• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Enterprises Crew Thread: Thread Updated!

M@v

Subarashii!
Kite Kirby(berserker)
oshi did you see surprise for Apex?

Scott Costa 6:44 pm
reading now
he sneaakkkyyy
only problem is i suck too much to get those benefits D:

Scott Costa 6:45 pm
well if we are making any of them
it would be ktar

KiteKirby 6:50 pm
I want you to write up a schedule that starts now and goes until Ktar. 20 hours of Smash every week, including practice, tape watching, and examinations. Summer schedule will have 30 hours. The final week before Ktar will have a grand 40 hours of Smash training, leading up to two days before the tournament. The rest will be for the history books. I wanna see this schedule before 8 AM in my email inbox kitekirby@gmail.com. If it is not -- IT WILL BE THERE. Commence your mission, soldier.

FOR CRIMEA!!

KiteKirby is away 6:50 pm
Getting food. 2s ago Comment

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Kite Kirby(berserker)
oshi did you see surprise for Apex?

Scott Costa 6:44 pm
reading now
he sneaakkkyyy
only problem is i suck too much to get those benefits D:

Scott Costa 6:45 pm
well if we are making any of them
it would be ktar

KiteKirby 6:50 pm
I want you to write up a schedule that starts now and goes until Ktar. 20 hours of Smash every week, including practice, tape watching, and examinations. Summer schedule will have 30 hours. The final week before Ktar will have a grand 40 hours of Smash training, leading up to two days before the tournament. The rest will be for the history books. I wanna see this schedule before 8 AM in my email inbox kitekirby@gmail.com. If it is not -- IT WILL BE THERE. Commence your mission, soldier.

FOR CRIMEA!!

KiteKirby is away 6:50 pm
Getting food. 2s ago Comment
....what lol

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
note to the melee players. 2nd free latex tourney will be this saturday at 1pm...not expecting a large turnout, but i dont really care, lemme know if you are gonna show up

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'd like to wish everyone a happy State Patty's Day ^_^

I got 5 tests and a paper for next week so I don't get to celebrate at all... everyone who drinks, please do a shot of whiskey for me!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
to the state college brawl players, do you guys feel like a tournament after spring break sometime? Either traveling to one, or me and slim could do mavstravaganza 2: mavpocalypse... Now that I'm out of retirement and actively training again, I wanna get out to stuff! ^_^

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@umbra, whatever my schoolwork allows, I'll be up for. Still not ready for a national, though (technically and financially speaking).

So after playing Project M a bit, I actually feel like playing Melee again (not competitively, that'd be dumb for me to do). I may feel like attending some of these weekend free tournaments >.>

_umbra_

Smash Champion
hmmmm... I have been feeling a road trip lately, but for some reason I feel like something's going on march 26th. maybe I'm just being dumb though lol

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
tell mav to just plan ahead, maybe use his frat house and hold an actual big, legit tourney with no venue fee and free housing.

itd end up being cheaper and really popular despite the high prices of parking

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
tell mav to just plan ahead, maybe use his frat house and hold an actual big, legit tourney with no venue fee and free housing.

itd end up being cheaper and really popular despite the high prices of parking
Umm actually there is a lot of places you can park FREE on weekends I found this out :) Such as in Hub deck on weekends. If u guys plan a melee tourney I can get people to travel but it has to be worth it ie 30ish plus at least plus housing options players like me and Cactuar would also be drawn with social life aspect of after tourney...

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
ive been talking with jmoan (and dobs briefly), it looks like we are going to plan a tourney at psu for this summer (giving us, especially dobs lol 3 months to hype). i would offer housing within reason, not to everyone but yea....

id need information on the free parking areas, which shouldnt be a problem, and agreed we would have the time and need to hype it to get min 30, no point otherwise

also, this tournament would be solely melee singles and doubles...regardless if its a weekend or not, i dont wanna sit around and watch 4 million hours of brawl, although i would be open to a side event like mvc3 lol (sorry brawl)

give me some individualized feedback regarding your likelihood of attendance or suggestions for dates, thank yas

_umbra_

Smash Champion
summer makes it tough b/c everyone's gonna be at home... buuuut I was planning on staying in state college and working this summer anyway ^_^

just don't make it the same date as cot5, i'd like to go to that

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
ive been talking with jmoan (and dobs briefly), it looks like we are going to plan a tourney at psu for this summer (giving us, especially dobs lol 3 months to hype). i would offer housing within reason, not to everyone but yea....

id need information on the free parking areas, which shouldnt be a problem, and agreed we would have the time and need to hype it to get min 30, no point otherwise

also, this tournament would be solely melee singles and doubles...regardless if its a weekend or not, i dont wanna sit around and watch 4 million hours of brawl, although i would be open to a side event like mvc3 lol (sorry brawl)

give me some individualized feedback regarding your likelihood of attendance or suggestions for dates, thank yas
Check dates of Melee events in Atlantic North off of memory I think sometime in June would be good... July is Genesis 2 May is semi big tourney in NJ

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
@umbra - summer not good for locals, but locals flake out of every locally held tournament anyway (not to mention they dont play melee), so im more aiming towards people willing to travel for it

@dobs - yea, me and jmoan will have a date within 7 days, gotta secure a venue, mav perhaps you could help me out w/ that (i know this is addressed to dobs but w/e) dobs start trying to get a feel if people would be open to it sometime in june

@whoever - didn't some people sponsor some tournament in the state college area? i dont know who they are or what not so if someone can give me info on that, itd make me sweat. thanks

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@whoever - didn't some people sponsor some tournament in the state college area? i dont know who they are or what not so if someone can give me info on that, itd make me sweat. thanks
You mean Triple....Triple Tram....I don't remember their name. ._.

Triple Tramp Athletics? They hosted Battle Royale III at the Days Inn near mav's place.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
June 4th or 11th for possible dates... pretty much any weekend in June other then Cot5 weekend which is last weekend also Brawl event on 4th too but not sure how much that would affected melee turnout...

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
You mean Triple....Triple Tram....I don't remember their name. ._.

Triple Tramp Athletics? They hosted Battle Royale III at the Days Inn near mav's place.

You got it. Triple Tramp Athletics and it's subdivision Triple Tramp Gaming.

there's only one way to find out!

namesearch powers, activate!
nasty
smurf
fury

gogogo

lolol... i RARELY ever namesearch but i just randomly did tonight and found this. :)

btw, Fury quit playing this game competitively so he never even checks the boards anymore. :(

Nasty did say they were planning something again for the summer, didn't he? But I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be Brawl again.

Triple Tramp did wanna do another brawl tourney but on a much larger scale. They are teaming with Chibo for CoT5 to help make that possible! So me and smurf will not be hosting one this summer, rather it's going to be CoT5 that TTA will be sponsoring.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
sigh, the melee scene around is much deader than it was way back when, which surprises me although it makes perfect sense

so aside from casually playing jmoan from time to time, i think i'll just go back to inactivity because i do not believe there is much of a future left, or at least not long enough of one to warrant traveling/practicing so much

<3 GE

edit: oh, and dobs, me and jmoan pretty much decided we are nobodies in the middle of nowhere so a tourney held here would inevitably fail. unfortunate, but probably true, and not worth the hassle.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
sigh, the melee scene around is much deader than it was way back when, which surprises me although it makes perfect sense

so aside from casually playing jmoan from time to time, i think i'll just go back to inactivity because i do not believe there is much of a future left, or at least not long enough of one to warrant traveling/practicing so much

<3 GE

edit: oh, and dobs, me and jmoan pretty much decided we are nobodies in the middle of nowhere so a tourney held here would inevitably fail. unfortunate, but probably true, and not worth the hassle.
Lame if u book it they will come idk I'm having fun a philly monthlies... That is pretty much only time I play. I go to things for the social aspect

_umbra_

Smash Champion
would you guys feel like another slimfest/mavstravaganza/whatever we call it in a few weeks? I was thinking april 23rd would be nice.

Top Bottom