• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

J03

Smash Master
btw, even though i lost matches here and there, i never felt much worse then anybody, did anyone else find that?

its like this tourney closed alot of gaps between people and Uk smash is up in the air

so id like to congratulate every single smasher for a bloody good show chaps.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree Joe. If Allan beat Jam he'd have gotten 17th instead of 4th LOL

I think a lot of placings comes down to match ups and who faces who and when rather than before when it was a given some people would get so far.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've turned over such a new leaf now that I accept brawl and the brawl I got for xmas I am now playing it and thinking of playing it as competitively...if not MORE then melee. Its better then I expected and the lack of technical skill is the most interesting part.

I will do shoutouts later...
GTFO my love for you has now gone.

Really enjoyed this tournament, had a great time, was nice seeing everyone again and seeing so many new people. Gratz to charles and prof for putting on such a great final, love you both.

Prof and VA you guys really inspired me to learn fox, hopefully I will have a decent fox come the next tourney

Thanks Ant for putting on such a great tourney.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I felt this tournament decided where people are at in a good way and it really did show that ALOT of people are closer in level then it would appear lol.
Like new people like King, Tamoo, Frugs and Clockmire coming along and giving people like Kone, Grayfox and Ac-anon a hard time. I felt alot of good spirit and sportmanship in the tourn which I feel would have neen shattered if someone like Chrisboi was there. He doesnt help people who are lower then him out, he just 4stocks people and laughs at them which is funny for a while but when people want to improve its no help and pretty much a demotivator. I feel happy when I hear people like Smo saying that we all made him feel very welcome and this tournament hopefully shows the UK is coming on up.

Even though I played the finals I have no idea of what they were like loool. But people are saying that they are good so I am looking forward to watching them. I want to see if I pulled off any good combos is well on Fuzzyness cos I seriously cant remember, I was just trying to keep my cool. I remember Fuzz prediciting my roll to a rest on mute though lol.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
shoutouts!
first off to EVERYBODY the banter was thick and creamy

aiko the tournament ran smoother than a wet dream maximum props :D

everybody in pool! it was a good pool, blows were exchanged, good times were made and broken lol. Ryan is too good - seriously man it was like playing a decent chun on 3S, trading blows but i was taking more damage.
you have some naruto **** going on with your missles too!! like they would just miss me but i'd still get hit!!! i think 70-75% of them went off in my face it was outrageous haha. i was joking about the marth aswell i know that thing is crazy. I like the comment about you being a uk drephen but fact is you're jus worldwide graysocks, banter king, homewrecker!!!

pro had the banter and the skills. I had a great time playing you in friendlies, i know RAF peeped that too i'm glad there were witnesses cause i know some of that was HOT, ahhaha . i really hope i get to play you in a high stakes tournament match sometime! you have improved a whole lot from a whole little. i didn't know who you were not too long ago now you know nobody will be forgetting anytime soon :)

I want to say thank you to everybody that watched any of my matches aswell. I got to the tourny and saw Z vs somebody draw a crowd and i was like, that's it that's my aim for this tourny i want a crowd! and i know me and robby had peoples watching :D so thank you everybody! the banter was immense

so many people impressed me. Will!! your luigi is dangerous son, i've never played a luigi who actually knows whats up except for doug's but that was before anybody knew how luigi did his thing lol. I like that you're such a chilled guy but when the stakes are on that passion comes clear haha! really i like that a lot !! same to robby it's always good to see, when everybody's in good spirits and i remember just how big this game is through my own enjoyment and the reactions and intensity from everybody else!

Charles big congrats on winning the tourny, my highlight from you is me wishing you goodluck cause i'd had to leave soon and you're reply 'meh, i'll win!' I KNOW CHARLES I KNOW!!! too good son too good, one day i'll finish you though, don't even worry about that. The king is back 'the prodigal son has returned! i'm alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

SDB's ranks getting bulkier by the day, the banter grows . Sam is a more than worthy addition and it was great to meet you man, hit me up sometime or get a facebook or something we gotta train that ganon of yours !! my name is Jamie Jahanpour for fb and you can get me at /mmwelovejam on myspace but i'm not on that so much. anything that we can keep in touch by innit

Z i know you weren't at 110% , because i didn't get ***** lol and though you're always fire i know there's a beast beneath the surface haha. i had to think very hard in matches against you and i never felt safe , a bonus of your crazy combos for sure. it's a pleasure to have you in SDB, but really , isn't everybody an SDB member deep down!? :D

owna your yoshi is dangerous man, like crazy! i sat down knowing i'd have a hard time and man with a little more you coulda taken me down like i was a nobody lol. Keep training that yoshi it's fierce !! RAF and Jam gota collaborate for a poppin session sometime haha i think thats one of my biggest goals in life at the moment :D al of you guys are sound as p ounds and it was great to see you guys at another tourny. Ouch and spam i gota have some solid games with you guys whenever we get the chance! I not played any of RAF enough but we'll make that right

Ed!!! taking 7th!?!?!?! old lions never die you and me both know that haha, **** it cant NOBODY be saying anything to us hahahahaha we don't even play this game anymore and look where we placed!! EVERYBODY SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! hahahaha SDB for life all day every day

Scott i love you more than i can ever put in to words <3

Joe you're improving man and you have some fire in them breaches. i want to have a good long session with you sometime mate we'l get our smash on and both learn a lot i think!

VA you know the set was too good !! i was saying since i played you first time in Brighton 'Yea i held my own but i won't beat him in a tourny set' and there we have it . you have upped your game a lot now don't stop and step it up, a lot of your characters are on the verge of 'it' you get me!? your peach is the best in the country (charles says amcd sorry man i gota play you again) , your fox is houdini with all those tricks and that samus is just scary. so keep going, reach for the stars T_______________T

allan! you are fierce!!! i think you are a lot better than you think you are and i wanna see you back to your 13th old self soon man. I actually think with a small small investment you could be a real demon of this game. I told Z to give you advice so tell me if he doesn't and i'll rough him up haha, advance wars tactics were messing me up something nasty and you that CC BULL**** is painful for me LOL, but you do it better than the best, welcome to SDB!

kingnds the uk king of link! keep going man , you need a little bit more understanding of playing close up stagger play if you get me. i was able to jab you jus to interrupt you somewhat and then i was landing things i shouldn't be able to! but i know there is a solid and clever game in there. unique too! so keep it up man, work on that defense and come back a real KING!

Jam omfg what can i say. the king, the lion, the beast, the anniahlator, 4 stock demon, OLD SCHOOL MASTER, UK TAMER OF THE # 5, all day, keep it up son you're simply the best

anybody i forgot i'll edit and add you in if i remember! But anybody i did i love yall even more than those i posted about!!! <3<3<3<3<3

VA

Smash Hero
Gay yeah I do have your pad joe, I thought it was a magic find seeing as no one had posted about it. It's in ****ing perfect condition and I practiced a bit with it today and it made me realise how much I need a new pad =[ maybe gimme your address or something and paypal me a few quid and I'll send it to you.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Still yet 2 get 2 a pc so I'll say a few things

1)amazing tournament reali enjoyed playin wit u guys shld of got further in the tournament but o well thanks 4 the words of encouragement guys

2) shout outs 2 the London lot every1 in my group all the guys who I played friendlys wit n just every1 there (I suck wit these kinda things LOL)

3)N finally the BANTER tonnes of it n it's was just way 2 funny

Hopefully I shld b at the nxt 1 n just again thanks

Kone

Smash Master
KK this may be just alot of ramblings. Drove home through the snow today and well, like, took forever.

Really enjoyed this tournament. Venue is awful though but ant is a great host. Just let it to you man cos I know you got the skills.

Really enjoyed my matches against ryan. Def the drephen of the UK lol. That peach v samus match hurt something bad ;). Sambuca + coke? lol keep the hair up.

Robby - just need to shake the sdb hand and your all in. Pity there werent a pub appearance. I give a few snippets of commentary gold your way. Weren't all one sided ;) . Your fox makes me smile. U v jam made me smile. Probs the best set ive seen in a long time. I was literally on the floor with nerves.

Pro - Your fox makes me smile aswell. Pity you bottled it against charlies boyo but thats alreet. May play you next time, may not. Just the way I roll lol. Also, I four stocked frugs the match before so was like not playing props the second ;) and 3 stocked clockmire twice. Not taken anything from clock tho, he took a game and is a nice lad. PS clock u got skills keep it up. Add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com if u wanna talk peach.

Jam - lv what u did this tourney. Wish we saw more of ech other ^_^ :(. Next time? u better make EDster btw!!! wish u v z and u v robster was recorded. PS im best peach lad lol

Ryan - already spoke bout u but thought id say again cos ur craick was good lol ps im awful all that char race glad i had to go. didnt want my secret,of not being able to play any char exept peach, slipping out the bag

kieran - u look older

Z - good game the first one, second, sorry. Also apologies to anyone that played my fox hoho. Good stuff down the pub enjoyed ur company lots. The handshake moment is alll good.

John/dave/allan - pub action was terrific. welcome aboard and make edster. more nice times needed together.

ant - next time we'll play when i aint had a drink ;) ..maybe?

dacacia - keep it up ima expecting big things from u

joe/will - forgot bout germany? this also goes to robby and paul. u guys got online banking or paypal to sort out the tickets? cant afford to buy them and get it at a later date ps there still ame price checked now. enjoyed ur company as ever lads. lv the luigi n fox n what not. joe u may someday place higher than me but i dont know how likely this is :/ sorry man lol lv u both

craig - pity u werent round longer :( more sdb lv needed

charles - god**** u lol

rnf - make ne tourney better

getting inreasingly bored with shoutsouts right now

SCOTT BROUGHT THE BEST BANTER AT THIS TOURNAMENT - for those wondering if he made subway city he def did not. he wasnt allowed in and ended up sniffing snuff in mcdonalds with an alcoholic and crackhead. scott said it was impressive banter. then i rang him in the morning and he was at a hotel room with some guyX_X i left it at that lol

ps scott turned up and didnt play any smash. v.impressive imo

SAM -muchos lv man. thanks for everything n ur general goodness. didnt text bk cos im a lazy ****. buy smash and get practicing and ull be a mean competitor. come up to seaham soon

I agree with joe that this tourney had some high standards. uk getting scary tourney wise

EDster will be hosted in the easter hols ie within last three weeks of april. I will have a thread up 2moro and shall try get a venue and date confirmed by the end of this week :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Edwin and his weird ways and me having the LOOOLz

Edwin Watson says:
i wanna say '' i will go to the next one '' but whats the point
·$29Oo°·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤ ·$39 Áä®öñ ·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤·$29°oO ·$1™ says:
cos u know ur not gonna make it lool

$29Oo°·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤ ·$39 Áä®öñ ·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤·$29°oO ·$1™ says:
whether or not ur good u dnt prove it so it takes away the factor of u being good

Edwin Watson:
how can you say that , i understand saying that to someone else but me , cmon man for real i always place good at tourneys
29Oo°·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤ ·$39 Áä®öñ ·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤·$29°oO ·$1™ says:
u placed high at ALT
·$29Oo°·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤ ·$39 Áä®öñ ·$4¤·´`· ¸ »¤·$29°oO ·$1™ says:
when i mained peach lol

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
kieran - u look older
Roofl nice shout (doh)

Aye it was nice actually talking to you for once.
I will be coming to Edster as well for the banter obviously, it'll be nice to see you all again haha.

I'll do shoutouts later I'm still knackered and doing homework at the same time rooofl, 3 essays. D:

Videos will be up tomorrow. No Worries.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well atleast we know that you are going to upload the vidoes 2moro so thanks.
Will all of them be up in one day if I may ask or is there going to a certain order you upload them over a few days?

Kone

Smash Master
kieran : cool bout vids. ppl demanding them like its normal for them to go up so quick. ur doing a good job being so prompt. cheers

VA

Smash Hero
yeah nice one kieran man, I'm just excited to see them. For some reason I can't remember my recorded sets, maybe I was just way more focused than usual, it's weird I usually remember them :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Yeah that happened to me a bit this tournament against Charles ESP.

I think I remember our set.
First set you went fox and the last stage was YS (forgot the first stage)
I think the second set you went peach and beat me a few times.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool. It will all come back 2moro when you see the vids lol. Cant wait to see them since they were all such good games and hopefully they all get uploaded in one day but I can wait if it dont.

VA

Smash Hero
I might just go to bed, so I can wake up tomorrow with nice vids. Another snow day tomorrow plx <3

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think it is snowing still tomorrow.

either way I get another day off LOL

VA

Smash Hero
All I did today was chain smoke, make a snow man and have uber many snowball fights. I was just throwing snowballs at randomers and running away. Oh and there were a lot of people sledging on this hill, someone brought out a canoe. It was pretty much good times all day. Drunk tea and hot chocolate, infact...today *****. Moarsnowdayplx.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I don't get any days off due to snow :( stupid southampton where it never snows/snows only enough to make the paths slightly slippery. 10 - 6 lectures suuuuuck; especially when your sleep pattern is still ****ed from a trip to Birmingham.

@PPro - definitely did beat you once, but you did suicide a couple of times. I'll take it anyway lol

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
lol You wait, next time I'll be sooo much better and you'll eat you words. Or I'll get destroyed repeatedly. Both are good options, I guess.

Also, why the hell wasn't frostbyte there? I really wanted to learn from his Marth :(

Aiko

Smash Champion
thread will be kept open for a couple of days after the vids are up

if the discussion actually gets interesting and worthwhile, i'll keep it open longer. seems like uk smash is actually maturing now.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Theres a few videos up atm, the two VA and Prof sets, one didn't have commentary but the best of 5 did. Cheers Joe and Sam for the commentary, my youtube channel is; http://www.youtube.com/foulplay001 and the videos are obviously in the videos section, if you want an update of them before I post later on tonight with a list of sections, just subscribe or something or bookmark the page.

VA

Smash Hero
Quit that ****.

Keep this thread open plzlzzz, for the match discussion and crap.
Yeah I'm quitting again soon, I just needed something to keep me occupied on friday when I stayed in.

P.S wow kieran thanks for getting these matches online so fast. I really enjoyed watching them back. Lol at my 3rd stock of peach vs fox on YS. I actually forgot how close the games were, I failed a few really important gimps against you prof. don't expect to get so lucky next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom