• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Gimpyfish has, what, 3 characters remaining?

MetaKnight, Link, and Bowser.

So yeah, it's pretty safe to assume that he's probably saving Bowser for last, both as a sign of modesty (which is fine) and also because he's saving the "best for last" (also fine).

The last three are some of the ones I was most interested in too. I look forward to whenever you update Gimpyfish.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe he had been writing about Bowser since the beginning and hasn't posted him yet because he has so much to say... or does he!?

Link_Don

Smash Rookie
btw gimpy, about mario's back throw. does it still have killing potential or has it been nerfed?

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Bottom line is, I'm far from being sexist. I just want characters to behave in-character.
*brings up often used Mewtwo example* Characters can't really be in character in this game, because then some would be too powerful.

I enjoy that Peach is strong because it's unexpected due to her looks. Plus, she needs a game where she whoops *** instead of needing saved ;)

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
PEACH=DEATH?.. that whole update sounds like she's unstoppable. FastER, combos, great recovery, killing moves, killing throw, aerials, fsmash improved, dash attack combos, dsmash still seems good.

but i'm okay with it. Everyone should be upped or buffed or whatever to this level or something.. oh yeah, she can catch items during aerials.

RDK

Smash Hero
i'm so doing this with my kids
My kids will dress up as Young Link and Saria.
Hey, we can all be power-nerds together. If I get a baby girl, I'm naming her Samus.

P.S: Good luck at the tourney, Gimp. Go Mega-Boozer on their *****.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Come on gimpy, post about Bowser next, I wanna know if his side B can still bite and if his forward smash is still strong.

Zek

Smash Ace
You guys still haven't gotten over Peach being able to fight evenly with everybody else? Give it a rest, this is a fighting game and the characters need to be balanced. How do you expect Peach to be slow, weak and fragile while still being balanced?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I agree with Fawriel.

Peach should get back to baking cakes.

Or getting kidnapped by Bowser...
Then should zelda get back to...getting kidnapped and doing whatever else it is she does (really what else does she do?)

Why all the hate towards peach?

She'd good but I wouldn't say she was way overpowered or anything...maybe she was but I didn't think so.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why does the fact that BigRick agrees with me not make me glad in the least?

I'll clarify once more:

I do not hate Peach. I do not hate the concept of a female character being powerful. I merely disapprove of her current balance of strengths in Brawl because it seems out-of-character.
Peach deserves the place in Brawl and everyone knows that. For all I care, she can be top tier. It'll annoy me because, well, I'll get beaten by Peach. But that's not the point.
Her design in Melee seemed more in character.
She was slow, as being stuck in a dress and high-heels doesn't exactly allow for awesome acrobatic skillz. And many of her moves weren't very powerful.
Yet she had many tricks, like floating and her very useful projectile, and overall pretty **** awesome edgeguarding. It worked well enough.
Nerfing her previously most overpowered trait and just giving her overall extremely good stats just seems lazy. She should have more creative strengths than that.

I think part of the misunderstanding is that "power" doesn't equal "strength". Maybe I should have clarified that.
Jigglypuff is a good example. Only a few of her moves have great strength, but she's overall very powerful because her movement allows her to make perfect use of the somewhat weaker moves for edgeguarding and comboing.

RDK

Smash Hero
I find myself agreeing more and more with Fawriel's posts.

I think the main problem is that we've all gotten so used to Peach's moveset / handling in Melee, that any deviation from that in Brawl is seen as a bad thing.

I still think she should have powerful moves, but a healthy balance of it (probably at the cost of maneuverability and speed).

Dynamism

Smash Lord
So yeah, you agree with RDK AND Fawriel. Good! ;)

Anyone want to change their minds? Hm? Come on! :p
jk lol
Seriously though,

When I read through these summereseses (ALL of them) I really think this game is gonna be balanced. I just...feel it. Meh...
We have the middle sources. Diddy, Mario and so on who are pretty much the base or "template" and then you branch off from there. Take away some KO ability and add some priority, take combo and add recovery...PIT! TADA! We're getting the extremes on both ends but it's balancing out. Ike is a slow peice of crap but can kill and rack up damage in a couple strikes. Sonic is super speed but takes a while to rack up the damage to kill. He pummels Ike but Ike hits him once and Sonic has half of Ikes damage (and can die just as easily cause he's lighter and Ike is stronger.) Fair game. At least that's what I'm imagining in the distant future.

Peach is out of character sure, but I'd say Bowsers new tripple backflip sowcow suiacide launch is too ;)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
What is fox able to do in this game now, projectiles seemed to not be a big part of this game according to gimpy, so is fox's new shtl of good use...or not, also he would not be reflecting projectiles as much because projectiles don't seem to be the same in effect (meaning they won't be used much). Fox lost the shine combos, and the uthrow > uair combo. His Bair isn't that good in brawl either, and most of brawl's action seems to take place in the air, so i think his most used move is going to be his fair, because if the first kick lands they all do. In brawl...fox = low tier?

Aesir

Smash Master
Sir, you are not just trying to make out Peach as the epitome of female qualities or something, are you?
If anything, that Super Princess Peach game was sexist with its depiction of Peach's super-PMS powers and stuff.
How come if peach show's signs of being bad *** its sexist? why?

I'd be perfectly fine with an overpowered Samus, Zamus, Zelda, Micaiah, or whoever. But Peach is just... a blond chick in a pink dress.
So blond chick in a pink dress can't fend for her self? lol

Granted, she subverts that stereotype in some games. I also said I'm fine with her having some "comically overpowered" moves and such.
But when she's overall just really powerful, even without using float canceling and such, that's just out of character.
Peach kinda sucks with out FC, what does she have?

Bottom line is, I'm far from being sexist. I just want characters to behave in-character.
Yeah you want peach to be bowsers ***** and mario to bust in with a half torn shirt screaming "WOMAN AGAIN, YOU ****ING ***** I'M GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU TONIGHT"

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I'm soo glad Peach got buffed. And I can say I played her before top tier. Gimpy, if your reading this good job on the post and make one edit. Peach's turnips now stay on the ground if dropped, similar to Link's Bombs I believe.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's pretty beat that Peach was IMPROVED.......I mean.....ugh.....really, wtf? Ya know, bcuz, she REALLY needed it....[/end sarcasm]

I also didn't get a whole lot out of Pit's Impression. I mean, yea, his moves are good combos, but Gimpy keeps saying that he lacks killing abilities. The question is, how bad does he lack them? That'll determine how good he really is. I really want him to be good, because he rox sox in all other categories (frikin awesome category).

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Mario?!

OMG TOP TIER

<_<

I can have fun too except mine is TRUE!!

(don't ya love how gimpy can start a trend at the drop of a hat) LOL
sorry pal. Been playing Bowser b4 I knew a community, Gimpy, Nemesis, CJ, Yoyo etc. existed for this game. Bowser fan since 1993 pal.:cool: so don't say that.

It wouldn't matter if he is top tier or not. He's better this time around, and that's all that matters. The game seems to be or suppose is in any character's favor as long as you have skill.

Edit: honestly looks like I'll be playing every character this time around regardless if I hate them or not. I will also be picking Peach it seems her crimson red dress is bad a**.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom