• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goodbye, Sticky thread, Gaithersburg, MD, Oct 17 2009

Deez.

Smash Lord
I doubt I enter anything... I quit brawl. and I'm only entering because of my teammate for teams. I highly doubt I'll enter singles... can I give my points to anyone?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Don't change the format for amateurs Tant, that was the whole point of showing up to CIRCUIT EVENTS and EARNING POINTS, if you didn't show then too bad, get the seed you get for not having points. Not anyone's fault but your own, things should not be changed to convenience those who don't show up to anything.

hova

Smash Champion
Don't change the format for amateurs Tant, that was the whole point of showing up to CIRCUIT EVENTS and EARNING POINTS, if you didn't show then too bad, get the seed you get for not having points. Not anyone's fault but your own, things should not be changed to convenience those who don't show up to anything.
i mean ranking by skill would benefit people like you much more than people like me. if me and Candy have to play early on in Winner's bracket there are gonna be a lot of sad faces in loser's bracket who will be getting eliminated much earlier than they should be

i personally don't care since i'm good enough to get top8 even in a tough amateur bracket. but you will probably lose to someone good in second round of winner's and will immediately have another tough match in loser's

the point of showing up to circuit events and earning points was to get enough points to bypass the amateur bracket completely and start in the Pro bracket. the people who placed well at circuit events are rewarded with starting out in the Pro bracket. no one else has really earned any kind of reward

meepxzero

Smash Master
Im pretty sure they are gonna be lenient if there are gonna be a good amount of top players coming to this (skill level > points earned). It dont really matter to me. If you wanna win a tourney expect to beat everyone there.

I agree its pretty dumb to use any points earned if u didnt get into pro bracket. What if ally decided to show? it would pretty much screw everyone that barely didnt make the cut off into pro.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
i mean ranking by skill would benefit people like you much more than people like me. if me and Candy have to play early on in Winner's bracket there are gonna be a lot of sad faces in loser's bracket who will be getting eliminated much earlier than they should be

i personally don't care since i'm good enough to get top8 even in a tough amateur bracket. but you will probably lose to someone good in second round of winner's and will immediately have another tough match in loser's

the point of showing up to circuit events and earning points was to get enough points to bypass the amateur bracket completely and start in the Pro bracket. the people who placed well at circuit events are rewarded with starting out in the Pro bracket. no one else has really earned any kind of reward
My whole point was to see people disappointed though :]

Lol but really, if skill seed = fairer seeding though then I'll support that, I misunderstood.
If you wanna win a tourney expect to beat everyone there.

Stop grabbing me then.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I agree with this, stick with the rules.. D:

hova

Smash Champion
i think we've all learned our lesson about giving Korn's ideas any form of respect or attention

Zucco

Smash Master
hmm.........maybe. My chances of making it outta that Amateur Bracket aren't too good though D: I'll see if I can even get a ride to this first.

hova

Smash Champion
Hov' on that new ****, *****z like "How come?"
*****z want my old ****, buy my old album
*****z stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it movin
*****z make the same ****, me I make +The Blueprint+
Came in the Range, hopped out that Lexus
Every year since, I been on that next ****
Traded in the gold for the platinum Rolexes
Now a ***** wrist match the status of my records
Used to rock a throwback, ballin on the corner
Now I rock a teller suit, lookin like a owner
No I'm not a Jonas, Brother I'm a grown-up
No I'm not a virgin, I use my cojones
I move onward, the only direction
Can't be scared to fail, searchin perfection
Gotta keep it fresh girl, even when we sexin
But don't be mad at him when he's on to the next one

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important Post About Slight Changes

Hey everyone,

Alright I've decided to slightly change the planking rule. We're gonna have a 50 grab limit, with no limitations on consecutive grabbing.

Consecutive grabs is too difficult to enforce. I can't watch every match against an Ice Climber player or every match with an MK in it.

I've drastically lowered the ledge count because of this. The ledge count will ONLY BE ENFORCED IF THE TIMER RUNS. If the timer runs, and the opponent thinks that the grab limit is in question, it is their duty to investigate it and not hit start on their controller until it has been checked. If you forget and you get past the results screen, too bad for you.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
hey Everyone,

Alright I've Decided To Slightly Change The Planking Rule. We're Gonna Have A 50 Grab Limit, With No Limitations On Consecutive Grabbing.

Consecutive Grabs Is Too Difficult To Enforce. I Can't Watch Every Match Against An Ice Climber Player Or Every Match With An Mk In It.

I've Drastically Lowered The Ledge Count Because Of This. The Ledge Count Will Only Be Enforced If The Timer Runs. If The Timer Runs, And The Opponent Thinks That The Grab Limit Is In Question, It Is Their Duty To Investigate It And Not Hit Start On Their Controller Until It Has Been Checked. If You Forget And You Get Past The Results Screen, Too Bad For You.
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,

Alright I've decided to slightly change the planking rule. We're gonna have a 50 grab limit, with no limitations on consecutive grabbing.

Consecutive grabs is too difficult to enforce. I can't watch every match against an Ice Climber player or every match with an MK in it.

I've drastically lowered the ledge count because of this. The ledge count will ONLY BE ENFORCED IF THE TIMER RUNS. If the timer runs, and the opponent thinks that the grab limit is in question, it is their duty to investigate it and not hit start on their controller until it has been checked. If you forget and you get past the results screen, too bad for you.
I am still going to plank you all

junebug

Smash Journeyman
cant wait for this!

pro bracket looks mad stacked D.: i dont really care about my placing in it, since virtually everyone is an amazing player lolz.

Famous

Smash Champion
Hmmm...Interesting...Kadaj, lets go?...We have to make something happen within 9 days so we can go to this...

We missed a good 6 months worth of MD/VA tourneys, lets break the chain

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Wow this tourney is really getting some hype.

Triangle.

Top Bottom