• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I noticed a Pikachu in a match I was in suddenly getting 999% too...that's a weird glitch.

Gimpyfish said:
Edge Cancelled airials
I wasn't good enough to find out LOL, we'll work on that more tomorrow, but i imagine this will be in
LOL
GGz at being the best Brawl player in the world. :p

probably the best of the public that is, some of those guys who work at Nintendo get a lot of time with the game. They probably know a lot of stuff we don't yet.
None of those guys have the basic mindgames Gimpy does. Just him knowing how to double jump around and fair qualify him for being better than them, lol.

EDIT - Neal's a noob.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i could've sworn you ran that tournament horrible and it didn't even finish HMPH.

wheres my badge? XD

lets ban somebody from our frustration guys lol

anyways, ledge canceling actually appears to NOT be in haha

EDIT: i'm only kidding neal, you are the best brawl tournament organizer by far.

Not be in? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLF
Bet you thought I was saying wow huh?
But that's ********. And no thunders?
I'm starting to get angry and stuff.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Meta Knight's good for beginners!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!..*looks unto where it said about MK's Down b*...wait....so wouldnt that mean that Meta Knight has two recovery B moves by using "Shuttle Loop" and "Dimensional Cape"??????

Wait, gimpy. I thought u said it kinda wavelands when you land form some aerials. wouldnt that slide u off the edge? or does the game not incorporate momentum in certain situations to simplify it >_>?

EDIT - If you do slide forward from some aerials, and it's faster than dashing, you could use it to slide on the edge since apparently you can grab from either direction? I call it the Wolf hog.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Does Mario have any KO potential this time or does he still struggle like a ******** monkey trying to finish an algebra equation? And just how "awkward" does Sonic feel?

Also, he news of Peach being cheaper than her Melee form is just depressing. F-throw was super gay already; toning it up makes no sense at all.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, I doubt her forward throw is any better than Melee. It's just a good KO move overall, especially when people don't DI (or DI down, LOL).

So you can aim your flud thing out there and spry them while they're recovering and it'll push them back? Cheap.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
LOL everytime i see silent wolf post in this thread i just think of the discussion gimpy and I have EVERY DAY about SW and brawl.

hahahahahahahahaha.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I would think her Down B is that kick directional change in the air. (Like Sonics DB in the air) but what on the ground???

And yeah, Yoshi (I'm quoting people that played btw, because I don't get to) "Has a priority boost. (?) Suposedly his Nair and Bair :\
And of course his recovery. Maybe the lack of DJC can be a good think...meh?

And Bowsers victory pose (the one I saw) IS ****IN SICK!!!!

Cort

Apple Head
I know =D

But I was hoping to read some juicey new details.

How did Isai do/who does he like to play?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I would think her Down B is that kick directional change in the air. (Like Sonics DB in the air) but what on the ground???

And yeah, Yoshi (I'm quoting people that played btw, because I don't get to) "Has a priority boost. (?) Suposedly his Nair and Bair :\
And of course his recovery. Maybe the lack of DJC can be a good think...meh?

And Bowsers victory pose (the one I saw) IS ****IN SICK!!!!
that's 'down A's Yo.

More Samus (less bowser)

EDIT:
For the record... I'm joking.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dont worry everyone, your character specific desires, stage desires, (unlikely) item desires, color desires, taunt desires, and whatever else desires will be fulfilled after my last update (which might be tomorrow, but it might take slighly longer)

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Thank you

dont worry everyone, your character specific desires, stage desires, (unlikely) item desires, color desires, taunt desires, and whatever else desires will be fulfilled after my last update (which might be tomorrow, but it might take slighly longer)
Thank you :bowser:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Im a Yoshi main in Melee, and semi competitive, and my game did revolve around DJC... Im still not sure what to make of it, but thats because we are still thinking in Melee form, what with speed etc. Im thinking once the metagame for Brawl develops, we will find that Yoshi isnt bad, but he will play completely different than in Melee...

Im already thinking the Up B boost will make edge egging a lot more viable... And the priority for those aerials really seem like some good buffs he needed...

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Hey Gimpy, sorry if you answered this earlier and I missed it, but: what do the T-shirts look like? Are they Brawl themed at all?

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I wanna know if Bowser can still chew on his opponents while using koopa claw. Gimpy never posted whether or not he can still do that on first post.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Are there any videos online with any of you guys playing? I'd like to see some of these new tactics being used.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
About Yoshi...

I believe I saw Gabe on Saturday do a nice backward DJ bair. Forgot who it was done on, I'm tempted to say Gimpy

I think the loss of the DJC is both helpful and hurtful to Yoshi - I still think there's applications for it. I just want to fully confirm if doing an attack while in the DJ motion counts as mobile CC still.

And...
Hey Gimpy, sorry if you answered this earlier and I missed it, but: what do the T-shirts look like? Are they Brawl themed at all?
I missed Friday's, so I didn't get to see them, but...

They're not Brawl themed, rather they're Wii-themed.

Thursday's shirt was a light blue-ish color and a dude with an afro(and shades) was on front. Written on top of his afro was "Wii", and he had a beard, where "cool" was written on there.

Saturday's shirt is a dirty-grass sort of green, with several wii controllers displayed on the front. Two of them have the Zapper atttachment while three of them are attachment-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom