• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta GOML 2016 (Top 96) Impressions

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Reminder: Zero had a hand injury and was completely out of the game for months.

If he wins one more set he's guaranteed top 8 which may be below his standards but is still a respectable achievement given the circumstances.

:059:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Honestly I expected ZeRo to lose

But not get destroyed holy ****

Hopefully he trains up and gets his skills back up to par from his finger injury.

I don't think you can really call beating him at this tournament to be fully legit because he's obviously not at his best.

And no, don't use The Big House 5 as an exception. That was a mental problem, not an actual physical issue that prevents his from, y'know, controlling his characters properly that also prevented him from practicing for several weeks/couple months

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
He'd have to play either PikaPika! or the winner of Holy-San. So, if all goes well, ZeRo might get double-eliminated by Cloud...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So, Seagull Joe, Vinnie, Nairo x2, and now Mew2King are the only people to ever take sets off ZeRo from 2015 onwards, correct?
And M2K and Seagull Joe are the only ones now who have taken straight sets off of ZeRo IIRC, Seagull with the 2-0 and now M2K with the 3-0.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Goddammit, I missed it. Still, I'll be very surprised if PikaPika, Holy or San can beat ZeRo, even if he's below his usual level.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
San's definitely showing what Ike can do, even if he's already highly regarded (in everywhere but Japan that is)

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Gah of course San gets the Diddy.

My observation of solo Corrin not doing that well at majors seems to be continuing so far. Cool to see that a Shulk and Little Mac made it though.
Eh, Corrin still has probably one of the least developed meta's out of any character in the game ( one of two newest characters, and the vastly lesser played of the two). Also, none of the solo mains here were of exceptional note ( Ie, Cosmos, Ryuga, Hakii). Still seeing that many internationally unknown solo mains make it out of pools speaks very good for Corrin. It's probably more that local players vs international threats happened. Side note the shulk ,robin/ corrin , and the mac doe.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Holy doing an incredible job at showing what a bad and non-underrated character ROB is

> Great spacing throughout the whole set
> Very solid fundamentals
> No glaring mistakes
> Get bodied by mid tier

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Here we go Kels vs. DKWill! I am excited!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Darkwolf 3-1 Yoh

F E E L I N G I T

|RK|

Smash Marketer
And DK Will over SuperGirlKels! Poor matchups mean nothing today!

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Dammit Darkwolf if you keep it up I'm gonna have to reexamine my opinions on Shulk and that's a hassle.

Kels out to DKWill 3-0.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
DKWill 3-0s SuperGirlKels with Ding Dong after Ding Dong!

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Since when is Diddy Shulk's worst matchup? Fox, Sheik and Sonic are worse.

Great achievement either way.

Diddy is shulks worst MU by a long shot. Fox is on par with it, but a good diddy who banana camps can utterly destroy him. This is commonly agreead along the shulk community. Sonic and shiek arent worse than diddy

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda weird to see a Pikachu and Ike in top 16 and it's neither ESAM nor Ryo.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
San 3-2 PikaPika in a close set

Astro 3-0 False

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That set was too close. But game 1 in particular show why some Ikes think we have a slight edge over Pika in the MU. Its just the difference in kill times that does it.

As long as Pika doesn't get a gimp in that is.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Alphicans KO Punches iStudying into 17th in a 3-2 set.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Alphicans takes it over iStudying 3-2

Finished him off with the KO punch

Last edited:
Top Bottom