• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Here, town. I'll show you how it's done.

Vote: Lunar Disco Redheads

Might wanna follow my example soon, this vote has an expiration date.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Did you miss the part where I want you to lose?

If you're scum, which I could definitely see, we're that much closer.

If you're town, which I could sadly also see, it's that much closer. Maybe town will even win without your "influence" clogging up the thread. There are plenty of weapons in town that won't jeopardize the game for the sake of their planetary ****ing ego.

You lose as scum, you lose as town, you die as town and town wins anyway

Win/Win/Win

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha EE, sadly I can't help you on that one XD

As for lynching Ryker today, not totally against it(specially if this is real), but as I said, he is pretty much limited to town or indie at this point, and everyone else could still be maf/town/indie, so there's more to see elsewhere. Pretty much being D1 it's playing the odds in my thoughts to make sure to look around more on D1. Now, if he IS lying as I really hope, that might change things a bit XD

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I still want you to die in a ****ing fire, actually. I'll answer the rest after I get a drink. If I ****ing feel like it.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
That was asked toward Mentos. I actually do have trouble lining this game up with Town EE, but your vote really does have an expiration date.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
lol, have trouble lining this game up with Town EE.

You latched onto me immediately, before anything whatsoever from which to draw reads.

Four people have posted thus far, only three of them in a way that would be considered "real".

You ****ing dolt.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reason it changes things is simple. If this is real, you could be town or indie, mafia is pretty much ruled out. If it's a gambit, all 3 are possible. As I said initially, I was ok with the "not immediately" part simply because of that limitation, if it's a gambit that is no longer a consideration and your alignment is just as up-in-the-air as anyone else's. Pretty simple thought process I'd say.

Hi Marshy!

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
The reason it changes things is simple. If this is real, you could be town or indie, mafia is pretty much ruled out. If it's a gambit, all 3 are possible. As I said initially, I was ok with the "not immediately" part simply because of that limitation, if it's a gambit that is no longer a consideration and your alignment is just as up-in-the-air as anyone else's. Pretty simple thought process I'd say.

Hi Marshy!
Then what would you gather? Less mathematics, more substance.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Don't talk to me about ****ing Town EE. You don't know a ****ing thing, you stupid ****.
Oh, I'm talking completely after the fact. The shot was completely a 1 in 3, assuming an indy.

I'm just seeing what you're doing as exactly what you got on Nich about. Either you're posturing because you still think it's a gambit in which case, I think you're scum, or you're legitimately mad, which is also a fair possibility.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Haha EE, sadly I can't help you on that one XD

As for lynching Ryker today, not totally against it(specially if this is real), but as I said, he is pretty much limited to town or indie at this point, and everyone else could still be maf/town/indie, so there's more to see elsewhere. Pretty much being D1 it's playing the odds in my thoughts to make sure to look around more on D1. Now, if he IS lying as I really hope, that might change things a bit XD
See, the more I come back to this, the more it bothers me. You're giving me mixed messages. You think me telling the truth makes me more likely to be scum, but you won't lynch me because I couldn't be mafia. But then you say if I'm lying (which would make you think I'm less likely to be scum), it would change things.

I'm getting mixed signals here.

Vote Mentos

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It's possible that it's a gambit, but I'm treating it as real because I don't ****ing care.

And, no, this is not in any way comparable to Nic. This is you latching onto me before ANYTHING HAD HAPPENED and forcing a claim-or-die/claim-and-die situation. Which, guess what, I'm not going to go for because I'm not a ****ing ******.

And then you shot me.

If you are, somehow, town, you shot me because you don't know a ****ing thing about how to read me, and your elephantine ****ing ego is more important than anything else. I'm just completely appalled by this.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Seriously I hope this ****ing shot is real and I hope Gorf logs on within an hour so I can watch you scrumble.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That's because I'm ****ing furious. So yeah, **** you, and by association alone, **** everyone else too.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, the fact of the matter is, it IS mathematics I'm basing that on. If your claim was real, mafia is eliminated as a possibility, meaning town or indie. Therefore, I'd be willing to let you live a bit longer(not till lylo) if better options which were still completely open alignment-wise became available. However, if your claim is a gambit, it has the effect of taking that away and making you as open as anyone else, and that'd make me more willing to go for you right away.

Now, I could add the fact that if this was a gambit, in literally one of the first few posts of the game you tried to make EE, who we all know the effect he has when he's town, claim for no reason. Getting something like that out in the open would be very beneficial to mafia, especially considering you are a player who feels they can work their way out of trouble. Simply put: I can see scumRyker having motivation to try to out EE like that. So long story short, higher odds of being scum+something I could see you doing as scum=much more likely to be willing to lynch you immediately.

At the ninja post, when did I say I thought you were more likely to be scum if it was real? The parts you bolded meant two things: If it was real I want you dead because you've already shown yourself as a detriment to town, but I'm not sure if I'd act on it on D1. If it's a lie, you've still shown that fact but there is no longer anything pushing me to think you aren't mafia, and I'm willing to lynch you right away. No mixed signals, no contradictions.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Well, the fact of the matter is, it IS mathematics I'm basing that on. If your claim was real, mafia is eliminated as a possibility, meaning town or indie. Therefore, I'd be willing to let you live a bit longer(not till lylo) if better options which were still completely open alignment-wise became available. However, if your claim is a gambit, it has the effect of taking that away and making you as open as anyone else, and that'd make me more willing to go for you right away.
Mathematics, yeah, I get it, but you mix your math with reads in order to make a statement that has a door at either end.

Now, I could add the fact that if this was a gambit, in literally one of the first few posts of the game you tried to make EE, who we all know the effect he has when he's town, claim for no reason. Getting something like that out in the open would be very beneficial to mafia, especially considering you are a player who feels they can work their way out of trouble. Simply put: I can see scumRyker having motivation to try to out EE like that. So long story short, higher odds of being scum+something I could see you doing as scum=much more likely to be willing to lynch you immediately.
So what causes this not to weigh it over your mathematics.

As to the meat of the post, I was shooting him. I gave him the offer to claim. Realistically, we all knew it wasn't going to happen, but I did it still. Or do you think I wouldn't have shot had he not claimed something like UnCCed doc?

At the ninja post, when did I say I thought you were more likely to be scum if it was real? The parts you bolded meant two things: If it was real I want you dead because you've already shown yourself as a detriment to town, but I'm not sure if I'd act on it on D1. If it's a lie, you've still shown that fact but there is no longer anything pushing me to think you aren't mafia, and I'm willing to lynch you right away. No mixed signals, no contradictions.
So... you think that making a post that was a lie (a la EE's Day Vig gambit in Lost Mafia that you didn't bust his balls over) makes me a detriment to town when we have more substance than most any other game by the end of the first twenty posts?

Why's that?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, I DID bust EE's balls over his gambit on me in LOST, if you recall I was QUITE angry and told him off, encouraging town to highly consider lynching him if it was real. Get your facts straight before you call me out.

Secondly, it's different because EE did it when there was substance to the game, and he thought I might be scum and wanted to get a read. You, on the other hand, did it before any information whatsoever was available, which if a gambit since that's what we're comparing, is a horrible thing to do because there is NOTHING to base it on. There is a major difference between those two and you know it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
THere's also the fact that I quite clearly tried to pave over the gambit and get people to consider mentos as dead, without a claim.

Whereas you tried to ROLE FISH ME AT THE START OF THE ****ING GAME, YOU ****ING ******

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Just to be clear, this whole thing is not something Ryker decided to do on a whim. This was something decided on by both of us soon after getting our role PM.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
THere's also the fact that I quite clearly tried to pave over the gambit and get people to consider mentos as dead, without a claim.

Whereas you tried to ROLE FISH ME AT THE START OF THE ****ING GAME, YOU ****ING ******
It's not role fishing if you die. It's asking if you have any last words

I would appreciate you not giving Mentos easy answers.

Top Bottom