• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
people read them dont they?

doesn't seem pointless to me haha

plus its a little reminder to myself too

edit: i added my lost paragraph on her airs o.O

Bjay

Smash Lord
Excellent, wonderful news on Peach.

Looks like she'll possibly potentially be my main :p

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Man, it took me forever to read that sentence. Who the hell decided I have to pause at a period?

So yeah, anyone else find it odd that float canceling returned?
I could write it like this: Peach - is - broken. Uber. Broken. It's just sort of writing how I would say it, each word as it's own sentence, just to accentuate how broken she is.

I think it's weird too.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
really interesting news on Peach Gimpyfish, I had assumed from your early posts that Peach was going to be majorly downsized because of the nerfed D-Smash. I guess it's nice to hear she's actually buffed. Looking vastly forward to Bowser's update. From what I've seen so far I am very intrigued by his changes:grin:

Fawriel

Smash Master
......................... who on earth would make Peach extremely powerful.

*throws a bottle in the general direction of Sakurai*

EDIT: *cleans up the mess on the floor*

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Hahaha. Awful news for my boyfriend, who's brother plays an amazing Peach. And even worse for his other brother, who gets super pissed when he loses all the time.

I always thought Peach was fun to play with. Maybe this will get me to practice with her more in Brawl.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Gimpy thanks for the Peach update XD. Peach looks excellent for Brawl XD. I added the info to my thread in the Peach section, XD

Link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3097583#post3097583

Why is everyone trying to Bash on Peach. Show some **** respect or else she'll own you in Brawl. Well you know what I guess it's a little too late for that. She'll own anyway. XD
You know, Mario is top tier material now so maybe he could beat Peach. If you want to prove me wrong, then show me...in Brawl! Oh, and the Peach update was good, Gimpyfish. :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why is everyone trying to Bash on Peach.
Not everyone, just me.

I just don't like the concept of some princess in pink being super-powerful. It was acceptable in Melee as her moveset was largely mediocre but she sported a few useful and a few comically overpowered moves... but when ALL her **** moves are completely awesome and powerful, well, there goes my willing suspension of disbelief.

Dice

Smash Lord
Don't feel like reading the 237 pages of stuff, so just a quick question. Does Donkey Kong's shield actually like cover him, or is it still a piece of crap like in melee?

Card

Smash Lord
Not everyone, just me.

I just don't like the concept of some princess in pink being super-powerful. It was acceptable in Melee as her moveset was largely mediocre but she sported a few useful and a few comically overpowered moves... but when ALL her **** moves are completely awesome and powerful, well, there goes my willing suspension of disbelief.
My theory on why Peach was such a powerful character has always been that...

In a family household, when the little sister plays with the older 'hardcore' brother, she will more often than not take Peach (being a Princess and all) whereas the brother would stick to the more badass characters. Then when they would fight, she would be able to win due to Peach being so powerful.

lol :laugh:

User33

Smash Journeyman
Your impressions are making it tough to pick my main...

Diddy, Fox, Pikachu, Sonic, Mario, Pit, Peach or Metaknight?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Not everyone, just me.

Im with you on that

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i know this is going to make you all sad, but there's a tournament today and i'm going

wish me luck

but that means no brawl info today

but i'll have all of the characters done before the end of the weekend so dont panick too much folks

Fawriel

Smash Master
peach was pretty bad *** in that game where she had to save mario.

sound's like you just have some sexist tendencies >_>
Sir, you are not just trying to make out Peach as the epitome of female qualities or something, are you?
If anything, that Super Princess Peach game was sexist with its depiction of Peach's super-PMS powers and stuff.
I'd be perfectly fine with an overpowered Samus, Zamus, Zelda, Micaiah, or whoever. But Peach is just... a blond chick in a pink dress.
Granted, she subverts that stereotype in some games. I also said I'm fine with her having some "comically overpowered" moves and such.
But when she's overall just really powerful, even without using float canceling and such, that's just out of character.

Bottom line is, I'm far from being sexist. I just want characters to behave in-character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
sexist.....
That stopped being funny when Gimpy said it.

Unless you are actually being serious.
In which case I'd tell you to stop being so wannabe-politically correct and look at the fact that Peach is some princess in a pink dress, and if you see her as some kind of representation of all women, you are the one being sexist.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
So what your saying is you are upset that Peach is gonna be really good in brawl? Well be upset then, but you are gonna have to deal with it, use Mario or Meta Knight to fight against her :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not necessarily by the fact that she's good, just by the fact that she's good because she's strong and fast. Being slow in movement and only having a few powerful moves made a whole lot more sense given the fact that she's a skinny girl in high-heels. The way she is now, you might as well completely change the graphics and give her stats and hitboxes to some sort of kickboxer or something.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i know this is going to make you all sad, but there's a tournament today and i'm going

wish me luck

but that means no brawl info today

but i'll have all of the characters done before the end of the weekend so dont panick too much folks
Good luck, Fsmash their *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom