• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this was already discussed, but is this true?

Well, it looks like I don't have to practice my L-Canceling skills for Brawl. O_O

Apparently L-Canceling is out for now. The demo in Japan changed and they took L-Canceling out. Gimpyfish64 (from Smash World Forums) was just telling Buzz and I about it. Sad day....

Looks like the game is going to be VERY different than we expected.
(from Brawl Centrals forums)

Really now, why would they take the time to take L canceling out?

Smash Ace
Yes, Falsh, it is true. Someone mentioned it in another thread, and Gimpy confirmed that his friend who played the Japanese demo spent an entire game trying to L cancel with Link, but to no avail.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
why would they take the time to put it in?
I realize there has been big debates between people that use techniques like L canceling and people that don't. Personally, I think L canceling opens up a lot of moves that people wouldn't normally use or use at all because of the lag time. I really enjoy playing Ganon because I can use his ariels without getting punished if I miss, or they sheild.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish wrote this about brawl: "Turn around neutral B – the only reason I write about this is because sadly it has been removed. You can't turn around with your neutral b moves in the air."

I don't know if anyone besides me has posted about this being untrue, the forums take like 10 minute to load for me so forgive if I'm not the first to give an update on this, I can't really check it efficiently ._.
Check out this video posted January 30th around the 13-14 second mark, you'll see what I mean.

O btw, B.C. smasher here, never got involved with the community cuz I knew I would just be let down due to inability to travel, guess brawl will make my life more fun woo woo.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish wrote this about brawl: "Turn around neutral B – the only reason I write about this is because sadly it has been removed. You can't turn around with your neutral b moves in the air."

I don't know if anyone besides me has posted about this being untrue, the forums take like 10 minute to load for me so forgive if I'm not the first to give an update on this, I can't really check it efficiently ._.
Check out this video posted January 30th around the 13-14 second mark, you'll see what I mean.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SOl2Nup9d48

O btw, B.C. smasher here, never got involved with the community cuz I knew I would just be let down due to inability to travel, guess brawl will make my life more fun woo woo.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Nice job showing Sakurai the Lcancel so he can remove it for the casual elitists. I hope this is a lesson for the future of competitive gaming. Don't try to look for adv techs in a beta, not until its fully released and can only be "fixed" with a optional patch.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
There are a few reasons why th OP should not be taken seriously.

1)He played the demo. Theres a difference between demo and real game

2)His tier is failure and sounds like he based it off who looks cool. Peach is a failure and pit shouldn't even be mentioned he is so horrible. The tier takes time to make.

3)Sounds like he is basing things off what he likes. Bias.

4)All his is going to end up doing is ****ing the game up for everyone else with his pointless videos. "Oh watch me do this"= excluded from our game. Seriously. Stfu.

5)His friends seem bias and seem as if they are adding their likes into the game as well.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
2)His tier is failure and sounds like he based it off who looks cool. Peach is a failure and pit shouldn't even be mentioned he is so horrible. The tier takes time to make.
Did you even read what the OP said? He said basically that same thing when people asked for a tier list for the demo. There's a whole part of a brawl talk epsiode dedicated to that idea. Lurk moar, please.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Did you even read what the OP said? He said basically that same thing when people asked for a tier list for the demo. There's a whole part of a brawl talk epsiode dedicated to that idea. Lurk moar, please.
I don't need a flamer input to list my opinion. If you don't like it gtfo. Pit sucks, Peach sucks, and Browser is still slow as hell. Its plain to see op is bias and doesn't really know much about the game.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Peach definitely doesn't suck considering the massive advantage she now holds against the rest of the cast.

lol.

Think what you want, but Peach will be no lower then high tier. More then likely she will be god tier though.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
trust me she does. and in his tier alo tof people are misplaced. have you played the game? no? the stfu.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. If you think I have no right to talk about how good Peach is then what gives you the right to say she sucks?

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
people who suck: Peach, pit, meta knight and Fox. Sonic, is decent, but seriously those four suck hell, and I have the right to give my opinion because I'm alway right.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Nice job showing Sakurai the Lcancel so he can remove it for the casual elitists. I hope this is a lesson for the future of competitive gaming. Don't try to look for adv techs in a beta, not until its fully released and can only be "fixed" with a optional patch.
The development team knew about the L-cancel. They don't need Gimpy to show them how to play the game they made. Think before you press enter.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If you can give your opinion then I can give mine.

Peach will be the queen of SSBB

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Nope sorry.

Marth fanboy. Don't you see my avatar and my name?

And Marth will be high tier BTW.

mario-man

Smash Lord
wow, you need to chill out!! seriously man, take a nap or something.

Bowser is slow, but Gimpy will most likely **** your socks off with him. Umm...Peach will most likely NOT suck DEPENDING on wether or not she can double jump cancel. If she can, she will probably be high or top tier. I have seen enough videos to know that Fox DOES NOT suck. He certainly isn't as good as he was, but he is still good.

YOU come across as being the one who hasn't played the game dude. May not be true, but it comes across that way.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
why should I? Its my opinion, forums are for opinions and debates. you're the one with incorrect assements about peach pit, and wat not, not me. I'm trying to correct you.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
stop flaming and posting like an idiot, while smashboards is a forum it doesn't opperate like most of the ones i'd imagine you visit.

Post like an idiot and you'll get warned and eventually banned.

random guy who doesn't exist in the competitive scene doesn't analyse characters better than groups of competitive players working together to find every aspect of the characters. sorry.

sure, some of them have probably changed, but this is simply how it was then, there is really no arguing against that.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Way to live up to your title of Smash Child, Luteyi...that's definitely what you're coming off as. Gimpy is right, what do you know compared to a group of well-known, competitive players that actually went and played the game, please, enlighten me. I'm expecting something along the lines of "It's my opinion stfu noob" or some other childish response, so please surprise me with something that involves greater logical thinking than that of a 12 year old. I'm usually very easy going, but it's not right to go out and insult people when you don't even know what you're talking about, especially if it's based off of your opinion. Your opinion is fine, even if you don't agree with the topic, but you have no right to insult someone just because they don't feel the same way about something as you do. Take is easy...

OUT

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
blah,
stop feeding the troll. just ignore it untill it goes away.

anyways gimpy... any updates on the Brawl talk?
what do you think about L-canceling being taken out? or that Ink dropping and other advanced techs you mentioned have still not been found in the final version?

Jkui

Smash Rookie
I'm receiving many mixed first impressions of Pit, sad part is I'm not sure who is right or wrong, or who is just posting, providing information on a fan basis, a flame basis, or an unexperienced gamer basis. Based on Eternal Phoenix's first impression, (or what not) some information scattered amongst the Pit forums, and videos, I infer that he is a nice character all around, and that his damage does lack abit. Then I continually find posts with utter condemnations of him, some of which greatly conflict with what others have to say. (His recovery is wonderful/ His recovery is lacking, He's slow/ He's light footed, He's a poor overall character/he's a nice balanced character). I enjoyed your presentation, because it showed, honesty and sincerity for all your presented characters, yet I am still confused about Pit due to these conflicting views. I know it may still be quite early in the game to determine all of this, but based on those of you who've had the luck to play the demo, I really would enjoy a nice simple answer, no flames, no hate, no trolls, but a nice, simple, short balanced observation.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I apologize for the feeding frenzy...I know full well that he just wants something to fight against. Sorry, couldn't resist, I just can't stand people who are rude to other people like that. Peace. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom