• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link_Don

Smash Rookie
Yeh, thats kinda easy to find if you look through people's information about the game.

However my question is nowhere to be found, and so I must ask Gimpyfish or someone who played but no luck yet.
guess that means mario's cape has been nerfed in terms of recovery AND killing:(

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Awwww...*teartear*

Gotta love it when people bash something for no stated reason...
I loved the Show me your News, I laughed a lot. I've been listening to other episodes and I've liked them a lot too (and laughed), just not as much as the one with Gimpy in it. Although there is a guy whom I can't stand to listen to, I think its because of his voice + the way he talks (he has a way of pausing and some other crap), he was the one who did like some 10-20 minutes review about Megaman, Geno, The Clones and some other dudes in episode 14 I believe, nothing personal I just can't stand it when he talks :S.

Anyways rambling a bit, I meant to say I like Show me your News, keep it up! Maybe even after Brawl comes out :p.

You could argue that NONE of the characters know how to swim in Brawl, since if you stay in the water too long, you sink and die. Isn't the entire point of swimming to NOT sink? Its not like they just forget how to swim after a few seconds.

Maybe we should just call it treading water, or flailing around. When you do those in real life, you sink pretty quickly.
Well, how can characters jump in the middle of the air, yet still not be able to fly. Beats me

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Awwww...*teartear*

I love SMYN. In the last one you were talking breifly about the yu-gi-oh abridged series and so I thought I'd take a look at it. It was so ****ing funny! Thank you for informing me about that.:laugh:

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guy's for not introduce myself in the other resent post....

My name is leonardo but you can call me "blanko"Im from Puerto Rico,yes Im Latino sow what I dont care.!!!~~anyway Im still hoping to get a lot of info on Brawl by Gimpy...!!!^^

PS:about the swiming nuisance,that a simple ability...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*I Need Next Brawl Talk Ep!*

Really, its been quite a while since the last one O.o

D

Deleted member

Awwww...*teartear*

I was mainly saying this so Gimpy will do his own stuff not as a critique of the show. Not everyone will like everything you don't have to be so stand-offish about it. I hate most "Podcasts" because I could just record myself talking with my friends about Brawl and call it a Podcast too. Some are more professional and focused than others but I felt yours had a lot rambling, and was just generally annoying.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I was mainly saying this so Gimpy will do his own stuff not as a critique of the show. Not everyone will like everything you don't have to be so stand-offish about it. I hate most "Podcasts" because I could just record myself talking with my friends about Brawl and call it a Podcast too. Some are more professional and focused than others but I felt yours had a lot rambling, and was just generally annoying.
I think what you mean is that they try to make it humorous instead of a really serious talk? IMO its better being humorous makes me laugh and actually enjoy listening to it. But I guess everyone has different likes, thats a fact.

D

Deleted member

I think what you mean is that they try to make it humorous instead of a really serious talk? IMO its better being humorous makes me laugh and actually enjoy listening to it. But I guess everyone has different likes, thats a fact.
Fair enough.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
"Now let's move onto one of my favorite moves in Melee, Bowser's forward smash. This move has got more range than anything I saw in Brawl BY FAR." -Gimpyfish

Whoa. More range even than all of Ike's moves? I had figured that with a sword like that, Ike would have the move with the biggest range.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, I didn't really like it, SMYN that is. Mostly because the owners are so stand-offish, and Episode 20 was a huge slap in the face to everyone. All they did was talk about being moderators for 10 minutes....stupid crap.

Sorry, but it was true.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hmm, I didn't really like it, SMYN that is. Mostly because the owners are so stand-offish, and Episode 20 was a huge slap in the face to everyone. All they did was talk about being moderators for 10 minutes....stupid crap.

Sorry, but it was true.
Thats exactly it, I laughed at that too. It was not meant to offend or belittle you, or to make them feel better about themselves, it was joking (I mean do you think saying: "I think we've flexed our moderator muscles enough" or something like that, was really not a joke?) You either just don't get it, or its just not your kind of humour, which is what I meant by "everyone has different likes".

I bet most people find SMYN funny, or at least slighty humorous.

M.K

Level 55
Eh, it's not my sense of humor. I also don't believe in Mod Worshipping. It was sort of a sick, cruel kind of "joke", arrogant. If you asked someone who knew me, they would say I can't stand arrogant people.
^Sorry if this came out harsh, and it wasn't meant towards you, but I'm just voicing my opinion :chuckle:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
guess that means mario's cape has been nerfed in terms of recovery AND killing:(
Plus the fact that most Up Bs auto-sweetspot now, most characters will never go above the stage.

To Wrath of Koarin: Links Uair has been buffed a bit, but its still not as powerful as the Dair. Granted, without the ability to L-Cancel the attacks, the Uair will probably see significantly more use.
You can L-Cancel your attacks. It just works differently.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Sorry guy's for not introduce myself in the other resent post....

My name is leonardo but you can call me "blanko"Im from Puerto Rico,yes Im Latino sow what I dont care.!!!~~anyway Im still hoping to get a lot of info on Brawl by Gimpy...!!!^^

PS:about the swiming nuisance,that a simple ability...
im from PR too haha

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
"Now let's move onto one of my favorite moves in Melee, Bowser's forward smash. This move has got more range than anything I saw in Brawl BY FAR." -Gimpyfish

Whoa. More range even than all of Ike's moves? I had figured that with a sword like that, Ike would have the move with the biggest range.
bowsers fsmash has way more range than any non projectile, non MOVING attack

its humongous o.O

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You can L-Cancel your attacks. It just works differently.
Yeah, I know the mechanic, I was there when they figured it out. Im just saying, its more difficult to L-cancel attacks and some cant even be Short hopped because they take too long to start up after the fastfall. But yeah, I know about the fastfall -> attack L-cancel mechanic. And technically we cant be sure if that was something that was designed in or just a glitch that may be removed for the final version, sort of like the super armour invincibility.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its not difficult to l cancel attacks, just different, and its a rare few moves that you cant l cancel after a short hop (almost all of ikes, dks fair most likely, and possibly a few others)

these aren't melee physics, keep that in mind

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
its not difficult to l cancel attacks, just different, and its a rare few moves that you cant l cancel after a short hop (almost all of ikes, dks fair most likely, and possibly a few others)

these aren't melee physics, keep that in mind
Before I read the parenthesis I already knew you were gonna say all of Ike's moves. Hmmm, so about Bowsers improved range FSmash, does this affect its speed (like does he take longer to wind up the hit, you know when he took a step back) or the lag after, or does it come out at the same speed with seemingly similar power?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its pretty much the same speed but has much much more range, it seemed a lot easier to land (but thats because people weren't spacing correctly and i've got some natural fsmash instincts) and it has a little bit less knockback

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
hey heard you on the SMYN good stuff... btw you kinda sound like the guy from Super Bad
but anyways back to the brawl talk

i posted a ....POST, about links voice being differnt in brawl, and i got a bunch of "oppinionated"responses... on links voice actor being a different person but from watching the videos i couldnt make out a significant difference(all vids were to noisy) in links voice,
and since you were at the Expo, was links voice more deeper? and does he still play like Melee link or somewhat of a completely re-alterated charachter?

and another quick question... i had left this question on one of your youtube vids but got no reply :(
so ill jsut re ask it: Was the in-game audience in the brawl demo(you know the ones that "oooo" and "ahhh" when your sent flying off the stage) are they back????

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy, did you use the footstool jump thing often with Bowser, and is it actually good? If so does it kinda up the push effect of the FS Jump based on weight?

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Is it hard to actually get inside the dome at Norfair when all the lava comes at you? Because I didn't see anyone do it. Like, at all. Also, is it near impossible to jump it?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
these aren't melee physics

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That applies to like...everything haha

And WTF is with these impossible questions ^^^ :laugh:
omg that's nuts!!!!

Hey random dude who played a bran new demo game for a distracting hectic four days while trying to have as much fun as possible along with learning absolutely everything there is to know about the potential depth and minor hidden details that could possibly be compared, or not, to an old game that everybody is really firmiliar with but is insignificantly in a small way related to it and didn't have any high level players of that game to compete with let alone being at an unknowledgeable level yourself......................................................how many frames did it take for Links arrow to disapear after he misses someone with it fully charged and it gets stuck in the ground?

*facepalm* <to the max...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

omg that's nuts!!!!

Hey random dude who played a bran new demo game for a distracting hectic four days while trying to have as much fun as possible along with learning absolutely everything there is to know about the potential depth and minor hidden details that could possibly be compared, or not, to an old game that everybody is really firmiliar with but is insignificantly in a small way related to it and didn't have any high level players of that game to compete with let alone being at an unknowledgeable level yourself......................................................how many frames did it take for Links arrow to disapear after he misses someone with it fully charged and it gets stuck in the ground?

5 frames buddy.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

omg that's nuts!!!!

wwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

Igneous42

Smash Ace
hey heard you on the SMYN good stuff... btw you kinda sound like the guy from Super Bad
but anyways back to the brawl talk

i posted a ....POST, about links voice being differnt in brawl, and i got a bunch of "oppinionated"responses... on links voice actor being a different person but from watching the videos i couldnt make out a significant difference(all vids were to noisy) in links voice,
and since you were at the Expo, was links voice more deeper? and does he still play like Melee link or somewhat of a completely re-alterated charachter?

and another quick question... i had left this question on one of your youtube vids but got no reply :(
so ill jsut re ask it: Was the in-game audience in the brawl demo(you know the ones that "oooo" and "ahhh" when your sent flying off the stage) are they back????
I know i'm not Gimpy but I played Link quite a bit there and i felt he was one of the characters that feels the least different. Other than the loss of his semi-spike swordspin you can play him almost exactly the same, once you get past the different physics of the entire game. And Link in brawl sounds like Link in TP, so yeah deeper (bettter) voice than in the past.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I know i'm not Gimpy but I played Link quite a bit there and i felt he was one of the characters that feels the least different. Other than the loss of his semi-spike swordspin you can play him almost exactly the same, once you get past the different physics of the entire game. And Link in brawl sounds like Link in TP, so yeah deeper (bettter) voice than in the past.
thanks for answering the question....
although i will miss his old voice
this new one gives it that macho BAD*** feel.

so where you able to hear the in-game crowd???

hope theyre in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom