• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
kk, ima be serious with the rents about me driving to this so i have no last sec johns. polmex, ed, and lade are in the hands of wonderbread

-Spike-

Smash Ace

Fighting game lovers unite!

Join HRnut, GDX, and Curaga at the GameKnights Fight Night!

Even more practice for the big day!
Is anyone else coming to this all nighter fest thingie? I know gdx and hrnut should be coming to this for practice. Ill come if there are people gonna be here. But if its just gonna be gdx hrnut and myself, then im not gonna pay $20 when i could just prac with them for free :)

*UPDATE:

I just saw that Hbox is hosting WATO 6.5 This same day of the allnighter. Im pretty sure this is going to effect ur attendance severely.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Is anyone else coming to this all nighter fest thingie? I know gdx and hrnut should be coming to this for practice. Ill come if there are people gonna be here. But if its just gonna be gdx hrnut and myself, then im not gonna pay $20 when i could just prac with them for free :)

*UPDATE:

I just saw that Hbox is hosting WATO 6.5 This same day of the allnighter. Im pretty sure this is going to effect ur attendance severely.
I'm not really too concerned about it. The only thing that I really worry about as far as attendance is the tournament in November, the fight night is going to be packed with people and is going to be home to several other fighting games/players.

As far as people coming; I know I'll be there. :p lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I see that this tourney has picked up more than when I last saw it. I guess I can try to make it to this one.

:069:

Curaga

Smash Ace
Was this the tourney that you guys said you'd pay for my flight for if I went? Or was that Winterfest

cuz if my flight is paid for I'm DEFINITELY going instead of needing to think about it (because of other tourneys the same date and stuff)
We've made no statements regarding OOS players receiving any funds/bonus for entering, so you're probably thinking of Winterfest.

You could come to this one too in November. :p

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I'm not really too concerned about it. The only thing that I really worry about as far as attendance is the tournament in November, the fight night is going to be packed with people and is going to be home to several other fighting games/players.

As far as people coming; I know I'll be there. :p lol
Cool. Well i may attend the all nighter. Are there normally smashers that attend gameknights?

Oh btw, around wat time will the tournies actually start at?

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
Was this the tourney that you guys said you'd pay for my flight for if I went? Or was that Winterfest

cuz if my flight is paid for I'm DEFINITELY going instead of needing to think about it (because of other tourneys the same date and stuff)
Ur thinking of winterfest broski

Curaga

Smash Ace
Can anybody tell me the purpose of preregistering? Is it cheaper, helps you to avoid lines, etc.?
Gox can assist you more with that knowledge than I can.

Things to know in regardes to the big day: November 15th!

We're setting up so many big things for this tournament that your brain would explode.

Having finals matches played out on a certain television, which will also be wired to a projector screen to enable easy viewing for everyone at the event; as well as simultaneously recorded and LIVESTREAMED.

Epic good.

Remember that Wii's are required and not televisions; as we got plenty of those!

Remember that your admission door fee will be refunded if you enter both tournaments or if you bring a Wii & Brawl to be used for the duration of the tournament.

Remember that your admission door fee allows you access to all systems/platforms/titles that you would want to dabble in while the tournament is taking place. For instance, there are 10 XBOX 360s attached to computer monitors that can not support a Wii: so bring SF4, BB, Halo, whatever and take on fellow smashers in other games.

Help RXgaming and GameKnights reinforce FL into a positive video game/Smash community.

Most of all, COME! Have fun!!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Fun smashfest/tourney 2nite. GG's to everyone that I played

Shoutoutes to
Curaga, Fez, and Sean. Oh GDX too of course.

Well im tired so thats all for my post.

BTW Im calling 4 am jawns for losin to that oli lol.

Curaga

Smash Ace
The RXgaming and GK fight-night was a success! Thanks to Spike and GDX for making the trek out here, as well as defending Gameknights champ Lbron for stimulating the Brawl competition. There was only time for singles but the matches were pretty epic and the environment was fun filled.

Thanks for staying up with us!

Brawl:
1st. GDX - (Diddy Kong)
2nd. Lbron|RXGK| (Olimar)
3rd. Spike (Snake/Pit)

BlazBlue:
1st. Lbron|RXGK| (Tager)
2nd. Redbeard (Jin)
3rd. Battle|pGn| (Random)

Streetfighter IV
1st. Battle |pGn|- (Ryu)
2nd. Canadian Destroyer - (Sakura)
3rd. Curaga |RXGK| - (Chun-Li)

Soul Calibur IV
1st. Lbron|RXGK| - (Astaroth)
2nd. Joey - (Seung-Mina)
3rd. GDX - (Sophitia)

Special thanks to Battle of Paragon Gaming: http://www.goparagon.net
Special thanks to Larry for running the overnighter: http://www.gameknightsonline.com

This has been an RXgaming event, thanks for the fun!

---

Get hyped for the November 15th tournament!! Let's make this huge and fun for all! :D

OP has undergone some updates as well

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
I cannot wait for this tournamet. I have Saturday and Sunday requested off. Then I am staying in Orlando for SLAUGHTERHOUSE AND TECH N9NE!!!

Yar, then I am on vacation from my job for the next week!!! That makes me... well... pandy milk sexual chocolate!

Curaga

Smash Ace
Einstien.. Tech N9ne.. Ein-ein-ein-einstien.

Riiiooootmaaakeeeerrrrr

Excellent to hear you're looking forward to this! We're putting a lot of effort into it.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Gameknights Brawl is only a month away ladies and gentlemen!

The OP is complete and filled with full information; if you have any questions feel free to call my cell located on the flyer ad in the OP. Only 30 minutes away from UCF smashers; and closer than you'd think from South and North Florida.

We can not stress enough the importance of showing up; bringing friends; and bringing WIIs!!

The master of Ceremonies, Seibrik, and myself will all be joining forces to ensure the most well run tournament the Smash community has ever seen! Tons of televisions; free admission into the venue for bringing a wii or entering both tournaments; and free refreshments courtesy of our sponsers.

What do you have to lose!? Don't miss out on the fun and competition.

The best of Florida will be there; why wouldn't you?

The link to pre-register is active and located in the OP. Pre-registering helps us ensure your spot in the tournament in the event of being late; as well as assists us in preparing the event better. Not to mention; the information we gather goes a long way for us to hype you up when we release our full High Definition coverage of the event: complete with player bios!

HRnut: Come assemble the CFL crew for upcoming large tournaments in one convenient location where all smashers can congregate and Brawl it out!

PLAYERS: Let us know which side events interest you! Street Fighter 4? Melee? We need to know so the community can come together and bring their A game!

So lets recap: A spacious, well air conditioned arcade gaming center where you, your friends, and all of the best players will congregate to create a fun filled fiercely competitive atmosphere. 20+ televisions. No crowded corridors; no sweating, no body odor: just straight up GAMING!

Did I mention that its $$CHEAPER$$ than most other well known Florida tournaments?

What are you waiting for? RSVP now and tell the community that you'll be here for the GAME KNIGHTS BRAWL 2009!!

CO18

Smash Hero
I have a free entry pass to this place for some random dubz tourney i did with gio when i was there. 4got about that also

Does it apply for admission or is it seperate? Becuz I remember it costing 10 bux to get in.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Door fee is 5 dollars; the free admission coupons are for regular business days. But considering that bringing a wii and/or entering both Brawl events makes the door fee free.. no problem!

Get pumped!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Ill be here!!! Really lookin forward to this.

So close to my house too :)

Mero, XYZ, Polmex or Garbanzo team? (Not in any particular order)

Any1 else interested?

Get at me!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait, japes is still on?

Don't you guys go to and learn from gigs?

No one is EVER happy when that stage is picked, barely even the person who picked it. They just go into the match KNOWING they're going to win, often times regardless of who they're playing.

Banning a stage should be about baning a stage you simply don't like, not banning the gayest stage that if you don't ban it you're garunteed at least one loss in your set unless you pick mk or falco, half the time mk can't even compete there ironically enough.

The other half of the time, he doesn't get claptrapped. Do the math.

I'm all for RC being banned to IF that's on.

The hosts, you guys, just have to think about one thing:

What's you goal for running this tourny?

If it's to create a FUN FAIR enviroment where players can come to chill and get better/have a good time, japes and cruise definitely should not be part of that equation.

*EDIT*

Just looked at the first post:
I would add the info about the OOS bonus pot IN the title,
add the expected players like "Seibrik, RedHalberd,Co18, Hrnut comfirmed" to the title as well.
The date
name

If you have the time go through the pages of the thread, or simply ask people to state again, and make an expected list of attendance, edit that at the end of the first page, instead of saying "50+ people coming" in the title.

the thing that'll catch people's eyes are the players, not number of players, they can see that after opening the thread.

once you do ALL this (and do it ASAP) make a new thread in the tourniment listings section, so all other regioins can see it easy. make this BIG

and i too am wondering, are all the tv's gona have lag without component cables?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'll definetly go to this if Japes and RC are off. Because I agree with brik that those take a lot of the fun out of a tourney

Coffee™

I need it....
Door fee allows access to GK for the entirety of the tournament, even if not competing.
Admission will be FREE to a player who enters BOTH tournaments.
Admission will be FREE to a player who brings a Wii and a copy of Brawl![/COLOR][/SIZE]
So I come, enter singles and doubles and pay no entry fee, just door fee? Explain plz....

Toneh

Smash Lord
prize:
60/30/10

stacked way towards 1st place too much =/, never liked that.

45 30 15 10 is more legit at least, top 4

if only top 3

50/ 35 / 15

Top Bottom