• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko

Smash Champion
ok stages have been decided:

Singles
1 Stage ban
Random: FD, PS, DL64
Counterpick: FoD, YS, BF, Mute, Brinstar, DK64, Rainbow Ride, Pokefloats

Doubles:
No Stage ban
Counterpick: YS, BF, DK64,

Banned Stages:
Everything else

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Listen to this wise man.

ok stages have been decided:

Singles
1 Stage ban
Counterpick: FoD, YS, BF, Mute, Brinstar, DK64, Rainbow Ride, Pokefloats

Doubles:
No Stage ban
Counterpick: YS, BF, DK64,

Banned Stages:
Everything else
peter better hope I don't counterpick him.

Kone

Smash Master
floats? .......................i think the last time i played that in tourney was 4 years ago lol the crack

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
FoD, mute, brinstar, and floats should be off teams. but if rainbow ride is on singles it should be on doubles too it would be a counter pick for much the same reasons as in singles and by disallowing it just reduces the depth of the doubles tournament.

this is will btw not ste.

J03

Smash Master
north va south is basically the UK top 10 xD

after that the north has better players like coey, aiko, ac_anon, ryan and ed

south has jet

and edwin...

tbh the south does have more scrubs then the north

EDIT: RAINBOW RIDE AND POKEFLOATS ARE NOT DOUBLES STAGES.

however mushroom kingdom 2 is a reknowned doubles stage

Kone

Smash Master
Personally i think North V south should happen at this. The location is middle grounds so we should get a decent turnout from both. Think 7 v 7 should be the way ahead, that way one big performance from one players doesnt mean its over AND top 7 from each side should all be pretty competitive. Its pretty much taken everyone who makes it into the bracket.

grayfox

Smash Champion
HERES A PROTIP: Quit the game you are all washed up!

7 vs 7 is probably fine. I think the only way to make the match in any way competitive is to allow some of the weaker players fight it out otherwise the south, with its top 5 players, will clearly just steamboat the north while the north with its more widespread marginal talent over say 7-10 players could even it out.

J03

Smash Master
8 v 8 lol.

Z, you dont suck at crews, you suck at smash.

ryan, you clearly dont know what your talking about, or maybe you do. My point is this

SHUT IT

grayfox

Smash Champion
Shes ****e For The Banter Though Which Actually Means Shes Amazing! Shes The High Tier Version Of Roy, Dont Fault Me For Being A Tier ***** Ok

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ok guys whoever wants to come from london im going to book 10 tickets~

Confirmed:

Me
Frostbyte
Chrisboi
TC
VA
Prof Pro?

Its £8.25 each, pay me asap ^_^

J03

Smash Master
aye but if it was considered likely at all, id really have appreciated a heads up.

other then that, if theres a big tourney going down i intend to attend lol

Kone

Smash Master
Charles - In regards to SVB and 'threads being up' you mean that thread by hurrican rev. Its terrible man, no one is going to reply to any of his threads, they look and read immaturely. Passed that they aint going to get any europeans never mind americans turning up in feb this late notice. Why?? 1. ESA3 will most likely be happening end of Feb and this has a proven record (tho not the best better than no record) and is easy to get to for the continent. 2. THERES NO HOUSING FOR SVB = your not getting any foreigners.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
2. THERES NO HOUSING FOR SVB = your not getting any foreigners.
This is true, you can't expect someone to travel around the world and not get free housing, thats just insane, they're paying hundreds of quid just to play you guys. They'll probably look at it, message you asking if there is any possibility of free housing, then when they get the answer, they'll just say no thanks.

@C03Y: we still have a score to settle, i hear your playing luigi, this best not be true. a set is a must.

COEY

Smash Lord
Keiran do you really want a repeat of my young link vs you :p I am playing luigi thtis is true as ant confirmed and i'm loving every single second of it.

I'd like to take this time to point out that everyone should be playing a low tier in some form or another, try luigi he is absolutely crazy, better than ****ing roy anyday!

COEY

Smash Lord
I think your just johning tbh :p Dont worry the americans john about luigi so much he got moved up. It's all massive Johns though thats the thing with smash. It's like the cement, with the players making the johns the bricks.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I'd like to take this time to point out that everyone should be playing a low tier in some form or another, try luigi he is absolutely crazy, better than ****ing roy anyday!
Bowser ftw. That is all.

EDIT:
Wait, what? GGT2? I'm there! Charles, book me tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom