• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I waited until after he answered you, and your questioning has been based on misreading him and ignoring his answers to begin with. It's worthless, bad questioning. Mentos's playstyle is annoying to read but you've done nothing to remedy that with your ****ty, cursory, skim-reeking investigation.

and wow glyph. I guess you can go **** yourself a little too. Unreal.

yeah I'm done

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
So, EE, assuming I'm town, what do you think of Mentos with the information presented, including his mathematical approach?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
what part of **** you haven't you picked up on yet?

I'm logging out now. I might check before I leave for work.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
As EE just said in large letters, the role fishing is a major negative. Not to mention with nothing to base it on, there was pretty much no way it was going to be reacted to anything but angrily. If not for me jumping in, there would be NOTHING of worth in this, because EE, as town or scum, would react with nothing but being angry because it was done before there was ANY info on the table. That's really what seals the deal for me from the gambit perspective, you did it at a time when the reaction of any alignment would be incredulous anger, which means that there is a LOT less that can be drawn from it than if you had, say, waited 4 or 5 days when there was something on the table to work with. That's my issue from it, the fact that doing it this way made sure it was hardly useful if at all.

After Gorf posts? If EE's not dead, I'm hopping on the train with him because of the aforementioned reasons. If EE is dead, I still want you dead I'll just be looking into others before I decide if it's today I want you dead or later :3

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
I'd be lynching EE out of this reaction if he wasn't dead.

Thing is, you did show up, so there IS information out there. EE's reaction isn't null in an environment where he's alive. It successfully moved us to a point where there is substance to talk about, or I wouldn't be talking about it right now. What in that is a bad thing?

Note: I'm not claiming it was a a move that should have everyone reading me as town. It's null, just like every other hypothetical Day Vig gambit, in and of itself.

What are the aforementioned reasons? You've said things at me, but not connected the dots to paint me a scum picture.

Assuming he's dead, what's my alignment? Give me something concrete. I don't care if reads change later so long as I can see the why. Give me the thought process behind the read you would currently hold.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he's dead? Then I would assume you are indie, because I find it difficult to believe you would be THAT stupid as town.

And the aforementioned reasons(obviously these are connecting back to that post i.e. assuming you are gambiting) are the role fishing, the doing it at a time when there was nothing to back it up with which severely hampers it's effect, and the fact that intent-wise I could see scumRyker doing it more than I could see townRyker doing it simply because potential benefits for scum far outweigh benefits for town.

Also, playing Prototype 2 so now that the initial rush there has calmed down I'm not going to be responding right away as I was, still gonna be keepin up, but I've got people to consume and buildings to run up :3

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
And with that said, Evil Eye, Peach, Town Innocent Child, was Daykilled!

Lunar Disco Redheads (Glyph/Ryker hydra)- (0)
Mentosman8- (1) Lunar Disco Redheads
Ranmaru- (0)
July- (0)
Sworddancer.- (0)
Raziek- (0)
Marshy- (0)
KevinM- (0)
Circus- (0)
J- (0)
Macman- (0)
WashedLaundry- (0)

Not voting- (11) mentosman8, Ranmaru, July, Sworddancer., Raziek, marshy, KevinM, Circus, J, Macman, WashedLaundry

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Lynch deadline is set for 5/8 at 11:59 PM EST! Message deadline set for 5/3 at 11:59 EST!

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Okay, so innocent child should be mod confirmed at the beginning of the game.

If he had the option to do it like a tree stump or something, I'm going to call EE a ****** instead of me for not doing it when presented with the possibility of death.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
goddamn it this wuldve been the first time in forever me and ee wuldve both been town and wedve surely brod it up

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EE, I claim Donkey Kong, town Day Vig. I will shoot you by the bottom of page two. If you are not dead by post #100, lynch me.

This is not a lie. This is not a gambit.

I am LITERALLY only waiting on a claim. I WILL shoot you without one. You have until post #80. I will be waiting.
What was your purpose in claiming and proposing a shot on EE?

You have one chance to call me a liar again before you end up with a bullet in your head like Kuz. Claim or die.

Claim and die.
What's the underlined about?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
what even the ****

Do you know how long it's been since I've actually played with EE?

This game. Already.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, I'm not even going to try to wrap my head around Ryker tonight. I'll look at this with fresh eyes after work tomorrow.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
What was your purpose in claiming and proposing a shot on EE?

What's the underlined about?
Read. My purpose was shooting him in the face, as is apparent in his corpse.

It was me telling him that if he tried to call my bluff, he was going to get shot.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I actually thought Ryker shooting EE right out of the gate was kinda funny.

@MOD: Was EE not showing up as town innocent child a mod mistake? If not, can you tell us why he didn't?

#HBC | Dancer

Mentos said:
If he's dead? Then I would assume you are indie, because I find it difficult to believe you would be THAT stupid as town.
Why? What benefit could it possible have for an indie Ryker to do what he did?

Also, town or mafia, you don't like Ryker it seems. so where's the vote?

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
The vote shows up after EE's, IIRC.

If that's a mod error, it's the biggest mod goof of all time and I want to shoot Kevin instead.

Hi KevMo.

#HBC | Dancer

I just checked, and Mentos has not voted you.

If that's a mod error, it's the biggest mod goof of all time and I want to shoot Kevin instead.
True enough. Still want to confirm.

So LDR, what do you think of the way Mentos has been constructing his posts so far this game?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
**** you.

I'm not going to play every game in a ditch just because you'd rather kill an asset than risk the possibility of being fooled. I'm sorry you're that much of a chicken ****. Maybe one day we'll actually play mafia.

Shoot me, ******
lmaoooooooooooooo

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
haha i'm dying

whack **** tho, can't be killin off the ppl that i only joined in order to play with

anyone know what an inno child is?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
nvm i skipped over the post where lunar linked to mafiascum

carry on

vote: marshy for trying to direct the vig

July

Smash Apprentice
That was a really quick way to skip RVS. I read through the entire Lunar Disco v. EE situation, and I don't see ANY reason Lunar Disco would take an immediate shot against town as mafia. That does limit it to town/indie as mentos said before, but I honestly think that after this quote:

Before LyLo, but not immediately. That's enough.

Mentos, is that course of action fine with you?
I'm leaning town on Lunar Disco rather than indie. Granted, dying before LyLo is a pretty general threat, but he doesn't seem too concerned about self-preservation.

Haha EE, sadly I can't help you on that one XD

As for lynching Ryker today, not totally against it(specially if this is real), but as I said, he is pretty much limited to town or indie at this point, and everyone else could still be maf/town/indie, so there's more to see elsewhere. Pretty much being D1 it's playing the odds in my thoughts to make sure to look around more on D1. Now, if he IS lying as I really hope, that might change things a bit XD
This post was written before EE flipped but is entirely based upon the belief that EE will flip town, especially the bolded parts. First bolded, if EE flipped scum, then I would say mafia/town/indie would all be possibilities, as I think mafia daykilling mafia would be a reasonable possibility (re: Inception Mafia). You would also hope that Ryker is lying about his shot being legit only if EE flips town, for obvious reasons that if EE was scum, one scum would be already dead. I find it really odd that you spoke of EE as if you knew he was town.

Just to be clear, this whole thing is not something Ryker decided to do on a whim. This was something decided on by both of us soon after getting our role PM.
Why did you decide upon EE?

@Lunar Disco: Above is the biggest thing that stood out to me about mentos. The rest of his posts are speculative and indecisive about how he feels about you, the shot, possibility of a gambit, etc.

Swords seems to be trying to move the conversation forward and get reads on people too and not still caught up in the EE shot, looks like he's genuinely trying to scumhunt already which I like. Most everyone else still seems to be catching up and trying to just process what happened with Lunar Disco and EE.

Vote: Mentosman

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
ryker/glyph would you be down to shoot whoever i ask you guys to?

:phone:
If they said yes, who would you pick?

That was a really quick way to skip RVS. I read through the entire Lunar Disco v. EE situation, and I don't see ANY reason Lunar Disco would take an immediate shot against town as mafia. That does limit it to town/indie as mentos said before, but I honestly think that after this quote:

I'm leaning town on Lunar Disco rather than indie. Granted, dying before LyLo is a pretty general threat, but he doesn't seem too concerned about self-preservation.
Was about to say basically this. LDR's play so far has been too brash to be scum. Maybe indie with brass balls, but more likely just ego-tripping town.

This post was written before EE flipped but is entirely based upon the belief that EE will flip town, especially the bolded parts. First bolded, if EE flipped scum, then I would say mafia/town/indie would all be possibilities, as I think mafia daykilling mafia would be a reasonable possibility (re: Inception Mafia). You would also hope that Ryker is lying about his shot being legit only if EE flips town, for obvious reasons that if EE was scum, one scum would be already dead. I find it really odd that you spoke of EE as if you knew he was town.
I think you've misread? He's talking about Lunar Disco when he says "he must be town or indie," not EE. If I'm missing something, spell it out for me.

Swords seems to be trying to move the conversation forward and get reads on people too and not still caught up in the EE shot, looks like he's genuinely trying to scumhunt already which I like.
Agreeing with this as well, but stay wary, because Liar Game happened (AKA, the game that Swords should have strolled away with as indie, but threw it away instead).

Top Bottom