• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why not have someone outbid him?
The only people I would want to have that item already blew all their money.

Which day are talking about here? I was talking about explaining the gambit if you're scum. You snag two powerful items, and when suspicion is thrown on you overreact with multiple posts, admit several times that you "look bad" (which I'll point out I didn't agree with then and found it an odd thing for you to say), then get everyone away from Kursed and get them to lynch Gorf. At this point you're going to look bad surviving into the next day, so "blocking" the NK to get another day and a free mislynch makes perfect sense. The idea of you being scum fits, and doesn't require any giant leaps. This is why I'm thinking it's likely and will need something more then "I give up" and snide from you if you're actually town. And again you were the main force to stop the Kursed lynch, which again should have already happened.
So then why did I "block the NK" and then claim that **** on Jay? If I knew I was gonna die, why not gusto at someone who was legitimately a threat or somebody who could lead town to victory during my absence?

And honestly, I want you to explain more about what made you decide that the entire neighborhood was scummy, because that never made any sense and despite you initially going incredibly gung-ho about it and argued with Zalak with the idea he was the traitor, the thing was just suddenly dropped. I also want @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 to explain this too since he jumped on, and Day 2 we had no discussion about this.
My entire ****ing tirade didn't explain it? I didn't buy Nabe's reasons for claiming it. I didn't buy Jay's refusal to use the Neighborhood. I didn't buy Zalak's reasons for his choices. There was a lot of shady **** that didn't add up at the time and given that we didn't have the time to really discuss it due to Nabe springing it less than 24 hours to deadline, I swung into it during the nightphase and got what I thought was a bingo, which made me go extra hard at it because I thought it validated my suspicions. Obviously, I was wrong, but there was zero way to know that at the time. I dropped it as soon as I started to believe that Zalak wasn't traitor and then dropped it again as soon as I started to question my Nabe read again.

:186:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
My justification is because of my little lure experiment.

Maven has done nothing other than hammering me. Most of maven's posts is of Maven where he suggests lynching me or how i'm still alive. My goal was to actually get an exact response what maven is giving me because it is a free town lynch for mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rules state nothing about bid phase ending early, but Vote Laundry in case a buzzer beater becomes obvious and needed. I'll be around tomorrow.

Maven89

Smash Master
Laundry, maybe I haven't been explaining myself, but I'm not trying to say that what happened proves you're scum. It doesn't. I think it's likely that you're scum, or at least I want you to be because it would be a quick and simple solution to all of this cluter**** that's happened. But my point was that Jay being lynched is not a point in your favor. I'm assuming the mafia isn't so incompetent to just not send in a night kill, which means that it was a deliberate trick on their part. The trick would either have to be that you're scum and chose not to kill in order to frame Jaytheunseen, or the mafia chose to not kill and hope for the best. Clearly there's problems with both of these, I honestly find the first one more likely since I can easily see a couple of ways that could happen, I pointed it out in that second post to you, but pointing out that this has problems (which it does, because Jay would be a really dumb choice) does not mean it didn't happen, since the other option, the mafia just chose to hope you didn't pick one of them, is also really dumb. So clearly something off has happened, so just because the option against you has a problem is not a problem because the other one also has a problem. I'll also point out that I think you can agree that you made a mistake in your game no matter what alignment you are since you're in this position, so again pointing out that it would've been a dumb decision doesn't clear you and doesn't work as a defense.

I honestly forgot about most of your triade about the nieghborhood on Day 2, I'll point out I still don't see how you could think a scum neighborhood would publicly announce their neighborhood and who their traitor is, but that's a small thing that really doesn't matter at all, I was more seeing if you could justify it at all when i forgot you already did.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No you talk to me about this.
How sure are you this is scum laundry.
He claimed a role block on a town player in a scenario that could lead to a quickdraw.

I'm not sure. I think you could be scum. I think Kursed could be scum. I think Nabe could be scum because the lie thing was awful. I think Orbo could be scum for the quick bid. I think Dietz could be scum because I've not seen anything painfully town from him. I think Maven could be scum for the same reason.

However, if scum start quick lynching someone with Alex's ability, then Alex needs votes on him to be killed off fast enough. If they quicklynch Alex, I see who piles on and hammers to better protect.

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven has done nothing other than hammering me. Most of maven's posts is of Maven where he suggests lynching me or how i'm still alive.
That's not most of my posts, but I have been mentioning that a lot. Because it was going to be Day 2 and your slot was still going to be alive. Now it's day 3 and your slot is still alive, come Day 4 your slot is still probably going to be alive, and with the way this game is going your slot could actually be taken all the way to lylo since there doesn't seem to be any discernible action you could take to get people to lynch you. Obviously I have a giant ****ing problem with this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1.) Since all items have been placed the maximum bids on the bid phase is over an votes count from now on.
2.) If mafia doesn't send in a Night Kill then a No Kill happens. This information was supposed to be in the rules, I don't know why it's not there.
3.) No further information on the first aid box, the voteblocker add-on or any other item.
4.) Items will be handed out later when I'm back from work.

:059:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
That's not most of my posts, but I have been mentioning that a lot. Because it was going to be Day 2 and your slot was still going to be alive. Now it's day 3 and your slot is still alive, come Day 4 your slot is still probably going to be alive, and with the way this game is going your slot could actually be taken all the way to lylo since there doesn't seem to be any discernible action you could take to get people to lynch you. Obviously I have a giant ****ing problem with this.
You bought the vest to protect yourself at night. Why?! I don't see you exactly as a target in any way.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1.) Since all items have been placed the maximum bids on the bid phase is over an votes count from now on.
2.) If mafia doesn't send in a Night Kill then a No Kill happens. This information was supposed to be in the rules, I don't know why it's not there.
3.) No further information on the first aid box, the voteblocker add-on or any other item.
4.) Items will be handed out later when I'm back from work.

I kindly request that votes not count until after items are passed out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
After sitting out a night, I think I'd rather bank the game on the hated item being public use than on a hasty decision.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Knowing how the item I bought functions exactly stands a chance of changing my opinion on my above statement.

Maven89

Smash Master
You bought the vest to protect yourself at night. Why?! I don't see you exactly as a target in any way.
Honestly I don't find there to be a good reason to directly acknowledge you, but since this is a valid question

1. Cause when Day 2 started the only person I was comfortable getting that item was Laundry and he had no money
2. Because town needs that item, it removes the only way for mafia to kill you. Now theyhave to push me in the thread to remove me, and I'm fairly confident that I can defend myself from false pushes, which basically guarantees me a ticket to the end game, and while I'm not a top tier player I'm not an idiot and don't believe I'll screw the pooch.
3. Nothing sucks worse then being really into a game only to find out the mafia killed you. Now that won't happen to me and I won't have my enjoyment ripped from under my feet

Maven89

Smash Master
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker are you going to read the thread? Because if not then that's something we all need to deal with, because I am not comfortable with you staying around without having any idea what occurred, nor am I comfortable just lynching you for this. If you're not then we're going to have to put in a lot of work to educate you on what occurred, which would be really goddamn annoying and presumptuous on your part to make us do that, but I find it better then having you float around clueless and unable to hold you responsible since you have no idea what's going on.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Probably not.

I will read sections. I will look things up, but I likely will not sit down and read 1400 posts.

I might, but it would take a lot more.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since the item you obtain in the bid phase may affect your approach to the Day phase, votes will not count before Day phase has been announced. This rule is official now and will not be changed anymore. Items will be handed out shortly.

Orboknown obtains 2x Tracker add-on for 20K
Ryker obtains 3x First Aid Box for 20K
Red Ryu obtains Voteblocker add-on for 20K

~~~
Day 3 begins, with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: Last minute of Thursday, 4.16 GMT

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Given that Ryu's posted and I don't see a game winning voteblock for scum come from him I'm going to go ahead and assume he's town. (My role Wifom notwithstanding.)

Vote: Laundry

All or nothing; but you're not coming to Lylo. Especially not with unknown stinkbug and roleblock status.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Whachu maje of dietz and laundry?
Dietz is kinda iffy right now, when he came back all he really did i feel was kinda just quote me and help mavens push against me. But then dietz balanced out by going against others.

Laundry is town lean for me. Yeah it's super odd laundry hasn't used the stinkbug and i'm gonna be pretty pissed if he dies before using it. But he also made me happy when he was one of the only few to try to prove to town i'm a townie. Yet again maybe he did this to convince me he's on my side because i'm new and would assume he's good. Laundry has given up on town in his posts which confuses me, because Red was listening to him and i'm actually interested in reading Laundry's posts. ( except for the ones with nabe because i just started reading those and they were just so vague i stopped reading the argument at all. )

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laundry is at L-2 due to modvotes.

At least we won't need literally every town player to be on him now though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why not have someone outbid him?

Which day are talking about here? I was talking about explaining the gambit if you're scum. You snag two powerful items, and when suspicion is thrown on you overreact with multiple posts, admit several times that you "look bad" (which I'll point out I didn't agree with then and found it an odd thing for you to say), then get everyone away from Kursed and get them to lynch Gorf. At this point you're going to look bad surviving into the next day, so "blocking" the NK to get another day and a free mislynch makes perfect sense. The idea of you being scum fits, and doesn't require any giant leaps. This is why I'm thinking it's likely and will need something more then "I give up" and snide from you if you're actually town. And again you were the main force to stop the Kursed lynch, which again should have already happened.

And honestly, I want you to explain more about what made you decide that the entire neighborhood was scummy, because that never made any sense and despite you initially going incredibly gung-ho about it and argued with Zalak with the idea he was the traitor, the thing was just suddenly dropped. I also want @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 to explain this too since he jumped on, and Day 2 we had no discussion about this.
There's not a lot to explain beyond that we had a claimed roleblock guilty and Zalak honestly looked like he was intentionally flailing for thread attention at that point, which would fit with a traitor mentality if a mafia was bingo'd. I wasn't even able to post or vote during the day phase itself though, so the lynch was carried out entirely without me.

Seriously though, if anyone has burning convictions for a slot that isn't Laundry, now is the time. I'm sticking to the assumption that Ryu is town based on the non-use of voteblock right now.

Atm I'm sticking to the slot that's got the most on it's scum list. Lynching Gorf, claiming a guilty on an unsuspected Town slot, taking the stinkbug, and in general having flipped it's reads more than anyone else in the game so far, and at the most convenient times. Last thing we heard from Laundry before he dipped was that he was most suspicious of Ryu, but then he was okay with Ryu getting the voteblock. That doesn't make sense from a town perspective, or even from a scum one unless scum was entirely out of money at this point (hint, I think they are).

The roleblocker Wifom is a unique scenario, but I'm starting to think only Laundry really appreciated how powerful it was in an open setup like this. Initially I had thought of it from the pro-scum perspective only as a powerful ability to stop a known town player with an ability from functioning, but as we've seen now with a player with a known roleblock on the table you're actually able to both fake a guilty and keep the roleblock around for use. Usually you can't do that because people will assume you were lying about being a roleblocker, but in this case it's near bulletproof as long as people don't call the bluff pre-emptively (and there's little reason we would).

So far Laundry's defense on the matter has been "why would I?", but if you look at the outcomes I can quite clearly see why you would. So far it's been a 2 for 1, and since we still haven't found the traitor this would still be a perfect traitor play to make, especially when you incorporate in the stinkbug. Even as regular mafia I see this as a winning scenario. I mean even now after the fact we're still wifoming ourselves about lynching him and now the game is on the line.

I'd be open to lynching a few other players here, but you're going to need a hell of a case to move my vote if you want it; so speak up now if you're not voting Laundry or we're wasting time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm just busy at the moment. I am definitely not averse to lynching Laundry, but quite obviously he didn't use his item, so we have time to waste.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I left for a bit, sorry Gheb, I was mad at the game and figured it'd be better to cool off than come back and keep spewing bile at everyone and everything.

vote: Maven

That slot pushes Kursed specifically as the town traitor on D1, and then uses the fact that it wasn't lynched as a reason to lynch me. Singling Kursed out as the Town Traitor is especially nefarious--it's the equivalent of Indy hunting in the game. The traitor is not at all aligned with the mafia in terms of role PM, so they can freely push it and hunt for it and if they misfire, well, oops, they hit town (perfect thing for scum to push, no?). That and him using Kursed's bandwagon failing as a reason to suspect me is a joke. I pushed the Gorf lynch, sure, but that should be a sign as to how poor the Kursed bandwagon truly was. That lynch happened at the end of the day and I had just one vote. If Kursed was such a solidly scummy player, then there's more than enough reason to believe he would've been lynched over Gorf and my case and vote would've been ignored in favor of him.

If Maven is, in fact, mafia, you can assume that Kursed is town--I believe he's sincere in saying Kursed is the traitor and therefore unaligned with him directly (as you can assume the same of any scummer pushing an indy). I also believe that Kursed was sincere when he showed zero awareness as to the mechanics of the traitor earlier in the thread when asked about it.

That's all I really have. Drew won't read, Nabe's unbelievably stubborn or scum, and Dietz is stuck on this as well. Maven's scum so IDGAF, but that's 4 slots to lynch me when it takes 5 to lynch, and just Kursed and Ruy supporting me does nothing in my end. My goal would be to swing Orbo to my cause and force a stalemate but it's likely Orbo is scum as well and I have a modvote on my side so this doesn't work.

Wait, I have an idea.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gonna look out for replacements

Kursed [4] - Maven, Red Ryu, Dietz, Orboknown
Laundry [2] - <MOD>, Nabe
Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Orboknown [1] - Kursed
Nabe [2] - Laundry, Zalak
RosalinaSGS [2] - <MOD>, Gorf
Maven89 [1] - <MOD>
Gorf [1] - Jay

Not voting: RosalinaSGS
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

Before Neighborhood claim and my push on Gorf, this is what the votecount was at.

Gorf [6] - Jay, Laundry, Orboknown, Nabe, Red Ryu, Zalak
Kursed [2] - Maven, Dietz
Zalak [2] - <MOD>, Kursed
RosalinaSGS [2] - <MOD>, Gorf
Laundry [1] - <MOD>
Maven89 [1] - <MOD>

Not voting: RosalinaSGS
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

Gorf [Vanilla Townie] has been lynched! Day 1 ends, Night 1 begins.
Send in all Night Actions within 48 hours. Deadline is the last minute of Sunday, April 5th [GMT].

No more posting.

End of day votecount.

Jay was on Gorf prior to my case on him. What you see is the neighborhood, myself, Orbo, and Ryu on that wagon. Orbo and Ryu are the only two that switched over directly from Kursed. Nabe switched from myself to Gorf, and Zalak hammered. I thought this could've yielded a result but given that the only one of those I think have a case for being scummy at the moment is Orbo, I don't think there is. Back to Maven.

Top Bottom