• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goodbye, Sticky thread, Gaithersburg, MD, Oct 17 2009

Coney

Smash Master
here's to hoping that greg and i can weasel our way into the pro bracket

at worst, we get top seed in the amateur bracket

so w/e w/e

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea but this time its different, and ill explain to you why.

theres a 16 man pro bracket. those 16 people have to BE THERE at the venue, and everyone else gets put in the "amatuer" bracket. if some of those 16 people arent there, like say ADHD and Atomsk, then the NEXT 2 people will be put in the pro bracket automatically.

the amateur bracket starts, and then ADHD and Atomsk show up mid way saying they wanna be in the pro bracket. now theres too many people to fill the top 16, and the 2 people who were "bumped up", are now "left out" of the amateur bracket because it's already started, solely because adhd and atomsk didnt enter.

thats what im trying to avoid because itll be a disaster

also, "getting out" of the amateur bracket shouldnt be terribly hard, considering the top 16 of the amateurs will make it. who knows if more than 16 people outside of the pro bracket will even show up?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
yea but this time its different, and ill explain to you why.

theres a 16 man pro bracket. those 16 people have to BE THERE at the venue, and everyone else gets put in the "amatuer" bracket. if some of those 16 people arent there, like say ADHD and Atomsk, then the NEXT 2 people will be put in the pro bracket automatically.

the amateur bracket starts, and then ADHD and Atomsk show up mid way saying they wanna be in the pro bracket. now theres too many people to fill the top 16, and the 2 people who were "bumped up", are now "left out" of the amateur bracket, solely because adhd and atomsk didnt enter.

thats what im trying to avoid because itll be a disaster
Okay, well I have their numbers so a simple call to see where they are and when they will arrive will solve that problem.

Coney

Smash Master
if this were any other community i'd normally say people could just grow a set and not let people enter late

but that never happens

so oooooh well, we'll see what happens

also, "getting out" of the amateur bracket shouldnt be terribly hard, considering the top 16 of the amateurs will make it. who knows if more than 16 people outside of the pro bracket will even show up?
only the top 8 of the amateur bracket, top 16 would be a cinch

still not difficult, especially with most of the heavy hitters out of the picture, but a big difference

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If i've entered people automatically-

I won't change it back. If g-reg and coney get bumped up and we start amateurs- there will be no reversal. I'm stressing that everyone needs to be AT THE VENUE AT 12PM.

CHUDAT, IF YOU ARE NOT AT THE VENUE ON TIME, YOU WONT GET ENTERED. (And anyone else who is chronically late)

However, if you call me, and say "i'm on my way, please make sure i'm entered, i'm definitely gonna be there" then yes, we're good

As of now Greg, i've asked everyone in pro bracket and they all seem like they're gonna show, but many are still iffy

Thanks btw, HAT is bumped to amateurs for now

g-regulate

Smash Hero
theres a difference between letting someone enter "late" and letting someone enter "after 1st round matches have already started".

sometimes ive let people enter "late", but only if it doesnt mess with the bracket. i just put them in a part of the bracket where 1st round matches havent begun. that way the bracket doesnt mess up. its after the tournament has already begun that being late is a big problem

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
right, agreed, basically if you're coming for pros and you can't be there right on time, I need to know about it, ASAP that day

or just be here on time

Once i get the amateurs rolling, i've already committed the pro bracket 16, so it can't be edited for pro entries without completely redoing amateurs. So there will be no forgiveness to pros who don't make it on time or don't call me before then.

amateurs can enter late i suppose if its not trouble, but if it is, tough luck

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
All I can say about people not showing is- Don't count on it. From what I've heard all 16 players are trying to be here.

hova

Smash Champion
i luv how i have absolutely no points

letz goez amateur bracket

greg we teaming or not?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
you know why you dont have points right ? you never placed that high or maybe you never attended the ones that were circuit

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
NKB, you're near bottom seed because you have no points! (Get *****!)

You'll just have to prove yourself by taking on the masses. You got this!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So, the pro bracket is for the top 16, and the amateur bracket is for everyone?

Or is the pro bracket for the top 16, and amateur HAT through NinjaLink with nobody else allowed to enter?

hova

Smash Champion
amateur bracket is for anyone who shows up to the tourney without enough points for the Pro bracket

Top Bottom