• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*shruggers*

I just liked it(your play) and I didn't think it would incriminate KevinM either, but it worked for us by getting Marshy's lynch.. However, I do not know how at all, I survived D2/D3 haha. Well...I do....but I don't believe it either. My play was just not good at all after D1/D2 shot. xD

This game was funny.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well, don't beat yourself up too much Ryker. I mean you did peg me and KevinM, even if it was for the wrong reasons, but taking the actions/courses you did, it did single-handedly lose the game for town because of not lynching my slot and also quick-shooting EE was just "...", but that's already been said and done.

July

Smash Apprentice
There were a lot of things that happened that I didn't expect that helped us. The EE shot obviously took out a potentially dangerous player, but it also basically confirmed Ryker as town so it had potential to help and/or hurt.

However, Ryker is right that Raziek's inactivity was yesterDay because Ryker was clearly town, Swords was pretty townie, and WL was townie enough we could never force a lynch on him. Raziek was the only slot (that wasn't a scumbuddy) that I had a chance to cast doubt on and make a claim against.

And D2...I have no idea how I didn't get quicklynched or how when it came down to Marshy/Kevin the lynch was Marshy, but the fact we all made it out of D2 after so many accusations around us was shocking.

Also I can't wait to read the qt :p should be interesting lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, don't beat yourself up too much Ryker. I mean you did peg me and KevinM, even if it was for the wrong reasons, but taking the actions/courses you did, it did single-handedly lose the game for town because of not lynching my slot and also quick-shooting EE was just "...", but that's already been said and done.
I was completely correct in my assertion with that shot. A Glyph/Ryker hydra with a confirmed Day Vig could do quite literally whatever it wanted without EE to disagree with me. I did that. I got 2/3 and had we gone July instead of Raz, the game would be won.

You can argue with me about whether or not shooting EE was a bad decision, but the rest of my play was completely justified and if I win scum MvP, I could also have won town MvP off of one different decision.

I do not think Marshy played well at all and Raz left me nothing to work with.

You win some, you lose some. I still had fun this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh woooow, I just realized that the DayVig role was in this game to balance out the Town Judas role. Makes so much more sense.

Still find town was over-PR'd especially when we had no RB or anything to stop Sane-Cop/Bodygaurd/Watcher/Innocent Child.

Or surprise indy-lover that got ousted due to luck mainly.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How in the world would you have pulled that off?
July is Town Judas, when she is lynched, she becomes Mafia with us/QT and all.

So July being lynched yesterDay, +1 to scum.

We kill Raziek during the Night.

Swords/Ryker/WL = Town
J/KevinM/July = Mafia

Game ends due to Mafia equaling Town.

Sooo yeah, after D2, as long as a combo of J+KevinM back-to-back lynches never occured, the game was Mafia's. July set up D3 perfectly for the scum-team because regardless of me being lynched yesterDay, she would have to have been lynched/or Raz the next day.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There's a post/formula/plan I made in the mafia QT which will explain what I mean in more detail. I wish I could just quote it now, but can't till the game is over. ;P

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ahhhh, thought we were dealing with a traitor.

Oh woooow, I just realized that the DayVig role was in this game to balance out the Town Judas role. Makes so much more sense.

Still find town was over-PR'd especially when we had no RB or anything to stop Sane-Cop/Bodygaurd/Watcher/Innocent Child.

Or surprise indy-lover that got ousted due to luck mainly.
You have a role that +1s you off of town hitting a correct lynch. Bodyguard only trades even, it's not an extremely powerful role. With nothing to catch but the night kill, Watcher is not nearly as strong a role.

Day Vig is a role that adds a LOT of swing to any set-up.

Indy-Lover is a stupid role that's filler only because some people think there needs to be an indy in every set-up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Informed Sane Copper was also in the set-up with 2 Goons and no way of dealing with that. If there was a Mass-claim D1, we would have lost soooo bad haha. xD

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cop's a bad role, imo, although I didn't include it.

The set-up just has a hell of a lot of swing and a role that shouldn't exist that only contributes to it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, I analyzed the set-up in the QT and it was hella swingy when I did it. However, Gorf said he would explain it when the game was over so I guess we will get our answers when it is finished.

Then again, this was an experimental/private game so swing was to be expected in the end.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Eh, got us an indy and it gave us a 50-50 on KevM and Marshy that would not have existed otherwise. I'd say that worked out pretty well for the worst vig shot on this site. Game was lost on decision making, not that shot.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Indy was due to the mod thinking Lovers of not the same alignment was a good idea, hint it isn't it's a terrible idea because you punish a faction for bad play or a correct read.

50-50 was nothing.

Worst shot ever, and I will stand by that, you have a bad history of acting with town instead of being an island where you refuse to act as a team player. Shooting EE over leaving the shot for later should be proof enough for that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i was completely correct in my assertion with that shot. A glyph/ryker hydra with a confirmed day vig could do quite literally whatever it wanted without ee to disagree with me. I did that.

You can argue with me about whether or not shooting ee was a bad decision, but the rest of my play was completely justified and if i win scum mvp, i could also have won town mvp off of one different decision.
. .

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Man, Judas and an Indy/Town lover duo? And a dayvig? Gorf, we're having a long discussion about your set-up post-game.

For the record, Ryker's shot was ******** but the rest of his play certainly was not. He caught KevMo and helped catch J. The only reason we lost was because of some bull**** revolving a role that really shouldn't even be used in the first place.

July

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I'll PayPal you ten bucks if you vote J and Kevin instead, July.
Lol no thanks, but that's a nice offer :)

Not johning, but Gorf we need to talk about game design.

Good scum play, I guess? Did July know the scum team?
I did know the scum team, they didn't know I existed, or at least they weren't informed at the beginning of the Day.

However, I felt like the message mechanic really, really gave me an advantage. I was able to send J a message informing him of my existence, which changed how I could play; I could be as scummy as I wanted and wouldn't die if I got lynched, and with J and Kevin informed of my existence I knew I wouldn't get nked. Without the message mechanic I probably would have tried to get lynched D1 or D2 to absolutely ensure that my scum buddies didn't nk me, and it really would have been a whole different mindset. I don't know what else the messaging mechanic would actually be used for, it really only seemed useful imo for my role.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Ryker did fine regardless of the EE shot.

I think we just got sidetracked due to the wifom kill.

And the "If J is scum = July town" thing. Luckily thanks to you guys I saw J being scum, but I still didn't think July was town at all.

My only thing is I read Marshy and Kev wrong. Damn it. I was the one who chose the direction of Marshy, my bad guys.

Raz, I think you made the mistake of hinting to your pr too early, as I did in Hearts. Maybe watchers should stay quiet until everyone has posted so they can come in and be like HEY WHY U DO THIS or w/e.

Good game regardless.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I really don't care what he got after.

Shooting him for thread control and reads when he could have shot anyone else is bat**** ********.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why shoot EE, who would have been a huge help, over just shooting a scum pick?

You shot him to make people react, which is why Mentos and Marshy added to reasons why they got lynched.

Look play wise you were fine I agree, but there were a bunch of cons to that shot that wasn't worth it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
So yeah since this game's essentially over...

KevinM, Bowser, Mafia Ninja Godfather, J, Bowser Jr, Mafia Goon and July, Bowser Mask, Mafia Judas, win!

Role PMs and all that good stuff coming up.

#HBC | Gorf

KevM:

Bowser, Mafia Ninja Godfather. You're seen inno by cop investigations, and can't be seen visiting players at Night.

Safeclaim: Dueling Glove

You are partnered with Baby Bowser (J) and can talk in this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/m3SPUxPWVsX4b

You win once the Mafia has an undeniable majority over the rest of the existing players.
J:

Baby Bowser, Mafia Goon.

Safeclaim: Magic Lamp.

You are aligned with Bowser (KevinM) and can talk using this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/m3SPUxPWVsX4b

You win once the mafia has an undeniable majority over the rest of the existing players.
July:

Bowser Mask, Town Judas. You are aligned with Bowser (KevinM) and Baby Bowser (J), but they don't know you exist. To them, you're just another townie. But in order to unite with em on a scum team, you need to get lynched. Once lynched, your lynch will fail and you will convert to the mafia.

Safeclaim: Wario

You win when the mafia has an undeniable majority over the existing players.
WashedLaundry:

Koopa, VT

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
LDR:

Donkey Kong, Town Adrenaline DayVig. You guys are a DayVig that, if you shoot scum, you get another bullet. If you shoot town, you lose your gun.

Evil Eye:

Peach, Innocent Townie. You're able to, once per game, send me the command Confirm and once you do that I'll confirm, in thread, that you are Peach, Innocent Townie.

Mentosman:

Boo, VT

Ranmaru:

Yoshi, Town Bodyguard. You can protect someone at Night. 50% chance you'll successfully protect, 50% chance you'll die in their place.

Sworddancer:

Blue Space, VT

Raziek:

Luigi, Town Watcher. You can watch one player to see who visits them at Night.

Marshy:

Mushroom, VT

Circus:

Boo Bell, Indy Lover. You, my friend, are lovers with Boo, Vanilla Townie. You, my friend, have the ability to LOOK for Boo, and once you find Boo, you will convert him to your indy faction and you guys will be indy siblings. Sound cool enough? Coolio.

You win once your faction has an undeniable majority over the rest of the existing players.
/Macman's PM box is full so I sent his informed sane cop role to em via AIM. Just your regular sane cop.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
It's also hard to read an inactive, or lynch certain players when they are scum.

Bad shot was bad and contributed to the lose of the game.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also set up was borderline broken. Sorry Gorf but the roles were just too damn swingy. Arderline Day vig could of wrecked scum in a Day (albeit unlikely). Ninja Godfather basically made the Watcher role useless and it limited to usefulness of the cop role. The indy being lovers someone who wasn't an indy wasn't fair to the indy. Judas role is TERRIBLE. Super WIFOM introducing role that has the potential to reward scum for being lynched. Message mechanic basically made the drawback of that traitor aspect of Judas nonexistent.

#HBC | Gorf

Naw I have legit explanation for what my thought process was, and if I have time I'll go through it all right now. But I got a banquet I gotta prepare for, so I'll try to squeeze in what I can.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So, Gorf, I want you to take away from this game that alignment conversion should not happen unless it becomes thoroughly aware to the cast that it's occurring. Such roles that are okay are the Yak (which is a flat-out trade of one for one and you know it occurred the second the Yak flipped) or Cult (whole purpose of the faction, it becomes obvious once a cultist flips). The short and simple reason is that it's broken. When people make reads, they usually anticipate that a player's alignment will not change throughout the game. Having something that changes that undermines the point of having reads.

And yes, everything Swords said as well but the alignment changing is why town lost this game. We had J and KevMo pinned against a wall.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And yes, everything Swords said as well but the alignment changing is why town lost this game. We had J and KevMo pinned against a wall.
It hurt, but not necessarily. We could've still lost had July been scum the entire game, but the whole situation would be thrown out because the slots would've interacted differently.

#HBC | Gorf

Before I start, remember that this was a private. I wasn't sure how things like the adrenaline DayVig would work, or the Judas in and of itself, or the indy lovers-to-siblings role, OR the everyone having an agent mechanic would work.

The DayVig was meant to counter the Judas' only-able-to-be-lynched style of role. Albeit that's the almost the ONLY thing countering it, there's also the fact that he'd come up guilty on an investigation. The Judas counts toward town numbers, but is ultimately mafia aligned.

The indy lovers thing was a very experimental thing added in. Essentially, this was what it was: Boo Bell had to identify Boo, recruit him successfully at Night, and turn them into indy siblings. Sure, you can say the whole argument that bad play punishes another alignment, but there was the ability to turn em into, pretty much, a two man scum team.

The message thing I'll take all slack from, mostly cuz I can't remember the justification I had for it and it was probz bad.

Now, I'm not trying to deflect accountability for this setup having gone wrong. It did. But ultimately, like I said, it was experimental. I wanted to test a hypothesis, and I realized it didn't go as intended. So yes, I accept a good amount of fault for what happened. No deal with it's, no u mad bro's. But what happened happened.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
^ deal with it u mad bro

@ dancer

why is the godfathers presence weakening the watcher and cop necessarily a bad thing at all? both roles are lame imo. i agree with the rest of your thoughts on the setup. i also agree with laundry that the alignment changing thing is lame but differ in that i dont think those roles should be used at all

Top Bottom