• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimp Me Gently 8/22 Raleigh, NC Brawl/B+

Vilt

Smash Lord
I might come to this. Dunno yet. Got a lot of money planning I gotta do and see if this fits in. PLUR if I do go. I'll team with you. O-beast-ity son!

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me tourney results through PM for Brawl+ when this happens?
Yeah, we'll make sure one of us gets those to you.

Also, I have a pretty good chance of making this, but I'll likely only be able to stay for Brawl+. What set are we using, 4.1 or the 5.0 Nightly? I'm pretty sure it's the former but I wanna make sure in case I'm practicing with the wrong version. My brother's coming with me to this, and I'll talk to him about bringing our Wii. Possible setup from us, but not confirmed.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'll make sure this happens

----------------------

Also, I am coming and bringing forth a new brawl+ character the likes of which only few have seen.
I'm just gonna go fox, and ****. Ahhhhhhhhh sweet karma coming back around. Prepare to be ***** bill, Olimar can't save you now. >: )

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Originally I was thinking of doing the 4.1 build but now I kind of want to use the 5.0 nightly, it helps out a lot of the non-top tier characters and nerfs the top5 again (except fox and falco got buffed? not sure why lol).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Originally I was thinking of doing the 4.1 build but now I kind of want to use the 5.0 nightly, it helps out a lot of the non-top tier characters and nerfs the top5 again (except fox and falco got buffed? not sure why lol).
To be quite honest, WBR should of released an official as 4.1 is so outdated it's not even funny, Fox mains, Marth mains, Ganon Mains, Falcon mains, MK mains would be playing a character that doesn't play like they do now. (MK would be stronger on 4.1 than 5.0)

Yea. 5.0 would be a better choice, as at this point, most of the qualms with 4.1 have been dealt with already.

Plus I'm sure people want to try out JC Shine in an actual tourney.

Foxy

Smash Master
Yeah, I've heard that 5.0 is also going to be used for the Brawl+ event at SNES, as well.

We've played with a lot now and it would be just a joke to use 4.1, it's crazy old.

5.0 seems really balanced, and Fox's JC shine is definitely not overpowered (although it lets me do all kinds of technical stuff >:] )

Foxy

Smash Master
I play really flashy in Melee and now in B+...

nair-shine-nair-8 jc shines-shine usmash-shine turn around bair?

that's how i roll.

doesn't really win, but it's fun as hell. =D

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Well I Dash grab-pummel-fthrow-usmash-usmash-utilt-uair-uair-uair-up-b.

up taunt, roar.

Foxy

Smash Master
Actually, I don't even know if I'd play Fox there. He's more of a secondary.

I main Falcon and Jiggs, then Fox. =P

But for the sake of hype... I'll play him as much as possible.

But all of them are awesome.

If I can go and there's internet, I'll livestream!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ill keep NC in mind when I start traveling more frequently.

I bet stringers doesnt mind because he wants to TRY and rob me of my cash in the form of MMs.

Top Bottom