• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think Ryker was the more ******** here, but I just want you boners to kiss and make up, because I miss EE, and having a dichotomy over this is saddening.
^That.

Also, EE, I don't have illusions about it--I know what I did lost us the game as well. I had my priorities straight the entire time but I didn't want to fight against Ryker because I felt I had nothing to gain from it. Obviously, that's bat****, because I gained actual scumflips instead of a loss from it, but I only see that now after everything's said and done. Don't get me wrong, I'm taking things away from this game.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong, I'm taking things away from this game.

I'm hoping that stands well enough on its own but it could be interpreted as sarcastic I guess. Bigfootnod is a sagely approving nod, not a jerkface nod

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
something laundry touched on thats interesting about this game:

d3 was laundry/ryker/dancer/raz v july/j/kevin

laundry/ryker had thread power while raz agreed to sheep them. dancer seemed tove liked july/j as scum but he didnt have much power over the lynch at that point. so laundry/ryker figured that j/kevin were surefire scumshots and that they might as well decide between raz/july d3 instead of a hypothetical lylo where dancer would have to choose between them by himself

its not much different from a mylo situation with 3 good guys and 1 scumbag with town choosing to lynch. if 2 of those 3 players manage to identify each other as protown then they say "well we might as well decide today. were not lynching each other and believe the last bad guy to be among x and y" when strictly speaking town would want to no lynch to statistically increase their chances of finding scum

i dont think i agreed with that mindset in THIS particular game (dancer is exactly the kind of player i would want making the decision for town in an endgame scenario tho it wouldntve mattered given julys unlynchable thing) but i can understand the logic and its a cool scenario i havent seen happen in a game on this site since star fox a few years back

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Making me rage all the more about that Judas role Marshy. ;_;

"Hey town, you think you should be REWARDED for lynching scum? For catching two scum bussing each other? HAHA, nope!"

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
something laundry touched on thats interesting about this game:

d3 was laundry/ryker/dancer/raz v july/j/kevin

laundry/ryker had thread power while raz agreed to sheep them. dancer seemed tove liked july/j as scum but he didnt have much power over the lynch at that point. so laundry/ryker figured that j/kevin were surefire scumshots and that they might as well decide between raz/july d3 instead of a hypothetical lylo where dancer would have to choose between them by himself

its not much different from a mylo situation with 3 good guys and 1 scumbag with town choosing to lynch. if 2 of those 3 players manage to identify each other as protown then they say "well we might as well decide today. were not lynching each other and believe the last bad guy to be among x and y" when strictly speaking town would want to no lynch to statistically increase their chances of finding scum

i dont think i agreed with that mindset in THIS particular game (dancer is exactly the kind of player i would want making the decision for town in an endgame scenario tho it wouldntve mattered given julys unlynchable thing) but i can understand the logic and its a cool scenario i havent seen happen in a game on this site since star fox a few years back
After a certain point in D2, I was specifically trying to set that scenario up. I saw the way the game had already progressed to revolve around you and J and my entire goal became breaking that town up because it was being lead by my top scumread. I wasn't really going to convince everyone, I just wanted to convince enough people to generate a majority and then maintain that majority throughout the game.

Something similar happened in ****tales but we don't talk about that game.

Top Bottom