• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Hey Gimpy, I'm not totally sure if you ever talk about this yet. Is there any character from E for All that seemed to have a crappy shield? G&W and DK in Melee both had crappy shields and I was wondering if anyone from the demo had this too.

courte

Smash Lord
u shouldn't put episode one if it's just by itself or at least post that you're going to post 10 new bowser related vids once bowser is out in japan... or are you busy watching dragon wars??

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I think he was sarcastic.

Edit: So I looked for Zamus' Down + B, and it will look very weird, but its this kind of jump thing, which I don't know exactly what it does, here are 2 videos of her doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c - (2:17-2:20)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29OjNh-tzrA - (1:10-1:14 and then again at 1:18-1:19)

Fun Fact: If you look at 1:10 in the second video it seems you can do her Down + B in the air, and use it as a recovery move (since it jumps upwards) and it even acts like other character's Up + B, because after you do it in the air you can't do any other attack.
It looks like she has invincibility frames during the jump, so it's lika a jumping dodge?
Also looks like she kicks Link in the middle of the jump right before they're hit by the Halberd.

e319

Smash Apprentice
OHHHHHH YEAH! BOWSER IS GONNA BE AWESOME! I LIKE CAPITALS! So he's gonna be even bigger than melee? Jeez I thought he was big before.. He's definatly NOT GOING TO SUCK!

arrowhead

Smash Ace
hm i don't like the new way of l-canceling. brawl should stop implementing the automatic things that's good for newbies but bad for competitive players. newbies can always improve their tech skills, but these changes limit the versatility of the game for competitive smashers

this is kinda off topic but i just want to complain about how when someone disconnects in online play, it's replaced by a computer. people do online play because they want to play other people, not mindless robots.

thanks for all the info though. my eyes hurt from reading

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay, so I know the NEW method of wavelanding is performing an attack but does the OLD method of wavelanding(which is air-dodging before you reach the ground) work? Not waveDASHING but landing it.

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
hm i don't like the new way of l-canceling. brawl should stop implementing the automatic things that's good for newbies but bad for competitive players. newbies can always improve their tech skills, but these changes limit the versatility of the game for competitive smashers

this is kinda off topic but i just want to complain about how when someone disconnects in online play, it's replaced by a computer. people do online play because they want to play other people, not mindless robots.

thanks for all the info though. my eyes hurt from reading

I just wish we could see names and tell if someone dropped out.:ohwell:

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
If your gonna make another smash talk video, you'd better do it soon, otherwise, brawl's going to be out and very few people will care

Teeb147

Smash Legend
how do you know
You just have to think logically, Look at people's attacks in the demo and you'll see that L-cancelling will totally be unbalanced since certain characters don't have fast enough moves to fast-fall before attacking, thus making everyone not use characters with slow arial attacks... not too smart.

Either they will put back L-canceling like it was in Melee, or just remove it completely and make most attacks have very small lag.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
hm i don't like the new way of l-canceling. brawl should stop implementing the automatic things that's good for newbies but bad for competitive players.
I used to think the exact same way until I realized how selfish that was. Making things easier for noobs to learn makes EVERYONE play better. Not to mention, the noob can't john about AT.

As much as it's going to hurt without wavedashing(especially since I'm an IC main), we'll learn to deal with it. Brawl will be a good game nonetheless.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
You just have to think logically, Look at people's attacks in the demo and you'll see that L-cancelling will totally be unbalanced since certain characters don't have fast enough moves to fast-fall before attacking, thus making everyone not use characters with slow arial attacks... not too smart.

Either they will put back L-canceling like it was in Melee, or just remove it completely and make most attacks have very small lag.
You have to think logically too. This new L-cancel gives more purpose to both long hops and short hops. They wouldn't have put that feature in the game if they didn't want it. You don't just accidentally program something like that

arrowhead

Smash Ace
I used to think the exact same way until I realized how selfish that was. Making things easier for noobs to learn makes EVERYONE play better. Not to mention, the noob can't john about AT.
what i like about melee is that to be good, you have to learn all the techniques yourself. there's no auto-aim, auto shield, no auto combos. but when brawl makes things easier for newbies, it just takes away that part of the game. they shouldn't do that if it hinders advanced play because if the newbie wants to be able to play the game well, he'll learn it. if he doesn't, then why give him an easier time with everything?

well that's just what i think from the information i have so far. i understand there could be a better reason why they're implementing the new way of l-cancel and auto-aim grappling

Fawriel

Smash Master
By the way, I don't think anyone has mentioned it here yet...

According to someone who's been at that Japanese event with the new Brawl demo, Ike's "invisible lag" has been removed, so he's now... usable.
Good times.

Wrath`

Smash Master

According to someone who's been at that Japanese event with the new Brawl demo, Ike's "invisible lag" has been removed, so he's now... usable.
Good times.
cool man, now I can use him w00t, but I was going to anyway.

tommorow is the..................................Soccer ball

Elysium

Smash Lord

Good times.
Oh! Das ist wunderbar! :laugh:

Ike for Top Garbage tier! At least he's the head of his own tier. Now he has something going for him. lol

D

Deleted member

Alright...I've waiting long enough I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Your first one was great Gimpy...but ****, talk about a delay! I'm not saying you owe us anything, I was just looking forward to it.

Tanea

Smash Ace
yeah i know but i don't care it was just good news so it can help counter the negative comments on it

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well no matter how horrible he is there is still a big chance of someone coming out and destroying with him It happened in Melee (Gimpy - Bowser, Taj - MewTwo, etc.) so why not Brawl

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Calm down, it's true
May I use your time machine to go play Brawl? Because unless you have one then you have no clue how good Ike is or isn't. From the impressions gathered at the recent Japanese events it seems like he'll be a good character, and got a lot of changes for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom