tank with Marth anyway so I'm inclined to go D3 as he's better at it but interested to hear some opinions.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's a good question.

I think I'm most influenced by Atomsk's style, because I play patient and wait for openings, with a lot of ground game. However, I have a bit of unconventionality as well, and have been picking up a lot more of that free-flowing style recently for some reason.

I'd say right now it's somewhere between the two. More of a smart, very reactive, and punishment focused mindset.
I feel thats where I'm at also but I kind of lean a little more towards the "Coney" style. Though I play a reactive and ground based game as well.

@Pezza: D3 makes a great doubles partner in my opinion. He plays the support role really well and makes a prime choice as a stock tank. If your partner is more assertive/good at getting the kills then D3 would make a great teammate there. D3 is my preferred doubles character because of these traits. I'm pretty defensive so it makes holding stock easy. And his D-Throw is excellent for starting combos. If you can play the support role go for it.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Thank you for that answer TC. My usual partners usually do get most of the kills; it's not unusual for the end numbers to be 2 KOs to me/4 to them or 1 to me/5 to them. But I imagine that Dedede would be trying to stay out of the fray a bit, keeping it to 1-on-1s until an oppotunity to support his partner arises? His large frame and natural tendency to get juggled/comboed lead me to think this. That would be his main issue.

Finished watching Laem's matches. LOL double up-b spike too good.

ZTD | TECHnology

No problem and:

Yes, you generally want to avoid being in the middle because it is very easy for us to get hit being such a large target. Know when to get involved to help your teammate but know when to spot a bad situation for you and how to get out. And being in communication with your teammate is especially important since in D3s case you can easy eat a lot of damage.

D3's main issues in doubles are being a huge target and his ability to land kills. He has good kills moves but landing them by himself like in singles can be troublesome. I usually find myself with less kills than my partner.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I find that a lot of times, my partners can trap opponents into bad situations and I can stay close and read a spot code or roll or something for an easy kill. That's how I get many of my kills in doubles with D3. Watch as your partner limits options, and cover the ones that are open.

He's a very good character in doubles, and I find that playing defensively with most partners is best. You HAVE to not take damage. That is KEY. My best double results came from teaming with an extremely aggro mk player who I ALWAYS let lead. Then, I supported by keeping stocks and punishing people who tried to punish him, giving a ton of damage, conserving my stocks, and protecting my partner all at the same time. I feel that's when he's at his best.

Top Bottom