• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: You're right and I'm an idiot. This changes nothing in the context of this game. Let me ask again: does this make me scum? You're dead set on lynching me without ever answering this question and right now, we do not need "I'm just gonna do the mechanical thing rather than the sensible thing" Ryker.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ In a situation where a player is vote blocked, does the majority reduce to reflect the number of capable voters or does it remain at the same number before a vote block?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
There is a very easy, "I don't need to post .gifs of a character banging his head on a wall" answer to this. Your frustration leads me to believe you are town but your insistence against reading is obnoxious as you refuse to find context and actually come to correct conclusions, just going on math instead.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dietz who did you use your item on? If at all?
Due to current circumstances it would be a HELLA unwise idea for me to reveal that, otherwise I would. Let me explain:

The role I got isn't as useful a role as Gheb made it sound; I was hoping for some kind of redirect I could swing the nightkill around with, but I can only target people and make them immune specifically to non-NK actions for two phases (one day one night). It's better than scum having it, but unless I can actively pre-empt a scum from using a harmful power there's not a lot of good defensive use for it.

Considering the math now I 100% am not going to tell anyone if, when, or how I may have already used them lest there be a free pick for a doctorless nightkill tonight.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And in case you haven't gotten it at this point:

I just want you to read this bloody ****ing game.

That's all. If you are content in lynching me after doing that, then fine, but your lack of information is absolutely detrimental at this point so if you feel you deserve or want thread control then you need to do your homework.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Due to current circumstances it would be a HELLA unwise idea for me to reveal that, otherwise I would. Let me explain:

The role I got isn't as useful a role as Gheb made it sound; I was hoping for some kind of redirect I could swing the nightkill around with, but I can only target people and make them immune specifically to non-NK actions for two phases (one day one night). It's better than scum having it, but unless I can actively pre-empt a scum from using a harmful power there's not a lot of good defensive use for it.

Considering the math now I 100% am not going to tell anyone if, when, or how I may have already used them lest there be a free pick for a doctorless nightkill tonight.
This isn't what I anticipated the role would do but I figured it would not be a role blocker, otherwise there would have been zero difference in the name. Do not reveal who you targeted.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
What the **** is this egging on of Ryu to take the Voteblock @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

You've already been railed for how that doesn't work, but why did you give permission to the player you've made the new flavor of the day for a scum pick to buy an anti-town item. And after one of us already asked people to strongly consider not buying it at all because it doesn't help is (which it doesn't)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker He isn't scum now that I know he intentionally didn't use it. That what I think at least unless he thought they couldn't win a yolo race with 3 people vs 5 if he used it.

Who do you think had that kind of forsight to plan not to kill?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You literally just said "Hey I think you're scum" and then that person asked

"Should I buy this item probably no one should have?"

and you said

"Hey whatever sure you can, and you can point back to me as your motivation if anyone asks if it's scummy that you did to boot!"

Now we're ****ing stuck with this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What the **** is this egging on of Ryu to take the Voteblock @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

You've already been railed for how that doesn't work, but why did you give permission to the player you've made the new flavor of the day for a scum pick to buy an anti-town item. And after one of us already asked people to strongly consider not buying it at all because it doesn't help is (which it doesn't)
He already bid on the item as it was, may as well let him buy it outright since you can't retract bids.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That doesn't explain how supportive you were with having Town's fate to be in the hands of the one you were just claiming to like the least.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if you ****s realize it, but if I don't hit my ability protects or Ryker flubs it on docs, we're already alpha'able now if Ryu is scum.

So what part of that was okay?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That doesn't explain how supportive you were with having Town's fate to be in the hands of the one you were just claiming to like the least.
Honestly, I'm legit out of ideas at the moment. I've been running this game into the ground as it is and I have zero clues now at all. I buy Ruy's explanation of why he hasn't been giving much--just like your absence from this game is almost primarily understandable.I'm back at square one and I don't see the harm in him blowing all his money on it since he was gonna get it anyway.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was about to yell at you some more about letting Ryu "get it anyways" when other people had money, but now I have to check if today was vote deadline.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Given that the day just went up, no it's not. Given your reaction and Drew's, do you imagine much of a bidding war happening? I certainly don't.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP: Bid deadline

And it was.

And your'e STILL OKAY WITH THAT!?

There's a reason maybe that there wasn't? Like this post:

NO ONE BIDS ON THE VOTE BLOCKER! WE DO NOT WANT THAT IN THE GAME WHEN WE CAN GET STUCK IN A LYLO SCENARIO!

Literally the ONLY saving grace here is that I just looked it up and I think he was 44 minutes late on his 5K snipe bid.

That should be red flags. ****ING HUGE RED FLAGS. But at least now I don't have to use both of my protects right this second to try and block a voteblock if he's scum like I was about to after I checked.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I'm waiting for tommorow to bid on something amazing. I read all of this but didn't see my name, so i was vaguely interested.

Cmon Laundry, you must have known that rb was a setup for disaster.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait. No.

Everyone scratch me going ape****.

I read the deadline for night phase as the deadline for votes and my mind started screaming a mile a minute thinking we had to act now or start dying.

That means Ryu has the voteblocker for real though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Given that the day just went up, no it's not. Given your reaction and Drew's, do you imagine much of a bidding war happening? I certainly don't.

Okay, scratch some of what I said because I thought deadline for bids was like now for some reason.

But that still doesn't make any sense to encourage it over other parties after what you said about him.

Given: the other parties with money still left are Nabe and Kursed; but you really really shouldn't have egged on Ryu to buy it for sure. We don't need this Wifom on his intent now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

For some reason I read this as "the day just went up" as in the day just expired even though I definitely came in here at first because I knew night ended.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to come back tomorrow when I'm less rattled and feel less stupid and know whether I want to bet it all on Laundry or not.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I REALLY hate Orbo grabbing the Track with no discussion and not wanting to lynch quickly after I looked at the map.

Alex is scum. We lynch Laundry out of the gate.

I don't know who number 3 is likely to be. I haven't read the thread and I intended not to, but I probably need to.
If orgot about the hated effect he could do. Mybad.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Upon review, Orbo MIGHT not be my 2nd scummer. I don't know why he would buy the track instead of the First Aid Meds.

Gross, gross, gross.

NO ONE BIDS ON THE VOTE BLOCKER! WE DO NOT WANT THAT IN THE GAME WHEN WE CAN GET STUCK IN A LYLO SCENARIO!
Because i view a track as way better than a protect because i can do more with it. My reads aren't that surw here so i dont wanna orotect the wrong people

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say **** borderlands and sit here tonight and think over everything. Its friday so i should be able to post some stuff while y'all are up back in the states

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Fwiw first impressions are that ryker and ryu are alright. Dietz I'm less sure of and i wanna ponder on if nabe v wl was that heated lookong on purpose. Maven and kursed might hold a scum

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Fwiw first impressions are that ryker and ryu are alright. Dietz I'm less sure of and i wanna ponder on if nabe v wl was that heated lookong on purpose. Maven and kursed might hold a scum
Proof?

I wouldn't be suprised if it was Maven.

Well I admit i'm scum ya'll better lynch me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Talk to me then.

Who is likely scum outside of myself.
I don't know. That's my other problem. Here's my take on the thread:

Ryker has not read the thread. It is blatantly ****ing obvious that he has not and he will stubbornly refuse to while ******** the whole time that people have expectations he make informed reads as if that's his ****ing job as a player in this game. He's probably town, because I can't imagine him getting this bloody frustrated but he's useless and a detriment.

Nabe's head is so far up his own ass I doubt it'll ever see the light of day. I think he's town but the fact that he hasn't at any time had the moment of clarity to put my gameplan together and realize I'm not scum is making me doubtful. I want to call him town but I just can't shake the nagging doubt he might not be.

Your explanation makes sense for your play. Whether that makes you town or scum, I'm not quite sure, but it gives you a valid explanation for why you were in the position you were in D1. D2 didn't happen and now in D3 you seem much more inquisitive and want to stick your head out for me for some ******** reason.

The rest of the game isn't memorable to me as Dietz and Maven haven't been here, Orbo is never doing much in the open, and Kursed is Alakaslam 2.0. I assume, at this point, that scum probably has to be Maven/Orbo because the rest of the game doesn't make sense, but I have absolutely zero justification for that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The only thing that I have deduced about the scumteam, providing that the No Kill happened intentionally rather than being due to the deadline passing like I thought, is that they intentionally gameplanned to make me look like **** and nobody is considering this and won't do that until I'm dead. I somewhat blame them because it shouldn't be beyond people to look quickly and realize "Hey, why would that guy no kill and then claim a roleblocker on a random guy who wasn't even doing anything knowing he was a townie and the whole thread would look directly at him for claiming a bingo on a townie once he flipped? It doesn't make much sense." And yet this single thought is either beyond people or they're intentionally throwing it out.

Like this ****:
Cmon Laundry, you must have known that rb was a setup for disaster.
Someone is going to have to do a really good job explaining how Laundry could be town. I find it almost impossible to believe the mafia would do a NK gambit when they had no idea who Laundry was going to target, and since they apparently did do that that means they did have control over who Laundry was going to target.
I do not find it impossible you did that knowing full well what attention you'd get, you already linked to a picture representing you waving your **** in front of everyone's face, this is really not a different type of play. I'd be really shocked if you were planning this from the start, but after the initial suspicion thrown on you and you insisting you were going to die night 1, what other explanation could you have for surviving?
What the ****?

Maven89

Smash Master
He already bid on the item as it was, may as well let him buy it outright since you can't retract bids.

Why not have someone outbid him?

That I look like **** after just lynching a townie and therefore scum don't have to shoot me as I have a very high chance of getting lynched.
Which day are talking about here? I was talking about explaining the gambit if you're scum. You snag two powerful items, and when suspicion is thrown on you overreact with multiple posts, admit several times that you "look bad" (which I'll point out I didn't agree with then and found it an odd thing for you to say), then get everyone away from Kursed and get them to lynch Gorf. At this point you're going to look bad surviving into the next day, so "blocking" the NK to get another day and a free mislynch makes perfect sense. The idea of you being scum fits, and doesn't require any giant leaps. This is why I'm thinking it's likely and will need something more then "I give up" and snide from you if you're actually town. And again you were the main force to stop the Kursed lynch, which again should have already happened.

And honestly, I want you to explain more about what made you decide that the entire neighborhood was scummy, because that never made any sense and despite you initially going incredibly gung-ho about it and argued with Zalak with the idea he was the traitor, the thing was just suddenly dropped. I also want @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 to explain this too since he jumped on, and Day 2 we had no discussion about this.

Top Bottom