• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
. I can't see this being a good thing.
You can't see much of anything because you've not played it. Yeah, arial dodge, no direction. They compensated, you can arial and from what I understand up b if you've not used it after the dodge. Okay, less mind game with it being taken out, more mind games with the compensation. The only reason I could see this being a problem is loyalty to the origonal version.... which is a bit stubborn, considering everyone should understand this is a different game, just as 64 is.

I love what I see so far, I DONT LIKE totally owning my friends that don't play much all the time because I do tournaments and know the advanced techs, because they're less apt to play with me. I WANT someone to pull off an awesome mid air 10 hit combo on me out of nowhere, because that's just plain cool. From the impressions gimpy and the others have given us, it doesn't matter if there are NO techs, it's going to be fun, and I prioritize fun over complication.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
is removing direction air dodge that big of a deal. The only time when you need to air dodge to the opposite direction of your momentum is when you're trying to do some mind game or doing a wavedash backward. Out of all the matches i seen on youtube, there a very small cases where the players air dodge to the opposite direction of their momentum to wavedash backward and mind games, and the majority will air dodge with their momentum to get back on the stage or try to reach to the ground a tad quicker.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
It's important if you're way too attached to the idea, thus, you get uncomfortable when something you like is removed even if something just as good if not better is put in. Ever hear this? "Oh, im sorry your dropped your cookie, please stop crying.... here! Here's a bigger cookie!" "NO!!! I WANT *THAT* COOKIE *points to the one on the ground*".... yeah, same thing.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
It's important if you're way too attached to the idea, thus, you get uncomfortable when something you like is removed even if something just as good if not better is put in. Ever hear this? "Oh, im sorry your dropped your cookie, please stop crying.... here! Here's a bigger cookie!" "NO!!! I WANT *THAT* COOKIE *points to the one on the ground*".... yeah, same thing.
Lulz, great example. Win.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
And some guy's excuse for preferring the smaller cookie is that it taste better.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I think I deserve a cookie for it.... lol.... that's what I always hear in my head whne people talk about l-cancel, wavedash, and air dodge on here. We're getting a huge story mode *with effing co-op*, new combo oriented mechanics, better airal viability for EVERYONE, and *holywtfBALANCEDCHARACTERS* and people are fixated on proportially insignifigant things. The SE vids I've seen made me need to change my pants from excitement overload, I don't have any room in my head to care about l-cancel... all I hear in there is *zomgsoniczomgdestructablestageszomgmario=uberzomgmetaknightpwnzomgboozer/=suck" and the like, and I think that's how it should be.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't think removing directional motion would make the new AD a "bigger cookie". Definitely a different cookie, though.

Like if you dropped a Chips Ahoy! and someone handed you an Oreo. Not the same, but I suppose they even out (more recovery options after an AD as opposed to your AD being your recovery).

I don't know yet. I'm going to need time to cope with the changes.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
The small good tasting cookie is on the ground and broken, ya want the same cookie, go back to the other cookie shop cause we ain't selling them here anymore, nuff' said.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
i really wish the would release a demo for the public.... whether its in NP or you have to get mario galaxy

cF=)

Smash Lord
Pushing down to float with Pit/Metaknight is just as intuitive as floating with Peach. I don't see any difference.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
You can't see much of anything because you've not played it. Yeah, arial dodge, no direction. They compensated, you can arial and from what I understand up b if you've not used it after the dodge. Okay, less mind game with it being taken out, more mind games with the compensation. The only reason I could see this being a problem is loyalty to the origonal version.... which is a bit stubborn, considering everyone should understand this is a different game, just as 64 is.

I love what I see so far, I DONT LIKE totally owning my friends that don't play much all the time because I do tournaments and know the advanced techs, because they're less apt to play with me. I WANT someone to pull off an awesome mid air 10 hit combo on me out of nowhere, because that's just plain cool. From the impressions gimpy and the others have given us, it doesn't matter if there are NO techs, it's going to be fun, and I prioritize fun over complication.
+5 character *u*:):grin:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
does anyone have links to a yoshi vid

You can either check out the video thread in brawl general discussion, which organizes all the links to the avaliable brawl videos on its first post, or you can also search "yoshi e for all" in youtube and you'll most likely get good results.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
That is not even probable.
Actually, that's very probable.

Well, maybe not the developers themselves, but some kind of official, Nintendo Cyberspace Ninja Emissary employed to lurk and probe American message boards and act as anti-exploit liaison for Hal Labs back in Japan.

No, seriously, there's likely some kind of representative of NOA/J paying attention to these discussions as they are cognizant of this community.

-SynikaL

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
No it isn't. There is 4 months to release. The last thing they will be worried about is that someone cancel cancel dash or not trip when the dash.
Didn't suggest they'd necessarily change anything from our bickering. Nintendo does in fact pay mind to this community.

-SynikaL

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Says a 2005 Nintendo Power article featuring our community and its competitive nature. Google it.

-SynikaL

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
Wavedashing
CONTROVERSY. Wavedashing in and of itself in the same fassion seems to be out completely. HOWEVER. we saw some waveLANDING, but it wasn't done in the same fassion, it seems to be somehow arial based, so we are still working on it. we've also figured out a way to possibly wavedash.
**** luigis (jiggs speaking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom