• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Why shoot EE, who would have been a huge help, over just shooting a scum pick?

You shot him to make people react, which is why Mentos and Marshy added to reasons why they got lynched.

Look play wise you were fine I agree, but there were a bunch of cons to that shot that wasn't worth it.

:phone:
He took a gamble, just as you did in SF II. Rather, he took the reigns himself. I can understand him doing it because EE would be hard to read, and probably hard to deal with as well. (Didn't lynch the guy in Pulp Fiction, had some support in Gigabots but we somehow didn't lynch em anyways)

Oh well.

Just watch this. Forget it. Move on. Let's play another game and learn from this. : P

And damn it. GORD EVEN IF WE LYNCHED OBV SCUM JULY I STILL WOULDN'T HAVE THE SATISFACTION..... AHHHH

I had fun tho, thx dude.

btw, if July votes me, she's scum. Jsyk (If she's really helpful she prolly indy)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
fun fact: i still have never played a game with townJuly. She's been mafia or linked to mafia in every game I've played with her.

And for awhile, I almost went with you. I kept having that feeling that you'd know her meta well and that if you were voting her, there's a reason for it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Before I start, remember that this was a private. I wasn't sure how things like the adrenaline DayVig would work, or the Judas in and of itself, or the indy lovers-to-siblings role, OR the everyone having an agent mechanic would work.

The DayVig was meant to counter the Judas' only-able-to-be-lynched style of role. Albeit that's the almost the ONLY thing countering it, there's also the fact that he'd come up guilty on an investigation. The Judas counts toward town numbers, but is ultimately mafia aligned.

The indy lovers thing was a very experimental thing added in. Essentially, this was what it was: Boo Bell had to identify Boo, recruit him successfully at Night, and turn them into indy siblings. Sure, you can say the whole argument that bad play punishes another alignment, but there was the ability to turn em into, pretty much, a two man scum team.

The message thing I'll take all slack from, mostly cuz I can't remember the justification I had for it and it was probz bad.

Now, I'm not trying to deflect accountability for this setup having gone wrong. It did. But ultimately, like I said, it was experimental. I wanted to test a hypothesis, and I realized it didn't go as intended. So yes, I accept a good amount of fault for what happened. No deal with it's, no u mad bro's. But what happened happened.
You claim you wanted to test things, but then you THREW EVERYTHING INTO IT! MIX MIX MIX! WE'RE GONNA BLEND THIS ****! MOTHER ****ING SMOOTHIE TIME!

Seriously, in such a far removed format from a traditional game, what useful information do you hope to gain from these roles with nothing to compare them to?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That came across as harsh and I was aiming at constructive. If there's an element you want to test, you do not want to taint the results by adding in too many other distracting factors.

That's why the simplest experiments have a control and a single changing variable. It's easiest to work from a standpoint where you can directly analyze the product without having to look into correlation with other variables.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That came across as harsh and I was aiming at constructive. If there's an element you want to test, you do not want to taint the results by adding in too many other distracting factors.
This. One of my biggest failures as a host was a game called CalvinBall that ran on AiB. It had some cool ideas in it but it had so many different things trying to happen at once that balancing it was a nightmare and the bad ideas just ****ed everything up. You want to be ambitious but there is such a thing as too ambitious. Usually when I'm hosting a private now, my goal is to put in maybe one set-up mechanic that's new and then put in a role or two I want to try. Gigabots had the misinformation mechanic/design (I wanted to try it again on a different playerbase) and was trying the use of a Plant-triggered abductor and a role to counter that. What I took away from that game is that misinformation is a nightmare to those who don't enjoy the *******-style hosting but that I thoroughly enjoyed the Plant Abductor and the Mafia Traitor Terrorist and the idea of what they did.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Oh wait. In response to WL... About July.

She'll tend to sheep as scum just to keep attention off her or anything.

Just look at Pizza. I'm sure Tblock can notice it but sadly when he did he took at as a town tell.

I would also expect her reads to have solid reasoning, she's a political science major. Cmon nao.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Course, she's smart. I'll expect her to switch it up, maybe. I'll be on watch. I always keep her on watch tho. ALWAYS. ALWAySSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO THE END OF TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

CORRUPT
YOU ARE CORRUPT
AND BRING
CORRUPTION TO ALL
THAT YOU TOUCH

DEATH
YOU BRING DEATH
AND DESTRUCTION
TO ALL YOU
TOUCH

PAY
YOU MUST PAY
YOU MUST PAY FOR
YOUR CRIMES
AGAINST THE EARTH

BEG
YOU WILL BEG
YOU WILL BEG FOR
FOR THEIR LIVES
AND THEIR SOULS

YEAH BURN
YOU WILL BURN
YOU WILL BURN IN HELL
YEAH YOU'LL BURN IN
HELL

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
besides the obviously terrible EE shot. The marshy lynch was absolutely horrendous. It made no sense at all ryker. And even if your logic was sound why would you choose marshy over the person I directly called out as being scum? Also if everyone thought J was scum, why not lynch him before you deal with kevinM/marshy who you guys were 50/50 on.

anyways, I shoulda been way more active d1, my b guys. Also J, smart choice in killing me since I investigated you that night and also would have tried to push a kevin lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you live you learn. I'm more annoyed by Ryker's backwards logic that created the false dichotomy. And then the lack of intelligence that went into shooting marshy over Kevin. A lot of you guys said that you thought Kevin was town, why's that? legitimately curious since he seemed to me like he was just coasting hardbody

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Cuz I thought he was being normally kev... I haven't ever seen KevSCUM tho. I just read him as lazy town cuz that's how he always played. And he flipped town everywhere. af;lkajfad KEVINNNNNNMMMM

Any tips on reading kev in the future? (I read him wrong somewhere else I'm sure you know)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
you live you learn. I'm more annoyed by Ryker's backwards logic that created the false dichotomy. And then the lack of intelligence that went into shooting marshy over Kevin. A lot of you guys said that you thought Kevin was town, why's that? legitimately curious since he seemed to me like he was just coasting hardbody
My only experience with KevMo prior to this game was Lost, where he made a bunch of vapid one-liner posts because he was lovers with Mentos. I had no idea how to read him and the fact that he was giving me more here made me want to think he was town.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
HA. I thought he was scum in Celeb for GIVING SO MUCH YUMMINESS as opposed to his one liner posts.

I mean those early reads he gave were the kind he'd usually give...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
besides the obviously terrible EE shot. The marshy lynch was absolutely horrendous. It made no sense at all ryker. And even if your logic was sound why would you choose marshy over the person I directly called out as being scum? Also if everyone thought J was scum, why not lynch him before you deal with kevinM/marshy who you guys were 50/50 on.
Because you had absolutely no weight behind it and your actions ended up meaning very little to me. Basically all I got out of you was that your death left only two players who would be willing to kill you, after that it was a matter of which to play and Marshy had this obnoxious thing where he seemed willing to incriminate KevMo but not lynch him that seemed entirely *** backwards.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I will seethe about my role/wincon later when I'm not roiled in another game, and I'm sure everyone will care.

GG scum?

Figures Marshy would get lynched as town and Kevin would get away with murder. 'Tis the curse of the ancients.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
can we see the notes people sent to others?

i just sent kevin a love letter d1

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I sent a message to Laundry telling him to claim track bingo on J if people (read: marshy) were to actually successfully get July almost lynched.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
can we see the notes people sent to others?

i just sent kevin a love letter d1

<3 haha love you boo

I will seethe about my role/wincon later when I'm not roiled in another game, and I'm sure everyone will care.

GG scum?

Figures Marshy would get lynched as town and Kevin would get away with murder. 'Tis the curse of the ancients.
HAHA RIGHT OLD SCHOOL MAFIA ALL OVER AGAIN

July

Smash Apprentice
btw, if July votes me, she's scum. Jsyk (If she's really helpful she prolly indy)
Haha well it could also mean you're scum, if you ever got a scum role, which you never seem to.

fun fact: i still have never played a game with townJuly. She's been mafia or linked to mafia in every game I've played with her.

And for awhile, I almost went with you. I kept having that feeling that you'd know her meta well and that if you were voting her, there's a reason for it.
Huh, I didn't even realize that. It's funny because I don't feel like I've been scum all that often, but yeah I can see how that would make it harder to read me.

J, KevinM, can we see the scum qt? :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also pointing out Ryker I think i pointed it out in the QT but I think you played really bad because I called you out on D1 and you like basically admitted on D2 that you were mad because your under the impression I think you're a bad player.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also pointing out Ryker I think i pointed it out in the QT but I think you played really bad because I called you out on D1 and you like basically admitted on D2 that you were mad because your under the impression I think you're a bad player.
Certainly. It gets annoying with people trying to undermine my attempts to do things. However, my scum reads didn't stem from some ego OMGUS.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also, while I'm thinking about it, the reason why I was so excitable this game is that I was pissed off for nearly all of it. I walked in pissed and played pissed because nothing enjoyable was happening. It's why I tried to replace out--it stopped being a game and started being a chore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Glad you came back. I got distracted was all. But I had a town read on Ryker, and I knew he knew how to read you and I was kool with you gys... But I still need to be careful of him because I still feel like I don't know how to read him well... I'll comment further when another game ends.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I wish I had played more this game, but I also don't think it would have made any difference. I totally got all of the stuff Ryker did, only difference would have been sometimes it would have been in my words instead of his.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The indy lovers thing was a very experimental thing added in. Essentially, this was what it was: Boo Bell had to identify Boo, recruit him successfully at Night, and turn them into indy siblings. Sure, you can say the whole argument that bad play punishes another alignment, but there was the ability to turn em into, pretty much, a two man scum team.
This wasn't enough though. There was only one very specific way I (or "my faction" if I had actually been able to get Mentos) could have won this game, and it relied on straight up luck in addition to good play.

I was excited to take up the challenge of an indy role for once, but you must see how, even playing well, the odds of me being able to pull off my wincon were awfully close to impossible. I mean, even if I had managed not to kill myself by helping to lynch the one person I was supposed to keep alive other than myself (which is at least the funniest way I could have failed), I still would have had to actually figure out who my partner is, recruit him, and then keep us both alive for the whole game. Neither of us had lynch or NK immunity. Even if I hadn't actively tried to kill the player I was unwittingly supposed to recruit, that still doesn't account for the possibility that the town could have just decided to lynch him anyway. Or that scum would just decide to kill him, taking me down too. Or that the Vig wouldn't have just decided to off him, or me. Those possibilities alone are enough to deal with—the fact that I was capable of lynching my partner because I didn't know who he was just overkill. There were too many ways for us to instantly lose that were pretty much completely out of my control.

If we were going to be Lovers, then we should have had some kind of protection from death (maybe one of us Unlynchable and the other Bulletproof?). If there were already going to be two separate killing roles in the game (and there were), then we should've just been masoned from the beginning so that we couldn't accidentally lynch each other. If we were going to need to win the game by getting to endgame and attaining a majority over the rest of the players, then we should have had a way of thinning the herd outside of just normal lynches. It was like I had all of the disadvantages I could possibly have without my role flat-out being Independent Hated Time Bomb.

Oh well. At least I died before I could get close enough to a victory to be angry about it.

The message thing I'll take all slack from, mostly cuz I can't remember the justification I had for it and it was probz bad.
It seems to me like that mechanic pretty much existed solely so July could outright tell J and Kev she was a Judas rather than forcing them to figure it out or forcing her to play in a way that would cause her to be lynched. Pretty much defeating most of the point of including a Judas.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also I see KevMo mentioned it in the scum QT, so I'll explain it: I had a lot to gain by buddying Ryker. It wasn't even to prevent a possible lynch for me, buddying him hardcore wouldn't save that if he thought I was scum. But then, if he thought I was scum, he would've reacted so much more differently to my wagon than he did and he would've actually been hardcore pushing me. That wasn't the case. The worst he did was propose a shot and, when push came to shove, he would've used it on J in a heartbeat.

Rather, that situation came mostly to thread power. When I came back, scumJ was running the show completely. Ryker was getting ignored despite being 100% ****ing ProTown and outside of his bull**** shot, his play was not that bad. I wasn't going to listen to J, I hated his play within 3 pages and thought he was scum immediately. I wasn't going to get Ryker to listen to me and do as I said. That's not how Ryker plays. So I supported him. It helped that his goals were practically my goals as well. At the end of the day phase, despite marshy's townflip, the game looked to be ours. We just took a gamble then rather than do it later when town was in a position to be completely manipulated (i.e., Raz, Swordy, July endgame).

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Laundry, you need to screw your head on tighter.

You spent like half this game literally begging Ryker for permission to lynch scum, and then following him on a ML instead. Stop justifying his play in this game; I'm not entirely surprised that he has managed to spin the events of the game into some bizarro **** and pat himself on the back, but seeing you do it is baffling.

Stop making excuses for his play, and stop making excuses for your support of him in this game. You were the one that could have made things turn around in the right direction on D2 and instead you spent your time as Ryker's accomplice in derailing the game. You have a huge lesson to learn and instead you're coming in hard with whitewash. Learn to think for yourself and exert yourself when you are ****ing right. It's written clear as day right on the wall. Sacking up and being your own man (Ryker be damned) would have won you the game. Think for yourself. Just do it. Learn this lesson. Stop shying away from it.

And while I'm at it, the marshy lynch was completely ****ing ********. His play to that point hadn't been stellar but there was a visible and understandable root to all of his scumpicks and they had internal consistency. Furthermore the events that carried on in D2 were ****ing horrendous, as marshy's play improved dramatically and the people dogging him down (particularly you, Wash) were clearly not even reading the **** he was saying sometimes, clearly having read each post from the frame of "how am I going to spit on this one" rather than actual goddamn evaluation. Throughout that day Kevmo was stalling and evasive while marshy's play improved after the spotlight was put on him, and yet people somehow decided marshy was the better lynch, on the basis of ****tarded rationale like "oh why is it you're so much more vocal now that the pressure's on you?!?!" (WHAT!?) and "oh why are you willing to see scumJ NOW hur hur" (WHAT!?)

That's all of course not even touching on the fact that the logic that narrowed it down to marshy/KevinM was empirically and completely wrong, since J apparently selected the nightkill with zero influence by Kevmo. There's plenty of advice I could give Ryker from this game to improve his game some, but God knows he'd rather carve out his intestines with a ****ing butter knife than listen to it.

Ryker, your lack of humility about how things transpired actually blows my mind. The fact that you "had the scum" is meaningless; everyone knows you get your small handful of townpicks and after that can and will openly suspect anyone and everyone else that is alive. What do you really have to show for this game? Factually, I mean. Here's what: You shot town, lynched town, lynched town, lynched town. Each call was yours. You literally didn't do one thing in this game right. I'm not sure why everyone in postgame has decided to hold your ****ing hand about it, especially given that you are obviously completely impervious to any sort of self-reflection -- and thus any possibility of taking offence -- but whatever. Maybe this will give you something to look back on. Maybe.

And as an unrelated, personal note, I'm ****ing disgusted that you can still stand by your shot and justify it with rationale like "with EE gone no one would question me". Right. Because people questioning you would obviously have poisoned this game, right? What this game definitely needed was more compliance to your demands, not people with the audacity to think for themselves and the ability to do it well. Jesus Christ, man.

And I'm sure since my blow-up you've set about to convincing the rest of your clique that I'm some kind of Bardull 2.0 and that's whatever. I just wanted to slip in here, since I didn't get a chance nor desire to earlier, that my fury about what transpired had as much to do with your pompous, insulting, douchebag tone throughout the affair as the shot itself.

So yeah, go ahead and fire off your comeback without considering what I've said. Tell me what I am. Tell me I'm worthless. Tell me I'm nothing. Tell me I'm wrong, buttsalty, biased, whatever. I had nothing to lose or gain by posting this other than getting some things off my chest and possibly getting Laundry to look at his game a little differently, which could help his play in the future. If nothing else I've accomplished the venting aspect, and I do think Wash's the type to take good advice when confronted even if he initially thought otherwise, so I'm pretty done.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh yeah and I might as well post this.

I was gonna post it when I died but I decided to **** outta hurr instead. It's a ballin' gif though

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And while I'm at it, the marshy lynch was completely ****ing ********. His play to that point hadn't been stellar but there was a visible and understandable root to all of his scumpicks and they had internal consistency. Furthermore the events that carried on in D2 were ****ing horrendous, as marshy's play improved dramatically and the people dogging him down (particularly you, Wash) were clearly not even reading the **** he was saying sometimes, clearly having read each post from the frame of "how am I going to spit on this one" rather than actual goddamn evaluation. Throughout that day Kevmo was stalling and evasive while marshy's play improved after the spotlight was put on him, and yet people somehow decided marshy was the better lynch, on the basis of ****tarded rationale like "oh why is it you're so much more vocal now that the pressure's on you?!?!" (WHAT!?) and "oh why are you willing to see scumJ NOW hur hur" (WHAT!?)
Hindsight's 20/20. Real life was 50/50.

I could get the marshy lynch and was fairly certain both were scum. I was wrong because it looked like if I was going to be wrong, then Kevin was the one who could be left alive. Marshy didn't even question J's behavior until the spotlight was put on him (one of the main reasons being the way he and J treated each other).

The biggest point in his favor was the way he made me (and half the game) reevaluate a bad Kevin read, but that was HEAVILY mitigated by the fact that he continued to incriminate Kevin under the table and yet still say that he wanted Kevin to live.

Marshy lynch was wrong, but Marshy lynch was not unfounded.

That's all of course not even touching on the fact that the logic that narrowed it down to marshy/KevinM was empirically and completely wrong, since J apparently selected the nightkill with zero influence by Kevmo. There's plenty of advice I could give Ryker from this game to improve his game some, but God knows he'd rather carve out his intestines with a ****ing butter knife than listen to it.
**** off. You're mad, I GET IT and understand why. Be mad if it makes you feel better, but stop with the theatrics. Don't blame me alone for a joint decision and leave the bull**** you know is wrong (like the last sentence in the above quote) out.

Ryker, your lack of humility about how things transpired actually blows my mind. The fact that you "had the scum" is meaningless; everyone knows you get your small handful of townpicks and after that can and will openly suspect anyone and everyone else that is alive. What do you really have to show for this game? Factually, I mean. Here's what: You shot town, lynched town, lynched town, lynched town. Each call was yours. You literally didn't do one thing in this game right. I'm not sure why everyone in postgame has decided to hold your ****ing hand about it, especially given that you are obviously completely impervious to any sort of self-reflection -- and thus any possibility of taking offence -- but whatever. Maybe this will give you something to look back on. Maybe.
Are you ********? I've said multiple times that I lost this game by myself. Glyph basically disappeared after Day 1, so past that, I basically played every side of the game and I lost it. I recognize that and have stated it multiple times. That being said, I like to play to my successes and will continue to do so. I'm not going to eat crow at the dinner table when I can eat my humble pie in private.

And as an unrelated, personal note, I'm ****ing disgusted that you can still stand by your shot and justify it with rationale like "with EE gone no one would question me". Right. Because people questioning you would obviously have poisoned this game, right? What this game definitely needed was more compliance to your demands, not people with the audacity to think for themselves and the ability to do it well. Jesus Christ, man.
I'm not trying to justify it. Weigh how you like. I'm stating the rationale. It is what it is. Everyone talks about shooting the good player as opposed to the bad player if you're given a blind vig opportunity from a theory standpoint but no one ever does it. Same as shooting a scummate for the town credit. I don't care that if it was a shot at town because it left me in a position to potentially gain enough to make up for it and had a single different decision been made, it would have. I'm not going to say it was a good shot. I am not going to say it was done without a plan.

And I'm sure since my blow-up you've set about to convincing the rest of your clique that I'm some kind of Bardull 2.0 and that's whatever. I just wanted to slip in here, since I didn't get a chance nor desire to earlier, that my fury about what transpired had as much to do with your pompous, insulting, douchebag tone throughout the affair as the shot itself.
Posturing to gain a reaction from Mentos. It gave me a reason to keep posting and a situation that I could gauge a reaction from Mentos that gave him a chance to make an opportunistic play.

As for the quip at the beginning of that paragraph, the only thing anyone's heard from me on the subject aside from Glyph who was there at the very beginning is that I wish you weren't so pissed off. Glyph basically got that in more words.

So yeah, go ahead and fire off your comeback without considering what I've said. Tell me what I am. Tell me I'm worthless. Tell me I'm nothing. Tell me I'm wrong, buttsalty, biased, whatever. I had nothing to lose or gain by posting this other than getting some things off my chest and possibly getting Laundry to look at his game a little differently, which could help his play in the future. If nothing else I've accomplished the venting aspect, and I do think Wash's the type to take good advice when confronted even if he initially thought otherwise, so I'm pretty done.
You put me on blast here and that's fine. If you want to actually talk to me about this or anything, then I'm still around.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think Ryker was the more ******** here, but I just want you boners to kiss and make up, because I miss EE, and having a dichotomy over this is saddening.

Top Bottom