• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God **** It! (pardon the pun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Be careful and try not to be seen as manipulating the minds of others. Children will generally tell anything they here so even if they believe you, you can get in major trouble.

That'd be a bad way to let the truth slip. Just tell your parents you have strong personal beliefs on why it isn't correct and hopefully since they made the leap of faith to believe Christianity they will believe something similar so you don't believe it.

Publishers Notice: Do not do the above. It will likely get you in a lot of trouble and excommunicated or manditorily force to go to a place of worship but would make a hilarious Youtube clip.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Question: why was Heartz not punished for blatant proselytizing, yet Alex was temp-banned for a very sound refutation of it?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Be wary. If you fake sick, your parents will expect you to stay sick, just keep that in mind.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
This describes my summer very well... :psycho:

Very Christian parents wanting their son (atheist thought to be christian) to help with vbs.

Even though I didnt want to go, I actually enjoyed the experience and did not teach against God, or for God either though. IMO you shouldn't share your views at such a young age, since they are probably constantly changing (and "wrong" lol).

Advice: Never tell your parents that you're an atheist, I thought mine would leave me alone, but now I go to every church event, ever. Now I pretend i'm christian again.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
This describes my summer very well... :psycho:

Very Christian parents wanting their son (atheist thought to be christian) to help with vbs.

Even though I didnt want to go, I actually enjoyed the experience and did not teach against God, or for God either though. IMO you shouldn't share your views at such a young age, since they are probably constantly changing (and "wrong" lol).

Advice: Never tell your parents that you're an atheist, I thought mine would leave me alone, but now I go to every church event, ever. Now I pretend i'm christian again.
Okay, I'll take your advice.
But what do I do if they find out?!?!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Be wary. If you fake sick, your parents will expect you to stay sick, just keep that in mind.
Ooooooooor make you drink medicine for the sickness which may cause you to actually get sick. Don't be stupid, son.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll take your advice.
But what do I do if they find out?!?!
How could they find out? Its just an idea in your head, just make sure you have no physical evidence.

If they do find out, just pretend you are just questioning and have recently taken "action" by reading some book of the bible recommended to you on some online forum. And say you are currently finding the light, or some ****.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Oh okay. But what if they accidentally stumble upon physical evidence?
That seriously might happen.
>.< What physical evidence could you possibly have? Physical evidence with words arguing against Christianity, or for Atheism, is the only evidence I can think of...

Well, and if they know you are 3mmanuel on smashboards... :laugh:

Can you give an example?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Like, them finding out I have a facebook
And then seeing my religion is "Atheist"
That stuff is easily disposed of, and if you don't like people thinking you are christian, then take off the religion category (like me lol). ;)

Also, do people know you are atheist? That can be physical evidence, but I suppose you can simply lie and deny that they are right. Just get rid of evidence.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Like, them finding out I have a facebook
And then seeing my religion is "Atheist"
Take it off, not like it's important anyways. People could care less about it... :laugh:

If you really want to keep it, just tell your parents you were making a joke with your friends or something. It happens often, just like my bro that changed his gender into female.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
heh, sure.

But what if I blow it? Like, I have a feeling, I'm gonna have an outburst one day.
I mean, it's hard keeping my feelings inside.
If I have an outburst, what should I do?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
heh, sure.

But what if I blow it? Like, I have a feeling, I'm gonna have an outburst one day.
I mean, it's hard keeping my feelings inside.
If I have an outburst, what should I do?
Meh, I just use forums (not gaming ones, obviously) to talk to people when I'm feeling down, angry, confused, or need help. At least it helps me, most of the time.

I'm off for the night btw.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm gonna try faking sick again.

Anyone got any better ideas (better than the stomachache of course)
You could (and I used this so I couldn't go to church) is fake going to the bathroom alot, just keep going there every 15 minutes and your parents will notice, tell them that you have a stomach problem such as bowel problems.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
VBS?
camp mahanaim?
swan lake ny?
your spanish?
i was the drummer for the pastors convention last month?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
That stuff is easily disposed of, and if you don't like people thinking you are christian, then take off the religion category (like me lol). ;)

Also, do people know you are atheist? That can be physical evidence, but I suppose you can simply lie and deny that they are right. Just get rid of evidence.
And yes, a few ppl know im atheist

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I have to say... as a general rule, regardless of what your beliefs are, if you choose to hide them in order to make things easier, you are a coward.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I have to say... as a general rule, regardless of what your beliefs are, if you choose to hide them in order to make things easier, you are a coward.
Yes, because obviously we should say everything about our beliefs even if it puts us in a ****ty position for years to come when we could've just kept our mouth shut and told them to suck a **** later. RIIIIIIGHT.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No you're not, you're being smart.

"Yeah mum I'm gay"
"Gtfo my house. Here's some clothes and £10, I never want to see you again."

Also, I state my beliefs very often, but I usually get called a troll and an ******* by everyone.
It's cool though, because people's distaste towards me shows I'm doing it right.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yes, because obviously we should say everything about our beliefs even if it puts us in a ****ty position for years to come when we could've just kept our mouth shut and told them to suck a **** later. RIIIIIIGHT.
I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth.

No you're not, you're being smart.

"Yeah mum I'm gay"
"Gtfo my house. Here's some clothes and £10, I never want to see you again."

Also, I state my beliefs very often, but I usually get called a troll and an ******* by everyone.
It's cool though, because people's distaste towards me shows I'm doing it right.
"Gay" isn't a belief.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
"Gay" isn't a belief.
Fair enough.

Have you heard of honour killings?
Some girl deserted religion in her household and told her parents. Her dad chopped her up and chucked her in a river.

Now, I'm not saying that happens often, but ya know, compromising yourself for stating a belief is not the right thing to do, it's the dumb thing to do.

You knew what I meant, stop being obtuse.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You don't know what it is until you're actually such a situation.

^ What Teran said.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You said you're being a coward by not stating your beliefs, how the **** did I get that wrong, oh I'm sorry if I was wrong when I said EVERYTHING, BUT I THINK YOU GET THE BLOODY POINT.

Like Teran said, stop being obtuse.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Fair enough.

Have you heard of honour killings?
Some girl deserted religion in her household and told her parents. Her dad chopped her up and chucked her in a river.

Now, I'm not saying that happens often, but ya know, compromising yourself for stating a belief is not the right thing to do, it's the dumb thing to do.
Keeping quiet because you fear reprisal isn't the smart thing to do, it's the cowardly thing to do.

You don't know what it is until you're actually such a situation.
Well, I have been in this situation, and I do know. I'm very much in the position to make the call, thank you very much.

You said you're being a coward by not stating your beliefs, how the **** did I get that wrong, oh I'm sorry if I was wrong when I said EVERYTHING, BUT I THINK YOU GET THE BLOODY POINT.
There's a difference between going out of your way to rub your beliefs in people's faces when they're not relevant and being honest about what your beliefs are when you're asked directly.

If someone asks if you believe in God and you say "Yes," when you really don't, you're a liar and a coward. Rationalize it all you want, but those are the facts.

Just because you're not grasping the complexity of what I'm saying doesn't make ME obtuse.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Keeping quiet because you fear reprisal isn't the smart thing to do, it's the cowardly thing to do.

Well, I have been in this situation, and I do know. I'm very much in the position to make the call, thank you very much.

There's a difference between going out of your way to rub your beliefs in people's faces when they're not relevant and being honest about what your beliefs are when you're asked directly.

If someone asks if you believe in God and you say "Yes," when you really don't, you're a liar and a coward. Rationalize it all you want, but those are the facts.

Just because you're not grasping the complexity of what I'm saying doesn't make ME obtuse.
Really?
So your parents were really ready to rip your head off?
Asian parents are that extreme. He could get a beating.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I have no other choice.

If you were in my situation, you'd think the same way too.
Anyways....
My plan (faking sick by staying up so I look really sick) is working fantastically right now).
I hope this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom