• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Smasher Compendium (STICKY PLZ)

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
I already downloaded it, but I thought that I had to dowload something else or set something up to get automatic updates, but it seems that...

yes, all updates i make to the GSC are received by everyone who has it automatically
Silly me. Check it though, I improved my sig. :D Btw This compendium is awsome as hell. You have done a great service to the smash community in setting this up Simna.

EDIT:

Oh... I just noticed that if you scroll waaaaay over to the right in the readme file, you said:
"in order for the auto-update to work you must right-click the folder in Google Earth called Global Smasher Compendium version 0.02b and click Edit. Then check the box that says 'Refresh Parameters' and click OK."
That solves that mystery.

EDIT:

C'monnnnnnn Sima update!!! I can't wait to see my friends and I on the compendium!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Simna, I sent you a message saying that I'm thesage not theblackmage. I don't use that account anymore. docmarth is close by mabye I'll try contacting him...

Repyh

Smash Journeyman
Awesomeness

I'm in! ^^
Wondering how many more players will join ^^

I'm really looking forward in contacting nearby smashers. Which is possible all thanks to this :)

Thanks Simna!!

- Repyh

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
UPDATE

Current player count: 802
Players most recently added to: Michigan, central California, Germany, southern California, British Columbia(Canada), Georgia, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin, Quebec(Canada), Pennsylvania, Mississippi

Sandy

Smash Champion
UPDATE

Current player count: 802
Players most recently added to: Michigan, central California, Germany, southern California, British Columbia(Canada), Georgia, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin, Quebec(Canada), Pennsylvania, Mississippi
The bold one is me! My gamer tag is SandTiger. Contact me if you wanna play!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
UPDATE

Current player count: 822
Players most recently added to: Pennsylvania, Virginia, northern California, Western Australia, Washington, Oregon, Maryland, Illinois, Missouri, southern California, North Carolina

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
Oh... I just noticed that if you scroll waaaaay over to the right in the readme file, you said:
"in order for the auto-update to work you must right-click the folder in Google Earth called Global Smasher Compendium version 0.02b and click Edit. Then check the box that says 'Refresh Parameters' and click OK."
That solves that mystery.
Ah, thanks Razgriz ^^; I just noticed that thanks to your post.

And thank you Simna, I'm one of the Oregon players (or single OR player) you added in the last update. Sure wish I lived in SoCal, though. Look at 'em all!

ISeeTheLight

Smash Rookie
Wow, I downloaded it straight away, this is amazing. Sadly though I noticed there were not too many smashers near me. Still, this is a really cool tool to see where all our fellow smashers are at. =)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess nobody around here lives in Leipzig, where I'll move soon... or somebody does and I just couldn't find it because my computer sucks too much for Google Earth. Guess I wasted my time there. Anyway, I'll still join, if I may.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I thought I wouldve seen Silentwolf or Tori, or some other popular guys in these boards in Washington (i see gimpyfish lol and his bowser), do they not know about GSC or? I told my friends about this thing and hopefully they will register, this is a great idea.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
UPDATE

Current player count: 874
Players most recently added to: Washington, North Carolina, Massachusetts, northern California, Georgia, New York, Ontario, North Dakota, southern California, Missouri, Germany

New Venue: North Carolina

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey simna, are you the only person working on this? If you are, we should try to get a team working on it - implimenting new features and to spread the word, so new content can be added more frequently and it bigger bulk. Also, i contacted my local LAN center just now, and i asked them if they're doing ssbm tournaments, and the guy said "not until it comes out on wii...", and i clarified it wasnt brawl....or maybe i misinterpretted him, but ill let you know when they start doing tournys so you can add that as a venue or something.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Yes I am the only one working on it and advertising is good^_^ But as always I would like everyone to spread the word to their friends about this to get the word out

As far as new features go, I'm incredibly open to suggestions

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Yes I am the only one working on it and advertising is good^_^ But as always I would like everyone to spread the word to their friends about this to get the word out

As far as new features go, I'm incredibly open to suggestions
Instead of it showing directions between locations, you should go the extra mile and invent teleportation and integrate that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If it's not asking too much, some advertisement outside of America would be nice... I would help, but I don't know a single smasher personally.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
As far as outside the US goes I've advertised on a popular Australian nintendo forum, the is actually a popular German website i've advertised at, at that same German website the webmaster talked with me and created an email script that allows ppl to join the GSC directly from that website, and i've setup pages on the smashwiki gsc page to have multiple language mirrors...and i hope again that smashers spread the word in their area^_^ any suggestions on good places i can advertise would be very much appreciated

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh... could you tell me where that website is, please? I'd really appreciate that..

EDIT: Erm, the German one, of course. Yes.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm guessing we have to contact you through email. My computer is taking soooooooooo long to do anything I don't even know if I'll get this done today.

If I do get it done I'll be the first Barbadian player on it =)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hey Simna sir, hope you don't mind but could you add the following to the GSC?

Crew: Teh Fair

Alias: Janitor
Main: Luigi
Address: 5006-38 AVE, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Email/MSN: theasiantemptation@hotmail.com

Alias: Ring Master 1337
Main: Captain Falcon
Address: 10 Sherwood Crescent, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Email/MSN: Your_Pimp_Sean@hotmail.com

Alias: R.L.Prodigy
Main: Ice Climbers
Address: 5006-38 AVE, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Email/MSN: Flava_Sava123@hotmail.com

Alias: MAIN Attraction
Main: Jigglypuff
Address: 134 Lougheed Close, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Email/MSN: Chaoticninja_321@hotmail.com

No Crew

Alias: FalseFalco
Address: 6732 87st, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Email/MSN: carl_trautman@hotmail.com

Alias: =]
Address: 60 brookmark mews sw calgary alberta
Email/MSN: mariownage@gmail.com

thanks sir, hope it's not too much *blush*

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Mindphazzer: I already added you a while ago. You probably missed the server change info. You need to download a new file.(You can find links to it on the first post) The file you need is GSCv003b.kml

Red Exodus: I update the GSC about every 10 days. Next update will be in about 2 days.

Top Bottom