• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rules:

You will be blacklisted from future mafia games if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* talking about this game outside of this thread. Mafiosi may communicate in a quicktopic provided by the host.
* liking posts when you're not in the game or are dead. You can do that once the game's over.
* writing more than a "bah, go town/mafia" post after your dead. Once you have died you shut the **** up.
* posting in the thread when you're not playing.

You will be modkilled if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* posting your role PM in the thread or quote directly from it
* post logs of private communication in this thread
* note that anything that gets you modkilled can also get you blacklisted as a consequence

You will receive modvotes if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* insulting other players [temporary]
* editing your posts [permanent]
* failing to post at least once within 24 hours [temporary]
* posting during the Night phase [temporary]
* post outside of your hydra account if you're signed up as a hydra

You should also know the following information before you sign up:
* use the command Vote: [player name] to cast your vote. You can also Vote: No lynch if you wish to.
* once an absolute majority of players have cast their vote on a player at the same time, he will be lynched and revealed
* a Day phase ends when either a voting majority or the present deadline is reached
* if you're unsure about anything regarding the game, do not hesitate to ask me via PM about it
* there will be no deadline extensions, unless a new player replaces in
* Town win condition: You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated
* Mafia win condition: You are mafia aligned and when you have a voting majority or nothing can prevent that

***​

Set-up:

2x Mafia Goon, 1x Town Traitor, 8x Vanilla Townie

Town Traitor Role PM said:
Welcome to Gheb's crazy auction Mafia, XXX!

You are the Town Traitor. You are a messed up sob who decided to betray the town and help the mafia. The mafiosi don't know your identity but you know theirs: X and Y are the mafia goons. You must do everything that's in your power to help them win.

You are town aligned and therefore count towards the town majority of votes and heads.
You win when the mafia gains a voting majority over the townies or nothing can prevent that.
***​

Procedure:
* At the beginning of the game each player gets 20.000$ to spend over the course of the game.
* Each Day starts with a bid phase that lasts 48 hours. Votes will be ignored during that time.
* In the bid phase the host will present 3 different items that players can bid for.
* The player with the highest bid on an item will obtain it at the end of the bid phase in exchange for the money he bid.
* It's possible for a player to obtain more than one item during a bid phase.
* Items that nobody bids for are discarded at the end of the bid phase.
* Once the bid phase is over, the regular Day phase proceeds. It lasts 5 irl days.
* The command to bid money on an item goes as follows: Bid [amount of money] on [item name].

Alive:
2.) Maven89
3.) Orboknown
4.) Red Ryu
7.) Dietz
8.) Nabe
10.) Kursed

Dead:
9.) Gorf - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
1.) JayTheUnseen - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2
6.) Zalak - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
11.) Laundry - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3
5.) soup replaced by RosalinaSGS replaced by Ryker - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 3

:059:

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, items are gonna be disclosed as soon as I announce the start of the bid phase.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've tenatively added you since it's very unlikely that this game will be filled by tuesday.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
this looks RAD /in ... Unless there's a problem with me being in more than one game at a time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since Dietz asked me via PM: in the event of a tie, items are bing handed out on the basis of first come, first serve.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
If I am allowed in, then sure. i'll try to be active.

/in

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Question, will the items that are bid on affect the actual game?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Tempted to join but I'm always ded d1 whenever I play a game with town traitor in it. I also get the traitor role :glare:

for real /in

:186:

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
HELLLLLO children :)! I cant wait to share this transcendental experience with every single one of you freedom fighters, lets take the system down and let peace walk!

Yea :)

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if I should invite @ S Sodo to join?

I'd love to play, Gheb, but I'm on a school binge right now and I don't want to play if I can't commit myself fully to the game. It wouldn't feel right for my first go-around. But good luck with the game, I'm sure someone will step up!

Top Bottom