• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta GOML 2016 (Top 96) Impressions

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
WHAAAA??? I just assumed iStudying was gonna win lol. Totally missed that set.
This is why you use multitwitch or a HTML5 alternative like twitchtheater. :p

Alphicans vs. Darkwolf now. Welp, one underdog is about to drop dead regardless of who wins... Also, the Lucario who beat False, Astro, just lost to Ksev.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
ZeRo 3-0 San

Alphicans 3-0 Darkwolf

N O T G O O D

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
And ANTi 3-0s DKWill with one of his many secondaries

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I think we might actually be to the point where :4greninja: is overrated. The :4sheik: excuse was plausible, but just hasn't panned out.
On a similar note, :4littlemac: is definitely underrated at this point

He definitely has juice

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
It's 2-2 now

Alphicans literally had Nairo on the ropes but Nairo managed to clutch it out with the Uair elevator

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Alphicans takes Nairo to last hit, goes down. Nairo wins 3-2.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's 2-2 now

Alphicans literally had Nairo on the ropes but Nairo managed to clutch it out with the Uair elevator
Seriously. The Upair ladder is like a KO punch at any time. Mac couldn't get out with nair, upB, counter, nothing? :(
That was such an intense set. Gotta respect Alphicans for how much work he put in with Mac.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
And Ally backs up the Twitter trash talk with a 3-1. Still, I was mighty impressed by Leo's Marth taking a game off Ally's Mario. Marth is placing too consistently to consider him bad anymore.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Leo loses to Ally, 3-1, Leo goes MK game 1 and 2, losing both games, with game 2 being a 2-stock. He then switches to Marth, wins game 3, and then loses game 4.

So someone told me the MK vs Mario MU is even? Lol k.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
so Mew2King just lost 2-3 to Leffen

very possible he's gonna get steamrolled by Lurr

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This tourney is OD lol blowup city now I need Leo to blow up zero or Ally and have him fight m2k in grands.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I studying lost? He must've had a lot of jet lag, also he was under a lot of pressure. To add to this, he probably also shot himself in the foot and had to limp to the set, already 2 games down.

Greninja is still top 15 guys

Megamang

Smash Lord
Not ready to write ninja off because he lost to Larry Lurr and a MU he probably has little experience in.

However, I will admit iStudying's performance has been disappointing.

But this tournament is so insanely stacked its hard to glean anything from it except that everyone needs to continually step their game up to have a chance.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
I'm with Ninety Ninety here ... currently thinking I need to take another look at Shulk. Sure Darkwolf lost 3-0 to Alphicans, but this is the man who turned around and went to game 5 against Nairo, Beat Istudying, and JJRockets. 13th against this kind of competition is no joke.

Not only does Sol have a run for his money for best Mac, we have multiple competent Macs - Sol, Alphicans, and isn't there a Mexican Mac named Choco or something?

Marth continues to impress me. Tons of footage of him from Ally, Leo, False, and of course Mr. E.

@san. ... Simply amazing.

Megamang Megamang Istudying has fought Sodrek before.. even at beast 6.

Last edited:

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Greninja even being top 20 was kinda of a stretch before this too. Now its kinda revealing that Greninja isn't really that great considering his results are inconsistent every where and lower than some Greninja mains put him near (like Rob/Ike/Megaman for example).

Unless Greninja mains actually power up and start getting decent consistent results I can't say with any confidence that this character is high or even higher end of mid tier.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering. When was the last time we saw a Cloud actually use Finishing Touch in singles?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Larry Lurr 3-2 Mew2King, Game 5 was the only real blowout with a shine spike of all things lol

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaand the year is 20XX for M2K

Gotta go work, but damn if this hasn't been a great tournament. I'm still rooting for ZeRo. Hope they upload the replays promptly.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
To be fair, it was plausible to think :4greninja: was that good, just like it was plausible to call :4pikachu: top 10. At some point, you accrue enough contradictory observations that you have to modify your theory. If OSfrog isn't there yet, he will be soon. No need to make fun of anyone unless current trends persist and they continue to defy the data.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ally is probably gonna take the homefield advantage all the way to victory but between M2K, Nairo, Mr r, Leo, Zero and Larry it's borderline impossible to tell who's gonna take what place among the remaining top 8 spots.

:059:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Ally is probably gonna take the homefield advantage all the way to victory but between M2K, Nairo, Mr r, Leo, Zero and Larry it's borderline impossible to tell who's gonna take what place among the remaining top 8 spots.

:059:
I agree with this

ZeRo is playing pretty evenly with Ramin atm so it may not be best to count him out, idk

Megamang

Smash Lord
AnEventHorizon AnEventHorizon

I said "AND a MU he has little experience in" ie little mac. Which, even as a problem MU for Gren, wouldn't be damning.

I will say the powershield consistency of top level play could be a big problem for his slow startup aerials.

Before you consider this proof of Greninja's downfall, ask yourself this... would iStudying win with Mario/Diddy/Shiek? These are amazing players. He is great, but these are demigods at this point. zero is in fkin losers bracket. with nairo.

Not saying this is an argument for greninja being top 15, but having one rep fall off in the most stacked tournament to date isn't damning. No one is on the level of these top guys. Except Leo perhaps, which is badass.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
ZeRo controls game 5 effectively, defeats Mr. R 3-2.

Leo vs. ZeRo is happening next.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
C'mon Leo, show these fools that MK is top tier

EDIT:And I am adding MK as my secondary now before he wins GOML because then people will say "Bandwagoning noob" even though I play him for fun like all the time

Last edited:
Top Bottom