• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
lol its pish banter, Most low tiers blah blah blah, most people have played low tiers but so few actually concentrate on there lowtiers in particular, giving those players a massive advantage, so go **** yourself you ignorant prick.

Kone

Smash Master
Ant - Just me and stevie started deal or no deal smash. used to get stoned and play it for hours. Didnt realise it had spread lol

Low tiers - is awful crack. What happens is every now and then everyone suddenely get excited about the prospect of a lower tier tourney. Then it happens and quickly people become aware ff ****ty it is. This is due to the fact that no one really knows the match ups (unlike eg fox v falco) which removes alot of the element of competitive melee, then the crappier players that like the idea of a low tier tournament for the reason that they think they do better realise this isnt the case and lastly it leaves about 4 people that either main a low tier or the tree or so top players that are so decent they can play low tiers to a good standard.

All in all theres no excitement. I really dont care if i lose first round or not. I couldnt care if joes kirby beats my ness. I DO care if joe beats me in normal singles, crews or doubles. This expecially matters when moneys on the line.

Then at the end of low tiers everyone realies it was ****ty banter and they arent played at a tourney for two years.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
rooooooofl **** OFF ED!

But honestly if people want to push crews or something then Im not bothered, I was just arguing with Joe for the sake of it and it also gives me a chance to use Roy and DK:laugh: plus the banter

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Falcon loses...

...to NO MAN!

*AS FOR THIS RANDOM ****E, ITS JUST THAT, ****E! I AGREE WITH WILL, EVEN A LOW TIER TOURNEY IS BETTER THEN THAT PISH*

as for a low tier tourney, seeing as were johning the **** out of melee by excluding the 'top tiers' then what kinda of advantage should we give a KIRBY when he plays LUIGI??

i mean luigi's obviously going to win coz hes higher on the list =/ =/ =/
i mean thats the reason we're not using top tiers anyway right.
My Y.LINK is in the bottom tier, so its not fair if i come across a LINK player really is it =(.

Thats basically the thought process behind a low tier tourney. go **** yourselves.

Do teams and crews

that said, if its just for giggles its all gravy, put puting money on that ****... ****e
Luigi isn't even that good. He's most certainly low tier and lol at all the people thinking he's a broken low tier :laugh:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hey Fuzzy, definitely put me down for this, I can 100% make it, doesn't coincide with exams so its cool.

Low tier discussion: Hey hugo, i **** ur Bowser with my kirby, dont hype urself up lol, ull just dissapoint the others;). Im definitely up for it if theres a low tier tournament. Random tournament sounds fun too, I remember my first ranbat in sept where I used random and came 7th:laugh: didnt have the game at tht time tho so i sucked

Smash 64 discussion: Im up for this too, tho its been a while since ive played it on a joypad, been on a keyboard for the most part. I can bring a N64 and I sold Hugo the game so he shud have that somewhere so tell me if its going on so I can bring it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Saying that people not knowing the matchup makes a low tier tournament not very competitive is complete balls frankly. I know this for a fact as being a Doctor mario player who yea, isn't low tier but is most definately a character not many people play. So a lot of people don't know very well/ at all that matchup but it's not as if that gives me a huge advantage. It still comes down to who's the smarter and better player.

What the hell is all this hating for the low tiers going on anyway?? It'll be fun and interesting and a LOT of the players that will be atending will have someone in mind.

Joe- shut up you're boring me

AmcD

Smash Ace
I don't get it. People who don't enter doubles why would they enter a low tier tournament?
Also some people who would enter doubles probably won't enter low tier.

Kone

Smash Master
Its not frankly balls u tit ben. Knowing a matchup inside out is what makes a certain matchup so intense, as both players are aware of what each other can do etc and try outwit etc. Removing this makes alot of lower tier matches sporadic and not as intense. I enjoy playing a good lower tier, as in i look forward to playing will's luigi, when its at a high tourney level. Not a bunch of ****ty lower tiers in a tourney lol.

Z - **** off lol if u wanna play dk then play him bum style.

Low tier is ****ty crack. It pains me seeing it mentioned. ive never seena lower tier tourney have any banter.

me,joe,will,z,jam vs anyone that tries their luck

Aiko

Smash Champion
I want to make this clear to everyone. The only money you will be paying is for venue, melee singles and teams (if it happens). No money will be put into low tiers or crews or anything else we do.

COEY

Smash Lord
Saying that people not knowing the matchup makes a low tier tournament not very competitive is complete balls frankly. I know this for a fact as being a Doctor mario player who yea, isn't low tier but is most definately a character not many people play. So a lot of people don't know very well/ at all that matchup but it's not as if that gives me a huge advantage. It still comes down to who's the smarter and better player.

What the hell is all this hating for the low tiers going on anyway?? It'll be fun and interesting and a LOT of the players that will be atending will have someone in mind.

Joe- shut up you're boring me
Ben actually hits the nail on the head.

If you actually know so little about the game that you dont even know some match ups for just one low tier then you know **** all and should shut the **** up. Alot of people will think that i want low tiers cause a dabble quite abit with luigi these days, but thats actually a loads of balls. I've always played low tiers to almost a similar standard to alot of my higher tier characters, if anyone knows me at all they'd realise i've tried to play y.link, bowser, pikachu, i even had a go at mewtwo and link at different points.

They're 26 different characters in smash if you hadnt realised? Not all have the same ability or potential that is true. It's just the same argument people make when they play a decent samus or something i know alot of people used it against VA. "I dont play against samus or dont know the match up at all." The reason why people have this john and it is a john a massive huge ****ing john. The reason is underestimation of characters, you have all the time to learn every match up you just choose not to as your so confident in your ability. The best thing about beating ppl with low tiers is the devastation it causes and i love it :)

COEY

Smash Lord
Oh and Ed my luigi already is at a tournament level. He is actually my strongest character as of now.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I actually fancy lower tier because its a structured tourney that has loads of potential banter. Being able to use mewtwo and roy without getting absolutely piped by some stupid average as **** falco spamming lasers is glorious for a bit of banter. I don't care enough to defend it to the death though and Ed is actually spot on with what hes saying about match ups lol, not knowing the depth of the lower tiers reduces the competition of it and all that - not that it isn't a john though - same for people who don't use a lower tier character.

I actually prefer crew matches anyway, I just don't see how applicable it could be on the day, as north vs south alone can be a bother to get it going alone nevermind drafted.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Will's luigi isn't the only good low tier in the UK :/. From reading this thread I can see that you and Joe don't fancy it but a lot of other people including me think it's a good idea, perhapps something to take into a consideration.

Kone

Smash Master
Will u mustve miss read my post, i highlighted that your luigi was worth playing as it was toureny standard. I dont see the point in playing a tourney full of chars played at a lower capability thats all :/ and people arent going to know mewtwo vs kirby anywhere near aswell as most matchups u see at a tourney.Im happy to learn any matchup thats worht knowing. If someone 'devastated' me with DK then i woldnt john, id learn the matchup.

I jsut havent seen a decent lower tier tourney, cos most people play chars at a sub par to their normal ones or those that can play them for real U_U

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I actually agree with Ed for the most part here, a low tier tourney would be full of really horrible 6 minute matches and generally less out-thinking each other. The quality of play will be bog-standard but quality of banter through the roof imo.

Why would there be no buy-in though? Surely at least something like £1 for low tier and £3 per person for crews or something, this makes it kinda pointless tbh and I would go back to just electing doubles regardless of the amount of players.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
the thing is you're assuming that the majority of the combatents in the tourney if there is one will be pretty godawful with their low tier but I dont think that would be the case. Aside from Will's luigi (that tbh is enjoying a bit of time in the spotlight) and yea is good, theres also Z's Roy which is ridiculous, Frostbyte's pikachu that is rly good, Foulplay's link which is pretty decent, Pros young link, I have a pretty good yoshi. I think it would be good :)

AmcD

Smash Ace
My DK is amazing....but i hate low tiers so guess no-one will be able to see my amazing DK.

COEY

Smash Lord
I love the spotlight ben :D

Did you also know that the mr copeland in question turned down my offer of a MM against his roy. =o

grayfox

Smash Champion
Alright who has suggestions for getting crews up and running!?!

I'd like to see regionals regardless but some form of draft crew could be fun. I remember us trying it once though and we only got 1 stock each, thats ****e banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom